Armed student stops school shooting - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Weapons & Hunters Corner For all your firearms, safety, weapon choice, hunting topic questions.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-08-2008, 12:35 AM Thread Starter

Sportbike: 2003 Aprilia Mille R Colin Edwards / 01-02 Ninj ZX6r Tracktoy / 2003 SV650
Years Riding: 12
How you found us: some guy at the IBM credit union told me about it

Armed student stops school shooting

This should be the title... the first line "An armed student at Jerusalem's Mercaz Haray seminary played a crucial role in stopping a gun-wielding terrorist Thursday"

http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/s...t,306928.shtml

CCRKBA Says Press Purposely Downplays Key Role of Armed Student in Jerusalem
Posted : Fri, 07 Mar 2008 18:22:13 GMT
Author : Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Category : PressRelease
News Alerts by Email click here )
Create your own RSS

News | Home

BELLEVUE, Wash., March 7 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- An armed student at Jerusalem's Mercaz Haray seminary played a crucial role in stopping a gun-wielding terrorist Thursday, but the American press is downplaying his heroism because it proves that armed students can stop campus gunmen, the Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms said today.

Yitzhak Dadon, 40, was described as "a private citizen who had a gun license and was able to shoot the gunman with his pistol" by reporter Etgar Lefkovitz with the Jerusalem Post. However, many news agencies in the United States are downplaying Dadon's decisive role in the incident.

"Yitzhak Dadon is a hero," said CCRKBA Chairman Alan Gottlieb, "and he is living proof that armed students have a place on college campuses. Thankfully, his quick action was reported by the international press, including Mr. Lefkovitz, so unlike incidents here in the United States where the press was able to completely ignore the actions of armed students or teachers, the truth about this incident will not be suppressed.

"Mr. Dadon is not going to become a victim of this conspiracy of silence," Gottlieb continued. "Elitist American college administrators, the national press, nor anti-gun politicians can sweep this incident under their rug."

Internationally published reports say Dadon studies at the yeshiva, and had his pistol when the shooting erupted. When the gunman emerged from a library, Dadon reportedly shot him twice in the head. The gunman was subsequently shot by the off-duty soldier.

"Yitzhak Dadon's apparently well-placed bullets interrupted a rampage," Gottlieb said. "What a pity that someone like Mr. Dadon was not in class last April at Virginia Tech. What a tragedy that anti-gun extremism would keep him from attending class at Northern Illinois University. He would never be allowed to teach at Columbine High School, hold a job at Trolley Square in Salt Lake City, or go shopping at Omaha's Westroads Mall.

"America's acquiescence to anti-gun hysteria has led to one tragedy after another," Gottlieb stated. "This disastrous policy has given us nothing but broken hearts and body counts, and it's got to end. The heroism of an armed Israeli seminary student halfway across the world sends a message that we needn't submit to murder in victim disarmament zones. That's why his actions are getting such short shrift from America's press. It's a story they are loathe to report because it affirms a philosophy of self-reliance that they despise."

With more than 650,000 members and supporters nationwide, the Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms (http://www.ccrkba.org/) is one of the nation's premier gun rights organizations. As a non-profit organization, the Citizens Committee is dedicated to preserving firearms freedoms through active lobbying of elected officials and facilitating grass-roots organization of gun rights activists in local communities throughout the United States.

Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-08-2008, 07:32 AM
Its me

Sportbike: DRZ,VFR & Misc. Dirtbikes
Years Riding: 35 years
How you found us: Member/Jrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by gconsier View Post
When the gunman emerged from a library, Dadon reportedly shot him twice in the head.
nice !! I am sure these cowards (the niu & V tech shooters) would have a second thought if they new someone else in the class had a weapon.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-08-2008, 07:32 AM

I'm all for gun rights and everything, but arming hormonal and immature students would be moronic...
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-08-2008, 09:11 AM
Jewrassic Park Runaway

Sportbike: 2008 Yamaha FZ1 Sleeper
Years Riding: I quit smoking 6 years ago
How you found us: www.chicagorussianriders.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcaarider View Post
I'm all for gun rights and everything, but arming hormonal and immature students would be moronic...
no one is Israel wants to arm an immature student. It takes a nation of mandatory military duty, where every kid by age of 21 is a skilled weapon handler to be a nation of responsible gun carrying adults - it will never happen here in US.

The amount of guns on streets in Israel is enormous! Every person who served in the army and was honorably discharged and has no criminal or mental health history is eligible for OPEN CARRY license and about 30% of men carry day to day. Every soldier on leave has an assault rifle and 2 clips on him at all times.

Result - no street crime, and even more interesting no kids play with their father's guns or shoot themselves - they are not really interested in them - them know that in time they will have their own guns

No domestic violence using guns either - but I attribute that to Jews being pussy-whipped husbands...
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-08-2008, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by samal View Post
no one is Israel wants to arm an immature student. It takes a nation of mandatory military duty, where every kid by age of 21 is a skilled weapon handler to be a nation of responsible gun carrying adults - it will never happen here in US.

The amount of guns on streets in Israel is enormous! Every person who served in the army and was honorably discharged and has no criminal or mental health history is eligible for OPEN CARRY license and about 30% of men carry day to day. Every soldier on leave has an assault rifle and 2 clips on him at all times.

Result - no street crime, and even more interesting no kids play with their father's guns or shoot themselves - they are not really interested in them - them know that in time they will have their own guns

No domestic violence using guns either - but I attribute that to Jews being pussy-whipped husbands...
I'm aware of the mandatory military duty, but I did not know that being armed was so common. Good info
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-08-2008, 11:49 AM
Your friendly Crazy Canuk

Sportbike: Ducati ST3 2005 Gloss Black, Monster 620, 2007 Sport Classic 1000
Years Riding: Crashing sucessfully since 1969
How you found us: Thru favorednation (ron)

Send a message via AIM to RickC1957 Send a message via Yahoo to RickC1957
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wedge View Post
nice !! I am sure these cowards (the niu & V tech shooters) would have a second thought if they new someone else in the class had a weapon.
I'm not so sure about that....I think that with mental ill people they really don't think about the consequences, the shootings would have still happened, the carnage may have well been less, but thats a speculation also.

Sometimes goodbye is your second chance.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-08-2008, 12:01 PM
Only TWO cams now...

Sportbike: 1978 Suzuki GS750C
Years Riding: Long time
How you found us: Google.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by samal View Post
Wow -

And you might want to check your facts on open carry and the % that do.

"Fear only two: G-d, and him who fears not G-d."
-Judah Leib Lazerov

"Tov lamut be'ad artzaynu." (It is good to die for our country)
-Joseph Trumpeldor
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-08-2008, 12:30 PM
Jewrassic Park Runaway

Sportbike: 2008 Yamaha FZ1 Sleeper
Years Riding: I quit smoking 6 years ago
How you found us: www.chicagorussianriders.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Cammer View Post
Wow -

And you might want to check your facts on open carry and the % that do.
Unless rules changed since I left Israel, thats about right - may be 20% may be 30% but pistol handles were sticking out of every third or fourth guy's butt in 90's on streets of Netania, including mine.

But here is some recent research:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle3506205.ece

"When Times reporter Sheera Frenkel was browsing through purses in a Jerusalem store recently, she found herself looking curiously at one of the bum bags which adorn the waists of so many Israeli men. Opening it, she was surprised to discover it was lined with thick foam cut out to fit a handgun and clip. “Until then I had thought it was a very badly misjudged fashion statement, but in fact it turns out that they are ideal for carrying guns,” she said."

"Members of the army, including reservists, are allowed to carry their weapons with them when they are off duty, and it is also common upon leaving the military for Israeli men to take armed jobs in security, a huge industry in a conflict-ridden country. Even if they then quit the sector, many simply hold on to their guns in order to protect their families."

"While in the UK, a man strolling down a busy road with a handgun tucked into the back of his jeans would likely trigger mass hysteria, on the streets of Tel Aviv few would even flicker an eyebrow."

and why would kid want to play with guns at home - at kindergarden, they got this:

J/K ofcourse, but when my American nephew and niece visited me in Israel when I was in Army, I was concerned that when I would come home, they would be curious about my M-16 laying under my bed while I go out, so on the first day of their stay, I let them field strip it and clean it under my supervision - they did it for 3-4 times and then refused, since they lost any interest in it. for a month they lived with us - they never touched it again unless I bribed them to clean it for me

Last edited by samal; 03-08-2008 at 12:40 PM.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-08-2008, 06:12 PM
Only TWO cams now...

Sportbike: 1978 Suzuki GS750C
Years Riding: Long time
How you found us: Google.com

Actually, from what some of my friends have told me I thought your % was a bit low. But you would know much better than me.

"Fear only two: G-d, and him who fears not G-d."
-Judah Leib Lazerov

"Tov lamut be'ad artzaynu." (It is good to die for our country)
-Joseph Trumpeldor
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-08-2008, 06:34 PM
K.I.S.S

Sportbike: CBR600RR & H-D Softail Custom
Years Riding: almost as long as it took to fill this out
How you found us: through a miracle

Send a message via AIM to MikeD
i have to say although i applaude his courage and the fact of being armed, in america i would be saddened to hear that it is ok to carry a gun in schools. IMHO children are to immature to handle the responsability of toting around a pistol of some sort. emotions run to rampant at that age and kids are to unstable for this responsability. heck most adults cant handle the task of being responsabile. but me personaly am all for bearing arms 24/7 as an adult.

now war torn countries who see violance done on a daily basis kids grow up much faster and i find them to be more responsibile.

Willard: When I was home after my first tour, it was worse. I'd wake up and there'd be nothing. I hardly said a word to my wife, until I said "yes" to a divorce. When I was here, I wanted to be there; when I was there, all I could think of was getting back into the jungle.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-09-2008, 02:03 PM

Growing up we had guns laying all over the house. We new how to use them clean them, care for them and respect them. all it takes is a good parent to take away the curiosity and put the movie miths to bed.

I for one am all about concealed cary since were I live most people are armed all the time dispite what our laws say. hell Our local high school has a trap and rifle teams. There also is an armory in the school for the kids to bring there shot guns and rifles. You don't see shootings in our schools. Makes people a bit more honest I think.
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-09-2008, 02:14 PM
Its me

Sportbike: DRZ,VFR & Misc. Dirtbikes
Years Riding: 35 years
How you found us: Member/Jrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by captaincapsize View Post
Growing up we had guns laying all over the house. We new how to use them clean them, care for them and respect them. all it takes is a good parent to take away the curiosity and put the movie miths to bed.
right on !!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode