Must get in shape!! - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Health & Fitness Talk to fellow members about getting in shape, to diets, to supplements and what does and doesn't work.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 40 (permalink) Old 10-24-2004, 08:20 PM Thread Starter

Sportbike: 2000 Hayabusa Blue & Silver! Mods-> Oh yeah!
Years Riding: Oh just a couple or so....
How you found us: Old SBN days.......

Must get in shape!!

Well today was my LAST smoke and tomorrow starts a routine of exercise....
Any recommendations on starting easy to exercise and definitly recommendations on quiting the smoking would be nice.

BTW this is a MUST by doctors orders! So any advice would be nice

Oh yeah.....How long till the nicotene deprevation eases?

<--Kelly

2000 Hayabusa
2006 Honda CRF50
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 40 (permalink) Old 10-24-2004, 08:23 PM
YO MAMA

Sportbike: 2010 Electra Glide Police Edition 103cu
Years Riding: a long time!

good for you bro!

post #3 of 40 (permalink) Old 10-24-2004, 08:32 PM

Sportbike: 2006 FZ1
Years Riding: I only take walks
How you found us: Friend

Send a message via Yahoo to Cougar8000
Oh boy. Good luck to you. I whent through it four years ago. I used the patch. Depending how much you smoked will have to decide which patch to use. Don't give up. It is like motorcycling mostly mental. The habit is the worst part. Because you are used to lighting it up. Have to keep your self busy.

One thing for sure. After you all clear you wont be able to stand the smoke AT ALL. It drives me crazy now. When I travel I can't even stay in the smoking room.

Alex - Certifiable MSF Instructor
2006 Yamaca FZ1
The truly happy person enjoys the scenery on a detour

A man should choose a friend who is better than himself. There are plenty of acquaintances in the world; but very few real friends.

RIDE for Kids Donations

https://www.mishacycles.com
MishaCycles on facebook
Misha Tactical Arms, Inc
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 40 (permalink) Old 10-24-2004, 08:56 PM
Ride Red, DO WORK SON!!

Sportbike: Rockets & Harleys
Years Riding: Me love you long time
How you found us: CLSB DECAL

Congrats Labdog

Labdog, I am starting a new routine as well, need to drop some weight as well. Not a smoker cant help there. What are you doing for your new routine. Always been a big guy, but my eating habits suck, not junk , but just too much at wrong times.

I dont do breakfast, and go allday without eating but when I do lunch or wait till later to eat, ITS ON!!! I could put back 75-100 Winds no prob.

Started, just water all day that is hard enough hated water, just lots of Sweet Florida Ice Tea!!! Then I eat some kind of bran cereal in the AM, then granola bars at work all day with water, water , water (an 4 RIP FUELS A DAY), Then I do some seat time on an exercise bike at work. Eat just soup for lunch fro local Chinese rest. everyday, then at home just Chickem or Fish & Salad.

Looking for things to do, after i prove to myself that I will stay on this BS routine I made up myself, so far good though, so before I spend money on program, gym etc. I want to get this one down and see where it takes me. I am feeling better though. All the soup and bran and green is damn sure cleaning me out (if ya know what I mean).. wheww cant wait to hear what you are doing, and others suggestions.

***Ashwin RIP Brotha you will be missed***

www.dcdecals.net www.firespeed.com

Life's Journey Is Not To Arrive At The Grave Safely In A Well Preserved Body, But Rather To Skid In Sideways, Totally Worn Out, Shouting "HOLY SHIT... What A Ride!"

All you have to do is follow three simple rules. One, never under estimate your opponent (mentality). Expect the unexpected (could work out in your favor). Two, take it outside(or to a table). Never start anything inside the Bar unless it's absolutely necessary. And three, be nice.

Turning Shit into Sugar!!
post #5 of 40 (permalink) Old 10-24-2004, 10:15 PM
Mike

Sportbike: Older one
Years Riding: Many
How you found us: browsing

Good Luck
For the car rides without a smoke, I keep a bag of sunflower seeds with me. Helps keep me busy and my mind off them when I get a craving.
post #6 of 40 (permalink) Old 10-24-2004, 10:15 PM
Administrator

Sportbike: A couple of pasta rockets
Years Riding: Since 1989
How you found us: In the beginning there was CLSB and Tony saw that it was good.

Send a message via AIM to HDTony
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labdog
Well today was my LAST smoke and tomorrow starts a routine of exercise....
Any recommendations on starting easy to exercise and definitly recommendations on quiting the smoking would be nice.

BTW this is a MUST by doctors orders! So any advice would be nice

Oh yeah.....How long till the nicotene deprevation eases?

The smoking will be the hard part. dont try and do everything all at once, quiting smoking is tramatic enough with out throwing a diet and an excersize plan in. Tae yur last Cigertte, smoke it and say to your self out loud, this is the last cigarette I will ever smoke. crush it out when your done. and empty the ashtray. then prceed to clean your truck, and anywhere else you smoke so you dont smell it on yourself, throw your jackets etc inthe wash also.

From here on out its all mental. your gonna be a complete asshole for about 3 days, warn the family. carry a bottle of water with you, drink water to keep your hands busy, this way you wont be snacking and gainng weight since the water will make you feel full, plus as a bonus it will help you flush your system and get over the withdrawls quicker.

The most important thingis dont for one second think to yourself that you cant do it. If i can do it you can, and if you catch yourself thinking about it, change that thought to Tony is gonna kick the living fuck out of me if I screw up on this.

But in all seriousness, the next few days will be a living hell, avoid friends that smike, change your routine at work, even if you need to call in sick, go somewhere different for lunch, walk there if you have to so your not in your truck. treat it like a battle, never give up, never surrender seargent.

and if ya need moral support you know how toget ahold of me.

oh ya and for gods sake no beer or alcohol for at least a week. thats a sure way to fall off.

HDTony.... Damn glad to meet you!

Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.

- Ronald Reagan

AirTek Heating & Air inc.
post #7 of 40 (permalink) Old 10-24-2004, 10:20 PM
BSB > WSBK > MotoGP

Sportbike: '02 GSXR 600 / '98 CBRF3
Years Riding: Since '03
How you found us: Google

Start small is my best advice. Don't try to change everything overnight, you'll hate it and give up.

Start with simple things like drinking water instead of pop, always taking the stairs instead of elevators, little things like that. Walk to ATM instead of taking the car if possible.

Eat some fruit for breakfast, then added some other food over time. Once you start working out hard (lifting weights is good) you're metabolism will speed up and you'll be starving in the morning.

Set lots of short-term goals so you'll stay on track.

Listen to music (get an MP3 player) while at the gym.

Try to have fun too.

Jeff
NESBA #311
'02 GSXR600
'98
Smokin' Joe's F3
post #8 of 40 (permalink) Old 10-24-2004, 10:24 PM
Pathological Thrill Seekr

Sportbike: Trek Marlin
Years Riding: Noob
How you found us: Followed the fast guys

Send a message via AIM to Deuces
Good luck Lab! The real bad cravings take about a week... but every so often you'll get a craving. Just try and stay busy and get a routine down.

Ride smart... stupid hurts.

Everyone crashes. Some get back on. Some don't. Some can't...

Godspeed 788!!! We miss you!
post #9 of 40 (permalink) Old 10-24-2004, 10:25 PM

One more thing.. work out with a friend if possible. It makes a big difference keeping you motivated.

post #10 of 40 (permalink) Old 10-24-2004, 10:34 PM
pfft.

Sportbike: 01 F4i (Well, I HAD one, anyway)
Years Riding: 7
How you found us: I google myself regularly

Good luck. I know different things work for different people, but if it helps any, I'll tell you how I did it:

Cold freaking turkey. Gobble gobble. Just did it. I had a person around who was bothered by the smoking, so it helped to be "watched" all the time. Maybe try getting yourself "smoking stalker" lol.

It was hard because I had quit for a while already. Then when I lost a bunch of weight and was looking great, I picked up smoking again at the bars... So for the the weight/smoking correlation was kinda messed up. I just found that, ilke everyone else said, it's mental. I would have to play games with myself-- and I still do. If I get hungry, I drink water instead, and then wait an hour. Or, if I am in the mood to order everything on the menu, I do-- but I make a deal with myself to drin kthree glasses of water befpore my food arrives. Then I just take home the leftovers.... stuff like that.

When I was working, I was too tired at the end of the day to go to the gym. In school, I have too much else to do....there's always an excuse. So for me, I trick myself my using tv time. If I am going to watch (really sit there and do nothing but watch) more than 30 minutes of tv, then I make myself exercise while I am watching. Crunches, leg lifts-- anything. Even if it's half-assed, it's better than nothing. Having the dog as an excuse to go walk is also good.

Like everyone said, it's all mental. I know you can do it, because you're mental, too!!
post #11 of 40 (permalink) Old 10-24-2004, 11:52 PM
Old Squid on a Blade

Sportbike: 2000 929
Years Riding: Longer than most of you have been alive. And I'm still slow.
How you found us: The voices in my head told me to come here

Just think about how good everything will taste in a couple of weeks and how clear the air will smell!

There is nothing firm, nothing balanced, nothing durable in all the universe. Nothing remains in its original state, each day, each hour, each moment, there is change. Change is the essence of life. Embrace change as you do life. To fight change is to live in the past.
post #12 of 40 (permalink) Old 10-25-2004, 06:07 AM

Sportbike: Not really
Years Riding: many
How you found us: surfing the web

Check out www.quitnet.com and www.whyquit.com read all you can about the addiction, the more you understand about it the better.
It's also good advice to quit smoking first and then worry about the diet. Quitting smoking is pretty consuming.

Steve

Steve
post #13 of 40 (permalink) Old 10-25-2004, 06:44 AM
Your friendly Crazy Canuk

Sportbike: Ducati ST3 2005 Gloss Black, Monster 620, 2007 Sport Classic 1000
Years Riding: Crashing sucessfully since 1969
How you found us: Thru favorednation (ron)

Send a message via AIM to RickC1957 Send a message via Yahoo to RickC1957
Kelly before I met you I was smoking 3 packs a day, this Thanksgiving, will mark my 6th tobacco free year. I didn't do the patch or any of the other methods, I quit, 5 minutes at a time. Let me explain, I bought a cheap watch with a countdown alarm, then I set it to go off after 5 minutes, everytime I felt the urge to have a smoke, I would set the alarm and tell myself, I have the strenght to go 5 minutes without a smoke. Let me tell you right now the first couple of weeks, Mary will want to shoot you, cause that sucker will drive her insane! Break your routines, I had to stop having coffee in the morning, cause of course, I wanted a smoke, here is an excellent way to get the excerise routine going, when you get up, before you have that first cup of jo (I know, I know it's un American) get dressed, grab the dog(s), and go for a 20 minute brisk walk. If you want to drop the weight, quickly, drink plenty of water, NO ALCOHOL, snack on veggies, carrots and celery, you can buy them already cut up and washed, eat nothing after 6 PM. Cut down on your red meat intake, eat a large salad drink, drink two large glasses of water before the main course. All your exercising should be aerobic exercises until you hit your target weight, then start strength training. Eat small meals, have your largest meal, at breakfast. I usually do two eggs and a small steak, no bread! Lunch is a large salad, and some protein usually chicken, grilled (Wendy's pretty good salads, under 4 bucks) supper another large salad, and soup. Remember lots of water. And before everyone rains on my parade for my f__ked up lose weight/get in shape program, remember this is HOW I DID IT, and it worked for me. Benefits of losing weight, getting in shape and quitting smoking are 1) I won't have to attend a funeral of a friend who died of a massive heart attack because he was overweight and smoke too much 2) you'll gain perceived HP, because its a power to weight ratio thingy 3) you'll have more energy 3) Mary will think your HOT 4) Women in general will think your Hot(ter). 5)You won't look like a polish sausage in your leathers

Sometimes goodbye is your second chance.
post #14 of 40 (permalink) Old 10-25-2004, 07:46 AM Thread Starter

Thanks everyone and i already got hit with a crave and a half! Sure did not feel like a couple minutes either! Tempted SO TEMPTED but i KNOW i am in it for the long haul! I HAVE TO!

<--Kelly

2000 Hayabusa
2006 Honda CRF50
post #15 of 40 (permalink) Old 10-25-2004, 09:48 AM
Jim
Tgf Og

Sportbike: trek
Years Riding: 2
How you found us: the smell

If you make it pass the 3 week mark you should be good to go. if you really want to get in shape and realize what smoking has done to your lung capacity, get in a lap pool!!!!! not only is this easier on the joints, but it is good excerise for your lungs as well. you can do it. I quit smoking 4 years ago, the third week is the hardest, just keep yourself busy until the taste goes away and you should be good. oh also stop going to the places you bought your cigs from, i know its strange but if your like most, it was a routine and probably bought them from the same few places all the time, dont go there no more.trust me on this one!!!

Join the NRA, help protect our Second Amendment rights
GO Bears!!!!!!!!
post #16 of 40 (permalink) Old 10-25-2004, 09:57 AM

Sportbike: looking to get dirty!
Years Riding: long time
How you found us: SBN

Hey Kelly,

I know I'm kindof far from you but if you're interested I have a healthclub as part of my homeowners association. Before Anne got sick I was lifting weights there 3 times a week and would run between 2-4 miles afterwards. I also run on off days. I can take a guest free of charge and they have tread mills I use if it's raining. I need to get back in the groove now that Anne is doing better so if you need a partner for motivation your more than welcome to come out with me.

Brian (F.K.A. Crazy)

Gamertag: CRAZY403

“You can’t escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today.”

-Abraham Lincoln

“Blessed are the young, for they shall inherit the national debt.”

-Herbert Hoover
post #17 of 40 (permalink) Old 10-25-2004, 10:08 AM
Special Agent Lance Boyle

Sportbike: 2010 KX250F
Years Riding: 26
How you found us: Sportbike Network

Send a message via AIM to Sticky
Quote:
oh also stop going to the places you bought your cigs from
That's good advice, pay at the pump!

I'm an occasional smoker now, I don't feel that it has a hold on me the way it used to. For the first couple weeks everytime you feel like a smoke take in a really deep breath. It seems weird but you really start thinking about your lung health. Also, stop talking about it if you talk about it you're conscience of it, you need to work it out of your consciousness and routine.

<--------Sticky Nicky
post #18 of 40 (permalink) Old 10-25-2004, 01:43 PM
Giddy Up

Sportbike: 2002 ZX7R
Years Riding: 8 Years
How you found us: google

Congratulations and good luck on giving up the smoking!!!

As far as the exercise, it's all very personal but I think it's wise to sit down and map out what you want to do. Don't just go out one day and start exercising (though you could do worse things ) but map out what physical activities you like to do and focus on those things. However, whatever you decide, do it consistently thruout the week (2-3/week). Do some walking around the neighborhood, hit the batting cage, take stairs instead of elevators, park further away in parking lots...all of these things add up. If you are serious about getting in shape then focus on the things that will get you there...here are some of my general themes:

(1) How consistently you lift is better than how much you can lift!
(2) Diet does not mean lose weight! The types of foods, and when you eat them, are dependent on what you are trying to accomplish. Some simple things to start off with are to watch the basics (eat breads using "whole wheat flour" not enriched, etc. - starting cutting down on the whole milk...get to skim milk if you can, smaller meals more often is important. You get the idea).
(3) The workd "Exercise" is misleading....focus on all aspects of Health and Fitness (as this forum indicates). Issues such as sleep deprivation, stretching, rest days, and mental health (not insanity) all play a factor into your overall health.
(4) Do this for yourself....what we do, what the doctors say cannot be your motivating factor. If you don't want to do this then it won't happen. This is about you and for you period!

Also, make sure to tell your family so they can support you and watch out for you when it's "exercise" time (or make it a family adventure). You WILL need their support

I'm sure you might know some of this (or all) but if you want more on this or specifics, just let me know. I'm more than happy to share I'd definitely be interested to see what routine you come up with too

Hans

***Hans***
post #19 of 40 (permalink) Old 10-25-2004, 01:58 PM
yo quiero su taco

Sportbike: Honda CBR 954 blk/slvr
Years Riding: 10 years
How you found us: They found me. Follow the white rabbit.

Find an 18 year old mistress I can guarantee you'll be in the best shape of your life. lol

"includes 10 used-car dealers or auto repair shops, 11 liquor stores and bars--two of which advertise lingerie fashion shows and a third billed as a "gentlemen's club"--three cut-rate motels and one trailer park. The squat, brick municipal building is next to a currency exchange and a few steps from an adult video store. The bars open at 10 a.m. and close at 6:30 a.m."

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
Something must be fishy...I am going to go poke around in the back end..
post #20 of 40 (permalink) Old 10-25-2004, 01:59 PM

Sportbike: looking to get dirty!
Years Riding: long time
How you found us: SBN

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteSeatEnvy
Find an 18 year old mistress I can guarantee you'll be in the best shape of your life. lol

sheesh.....can we have one serious post around here without you guys turning it into something about sex???? don't we have an open forum for you guys to screw around in??

Brian (F.K.A. Crazy)

Gamertag: CRAZY403

“You can’t escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today.”

-Abraham Lincoln

“Blessed are the young, for they shall inherit the national debt.”

-Herbert Hoover
post #21 of 40 (permalink) Old 10-25-2004, 02:05 PM
yo quiero su taco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labdog
So any advice would be nice

I don't see why my post is upsetting you, Brian. Also, I was just talking to Kelly about smoking at Strat's this past Wednesday, so I am pretty sure he would appreciate the post. Also, I am only human, we are here to reproduce, sex is on our minds every minute. Sorry if my post bothered you. I figured with 2 pages of good advice, one joke wouldn't hurt.

"includes 10 used-car dealers or auto repair shops, 11 liquor stores and bars--two of which advertise lingerie fashion shows and a third billed as a "gentlemen's club"--three cut-rate motels and one trailer park. The squat, brick municipal building is next to a currency exchange and a few steps from an adult video store. The bars open at 10 a.m. and close at 6:30 a.m."

Quote:

Last edited by whiteSeatEnvy; 10-25-2004 at 02:17 PM.
post #22 of 40 (permalink) Old 10-25-2004, 02:07 PM

i would recommend a couple things. first of all it isnt going to be that bad. you have had worse things to accomplish in your life.

the main thing to realize is that the nicotine withdrawls are what will make you edgy and irritable. clean out your system as fast as possible to get remnants of nicotine out of your body. I drank A LOT of Cranberry Juice when I quit. Cranberry is remarkable in cleaning out your system. Drink a lot of water as well.

The other main piece of advice that i dont believe has been mentioned yet is to keep yourself busy but make sure you have something in your hands all the time. the majority of smoking is a nervousness of doing something with your hands that you get VERY used to. I picked up a blue racketball and kept that with me all the time. I could squeeze it when agitated or if I felt like i need to do something with my hands. It also bounces easily so I could walk and have something to think about as opposed to the cigarette you would usually have at that time. I would also recommend a stress ball for the similar activity.

GOOD LUCK AND STAY STRONG> You WILL be happier when you accomplish this.
post #23 of 40 (permalink) Old 10-25-2004, 02:41 PM
AKA... blueberryboytoy

Sportbike: Track: 2004 Zakota Pocketbike killer!
Years Riding: here and dare...
How you found us: browsin' for porn

move real close to a krispy cream and 7-11!!!!
good luck bro, the cravings stopped for me about 8-10
days after i quit. the hardest part is with beer. damn is that
hard!! good luck!

"Smooth roads do not make skillful riders"
-----------------------------------------
Keith
post #24 of 40 (permalink) Old 10-25-2004, 02:50 PM
yo quiero su taco

I smoked two packs a day for about a year. Then it was a pack a day for three more years. I found the hardest time to resist the urge was when I went out drinking. Sure enough, I would make it two or three days without a smoke, only to flush it down the toilet during a night of drinking. Quitting smoking is hard. What I did was I started smoking half of the cigarette and then throwing it out. I finally got it down to around two or three drags before I would kick it out. Eventually, I didn't need it anymore. I still lit up the same amount of cigarettes, just smoking less of the cigarette before kicking it out. Thing is, you have been smoking for a helluva a longer time than most of us. So, looks like you'll have to do it your own way. Good luck, bro.

Quote:

Last edited by whiteSeatEnvy; 10-25-2004 at 02:53 PM.
post #25 of 40 (permalink) Old 10-25-2004, 03:36 PM
" It Time To Ride "

Sportbike: Suzuki GSX-R750
Years Riding: 20+
How you found us: Long search for motorcycle clubs online

Send a message via MSN to Justmax
I got quit myself I have one pack today going on cold turkey deal. I'm also start today using my wife treadmill. I was on it for hour at walk fast pace. I don't eat lot red meat or don't eat big meals not MC D's person at all. My problem is fucking cookies man "daaaaaaaaam it" those chocolate chip cookies and cold glass milk taste dam good. All the Code red dew I drink. Well good luck. I trying lose 4 inche by spring 2005. The gut must go!!!

US MARINE CORP
"Semper Fi''

post #26 of 40 (permalink) Old 10-25-2004, 03:40 PM
" It Time To Ride "

Sportbike: Suzuki GSX-R750
Years Riding: 20+
How you found us: Long search for motorcycle clubs online

Send a message via MSN to Justmax
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justmax
I got quit myself I have one pack today going on cold turkey deal. I'm also start today using my wife treadmill. I was on it for hour at walk fast pace. I don't eat lot red meat or don't eat big meals not MC D's person at all. My problem is fucking cookies man "daaaaaaaaam it" those chocolate chip cookies and cold glass milk taste dam good. All the Code red dew I drink. Well good luck. I trying lose 4 inche by spring 2005. The gut must go!!!
Also my wife was weight watcher lose 130 lbs. So I going follow her plan as well. Kept off for a 2 years and I'm very proud of her.

US MARINE CORP
"Semper Fi''

post #27 of 40 (permalink) Old 10-26-2004, 08:06 AM Thread Starter

Yo Justmax -- Give her a high 5 from me! Thats awesome!!

Well as an update---->

Its been just over 36 hours and man its hard. Ive been a pack or more a day since 1988 and WOW quitting is an ass kicker. Last Smoke was Sun night at 7:30 pm before the Kids went to bed and i promised them Daddy would stop. That night i was fine. Monday morning on the way to work friggin KILLED ME!!! when i got to work (6am) i was better. Then My routine was to have a couple with coffee walking around outside (at 8am.) Holy Shit was that the toughest time for me!!! I was dying for only 5 minutes but felt like hours!! I had to walk around and try and forget it but i could not get that out of my head. I was jittery and actually trying to talk myself into having only 1 smoke. I can make a pack work for me. Just one in the am, pm, and evening! I WAS ACTUALLY REASONING WITH MYSELF ON HOW A COUPLE SMOKES WOULD'NT HURT!!! unreal! I decided against it and went to walgreens to pick up some sunflower seeds and hard candy. Got me through till lunch. Another monster craving!!! got through it okay! Ride home......Ugh!! Mt. Dew and many sunflowerseeds! Made it! As soon as i parked i jumped out and cut the grass. Whew that was close because thats when i sneak a few in before the wife & kids get home. Well when they came home we played, played, and played! Dinner time!! After dinner i typically go down to the garage for my evening treat! Well---we started watching fear factor. I could feel myself with the urge. i started getting hot and jittery and Haley threw her stuffed animal across the room just playing and i immediately got ready to yell! It was no big deal but i got pissed! I told Mary i would be back in a minute so i jumped on line to get away from them. that helped a little but i could feel my chest tightening with the need of a smoke! It eventually subsided and we gave the kids a bath and off to sleep. Woke up feeling pretty good today. Made it to D&D for coffee and to work in pretty good shape. Of course i fought off a huge crave 20 minutes ago and the next one should be here in 15! All in all not too bad. I can feel the urge weaking i hope! Could be just wishful thinking as well.

According to the doctors and experts the nicotene should be out of me at 7:30 pm tonight and at 7:30 pm tomorrow i should be PHYSICALLY over the smokes. Next comes the mental phase.

<--Kelly

2000 Hayabusa
2006 Honda CRF50
post #28 of 40 (permalink) Old 10-26-2004, 08:52 AM

Awesome Kelly!! Sounds like you got a good start fighting off the urges. Keep it up!

post #29 of 40 (permalink) Old 10-26-2004, 09:27 AM

Sportbike: 2006 FZ1
Years Riding: I only take walks
How you found us: Friend

Send a message via Yahoo to Cougar8000
Good going.

i was really misarable for about two weeks. My wife was trying to find a fifth corner in a square room for sometime. But, she knew that I did not mean any of that.

Stay with it. It will get better.

Alex - Certifiable MSF Instructor
2006 Yamaca FZ1
The truly happy person enjoys the scenery on a detour

A man should choose a friend who is better than himself. There are plenty of acquaintances in the world; but very few real friends.

RIDE for Kids Donations

https://www.mishacycles.com
MishaCycles on facebook
Misha Tactical Arms, Inc
post #30 of 40 (permalink) Old 10-26-2004, 10:26 AM
Old Squid on a Blade

Sportbike: 2000 929
Years Riding: Longer than most of you have been alive. And I'm still slow.
How you found us: The voices in my head told me to come here

Good Going!

Remember, 90% of it is in your head. Now is the time to get pissed at the cigs for having so much control over you. You are stronger than a paper tube stuffed with a weed! Focus on your long term goals. Stress the positives.

Oh, I doubt this is PC now, but when I quite waaaay back in the 70s I came up with the ultimate quitters system. I rolled up a 1/4 pound of Jamacian Blue. Every time I absolutely needed a cig, I had a joi... errr substitute. It certainly took my mind off of tobacco. After 2 weeks the cravings were gone and so was the 1/4.

There is nothing firm, nothing balanced, nothing durable in all the universe. Nothing remains in its original state, each day, each hour, each moment, there is change. Change is the essence of life. Embrace change as you do life. To fight change is to live in the past.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode