Gun 'blue book' values? - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Weapons & Hunters Corner For all your firearms, safety, weapon choice, hunting topic questions.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-20-2007, 07:48 AM Thread Starter
Done got slower

Sportbike: '03 Speed Triple
Years Riding: quite a few (I'm getting old)
How you found us: guy at motorcycle shop

Gun 'blue book' values?

Hi,

Does anyone know of a good source of going rates for various guns? Something like a Kelly Blue Book for guns. I have a couple of guns I'm thinking of selling but don't know of a good way to access their values (MAK 90 rifle and a Ruger P89 9mm stainless handgun ...both in like new condition).

Thanks.

- Frank
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-20-2007, 07:51 AM
Administrator

Sportbike: A couple of pasta rockets
Years Riding: Since 1989
How you found us: In the beginning there was CLSB and Tony saw that it was good.

Send a message via AIM to HDTony
PM ponch, he is the blue book. Plus like Mao, Ponch probably has cash for your weapon

HDTony.... Damn glad to meet you!

Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.

- Ronald Reagan

AirTek Heating & Air inc.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-20-2007, 08:13 AM
Registered lunatic

Sportbike: 1984 FXE, 1966 Triumph, 2000 FLHTC
Years Riding: Bought new 1984, Riding 44yrs
How you found us: ABATE of Illinois, Chicago

You are going to take a beating on the P89, i just sold one with 10 15rd mags for $250.00. The MAK 90's are going between $275.00 and $750.00 depending on condition and config. Go to www.gunbroker.com and do a search for both of them. just because you see a price there does not mean that the seller will get it. You can also buy the Blue Book of Gun Values for around $30.00 on the same site. Hope this helps, it what i do as a hobby.
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-20-2007, 12:38 PM
Weapons Tech Guru

Sportbike: Borrowed Ones
Years Riding: 11
How you found us: through SBN

Send a message via Yahoo to Ofc. Ponch
Unlike KBB, the Blue Book of Gun Values (available at finer book stores for $35) gives the exact value of the gun. Meaning if you were to trade these in you would recieve about 25%-35% LESS than the actual value. The only way to get 100% ofthe value wold be to broker a Face To Face sale where someone is willing to pay the asking price. As stated above, the Ruger is not worth selling and the MAK 90 isnt to far behind.

Since the BBOGV is condition dependant you and the buer will have to agree on what condition you figure your firearm is in. NIB meaning never fired and complete with EVERTHING it would have come with from the factory. 100% means the same as above but the firearm is fired with NO signs of use. Come o the table with a minor scratch or withpout all the acc and agun like that imediatly drops to 90% or less.

With what you've listed, keep them.

Arrogance has to be earned.
Serve, Protect and Break a ......
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-20-2007, 01:05 PM Thread Starter
Done got slower

Thanks for the replies. A little shocked that the P89 would be worth so little, and yes if that's about all I could expect I'll just keep it (it's a very nice firearm) or give it to a relative....heck I would have thought the 10 15 rounds clips would have been worth $150 or more by themselves (I have 2 10 round clips and 1 15 round clip).

For the MAK 90, I might still pursue selling it but would prefer to not have to hassle listing it on a site like 'gunbroker' but not interested in trading it in since I'm not interested in owning any additional firearms at this time.

Thanks again for the info!

- Frank
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-20-2007, 02:01 PM
Semper Fidellis

Sportbike: NADA
Years Riding: Since 1984
How you found us: Google

Send a message via Yahoo to Devil Dog
The link to the BBGV (Blue Book of Gun Values) is: https://store.bluebookinc.com/home/default.aspx

From the 14th Edition (a little old but still a good resource) The P89 is worth NIB - $452.00
100% - $375.00
98% - $325.00
95% - $295

They don't list any lower percentages due to it being stainless. Since this is an old model, my guess is that it might be worth a little less than what I have.

The MAK 90 Is probably worth around $300.00 - $400.00 Depending on fiinish and manufacturer

Craig

My VB Garage

"God loves Marines, because we kill everything we see." - R. Lee Ermey, Full Metal Jacket
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-20-2007, 02:35 PM
Weapons Tech Guru

Sportbike: Borrowed Ones
Years Riding: 11
How you found us: through SBN

Send a message via Yahoo to Ofc. Ponch
Correction, they don't list anything lower than 95% because it becomes almost worthless in any condition below it. being SS has no baring other than than a $25 dollar premium over the all blued model. You would take the % into consideration when evaluating over all worth and then add $25 to it. The guide should give you an exact dollar amount to add for SS variations. I don't have mine in front of me right now so I cant tell you the exact dollar amount.

I just called ny friend and he said a new P89 SS all day is only $400

P89 is still a current variant btw

At any rate, you could always put whatever price you ant on it and see what it does.

Arrogance has to be earned.
Serve, Protect and Break a ......
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-20-2007, 04:59 PM
Semper Fidellis

Sportbike: NADA
Years Riding: Since 1984
How you found us: Google

Send a message via Yahoo to Devil Dog
Sorry that was the point I was trying to make about it being stainless, I guess I didn't explain it very well. According to the edition I have these were the prices for stainless. It seperated the blued from the stainless.

Like I said this is the 14th edition which of course is NOT current(1992), but at least it gives you a ball park figure.

I didn't realize that it was a current model, so my bad.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BBGV 001.jpg (135.4 KB, 6 views)

Craig

My VB Garage

"God loves Marines, because we kill everything we see." - R. Lee Ermey, Full Metal Jacket
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-20-2012, 12:18 PM Thread Starter
Done got slower

Hi, I ended up keeping both (MAK-90 and P89), mainly b/c I didn't feel like dealing with the hassle of trying to sell them. My brother-in-law is interested in both, so was wondering if the values have perhaps changed, with all the madness going on right now in the industry, are prices pushing up or down? Since it's family I'd let both go for the low end of their worth, just no idea what that might be today...don't want to completely give them away. Both guns were new circa 1994.

Thanks

- Frank

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode