FOID Questions? - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Weapons & Hunters Corner For all your firearms, safety, weapon choice, hunting topic questions.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-13-2009, 03:02 PM Thread Starter
^^^Bad for your hearing

Sportbike: 2007 gsxr 600
Years Riding: Long enough to know theres alot more i have to learn in this sport
How you found us: heard from a member

Send a message via AIM to streetracin1820
FOID Questions?

Was curious of anyone would be able to answer this for me. near the end of summer i lost my Foid card looked around and couldnt find it. So to make sure nothing happend i called the state and reported it lost and they cancled the card and marked as it as lost for me. Well come to find a short while later, my foid card turns up.

So now im wondering is there any way to get the card reactivated since i have found it. or do i need to go through the process of reapplying for a new card.

Thanks
John

Everyone needs a healthy way to relax, mine Church, and two wheels, a stretch of winding road, and a pipe loud enough to give me headaches and make squirrels explode. (Fixed curtousey of PWRMAD)

Nothing is impossible the second we say ill try your already admiting you can be defeated, and the second you say i cant or its to hard youve already failed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-13-2009, 03:46 PM
Bek
Your Cigar Aficionado

Sportbike: 2007 Yamaha FZ6 & 2000 Kawasaki Vulcan 800 Classic
Years Riding: Long enough to know not long enough...
How you found us: Google-fu

Send a message via Yahoo to Bek
Quote:
Originally Posted by streetracin1820 View Post
Was curious of anyone would be able to answer this for me. near the end of summer i lost my Foid card looked around and couldnt find it. So to make sure nothing happend i called the state and reported it lost and they cancled the card and marked as it as lost for me. Well come to find a short while later, my foid card turns up.

So now im wondering is there any way to get the card reactivated since i have found it. or do i need to go through the process of reapplying for a new card.

Thanks
John
Nope, you must reapply.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-13-2009, 07:48 PM

Sportbike: Ducati 1098S
Years Riding: 3
How you found us: NESBA member

Make SURE they update your records properly!! It is entirely possible to have an FOID card come up BOTH REVOKED AND VALID.

Long story, but here's the short version. I had a BS order of protection put on me by my ex-wife back in 2000 when we were fighting over custody of our kids because - get this - she didn't like it that I had guns in the house when the kids came over on the weekends for visitation, she said "it scared her". That (combined with sufficient tears and manipulation) was enough for the clerk to issue an OP. The OP was vacated 3 days after it was issued.

A restraining order was put in place by the judge when it was vacated, stating I couldn't have ammunition and firearms in the house when the kids are present. I could have one, or the other, but not both. I was also expressly prohibited from taking my children to the shooting range. (Both of which I feel clearly violated my second amendment rights, BUT I was in a custody fight and didn't want to push it).

The kicker is that when she filed the OP the clerk *immediately* sends OP's to the state police to effect a revocation of the FOID card. This a several month revocation of my FOID card because it took a court action and re-application to get reinstated, which combined took around 4 months.

About a year after it was reinstated, I got pulled over for a burned out tail light. The police ran my license, and asked for my FOID card since he could see a rifle case in the back seat. When he ran my FOID card the status showed both revoked and valid, which confused the officer. My AK took a ride in the trunk of his squad car.

That required yet another court trip.

I hate going to court.

Several years after this all went down, I successfully negotiated a release of the restraining order prohibiting my son from going to the shooting range so I could get him enrolled in a hunter's safety course, and teach him to shoot. The cost? She gets the kids an extra 2 weeks in the summer (so now it's 6 weeks, which means I pretty much lose my kids all summer vacation).

The things we do for our kids, man..

NESBA Advaned #501

GSX-R1000 (Track)
Ducati 1098S (Track)
Kawasaki ZX-14 (Street)
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-13-2009, 07:54 PM

Sportbike: drz400sm
Years Riding: yes
How you found us: search engine

ummm, say you have a felony in the backround, any chance? maybe

inquiring for a felon friend of mine. give him a break, your not perfect. wtf

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-13-2009, 08:22 PM
Guns prevent pollution

Sportbike: 1996 YZF-600, 2006 Huffy
Years Riding: May '08 - Oct '12
How you found us: smartrider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dug2 View Post

Convicted means no FOID card to my understanding but it's been a while since I applied and read the rules.

- Will

"Knowledge is Power. Power Corrupts. Study Hard. Be Evil."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Our life is a non-stop ride to our death.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-13-2009, 09:25 PM Thread Starter
^^^Bad for your hearing

Sportbike: 2007 gsxr 600
Years Riding: Long enough to know theres alot more i have to learn in this sport
How you found us: heard from a member

Send a message via AIM to streetracin1820
Seeing as i cancled the card as lost my self, im not to worried in a mix up of revoked. To make sure thought that nothing gets mixed up with the state records, ill call or stop in to state PD and get everything handled properly. Thanks yall

Everyone needs a healthy way to relax, mine Church, and two wheels, a stretch of winding road, and a pipe loud enough to give me headaches and make squirrels explode. (Fixed curtousey of PWRMAD)

Nothing is impossible the second we say ill try your already admiting you can be defeated, and the second you say i cant or its to hard youve already failed.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-14-2009, 03:12 AM
C2M
ǝɹoɯʎuɐ ʞɔnɟ ɐ sǝʌıƃ oɥʍ

Sportbike: 636/ zzr600/ r6
Years Riding: Since 07
How you found us: bathroom stall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trent1098S View Post
Make SURE they update your records properly!! It is entirely possible to have an FOID card come up BOTH REVOKED AND VALID.

Long story, but here's the short version. I had a BS order of protection put on me by my ex-wife back in 2000 when we were fighting over custody of our kids because - get this - she didn't like it that I had guns in the house when the kids came over on the weekends for visitation, she said "it scared her". That (combined with sufficient tears and manipulation) was enough for the clerk to issue an OP. The OP was vacated 3 days after it was issued.

A restraining order was put in place by the judge when it was vacated, stating I couldn't have ammunition and firearms in the house when the kids are present. I could have one, or the other, but not both. I was also expressly prohibited from taking my children to the shooting range. (Both of which I feel clearly violated my second amendment rights, BUT I was in a custody fight and didn't want to push it).

The kicker is that when she filed the OP the clerk *immediately* sends OP's to the state police to effect a revocation of the FOID card. This a several month revocation of my FOID card because it took a court action and re-application to get reinstated, which combined took around 4 months.

About a year after it was reinstated, I got pulled over for a burned out tail light. The police ran my license, and asked for my FOID card since he could see a rifle case in the back seat. When he ran my FOID card the status showed both revoked and valid, which confused the officer. My AK took a ride in the trunk of his squad car.

That required yet another court trip.

I hate going to court.

Several years after this all went down, I successfully negotiated a release of the restraining order prohibiting my son from going to the shooting range so I could get him enrolled in a hunter's safety course, and teach him to shoot. The cost? She gets the kids an extra 2 weeks in the summer (so now it's 6 weeks, which means I pretty much lose my kids all summer vacation).

The things we do for our kids, man..

Ok I have to ask now. the judge put the orders in the description but was the Brady in fact enacted on the OP? It would say Brady y or N.

Its catch 22 with the state any ways since the minute you have a OP against you even with a N marked in the Brady Part you still lose your FOID card according the ISP

I had a similar situation with a ex and went through 6 months on enduring the court process for a email she claimed I sent her. After all was said and done the attorney was able to get documentation that she in fact had a aol account and created a sub name and sending her self a email. THANK god I had comcast then and was able to prove it and he went to get lengths to discover her Bull shit

go time traveler style and go back in time, fuck his grandma, then shoot forward in time and then fuck his mom. Then return back to present state and call him a the product of two incest whores and hes your son and show video of you plowing the both members of his family. .
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-14-2009, 05:17 AM

Sportbike: drz400sm
Years Riding: yes
How you found us: search engine

thats what i told him, he still wanted me to ask. thanks spoil9

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-14-2009, 09:32 AM
The Halo hides my Horns

Sportbike: SV650
Years Riding: 1 year
How you found us: Google

Mental Note, never get married and have kids....

aut cum scuto aut in scuto

http://www.firespeedtactical.com

My ZenFolio Gallery: www.LonelyRaven.ZenFolio.com
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-14-2009, 10:54 AM

Sportbike: Ducati 1098S
Years Riding: 3
How you found us: NESBA member

Quote:
Originally Posted by C2M View Post
Ok I have to ask now. the judge put the orders in the description but was the Brady in fact enacted on the OP? It would say Brady y or N.

Its catch 22 with the state any ways since the minute you have a OP against you even with a N marked in the Brady Part you still lose your FOID card according the ISP
No idea. I don't know what happened to the original papers I was served with, it's been a decade..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dug2 View Post

You *can* get an FOID card if you've been convicted of a felony, but ONLY if you receive a pardon from the Governor. I imagine the way to receive a pardon is to write a letter each year to the governor, they periodically review and pardon cases; especially when they're headed out of office. I would NOT put in the letter "I want a pardon so I can buy guns". Rather, I'd put something like "I paid my dues, and I'm contributing to society, I'm a good boy/girl, and would like my right to vote reinstated."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonely Raven View Post
Mental Note, never get married and have kids....
No shit Sherlock.

Problem was I had kids BEFORE I was married. Not that it made much of a difference, I guess. Actually made it harder to get custody, in many ways.

I fought for over 5 years for custody before winning it. Meanwhile, my ex moved 26 times through 4 different states, towing my kids from one boyfriend's house to the next, each time forcing the kids to call a new stranger "dad". My son went through 6 different kindergarden schools and "dad's" before our wonderful court system FINALLY saw the light...

It's a fucked up world man.

NESBA Advaned #501

GSX-R1000 (Track)
Ducati 1098S (Track)
Kawasaki ZX-14 (Street)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode