Oldtimers Hockey - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Health & Fitness Talk to fellow members about getting in shape, to diets, to supplements and what does and doesn't work.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-25-2005, 02:54 PM Thread Starter
Joe

Sportbike: 2007 GSX-R600, 2007 KX250F, 2004 YZ450F, 2006 CRF50
Years Riding: As long as I been ridin your mama
How you found us: Joemama

Send a message via MSN to Joe Send a message via Yahoo to Joe
Oldtimers Hockey

Does anyone go to the oldtimers hockey at the Downers Grove, or Carol Stream ice rinks? If so, let me know what the times are. I am interesting in adding some additional ice time to my regiment.

I think that I have to buy Jerseys or something, but I'm not sure.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-25-2005, 03:24 PM
that punk kid

Sportbike: '05 ZX-6R (636)
Years Riding: 1
How you found us: Friend

Send a message via AIM to AdrenalinJunkie Send a message via Skype™ to AdrenalinJunkie
I used to play lots of hockey in highschool, i miss it a lot. I'm not exactly an "Old Timer", but im interested in playing.

Adrenalin Junkie
- '05 Suzuki GSXR 1000
- ** retired ** '05 Kawasaki ZX-6R
- NESBA "A" #616
- Founder/President - Creatix, Inc.
- Founder - BartendChicago - BartendChicago.com

Wikipedia - Adrenaline Junkie - An adrenaline junkie is somebody who feels as if they are addicted to adrenaline. Adrenaline junkies may enjoy competing in extreme sports like skydiving, surfing, motorcycle racing, or anything else that gets their heart rate up. This sort of addiction is brought on by enjoying the (adrenaline) "rush" gained from these activities.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-26-2005, 12:21 AM

Sportbike: Ducati Monster 900s,TT-R 125LE.SV650S, R6
Years Riding: 10
How you found us: ChicagoMonster,aka big Jeff

My brother plays every Thursday at a rink in Oak Lawn.PM me for more info if interested.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-26-2005, 04:22 AM

Sportbike: 2002
Years Riding: 5
How you found us: sbn- ran into 20bikes riding

More details.
Is old over 30?

If you suck and can't skate backwqards is that OK?
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-26-2005, 11:42 AM Thread Starter
Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead
More details.
Is old over 30?

If you suck and can't skate backwqards is that OK?

It is! Actually I play with a group of wannabe's on Sunday mornings at like 6:30-7 until 8:20. It's $20 per session or $100 for 7-8 weeks. If anyone is interested in that send me a PM.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-26-2005, 11:43 AM Thread Starter
Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrenalinJunkie
I used to play lots of hockey in highschool, i miss it a lot. I'm not exactly an "Old Timer", but im interested in playing.
I think this leauge is 35+ only. No slapshots, and no fighting. That is until I slash your ass and you get pissed off.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-28-2005, 11:30 AM
King Nothing

Sportbike: I ride Ur Mom
Years Riding: As long as Ive known Ur Mom
How you found us: u found me

I did it a few times, and its invite only (unfortunately I dont know the guy anymore).....they have a running 2minute timer(which as a newbie, you get to run until your shift on the ice)-no slapshots, and any minor altercations or aggressive play will get you blacklisted.......not really hockey if you cant take out your aggression in my opinion, but its ice time none-the-less.....I want to do the Sunday thing with you guys again, but I was dead last time as only a few players showed.........are more guys showing up now, or less due to the early am time?

"When in doubt, use full throttle. It may not improve your situation, but it will end the suspense."
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-28-2005, 12:31 PM Thread Starter
Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kegger
I did it a few times, and its invite only (unfortunately I dont know the guy anymore).....they have a running 2minute timer(which as a newbie, you get to run until your shift on the ice)-no slapshots, and any minor altercations or aggressive play will get you blacklisted.......not really hockey if you cant take out your aggression in my opinion, but its ice time none-the-less.....I want to do the Sunday thing with you guys again, but I was dead last time as only a few players showed.........are more guys showing up now, or less due to the early am time?
It's hit or miss. The other day it was 3 on 3 with 1 guy changing out for all 6 skaters. It isn't so bad except we were playing on the olympic ice. Always 2 goalies however.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-29-2005, 08:18 PM
Bop your way home...

Sportbike: Hypermotard
Years Riding: since 99'
How you found us: Googled "bullshit artists"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kegger
Wow, things have changed. I played competitively for 15 years with 1 year in the minors. Seems like a bit too many rules (no slapshots-wtf), timers? I'd like to get started again, any place where you can just show up and play? I haven't even skated in at least 5 years, still got all my gear thought.

-Alan-
Balancing the Paradox
of Art and Profit
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-29-2005, 09:14 PM
that punk kid

Sportbike: '05 ZX-6R (636)
Years Riding: 1
How you found us: Friend

Send a message via AIM to AdrenalinJunkie Send a message via Skype™ to AdrenalinJunkie
I think i could follow the rules, i love to get ice time again. Been a year or so since ive been on the ice. Still have all my gear.

Id love to get into it again, ill keep checkin for posts. =)

Adrenalin Junkie
- '05 Suzuki GSXR 1000
- ** retired ** '05 Kawasaki ZX-6R
- NESBA "A" #616
- Founder/President - Creatix, Inc.
- Founder - BartendChicago - BartendChicago.com

Wikipedia - Adrenaline Junkie - An adrenaline junkie is somebody who feels as if they are addicted to adrenaline. Adrenaline junkies may enjoy competing in extreme sports like skydiving, surfing, motorcycle racing, or anything else that gets their heart rate up. This sort of addiction is brought on by enjoying the (adrenaline) "rush" gained from these activities.
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-29-2005, 09:17 PM
King Nothing

Sportbike: I ride Ur Mom
Years Riding: As long as Ive known Ur Mom
How you found us: u found me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. D
Wow, things have changed. I played competitively for 15 years with 1 year in the minors. Seems like a bit too many rules (no slapshots-wtf), timers? I'd like to get started again, any place where you can just show up and play? I haven't even skated in at least 5 years, still got all my gear thought.
Actually, thats just that group, kinda pansy about the whole thing. Rat ice at center ice used to get pretty chippy, but I havent skated there for about 5 years. The mens leagues all kick you out if you drop the gloves (insurance reasons I guess) but it can get pretty chippy too if only one ref shows up.....he cant see everything all the time, but its still all no-check........they dont have any full check leagues anymore unless you play minor or semi-pro. Thats alright with me though, I gotta go to work the next day anyway.

"When in doubt, use full throttle. It may not improve your situation, but it will end the suspense."
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-29-2005, 11:47 PM
Bop your way home...

Sportbike: Hypermotard
Years Riding: since 99'
How you found us: Googled "bullshit artists"

I hate fighting, takes away from the sport. I don't mind no checking, there is plenty of contact without dudes head hunting to see who they can hurt. But icetime timers and shooting restrictions is odd.

How much is rat ice now? Used to be $15-20, I don't really remember maybe less.

Oh yeah, last time I played I went with my cousin, he won a national amature title when he was 17. We played at Santas Village, I forget what the rink is called. I was dieing after a minute of ice time, I was so out of shape and my cousin, well he ended up puking on the bench he was so out of it. I don't remember hockey being so hard when I was a kid, I could skate all day and not get tired.

-Alan-
Balancing the Paradox
of Art and Profit
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-30-2005, 06:50 AM Thread Starter
Joe

Dude, you should check out Johnny's ice house. It's somewhere near the United center. The level of play there is about the best you're going to find in this area. They have an elite leauge that is very fast. The pick up games that I play in would be boring for you. Besides, we play in Geneva.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode