Cook County Gun Ban Info, Please Call - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Weapons & Hunters Corner For all your firearms, safety, weapon choice, hunting topic questions.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 03-18-2008, 03:09 PM Thread Starter
Registered lunatic

Sportbike: 1984 FXE, 1966 Triumph, 2000 FLHTC
Years Riding: Bought new 1984, Riding 44yrs
How you found us: ABATE of Illinois, Chicago

Cook County Gun Ban Info, Please Call

Illinois Gun Owners we need your help!!!

The proposed Cook County Gun Ban sponsored by Commissioner Larry Suffredin must be defeated! Suffredin is a freedom hating scum bag and must again be silenced! I spoke with Commissioner Peter Silvestri (R) this morning. Silvestri informed me that the proposed ban could be defeated and Suffredin silenced. Silvestri needs our help and encourages everyone to call his Democratic Board constituents and voice your displeasure with this proposal. He assured me that the Republicans are all against the ban but they are a minority and will need the Dems help. Commissioner Joan Murphy's (D) office told me this morning that she will vote against. We can turn the tide so please call all the Board Members and make your voice heard! You do not have to be resident of Cook County. Remember, the Democratic swing vote is the key. Call the following members and tell them "NO! TO THE SUFFREDIN GUN BAN":

*Forest Claypool (D)/ 773-832-4642
*Mike Quigley (D)/ 773-935-1010
*Roberto Maldonado (D)/ 312-603-6386
*Joseph Moreno (D)/ 773-927-7154
*Joan Murphy (D)/ 708-389-2125
John Daley (D)/ 312-603-4400 (strong gun ban supporter)
*Gregg Goslin (R)/ 847-729-9300
*Timothy Schneider (I)/ 847-640-1632
Anthony Peraica (R) 708-345-5808
Deborah Sims (D) 312-603-6381 (strong gun ban supporter)
William Beavers (D) 773-731-1515 (strong gun ban supporter)
*Jerry Butler (D) 312-603-6391
*Robert Steele (D) 773-722-0140
Larry Suffredin (D) 847-864-1209 (ring leader and chief goof!)
Earlene Collins (D) 312-603-4566 (strong gun ban supporter)
Peter Sivestri (R) 773-774-8554

The ones marked with * are the main ones to call. We need their swing vote in order to defeat this unconstitutional attack on our 2nd Amendment rights. I encourage you to call all of them and express your displeasure with this proposal. Flood Suffredin's office with calls as well, but be polite and don't use foul language or make threats. This will get you in trouble and makes us look bad.

Lastly if you have not made your voice heard on the Cook Co. Feedback Line, please do so!
(See below for directions on how to do so.)

Please take the time to call-in TODAY and make your voice heard that you oppose these onerous attacks on our Second Amendment freedoms. You do not have to be a resident of Cook County to vote. To vote in the telephone poll, please call 1-312-603-6400 and select Option #1 when prompted. At the next prompt, select Option #1, again. When prompted to vote on the gun control ordinance, press #2. Finally, please forward this alert to your friends, family, and fellow gun owners and urge them to do the same!!!

Do not trade the empty promise of security for the loss of personal freedoms. The 2nd Amendment secures all the amendments. It is our guarantee of freedom from oppression and secures our Constitutional Rights as Free Americans.

FEAR A GOVERNMENT THAT FEARS YOUR GUNS!!!
STAND UP FOR FREEDOM!!!

-Jeffrey King
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode