Guns guns guns... - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Weapons & Hunters Corner For all your firearms, safety, weapon choice, hunting topic questions.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-31-2004, 05:14 PM Thread Starter

Guns guns guns...

Just spent the last 2 days at a wake and a funeral for a childhood friend and neighbor who was killed in an accidental discharge from a shotgun on Monday. The details are and always will be unclear, but everyone who knew him knows it wasn't a suicide. God bless his family... very troubling to think about. Great guy, kind hearted, high spirited, loving family, soon to be uncle, broke down when his brother came up to talk to everyone... Man... still breaking down... even the priest was crying... He was the guy who would always strike out in little league and always went out there and tried his hardest again and again. He was the guy that would help anyone, truely selfless. As we all got older and all grew apart we would see eachother at weddings and graduation parties and Dave was always the happy drunk dancing around showing everyone how to have a good time... A truely memorable person. Today all of us "kids" and families got together on another occasion, one of a loss of someone who created a part of us as we all grew up.

So, hows this fit into guns here at CLSB. Well, its a well known fact that there are many gunlovers here. It sounds like this all happened after returning from trap shooting w/ 3 inexperienced people. A shotgun ended up back at the house with an unexpected round in it... Heres the deal. Myself and probably most of the people on the site are very exprienced with handling weapons. Gun safety was religious in the army, ask labdog. But, when people who have never been around guns get excited or anxious, or whatever and do stupid things like this and look what happens.

I have no beef with guns or gunowners so this ain't no political thing. This is simply an experience I feel that all that are around guns need to hear about. Be careful out there, when an inexperienced person messes up, let them know and I mean LET THEM KNOW how serious it could be. Fuck, jack 'em in the face, pistol whip, do something to let them know your serious when it comes to gun safety. I hope nobody on this board we all love ever has to deal with what this family has to deal with...

Rest in Peace Dave!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-31-2004, 05:50 PM
YO MAMA

Sportbike: 2010 Electra Glide Police Edition 103cu
Years Riding: a long time!

yes very sad, and also VERY important safety needs to be addressed AT ALL TIME with firarms!

may he rest in peace.

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-31-2004, 07:47 PM

I'm very sorry

Great post.

Something must be in the air, cause the wife and I just got back from a couples purchase. I want her to have protection when I travel, but the thought of something happening takes away from the joy of ownership.

I'll make sure we both get lots of practice in. Safety first.
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-31-2004, 08:22 PM
" It Time To Ride "

Sportbike: Suzuki GSX-R750
Years Riding: 20+
How you found us: Long search for motorcycle clubs online

Send a message via MSN to Justmax
God Bless him

Very sad my man. It very much of issue with fire safety. I believe you should go threw safety course before get FOid card. It sound not right but there are lot people that are clueless to safety with fire arms. It crush me when I hear about child with gun that parent left under there bed or some were loaded

US MARINE CORP
"Semper Fi''

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-31-2004, 08:30 PM
Administrator

Sportbike: A couple of pasta rockets
Years Riding: Since 1989
How you found us: In the beginning there was CLSB and Tony saw that it was good.

Send a message via AIM to HDTony
That is very sad. it kills me how that happens, safety is sooo important.

HDTony.... Damn glad to meet you!

Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.

- Ronald Reagan

AirTek Heating & Air inc.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-31-2004, 08:35 PM

Sportbike: yz250f
Years Riding: 25 years
How you found us: dont recall

I spent 7 hours at the Hunter Safety Course with my 9 year old today and we have another 7 hours tomorrow. They drill it in their heads and tell them horror stories that really make them understand. They have a saying in the class " One you pull the trigger...you cant call it back". Very true

Please remember....guns dont kill people

Very sorry to hear about the accident.

Mike

When the tailgate drops..the bullshit stops
Hunt ethically - Hunt with a trained Retriever !

Last edited by 2weelpilot; 01-31-2004 at 09:36 PM.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-31-2004, 09:33 PM Thread Starter

Just be careful out the guys... My neighborhood was very close and this devastated everyone
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-01-2004, 02:56 PM
Old Squid on a Blade

Sportbike: 2000 929
Years Riding: Longer than most of you have been alive. And I'm still slow.
How you found us: The voices in my head told me to come here

That's very sad. RIP

Guns and bikes will take you out if mishandled. There is no excuse for a discharge of a "forgotten" round. The last accidential discharge I know of was at Northbrook SC about 2 years ago. Someone thought he put a snap cap in his shotgun and dropped the hammer. He took out a section of the carpet and scattered pellets all over the place. Thank goodness no one was hurt. that got snap caps banned from the club.

Once again, sorry about the accident. RIP

There is nothing firm, nothing balanced, nothing durable in all the universe. Nothing remains in its original state, each day, each hour, each moment, there is change. Change is the essence of life. Embrace change as you do life. To fight change is to live in the past.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-01-2004, 03:22 PM
Cuddlie as a koala

Sportbike: Which bike?
Years Riding: Too long.
How you found us: Ken offered me money to join.

Quote:
Originally posted by Blade Runner
There is no excuse for a discharge of a "forgotten" round.

Exactly.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode