Autoloading Shotguns - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes
 
Weapons & Hunters Corner For all your firearms, safety, weapon choice, hunting topic questions.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 39 (permalink) Old 11-11-2008, 07:28 PM Thread Starter
Chief Apex Inspector
 
BLARNEY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Bartlett
Posts: 10,598
Location: Bartlett
Sportbike: The Bird is the *word* - XX
Years Riding: Lots
How you found us: Stuck on the bottom of my race boot.......
           
Autoloading Shotguns

What have you owned that you like and why ?


For home defense.

Tom

T2
It's ALL between the ears.....
NESBA Midwest CR #82 ( Hey - T2! ) Retired ?
FJR and a Big Red Wing-Thing
BLARNEY's GARAGE
BLARNEY is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 39 (permalink) Old 11-11-2008, 07:35 PM
Registered User
 
2weelpilot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Spring Grove, IL
Posts: 18,082
Location: Spring Grove, IL
Sportbike: yz250f
Years Riding: 25 years
How you found us: dont recall
           
get a pumper
Moss 500

bad guys love the sound

Mike

When the tailgate drops..the bullshit stops
Hunt ethically - Hunt with a trained Retriever !
2weelpilot is offline  
post #3 of 39 (permalink) Old 11-11-2008, 07:36 PM Thread Starter
Chief Apex Inspector
 
BLARNEY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Bartlett
Posts: 10,598
Location: Bartlett
Sportbike: The Bird is the *word* - XX
Years Riding: Lots
How you found us: Stuck on the bottom of my race boot.......
           
Had one....


Considering a Beretta A391 Xtrema 2 or a Benelli M2.


Tom

T2
It's ALL between the ears.....
NESBA Midwest CR #82 ( Hey - T2! ) Retired ?
FJR and a Big Red Wing-Thing
BLARNEY's GARAGE
BLARNEY is offline  
post #4 of 39 (permalink) Old 11-11-2008, 07:38 PM
Registered User
 
2weelpilot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Spring Grove, IL
Posts: 18,082
Location: Spring Grove, IL
Sportbike: yz250f
Years Riding: 25 years
How you found us: dont recall
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLARNEY View Post
Had one....


Considering a Beretta A391 Xtrema 2 or a Benelli M2.


Tom
for home defense?? only ?
make sure you get the shadow grass camo

Mike

When the tailgate drops..the bullshit stops
Hunt ethically - Hunt with a trained Retriever !
2weelpilot is offline  
post #5 of 39 (permalink) Old 11-11-2008, 08:19 PM
Go big or go home!!
 
JPKII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Joliet, IL
Posts: 1,021
Location: Joliet, IL
Sportbike: 2012 Ducati Panigale S, 2014 Triumph Scrambler
Years Riding: 147 Years, 4 months, 22 days
How you found us: looking for free porn on the internet
         
Mossberg 930 SPX.

In all honesty this is the only shotgun I've ever owned but I fanatical about doing research on stuff before I buy it. I was originally going to buy a pump (Mossberg or Rem 870) but then I started looking at the things I wanted: extended magazine, ghost ring sights, 18" barrel, etc and for the price of the 930 SPX I was just a tick higher after adding those parts on the Rem 870. The only things I added on the 930 were the Chaote pistol grip stock and sling. When I took it to the range it was a blast. With a little practice I bet I could put all 8 rounds down range before the first case hit the ground. Lots of destruction in a short time frame.

Things I don't like about it is it seems to prefer a pretty strong round, nothing light. I would like to try low recoil tac loads some day. The other thing is kick. With those hotter loads it kicks like an SOB.

If money wasn't a concern I would have gotten the Benelli M4.
JPKII is offline  
post #6 of 39 (permalink) Old 11-11-2008, 10:04 PM
Registered User
 
Super Dave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: WI
Posts: 875
Location: WI
Sportbike: XB12R, H1, TTR125
Years Riding: I still have some money left...
How you found us: old member
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPKII View Post
Mossberg 930 SPX
That's pretty slick. I'm looking for something like that too. What's a good price on something like that?

"Super" Dave Rosno

Team Visionsports Racing
Super Dave's Race Against Childhood Cancer
Super Dave is offline  
post #7 of 39 (permalink) Old 11-12-2008, 06:46 AM
Your friendly Crazy Canuk
 
RickC1957's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Barrington, Illinois
Posts: 12,731
Location: Barrington, Illinois
Sportbike: Ducati ST3 2005 Gloss Black, Monster 620, 2007 Sport Classic 1000
Years Riding: Crashing sucessfully since 1969
How you found us: Thru favorednation (ron)
           
Send a message via AIM to RickC1957 Send a message via Yahoo to RickC1957
Tom....I'm with Mike, auto loader for home defense NFG I would stick to a pumper, except my choice, the 870

Sometimes goodbye is your second chance.
RickC1957 is offline  
post #8 of 39 (permalink) Old 11-12-2008, 07:44 AM
Failed rehab
 
Rob, Esq.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Indy
Posts: 14,908
Location: Indy
Sportbike: Striple
Years Riding: Dunno, awhile?
How you found us: DML
           
Send a message via AIM to Rob, Esq. Send a message via MSN to Rob, Esq.
Benelii M4 Super 90. Good enough for the Marines! Passed all the torture tests for reliability, will feed pretty much anything, plenty of tacticool options for lights and such. This shotgun replaced the Mossberg 590 and Remington 870. The Corps determined that this was just as reliable as either of the pump-actions it replaced.
http://www.benelliusa.com/firearms/m4.tpl

They were just phasing the Benelli in as I was getting out. My unit dealt with shotguns pretty extensively, mostly the M590. The 590 or 870 will be dead nuts reliable for a pump action and CHEAP. If all you need it for is home defense and won't use it for anything else, that might be the ticket, since its about 1K less than the Benelli. With a little practice, you can cycle that thing just as fast as any autoloader. The military models had an 8rd tube, and most of us could dump 8 slugs into a man size target at 10yds in under 3 seconds.

Attorney-at-Law: Doing my part to contribute to the downfall of western society.
Rob, Esq. is offline  
post #9 of 39 (permalink) Old 11-12-2008, 07:46 AM
I'm a non-achiever.
 
shaugdog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Naperville
Posts: 2,929
Location: Naperville
Sportbike: KTM 450sx/Sumo, XR50R w/training wheels
Years Riding: street 06; track 09
How you found us: the cops
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2weelpilot View Post
get a pumper
Moss 500

bad guys love the sound
make sure you get the breacher barrel and pistol grip!
shaugdog is offline  
post #10 of 39 (permalink) Old 11-12-2008, 08:14 AM
Registered User
 
Meulen's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Romeoville
Posts: 19,186
Location: Romeoville
Sportbike: looking to get dirty!
Years Riding: long time
How you found us: SBN
           
I have a Benellis Super Sport. Love it!!!! but wouldn't be the first thing I grab for home defense. I'd grab my pump for that

Brian (F.K.A. Crazy)

Gamertag: CRAZY403


“You can’t escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today.”

-Abraham Lincoln


“Blessed are the young, for they shall inherit the national debt.”

-Herbert Hoover
Meulen is offline  
post #11 of 39 (permalink) Old 11-12-2008, 08:43 AM Thread Starter
Chief Apex Inspector
 
BLARNEY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Bartlett
Posts: 10,598
Location: Bartlett
Sportbike: The Bird is the *word* - XX
Years Riding: Lots
How you found us: Stuck on the bottom of my race boot.......
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
Benelii M4 Super 90. Good enough for the Marines! Passed all the torture tests for reliability, will feed pretty much anything, plenty of tacticool options for lights and such. This shotgun replaced the Mossberg 590 and Remington 870. The Corps determined that this was just as reliable as either of the pump-actions it replaced.
http://www.benelliusa.com/firearms/m4.tpl

They were just phasing the Benelli in as I was getting out. My unit dealt with shotguns pretty extensively, mostly the M590. The 590 or 870 will be dead nuts reliable for a pump action and CHEAP. If all you need it for is home defense and won't use it for anything else, that might be the ticket, since its about 1K less than the Benelli. With a little practice, you can cycle that thing just as fast as any autoloader. The military models had an 8rd tube, and most of us could dump 8 slugs into a man size target at 10yds in under 3 seconds.


Now that's nice....

T2
It's ALL between the ears.....
NESBA Midwest CR #82 ( Hey - T2! ) Retired ?
FJR and a Big Red Wing-Thing
BLARNEY's GARAGE
BLARNEY is offline  
post #12 of 39 (permalink) Old 11-12-2008, 08:46 AM
Bek
Your Cigar Aficionado
 
Bek's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Bolingbrook, IL
Posts: 7,144
Location: Bolingbrook, IL
Sportbike: 2007 Yamaha FZ6 & 2000 Kawasaki Vulcan 800 Classic
Years Riding: Long enough to know not long enough...
How you found us: Google-fu
           
Send a message via Yahoo to Bek
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
Benelii M4 Super 90. Good enough for the Marines! Passed all the torture tests for reliability, will feed pretty much anything, plenty of tacticool options for lights and such. This shotgun replaced the Mossberg 590 and Remington 870. The Corps determined that this was just as reliable as either of the pump-actions it replaced.
http://www.benelliusa.com/firearms/m4.tpl

They were just phasing the Benelli in as I was getting out. My unit dealt with shotguns pretty extensively, mostly the M590. The 590 or 870 will be dead nuts reliable for a pump action and CHEAP. If all you need it for is home defense and won't use it for anything else, that might be the ticket, since its about 1K less than the Benelli. With a little practice, you can cycle that thing just as fast as any autoloader. The military models had an 8rd tube, and most of us could dump 8 slugs into a man size target at 10yds in under 3 seconds.
+1000 on the M4, M590, or the R870. I own the 590 myself and it's been a rock solid scattergun for years and thousands of rounds.
Bek is offline  
post #13 of 39 (permalink) Old 11-12-2008, 08:47 AM
Administrator
 
HDTony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Plainfield IL
Posts: 45,956
Location: Plainfield IL
Sportbike: A couple of pasta rockets
Years Riding: Since 1989
How you found us: In the beginning there was CLSB and Tony saw that it was good.
           
Send a message via AIM to HDTony
Autoloader for home defense?? Grab an old remington 1100, pistol grip, cut the barrel down and be done with it.

Personally I like the pump as jus the noise from the action is enough to scare anyone but the most prepared criminals away possibly saving me a lot of paperwork. but if they decide to stay that can be dealt with too.




HDTony.... Damn glad to meet you!

Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.

- Ronald Reagan

AirTek Heating & Air inc.
HDTony is offline  
post #14 of 39 (permalink) Old 11-12-2008, 08:51 AM
Registered User
 
Kruz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: West of 59, North of 88
Posts: 18,885
Location: West of 59, North of 88
Sportbike: 05 CRF50
Years Riding: "Since 1992"
How you found us: You found me
           
Ive have a couple year old variant of the Beretta semiauto synthetic. Not sure it is called A391 exactly, but something along those lines. Its in 20g and my "hunting gun" so I dont have much more than 50 rounds through it. .

Besides it being overlubed out of the box, it's a well balanced and light straight shooter. I would also not grab an autoloader for home defense.

I also had a cheap Sega 12 mag(6+1) fed autoloader that was pretty wicked. It had an AK derived receiver and a full choke 18" barrel. Sold it to a friend that would likely sell it. That used to be my home defense weapon.
Kruz is offline  
post #15 of 39 (permalink) Old 11-12-2008, 09:09 AM
Failed rehab
 
Rob, Esq.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Indy
Posts: 14,908
Location: Indy
Sportbike: Striple
Years Riding: Dunno, awhile?
How you found us: DML
           
Send a message via AIM to Rob, Esq. Send a message via MSN to Rob, Esq.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDTony View Post
Autoloader for home defense?? Grab an old remington 1100, pistol grip, cut the barrel down and be done with it.

Personally I like the pump as jus the noise from the action is enough to scare anyone but the most prepared criminals away possibly saving me a lot of paperwork. but if they decide to stay that can be dealt with too.
Oh dear. Besides being illegal, sawing off is not such a good idea. The last thing I want is 9 .32 cal projectiles being sprayed over an indiscriminintly wide area in my home. that would go x1000 if I had a young child in the house.

Attorney-at-Law: Doing my part to contribute to the downfall of western society.
Rob, Esq. is offline  
post #16 of 39 (permalink) Old 11-12-2008, 12:24 PM
Go big or go home!!
 
JPKII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Joliet, IL
Posts: 1,021
Location: Joliet, IL
Sportbike: 2012 Ducati Panigale S, 2014 Triumph Scrambler
Years Riding: 147 Years, 4 months, 22 days
How you found us: looking for free porn on the internet
         
I paid something like $630 OTD at Megasports for my 930 SPX. There are different variations on the 930. The SPX has the ghost ring sights and extended magazine.

The Chaote stock was $74 plus shipping.

http://www.riflestock.com/catalog_pa...t=0&recordno=1
JPKII is offline  
post #17 of 39 (permalink) Old 11-12-2008, 12:38 PM
1 piece at a time
 
hexraptor's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Woodstock, IL
Posts: 6,316
Location: Woodstock, IL
Sportbike: Ninja ZX-6'DinoSaki'
Years Riding: Since I joined!
How you found us: teh intarwebz
           
Send a message via AIM to hexraptor Send a message via MSN to hexraptor Send a message via Yahoo to hexraptor
speaking of shotguns...do they sell bean-bag rounds for 'em? autoloader with beans, and pump with the real thing..that way you can deliver pain...or well, death lol.

And how hard would it be (if possible) to make/install some sort of hidden pressure pad under a bike, so if it is moved during the middle of the night sets off an alarm to wake you/scare the robbers away?

- Steve
hexraptor is offline  
post #18 of 39 (permalink) Old 11-12-2008, 01:48 PM
black magic
 
bio-nuke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: westmont
Posts: 1,432
Location: westmont
Sportbike: gxr600k8
Years Riding: 4yrs
How you found us: newenough.com
           
my uncle has his browning from WWII and that thing is fun to play with just hold down the trigger and pow pow pow pow pow pow pow pow pow heheeehehee them doves didn't have a chance

i want to drink, but only to kill a certain few brain cells and i don't care how many i have to take out to get to them.
bio-nuke is offline  
post #19 of 39 (permalink) Old 11-12-2008, 02:01 PM
Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
 
SmartDrug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Bartlett
Posts: 11,410
Location: Bartlett
Sportbike: 955i Speed Triple, 100AE Road King, AP1 Honda S2000
Years Riding: 1/3rd of my life.
How you found us: Cave Johnson
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaugdog View Post
make sure you get the breacher barrel and pistol grip!
No breech on it yet but +1 to everything else:





Mossy 500/590/Rem 870 FTW.

Brian
NESBA #22
الكافرة مع بندقية سوداء
Si vis pacem parabellum

Quote:
Yeah, I quit doing blow, not being rad!
SmartDrug is offline  
post #20 of 39 (permalink) Old 11-12-2008, 02:06 PM
Go big or go home!!
 
JPKII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Joliet, IL
Posts: 1,021
Location: Joliet, IL
Sportbike: 2012 Ducati Panigale S, 2014 Triumph Scrambler
Years Riding: 147 Years, 4 months, 22 days
How you found us: looking for free porn on the internet
         
Quote:
Originally Posted by hexraptor View Post
speaking of shotguns...do they sell bean-bag rounds for 'em? autoloader with beans, and pump with the real thing..that way you can deliver pain...or well, death lol.
http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/AMM831-0.html

My favorite quote: "Direct fires a 40 gram bean bag projectile for behavior modification at close range"
JPKII is offline  
post #21 of 39 (permalink) Old 11-12-2008, 02:14 PM
Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
 
SmartDrug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Bartlett
Posts: 11,410
Location: Bartlett
Sportbike: 955i Speed Triple, 100AE Road King, AP1 Honda S2000
Years Riding: 1/3rd of my life.
How you found us: Cave Johnson
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPKII View Post
http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/AMM831-0.html

My favorite quote: "Direct fires a 40 gram bean bag projectile for behavior modification at close range"
What kind of damage will these cause at a 10-25 feet range? Broken ribs? Lacerations? Any experience with them?

Brian
NESBA #22
الكافرة مع بندقية سوداء
Si vis pacem parabellum

Quote:
Yeah, I quit doing blow, not being rad!
SmartDrug is offline  
post #22 of 39 (permalink) Old 11-12-2008, 02:18 PM
YO MAMA
 
Odysseys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: balls deep in someones mom
Posts: 60,261
Location: balls deep in someones mom
Sportbike: 2010 Electra Glide Police Edition 103cu
Years Riding: a long time!
           
are you VERY proficient with room clearing, cover, concealment,lighting, how to use a light in a dark environment while clearing, most of all low read position and entering so you dont enter with your barrel.if a struggle what is your back up weapon.

"this is all based from you saying you want to use it for only home protection"

a lot of factor involved when your swinging a shot gun in the house.



Odysseys is offline  
post #23 of 39 (permalink) Old 11-12-2008, 02:19 PM
YO MAMA
 
Odysseys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: balls deep in someones mom
Posts: 60,261
Location: balls deep in someones mom
Sportbike: 2010 Electra Glide Police Edition 103cu
Years Riding: a long time!
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPKII View Post
http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/AMM831-0.html

My favorite quote: "Direct fires a 40 gram bean bag projectile for behavior modification at close range"
nothing like wounding a home envasion criminal, in which you need to detain for the police. which is the least of problems considering if he has a lethal weapon.

ITS LETHAL!



Odysseys is offline  
post #24 of 39 (permalink) Old 11-12-2008, 02:24 PM
Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
 
SmartDrug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Bartlett
Posts: 11,410
Location: Bartlett
Sportbike: 955i Speed Triple, 100AE Road King, AP1 Honda S2000
Years Riding: 1/3rd of my life.
How you found us: Cave Johnson
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odysseys View Post
nothing like wounding a home envasion criminal, in which you need to detain for the police. which is the least of problems considering if he has a lethal weapon.

ITS LETHAL!
Steve was just asking if they sold those to the public. No one suggested usage against a threat. If you have to use a gun, you aim to kill.

Brian
NESBA #22
الكافرة مع بندقية سوداء
Si vis pacem parabellum

Quote:
Yeah, I quit doing blow, not being rad!
SmartDrug is offline  
post #25 of 39 (permalink) Old 11-12-2008, 03:13 PM
Go big or go home!!
 
JPKII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Joliet, IL
Posts: 1,021
Location: Joliet, IL
Sportbike: 2012 Ducati Panigale S, 2014 Triumph Scrambler
Years Riding: 147 Years, 4 months, 22 days
How you found us: looking for free porn on the internet
         
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odysseys View Post
nothing like wounding a home envasion criminal, in which you need to detain for the police. which is the least of problems considering if he has a lethal weapon.

ITS LETHAL!
That's why, personally, I would not have a magazine full of bean bags. First two rounds are bean bags next 6 would be 00. Also giving fair warning to the invader that the next round is going to draw blood.

Someone more educated about law could probably speak better about this but my thinking is afterwards in court if you did have to go thru the bean bags and use the 00 and either wound or kill the invader that you would have some defense in that you attempted to use non-lethal force before you felt you needed to take more decisive action. In IL I know we don't have any castle laws so you'd be f'd either way but at least you could mount a reasonable defense and couldn't be painted as some gun toting idiot that was just aching to put holes in someone. Yes? No?

And when I am using a weapon for home defense its more of an offensive position. I don't plan on clearing rooms in my house. I am getting my family in the corner of a room and if you want me you'll have to come thru a doorway (choke point) to get me. We stay there until the cops show up.

Last edited by JPKII; 11-12-2008 at 03:19 PM.
JPKII is offline  
post #26 of 39 (permalink) Old 11-12-2008, 03:33 PM Thread Starter
Chief Apex Inspector
 
BLARNEY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Bartlett
Posts: 10,598
Location: Bartlett
Sportbike: The Bird is the *word* - XX
Years Riding: Lots
How you found us: Stuck on the bottom of my race boot.......
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odysseys View Post
are you VERY proficient with room clearing, cover, concealment,lighting, how to use a light in a dark environment while clearing, most of all low read position and entering so you dont enter with your barrel.if a struggle what is your back up weapon.

"this is all based from you saying you want to use it for only home protection"

a lot of factor involved when your swinging a shot gun in the house.


I look at it more as a specialized tool.

A pistol is far more flexible and easy to conceal where useful.

Tom

T2
It's ALL between the ears.....
NESBA Midwest CR #82 ( Hey - T2! ) Retired ?
FJR and a Big Red Wing-Thing
BLARNEY's GARAGE
BLARNEY is offline  
post #27 of 39 (permalink) Old 11-12-2008, 03:49 PM
YO MAMA
 
Odysseys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: balls deep in someones mom
Posts: 60,261
Location: balls deep in someones mom
Sportbike: 2010 Electra Glide Police Edition 103cu
Years Riding: a long time!
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPKII View Post
That's why, personally, I would not have a magazine full of bean bags. First two rounds are bean bags next 6 would be 00. Also giving fair warning to the invader that the next round is going to draw blood.

Someone more educated about law could probably speak better about this but my thinking is afterwards in court if you did have to go thru the bean bags and use the 00 and either wound or kill the invader that you would have some defense in that you attempted to use non-lethal force before you felt you needed to take more decisive action. In IL I know we don't have any castle laws so you'd be f'd either way but at least you could mount a reasonable defense and couldn't be painted as some gun toting idiot that was just aching to put holes in someone. Yes? No?

And when I am using a weapon for home defense its more of an offensive position. I don't plan on clearing rooms in my house. I am getting my family in the corner of a room and if you want me you'll have to come thru a doorway (choke point) to get me. We stay there until the cops show up.
according to what you just said, you would have 1 hell of a time defending yourself as you knew you set up your shot gun to kill. which means alot "i am not a lawyer" but i know about some cases like this. he was charged guilty.

go buy a box of shot gun rounds labeled for defense or home defense, someone came at you with deadly force "means a lot of things" your fired...he died. end of story "almost but it makes it easier in a defense case"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLARNEY View Post
I look at it more as a specialized tool.

A pistol is far more flexible and easy to conceal where useful.

Tom
its not specialized its a wide projectile thrower.

specialized is if its rifled, slugs only, more accurate for a certain task that needs to get done.

a normal shot gun that shoots load or slug is nothing more then a shotgun. "wide projectile throwing what ever is loaded"



Odysseys is offline  
post #28 of 39 (permalink) Old 11-14-2008, 08:58 AM Thread Starter
Chief Apex Inspector
 
BLARNEY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Bartlett
Posts: 10,598
Location: Bartlett
Sportbike: The Bird is the *word* - XX
Years Riding: Lots
How you found us: Stuck on the bottom of my race boot.......
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odysseys View Post
its not specialized its a wide projectile thrower.

specialized is if its rifled, slugs only, more accurate for a certain task that needs to get done.

a normal shot gun that shoots load or slug is nothing more then a shotgun. "wide projectile throwing what ever is loaded"


Not what I mean Ken.....


Using a shotgun in close Quarters to "clear a room" or explore the house
if it's in an unknown security situation would not be using the right tool
for the job...... a Pistol is a far more usable tool here.


For certain foreseeable home defense situations, a shotgun would be
a better tool for the job.


That is all.


Tom

T2
It's ALL between the ears.....
NESBA Midwest CR #82 ( Hey - T2! ) Retired ?
FJR and a Big Red Wing-Thing
BLARNEY's GARAGE
BLARNEY is offline  
post #29 of 39 (permalink) Old 11-14-2008, 09:25 AM
YO MAMA
 
Odysseys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: balls deep in someones mom
Posts: 60,261
Location: balls deep in someones mom
Sportbike: 2010 Electra Glide Police Edition 103cu
Years Riding: a long time!
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLARNEY View Post
Not what I mean Ken.....


Using a shotgun in close Quarters to "clear a room" or explore the house
if it's in an unknown security situation would not be using the right tool
for the job...... a Pistol is a far more usable tool here.


For certain foreseeable home defense situations, a shotgun would be
a better tool for the job.


That is all.


Tom

offensive: with proper equipment and training 1 can clear a house with a set of night vision and a pen.

defense: hunkered in a corner of a room dialing 911 with a shotgun pointed to the entry door is just fine.



Odysseys is offline  
post #30 of 39 (permalink) Old 11-14-2008, 09:34 AM
Administrator
 
HDTony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Plainfield IL
Posts: 45,956
Location: Plainfield IL
Sportbike: A couple of pasta rockets
Years Riding: Since 1989
How you found us: In the beginning there was CLSB and Tony saw that it was good.
           
Send a message via AIM to HDTony
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odysseys View Post
offensive: with proper equipment and training 1 can clear a house with a set of night vision and a pen.

defense: hunkered in a corner of a room dialing 911 with a shotgun pointed to the entry door is just fine.
Can I get a tactical grip on my Assault Pen?




HDTony.... Damn glad to meet you!

Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.

- Ronald Reagan

AirTek Heating & Air inc.
HDTony is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome