Tri-Rock Lake Geneva Tri - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Health & Fitness Talk to fellow members about getting in shape, to diets, to supplements and what does and doesn't work.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-15-2013, 04:23 AM Thread Starter

Sportbike: A weed wacker
Years Riding: Just started today as a matter of fact..
How you found us: A dream I had once

Send a message via MSN to JRSMAIL
Tri-Rock Lake Geneva Tri

Recap from Tri-Rock Olympic distance.
First off, I had a SUPER GREAT RACE and was a TON of fun. I went into the race a bit dehydrated and knew it. Just too much going on in personal life to get proper nutritional training in and on track.

Like a few others I know this was my first crack at Olympic distance Tri, which is .93 mile swim (my longest swim to date), 24.8 mile bike (my strong point) and a 6.2 mile run (now my weakest link or the three events). There were 532 to participants with a 169 females and 363 males
I know was going to be in trouble when I got a cramp in the leg part way though my swim, but I had an AWESOME swim by my standards and was out of the water in 33:34 and according to my Garmin 910xt I swam 1.09 miles. Lake Geneva was a beautiful lake to swim in as was very clear and awesome, almost felt like sightseeing the bottom of the lake floor. It felt so effortless and I owe to my swim coach and friend Sue Donley.

Onto the bike my strong portion of the three events. I got and took my 3 Hammer endurolytes almost right away as wanted to stop the cramps for the bike portion and hope would stay away for the run but no such luck. In the end, I drank both my Cytomax filled water bottles and finished 57th overall with avg speed of 21.5 mph on the bike and I was not on a Tri bike either. I owe my trainer Chris Lombardo props for the bike endurance and The Bike Haven for the bike and maintenance.

The run, oh the run, let’s just say that I need work on the run and know it. I was happy with my run, even after watering a tree 3 miles in, LOL. Running a 10:01 minute mile pace over the 6.2 miles will not win the foot race and was almost dead last overall, but I really don’t care. Do I want to improve my run game, YES I do and it will come in time.

Overall, I had a SUPER GREAT RACE time and an awesome event, but could have done without the cramping in the legs, but it is what it is...

Official Results http://www.cadencesports.com/eResult...ate%20Distance

Swim data http://connect.garmin.com/activity/375718562
Bike data http://connect.garmin.com/activity/375718332
Run Data http://connect.garmin.com/activity/375718578

Jon
MSF Instructor

<---- Useless

Always Stand For What You Believe In... Even If Means You Stand Alone...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-15-2013, 09:50 AM
Resident Slow guy

Sportbike: 250x_Dirtbike Triumph_Tripled_955i 90_H-D_Bagger CR80_Mini_Motard
Years Riding: Street_LOOOOOOONG_Time Track Backmarker
How you found us: Google

Send a message via AIM to Ohfugit
Congrats Jon.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode