Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

WTB shotgun

1K views 35 replies 13 participants last post by  2weelpilot 
#1 ·
wondering if anyone is trying to sell a shotgun. not looking for anything fancy just something that works. i'm 25 and have my FOID so it will be completely legal. pm with pics and prices. thx in advance.

#4 ·
mostly just something for home defense and shooting at a range. dont know very much about shotguns or guns in general so i'm not really sure what i want. nothing more than a couple hundred bucks for sure. would rather buy from someone directly than pay markup on something used from a gun shop.

#28 ·
+100. The aftermarket for these are so large that when the bug bites you can "accessorize". ;)

#9 ·
def looking for used. thats why i asked if any members had anything for sale. :lmao:

can either of those be used for hunting as well if i ever want to try that out?? i've always wanted to hunt but never had anyone to go with.

#11 ·
Another +1 on the Mossberg 500 series or Remington 870s. I have a Mossy 590 myself. Both are rock solid scatterguns, have gobs and gobs of aftermarket parts and accessories, and can be purchased new and stock for only a few hundred $$$.

#13 ·
The Rem 870 and Mossy 500 are both cheap enough that it's not worth being cheap and buying used if at all possible.

If you can't swing $350, you probably shouldn't be shooting. If you can't swing $350, you probably can't afford a safety class or proper training with the piece and will arguably become more of a threat to yourself and family with the firearm than without.

#26 ·
350 doesn't seem bad. i just know that every pistol i like is upwards of 500 so i figured the shotty would be the same brand new. i guess i'll look around at some of the shops out here by me. they have safety classes for guns??? do i really need one?? :lmao: j/k

#20 ·
I prefer a Magnum for bedside protection... :flip

#18 ·
better yet, skip the gun, learn some ninja skills.

nothing screams i kicked your ass and killed you silently in the night while you tried to kill or hurt me or my family as sticking a trocar in there carotid artery and you hold there mouth shut from behind.

OR

shove it in and up the nasal passage to his brain and scramble and watch the fucker walk in circles for a few minutes as he stumbles and walks into the wall like a retard.

OR

oh wait wrong forum:lmao:

#19 ·
I picked up Mossberg 535 Deer Field Combo for $279, Remington is a little prettier, but also costs at least $100 more. The combo makes it very versatile, if you go the cheaper way with one barrel, then you need to decide if you want the short or long barrel.

Greg

#31 ·
Mossberg and Remington are both excellent shotguns for the money, one cool feature about the mossberg is you dont have to take you finger off the trigger to unlock the slide, which IMO makes it a little easier for home defense, but you cant do that with the remington.

#33 ·
what model Stoeger? I had a Condor Deluxe that I liked a lot and shot really well - if it had ejectors instead of extractors I would still have it as my field and brush gun.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.