706 views 20 replies 11 participants last post by  dano5150 
#1 ·
Who's going?

I'm entered in:
friday- GTL
sat- LWGP, 125GP
sun- 125GP

#3 ·
NOT me. After paying $500 to race four 4 laps and freeze my ass off the entire weekend and beat the livign piss out of my rev limiter, I'm skipping this round. I doubt Dave (LBK) will be going either. I did, however, have my first and only pole position the year prior to that. That whole thing about it being LCR's mock race is just a minor detail :laughing

Of course, now that I'm not going, it will be 75 degrees and no clouds the entire weekend. That weekend is always a crap shoot. To get close to reasonable costs, you have to pre enter. If the weather is good, I might do a track day up there this year.

#9 ·
I don't like to freeze so I'm out. Plus I think that we are riding NESBA more this year, just so that I can learn.

#10 ·
Good lord Wink :eek You're gonna be one sore sonofabitch :laughing

I'll be doing the LCR class on the 21st, but wont be officially racing. Just can't afford it right now. I've got to let my track fund account build back up.

#11 ·
All packed and ready for Grattan. What a week, 7 days of riding tracks out of nine! Yee Haw!!

Good luck in the LCR school. Track me down so we can meet in person. #946 GSXR1000 (Yellow/Red), GSXR600 (Yellow) and F4i (Silver/Black)

Have fun out there.

#12 ·
Wink said:
I'll be there for NESBA the 19th and 20th.

Then, I'll be there for CCS the 21st, 22nd, 23rd.

Running in:
HWSS
UNLSS
HWSBK
UNSBK
UNLGP
GTO
F40​

Gonna be a ton of fun!
You running two bikes? Neat! :1pimp
You can't run all those classes with one bike, but HW classes are good for the newer 600s (3/4 of the field is them anyways).

And yes, you will probably be sore, but since it's a 3 hour drive from home, might as well make it worth it.

#13 ·
7 out of 9?? Sweet jesus, I'm doing 5 days out of 9 and I thought I was hard core... Planning out my lineup for races too.. my first is at BHF early May and my lineup looks like:

LWTSS
LWTSB
LWTGP
Thunderbike
GT Lights
Possibly Supertwins, but not sure if I really wanna be running with RC51's and 999s...

#14 ·
JonGu said:
Possibly Supertwins, but not sure if I really wanna be running with RC51's and 999s...
Supertwins is a fun race since every time you get passed it sounds cool.

You don't stand a snowball chance in hell of being competitive with an SV though at that track, and it's usually ran with the Unlimited class, which can get REAL hairy at Blackhawk. I might not run that class next year, even I finished top 5 overall, and I missed about 4 races.

If you are chasing total championship points, it's not worth it. It doesn't pay 'real' points, just points for ST class.

#16 ·
Grover said:
You running two bikes? Neat! :1pimp
You can't run all those classes with one bike, but HW classes are good for the newer 600s (3/4 of the field is them anyways).

And yes, you will probably be sore, but since it's a 3 hour drive from home, might as well make it worth it.
Running a GSXR600 and a GSXR1000. But you can run a 600 in all the classes. You'd just get crushed at RoadAmerica. But I suppose a 600 could do fairly well in all classes at BHF.

As I learn about this, it seems the logical thing is to move up, move down or both. Thinking a 750 for the HW classes instead of my 6, and thinking about the other end, perhaps going to an SV650.

We'll see if I survive the weekend and then figure it out from there. But one thing is for sure, it should be better than being in the office.

#17 ·
I'll be up there.
MWSS
MWSB
GTU
MWGP
ULGP
ASRA
Superbike

Team Challenge GTU

It should be a fun weekend.

I'll see you guys up there. If you have time stop by my pits

#21 ·
Wink said:
Dano,

What does your trailer look like?

Brian
It's a black 24 foot enclosed.
I'll be getting up there late thursday.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.