Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

Who wants to do some indoor shooting. (lets get together)

2K views 33 replies 11 participants last post by  CharlieTuna 
#1 · (Edited)
well someone was asking.

i am going to go to mega sports in plainfield..they got the best , cleanest, brightest shooting range around.
buy a box of over priced ammo and you get a range discount...the range fee then is something like 14 bucks for as long as you wanna shoot.

i suggest buying the bulk of your ammo elsewhere..they are high on it..and they got a GREAT selection of guns and stuff.

anyway i am thinking friday.....they open at 10am and close the range 1/2 hour before they close which is 8pm i do believe.

anytime after 3pm i can go...so if someone can make it...would be fun to compare targets etc. and just get together.

incase someone asks? each shooter MUST have a FOID card.

hope to see someone there..i also think they allow .22 rilfes to shoot there..NO SHOTGUNS though:(

call them for directions and hours of op's. but they are on rt30 between hwy55 and renwick rd (159th)

post if you can make it sometime to join up and play.:cheers

See less See more
#3 ·
Oddy, I would be willing to go shooting sometime, but plainfield is a hike for me. I need the practice though, it has been a long time since I went shooting and the word shitty comes to mind when I think about how good my aim is.

If you find somewhere more centralized in the future, I will try to make it as long as I have my car with me. I'm not quite ready to ride the bike with a gun in the trunk and ammo in my pocket.

#6 ·
I go to outdoor world in gurnee. Cheap ammo, $7.99 for box of 9mm and cheap clean range, $8.00 all the time you want and it includes ear and eye protection. They really just want to get you in the store.

#7 ·
I like Maxon in Desplaines. I buy a 10 pass for $80...though I think you really get 12 punches on the card. The ammo could be cheaper, but oh well. I buy mine at Outdoor World.

#8 ·
Amen to Mega Sports. That place has the best range I've ever seen. The last time I was there was a hot summer day. Nice A/C in the range and no smoke. They even have a sink nearby to wash up after shooting. The last time I was there, they had some German made ammo on sale, I bought a box to try and a speed loader, and got a discount on the range fee. The ammo turned out to be pretty nice as well, bought a couple more boxes, and it cost less than what I normally used. I will try to make it out. Weekdays are tough for me. Last time I was there was on a Sun. and the place was pretty empty, the range anyway.

#9 ·
BIGGY said:
I like Maxon in Desplaines. I buy a 10 pass for $80...though I think you really get 12 punches on the card. The ammo could be cheaper, but oh well. I buy mine at Outdoor World.
I used to go to Maxons until I bought my Walther p22 from them. I bought it new, it had a defective barrel. They were "fixing" it for around 4 month. They kept blaming Walther for taking so long. Finally I called Walther to find out what the hell is going on Walther doesn’t even do repairs in the US. They forwarded me to another company that does. That company never had any part orders put in from Maxons. Call back Maxons and then they admitted that they where trying to use a third party that’s not really authorized but with whom the work a lot. Finally I demanded my gun back, which by the way it took them 2 hours to find. (Luckily there was an excellent Chinese buffet near golf). I ended up having the gun fixed at shore galleries over on Devon. That place has awesome prices on guns by the way.

#10 ·
Naked, you DO need a current FOID card.

Shore Gallery is GREAT! My friends have been doing business with Mitch and company for over twenty years.:cheers

#12 ·
I knew I should have called you Friday....I went right after work with a coworker who bought a new 9. I brought the shotgun to seewhat kind of pattern it threw...

HS I was amazed how tight the full choke is.....from 15 feet the pattern was only 4-5 inches in diameter. I was able to place 2-3 holes inside a paper plate.

ANyway....I;ve been going to this place on New York St....a few miles west of 59 in Aurora. Real nice range.....elctronic target controllers.

#17 ·
yeah thats the place...i wont go to that joint again....i am not gonna rush even though it doesnt take me long to go threw 500-700 rounds.

thats just out ragis, and i wont pay that...not that i cant afford it ..its just i WONT pay that price again.

#25 ·
Odysseys said:
yes you need a FOID card.

the last 2 times in this winter i went there to go train my wife to shoot there was a waiting list of 10 people.

during the week at any time...it is just walk on in..and shoot.

biggy wait till you see mega sports;)
I think they changed the law about FOID cards. You can shoot as long as someone in your group has a FOID card. We've been shooting at GAT guns and Gunworld and I've brought people with me that didn't have a FOID card. The only thing is that they can't shoot any of the rental guns but they can shoot your guns.

Eric B.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.