Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

MTN Bikers..Gnome-Fest!!!

734 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Kiecker 
#1 ·
It's time to ride and it's time for slaying the Gnomes.

www.gnome-fest.net September 23-25.

This has got to be one of the best weekends I had mountain biking last year. Although I now live more then 2000 miles away I just booked my flight so I can come and play again.

Would love to see some of my old peeps out in the woods again.

Th event takes place at 9 Mile in Wausau, WI. If you haven't been to 9 mile before it is simply one of the best places to ride in that's fairly close to Chicago; it's about 4 hours away. And yes there's plenty more than 9 miles of trails, plus all of them are bi-directional. Take a look here for a PDF trail map: http://www.co.marathon.wi.us/is/pks/pdf/mtbiketrailmap.pdf The trails have so much flow it just begs to be ridden with a single speed, but gears are cool too. It's set up where there are little to none man made obstacles but rather the land itself will keep you on your toes. One of the trails is like a rock grave yard. Really fun at night. Yes bring your lights too for night riding.

#3 ·
Bumpidy bump.

Two more weeks!!!

#4 ·
I'm pissed, I missed the "Muddy Buddy" this weekend and I also have to miss Gnome-Fest because of racing!!!! GGRRRRRR.

For those interested Last years Gnome-Fest was a BLAST!!! Goodtimes Kiecker!!

P.S. Kiecker- sorry I haven't been around, working and racing is consuming all my life this days.

#5 ·
No problem. Moving across the country and then riding across it 2-3 times in a couple weeks doesn't help either. I'll see if I can take a few pics for you at Gnome-Fest. Btw, I just converted my single speed to a scorcher (fixed gear, rigid mtn bike). Yeah baby!!! Coasting sucks.

7 hours until my flight!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.