went shotgun shopping today, what do you guys think? - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Weapons & Hunters Corner For all your firearms, safety, weapon choice, hunting topic questions.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-30-2004, 08:36 PM Thread Starter
YO MAMA

Sportbike: 2010 Electra Glide Police Edition 103cu
Years Riding: a long time!

wenty shotgun shopping today, what do you guys think?

well i went out and felt, and played with and pointed and etc. to find what fit me the best, and felt like an over all great pick, not to mention weight.

well i found what i liked and sure as hell felt the best over, winchester, beretta,mosberg,remmington, etc..i went threw all the brands, what i was looking for was a semi auto, i like the side by sides and over unders, but at this point in time, they dont do nothing for me.

so, the benelli line up caught my eye, and aswell as its pointing and overall weight.
its funny too, most of there line up SAYS they weigh about the same, i didnt find this to be true.

this sport II was light, and pointed dead on 9/10 times presented and was easy to flow and swing with it beinging sighted in, it comes with 5 choke tubes, and is for 2 3/4-3inch rounds.

to me its a winner, but i wanted to get some feed back.

http://www.benelliusa.com/firearms/sport.tpl

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-30-2004, 08:51 PM

Sportbike: looking to get dirty!
Years Riding: long time
How you found us: SBN

yeah baby....that's the shit.

Brian (F.K.A. Crazy)

Gamertag: CRAZY403

“You can’t escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today.”

-Abraham Lincoln

“Blessed are the young, for they shall inherit the national debt.”

-Herbert Hoover
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-30-2004, 08:57 PM

Sportbike: yz250f
Years Riding: 25 years
How you found us: dont recall

Some things that come to mind Ken

If youre looking for a lightweight gun take a look at the Browning Gold - Fusion. It has a great feel to it and its 6.5 lbs. I shouldve bought that last Fall. Found it cheap...Im an idiot

Also.. I got a flyer in the mail from Gander Mtn today. They have their gun clearance going on right now. May want to check it out

http://www.browning.com/products/cat...11&type_id=141

I also wouldnt get a gun that only shoots 2 and 3/4" shells

Mike

When the tailgate drops..the bullshit stops
Hunt ethically - Hunt with a trained Retriever !

Last edited by 2weelpilot; 01-30-2004 at 09:08 PM.
post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-30-2004, 10:40 PM

That theres a prudy lookin gun.

But this one mean

ccs #282
SM-USA #88
R6
Yz 426
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-30-2004, 10:54 PM Thread Starter
YO MAMA

well i didnt think this thread got posted cause the site was messed up, even had to edit the title, anyway,
i saw that one mike, didnt like the internals of it, and didnt point well for me at all, always wound up to high.

ill give them a call before i buy it though, i REALLY liked the sport II it had a great feel, great looks, and pointed like an extenstion of me, also too mike it takes up to 3 inch shell.

ducman..lol bro i already got an assult shotgun...speaking of which, i looked at all the new FN shotguns..nice looking peices..just dont like winchester internals.

post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-30-2004, 10:58 PM
Old Squid on a Blade

Sportbike: 2000 929
Years Riding: Longer than most of you have been alive. And I'm still slow.
How you found us: The voices in my head told me to come here

I have a very similar Bennelli in the basement. It was my wife's first shotgun. So, I guess you just bought a girly gun.

BTW, Sweet gun. I really like the Benelli. Great action, the recoil operated operation makes it shoot very soft and it has a fast cycle time. Reacquision on the send shot is quite fast. Now that you have a real bird gun, let me know if you want to come up to the club to shoot some clays.

There is nothing firm, nothing balanced, nothing durable in all the universe. Nothing remains in its original state, each day, each hour, each moment, there is change. Change is the essence of life. Embrace change as you do life. To fight change is to live in the past.
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-30-2004, 11:07 PM Thread Starter
YO MAMA

bruce i didnt buy it yet..i was asking if by chance someone shot one of these owns this model or what not.

another thing i found out today is i CAN send out my barrel to have it threded, to which i can use any kind of chokes, and also still shoot slugs, all threw my mossberg 590DA assult shotgun.

its only a few hundred, but i kinda figured just buy a new one alittle normal looking for hunting, but then it gets me thinking, why not just modify my mossberg, to do it all?

i still can shot criminals, still use it for bird hunting, cause of the chokes for proper groups at longer shots (other then CQB) and then down the line, when i feel really pimping, and find something exotic, maybe get an overunder, with some NICE scrolling and gold inlays..for like fancy man shit.

post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-31-2004, 12:03 AM
yo quiero su taco

Sportbike: Honda CBR 954 blk/slvr
Years Riding: 10 years
How you found us: They found me. Follow the white rabbit.

Quote:
Originally posted by Ducman
That theres a prudy lookin gun.

But this one mean
Holy shit, I want that. Don't know much about guns, Does that thing take b'bs or caps? Seriously, though, who makes it? FN?

Last edited by whiteSeatEnvy; 01-31-2004 at 12:08 AM.
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-31-2004, 06:31 AM
Your friendly Crazy Canuk

Sportbike: Ducati ST3 2005 Gloss Black, Monster 620, 2007 Sport Classic 1000
Years Riding: Crashing sucessfully since 1969
How you found us: Thru favorednation (ron)

Send a message via AIM to RickC1957 Send a message via Yahoo to RickC1957
Ken,

I'm partial to Remmington's and Brownings, I say stop screwing around buy yourself a really nice over/under, YOU WILL NOT REGRET THIS We should really do a sporting clays day at Northbrook SC or Winchester SC. I will drag out ALL my shotguns you can try them, make an informed decision. And just a little info, I have knock down way more birds with a 2 3/4 shell that with a 3 incher. What happens with peeps shooting 3's is they think they can shoot at ducks and geese further out, so they end up cloud busting, instead of learn out to call them in and the importance of a good decoy lay out, hunting from a blind is all about set up and patience.

Rick

PS the only time 3" goes into my 870, is with a turkey choke for turkey hunting, and the sonofabitch kicks like a mule

Sometimes goodbye is your second chance.
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-31-2004, 06:55 AM

Sportbike: 2000 Hayabusa Blue & Silver! Mods-> Oh yeah!
Years Riding: Oh just a couple or so....
How you found us: Old SBN days.......

Ken, Do not modify your duty weapon! Way too many variables to deal with and mental notes will be required all the time!

Besides would'nt you just rather enlarge your inventory?
I know the wifey would love to have you do that!

I have to agree with Rick and lets do a clay shoot and take him up on the offer of trying out the various shotguns. what you "feel" and what you really feel in recoil, operation, and live fire could be a major difference. Which i know you know that already buy if you shoot one of ricks that you like and he might let you utilize that particular one in a hunt.

Then there would be no question!

Good luck.

<--Kelly

2000 Hayabusa
2006 Honda CRF50
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-31-2004, 09:00 AM
" It Time To Ride "

Sportbike: Suzuki GSX-R750
Years Riding: 20+
How you found us: Long search for motorcycle clubs online

Send a message via MSN to Justmax
Talking Browning BabY!!!

I have a browning over and under that I had since I was 19 years old. I bought out in calif when i was in Marine Corp to shoot sheet and came with two types barrels. I don't hunt much and I like sheet shooting. Me I like pistol and a good rifle.

1.Sig P220 .45
2.Sig p228 9mm
3.Sig p229 .40 and 357 barrel
3.bauer Rifle 5.56 Semi
4.Psg-1 7.62 Semi Import England SAS snipers use these,Fellow Marine in RMarine. Got it for me it was decommission do the barrel had bad twist in rifling. 1100meter bulleye every time.

US MARINE CORP
"Semper Fi''

post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-31-2004, 09:46 AM
Administrator

Sportbike: A couple of pasta rockets
Years Riding: Since 1989
How you found us: In the beginning there was CLSB and Tony saw that it was good.

Send a message via AIM to HDTony
Quote:
Originally posted by RickC1957
Ken,

I'm partial to Remmington's and Brownings, I say stop screwing around buy yourself a really nice over/under, YOU WILL NOT REGRET THIS We should really do a sporting clays day at Northbrook SC or Winchester SC. I will drag out ALL my shotguns you can try them, make an informed decision. And just a little info, I have knock down way more birds with a 2 3/4 shell that with a 3 incher. What happens with peeps shooting 3's is they think they can shoot at ducks and geese further out, so they end up cloud busting, instead of learn out to call them in and the importance of a good decoy lay out, hunting from a blind is all about set up and patience.

Rick

PS the only time 3" goes into my 870, is with a turkey choke for turkey hunting, and the sonofabitch kicks like a mule
I am all for a sporting clays day where yall bring all your guns. I want to get another shot gun also.

Ken I've always read good things about the Bennellis but I've never shot one.

HDTony.... Damn glad to meet you!

Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.

- Ronald Reagan

AirTek Heating & Air inc.
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-31-2004, 10:02 AM
B.O.B

Sportbike: 'nana.
Years Riding: Look at my join date, ruh-tard.
How you found us: SBN?

Send a message via AIM to EndlessRR
Re: Browning BabY!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Justmax
I have a browning over and under that I had since I was 19 years old. I bought out in calif when i was in Marine Corp to shoot sheet and came with two types barrels. I don't hunt much and I like sheet shooting. Me I like pistol and a good rifle.

1.Sig P220 .45
2.Sig p228 9mm
3.Sig p229 .40 and 357 barrel
3.bauer Rifle 5.56 Semi
4.Psg-1 7.62 Semi Import England SAS snipers use these,Fellow Marine in RMarine. Got it for me it was decommission do the barrel had bad twist in rifling. 1100meter bulleye every time.

Jesus brotha!! How muchie was the psg?

Quote:
Originally Posted by G2G
No one says you have to get drunk everytime you drink.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoodles
Isn't that like having sex and not finishing though?
post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-31-2004, 10:13 AM Thread Starter
YO MAMA

ya cant even buy the PSG1 anymore, its valued around 12g's if i remember correctly.

never the less hold on to that puppy.

and rick, sounds like a plan, but still, felt recoil means nothing to this bad ass...hehehehhehee

i was up to 4am reading differant shotgun websites, and maybe read 100's of pages, and not 1 problem with the sport II people liked it over the beretta, faster cycle time, slimmer, and less cleaning "even though that doesnt mattter to me i always clean weither its 1 shot or a 1000"

over all no one regrets buying it, and alot of people have shot both, or own both the sportII and the l390? beretta the other one i was looking at closly.

i am gonna go look around some more today, already went to 2 gun shops mega, and the gun shop, now off to gander and bass pro.

so see ya guys later....i try not to buy right away, i also got my eye on a ruger 480 pistol, shot it yesterday OUCH! big gun bug round, not all that bad, but the webbing by my thumb killed gotta do something about that grip, so i gotta check into that before i buy that 480.

for bore hunting if your asking yourself why.

post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-31-2004, 10:19 AM
" It Time To Ride "

Sportbike: Suzuki GSX-R750
Years Riding: 20+
How you found us: Long search for motorcycle clubs online

Send a message via MSN to Justmax
Talking

The Hk was freebie from fellow marine in england for favor in exchange for information. When was in my twenty i use to body guard with him. It is a military type. I have know ideal of price tag on one. I know scope is about $1000.00

US MARINE CORP
"Semper Fi''

post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-31-2004, 11:08 AM

Sportbike: 05 CRF50
Years Riding: "Since 1992"
How you found us: You found me

Ken...DONT mod your Mossberg any more. That DA trigger pull is way to awkward for hunting/ clays. Do you really want a semi? Im with Rick, get yourself a nice over/under. You are more than welcome to try mine out; you haven't seen it yet.

Beretta 686e Sport.
post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-31-2004, 05:53 PM Thread Starter
YO MAMA

well i found a new gun i like, this it was a browning, over under, NICE shotgun with GREAT detail work to it.

but now the price for it is 2000.00

so i gotta think about this, but before i buy it, i am gonna borrow one from a friend next time we go out.

post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-31-2004, 08:32 PM
Administrator

Sportbike: A couple of pasta rockets
Years Riding: Since 1989
How you found us: In the beginning there was CLSB and Tony saw that it was good.

Send a message via AIM to HDTony
Quote:
Originally posted by Odysseys
well i found a new gun i like, this it was a browning, over under, NICE shotgun with GREAT detail work to it.

but now the price for it is 2000.00

so i gotta think about this, but before i buy it, i am gonna borrow one from a friend next time we go out.
I personally wouldnt buy a 2000 dollar gun to go trapsing around a field hunting birds. if you trip and put a scratch in that thing its gonna ruin your day. where as a 500 dollar remington or something youll just spray some camo over the scratch and say fuck it

HDTony.... Damn glad to meet you!

Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.

- Ronald Reagan

AirTek Heating & Air inc.
post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-31-2004, 08:44 PM

Sportbike: yz250f
Years Riding: 25 years
How you found us: dont recall

aint no way in H I'd be taking a $2000 gun in the field either. And your right on about a cheaper gun like mine Tony.

"F it" has been mumbled more than once this year !

Mike

When the tailgate drops..the bullshit stops
Hunt ethically - Hunt with a trained Retriever !
post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-31-2004, 09:56 PM Thread Starter
YO MAMA

its just a gun guys, comeone, like a scratch will make it shoot bad or something...lol

post #21 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-01-2004, 02:46 PM
Old Squid on a Blade

Sportbike: 2000 929
Years Riding: Longer than most of you have been alive. And I'm still slow.
How you found us: The voices in my head told me to come here

Rick,

Are you a member at NB? My wife and I have been members for 8 years, although with baby around we don't get out much anymore. Heck, I didn't shoot there once in 03. If so, wanna meet up and break some clays?

BTW, for clays I'm Browning all the way. I have a Lightning and my wife has a 425.

There is nothing firm, nothing balanced, nothing durable in all the universe. Nothing remains in its original state, each day, each hour, each moment, there is change. Change is the essence of life. Embrace change as you do life. To fight change is to live in the past.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode