RANT: new years - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Health & Fitness Talk to fellow members about getting in shape, to diets, to supplements and what does and doesn't work.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-03-2006, 07:59 PM Thread Starter
CLSB's Florida Chapter.

Sportbike: Ducati
Years Riding: 3 days
How you found us: unemployment office

Send a message via AIM to MoparBoyy
RANT: new years

So here we are Jan 3rd. Time for all the idiots and slack asses to get there big fat asses back in the gym. do they not understand that they are just pissing off all the people who will still be going in a month? I got to the gym at 4:25pm today, my normal time, to find the parking lot jammed full of cars, SO many people who were waiting for a parking spot right by the door. Do these people understand that they are at the GYM? were are they are gonna WORK OUT? i think you can walk the extra 20 feet. so i park and have to wait in line for like 2 mins to get in cause all these fucktards dont' even know were to go. Change clothes and get up to the workout room, i swear almost every machine was taken, now i go at 4:30 cause i can beat the rush of people getting out of work. Get on a treadmill, run for like 2 miles, start getting hot cause i'm still sick, then go about my lifting waiting like crazy for fuck heads who don't even know how to use the machine properly. then i start looking around, i see most of the people who i normally see, and then you can instantly pick out the newbies who are there with there wife/husband "so they can work out together" seriously it makes me sick. Why can't these people relize that they are gonna give up in a month? maybe less. Yeah i can give 2 shits if it was your "new years resiloution" to go to the gym. If you really were gonna work and do it, you would have got up and done it, not waited for the new year. your just pissing off the rest of us!

-Mopar

1997 Dodge Viper GTS
2013 Dodge Dart Rallye
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-03-2006, 08:12 PM
CLSB Pimpologist

Sportbike: K5 Gixxer 750
Years Riding: 9 years but not that many miles....
How you found us: Friend

Send a message via AIM to HEESH
You actually work out? .......with weights? Where do you hide all the muscle?

Naw really I know how you feel. But I think there are regulars too who come all the time and really need to learn what they are doing. Lifting wrong, over training....doing chest 4 times a week. I mean seriously... Sometimes i would like to just go over and simply suggest something but who am I... I am no personal trainer but I know when i am seeing something completely wrong...

------------------------------------------------
-Heesh

I can't wait for the summer...
post #3 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-03-2006, 08:18 PM

Sportbike: 08 YZ250F, 03 Tuono
Years Riding: Eh?
How you found us: .

You got a problem with me little man?!

I pay my gym membership just like you do. Just because I choose to go there for a week or two this time of year (and then again before Spring Break) doesn't mean you're cooler than me.

This body is a temple. It only needs a few weeks a year to maintain tip top running condition. Just coincidental timing I swear!

<---- Knows what you mean though.

<<----- Will probably go back to drinking beer and watching TV in a week or two.

<---- Patrick

Property of Evil Monkey Racing

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-03-2006, 08:23 PM

Sportbike: A weed wacker
Years Riding: Just started today as a matter of fact..
How you found us: A dream I had once

Send a message via MSN to JRSMAIL
What health club you go too and which town? I'm going to that one and stand around.

Jon
MSF Instructor

<---- Useless

Always Stand For What You Believe In... Even If Means You Stand Alone...
post #5 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-03-2006, 08:37 PM
Joe Momma...

Sportbike: None
Years Riding: 1,2,4,5 count d'z rocks biatch!
How you found us: member

Send a message via AIM to JoJo
you should be thanking these people. they're saving you $$$ since they pay the same as you but only use the membership for a couple weeks out of the year.

My name is JB, people call me JB

Quote:
Originally Posted by flinchy
"I wouldn't be surprised to see this guy catch a pass with his ass cheeks"
post #6 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-03-2006, 08:41 PM

Sportbike: 2009 Triumph Street Triple R, 2011 Triumph Bonneville SE
Years Riding: 11
How you found us: web search

I am with you 150% I want to kick these folks in the face. For the record I want to encourage people to workout, my rant does not go to the newbies at the gym, everyone has to start somewhere. The real peices of filth are the ones that not only carry their cell phones with them while working out but also take about 3 calls. Unless you are a doctor on call or have a family member in the ICU there is no reason to have your cell with you while working out, let alone making calls while walking around in the health club. Don't forget the folks who have to finish their smoke right outside the door before going in Luckily I go early also and miss the real winners, after 5 the place I go to turns into club Euro where the air smells of armpits and cheap cologne We all sweat but it's amazing what a bit of right guard can do.

Under200
post #7 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-03-2006, 08:45 PM

I go at 10pm to avoid the throngs .... although ... it is definitely busier this time a year.
post #8 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-03-2006, 11:01 PM
Please attend carefully..

Sportbike: 2000 ZX6R (the green one!)
Years Riding: 2000
How you found us: I've been here a while...

Quote:
Originally Posted by under200
Don't forget the folks who have to finish their smoke right outside the door before going in
You must go to Bally's Kennedy-Cumberland, right?

"Stupidity is also a gift of God, but one mustn't misuse it." - JP2

"Life is just a place where we spend time between games" - former Philadelphia Flyers coach Fred Shero

"everyone's a nutjob, some just have more restraint than others" - EndlessRR
post #9 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-03-2006, 11:24 PM

Sportbike: Honda RS 125
Years Riding: just starting to learn
How you found us: accidentally

I work out at Lifetime in Bloomingdale and I was thinking the same exact thing Moparboyy. I know most of these people are going to stop going pretty soon so I'm not that upset about it. I actually think it's great that they're trying to get in shape, but what gets to me is when they sit on the machines and chat with each other or on their cell phones. It's been packed the last two days but it'll die down soon.

-Jaime

RIP Ashwin 788
post #10 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-03-2006, 11:34 PM
Super Moderator

Sportbike: bikeless
Years Riding: 10
How you found us: Shit, you know I'm a clsb OG!

Send a message via AIM to Vcook
mopar, your mistake is obviously your reliance on "machines". That is the flame to the noob moth. Mosey on over to the free weights and workout like a man.

Chris
post #11 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-03-2006, 11:54 PM
Resident Slow guy

Sportbike: 250x_Dirtbike Triumph_Tripled_955i 90_H-D_Bagger CR80_Mini_Motard
Years Riding: Street_LOOOOOOONG_Time Track Backmarker
How you found us: Google

Send a message via AIM to Ohfugit
no biggie, they'll be gone in feb

Oh yea and what U'dog said

post #12 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-04-2006, 01:29 AM
Seriously?

Sportbike: 06 Gsx-R 600
Years Riding: 4 years
How you found us: Your Mom!

Send a message via AIM to Hunny Send a message via Yahoo to Hunny
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vcook
mopar, your mistake is obviously your reliance on "machines". That is the flame to the noob moth. Mosey on over to the free weights and workout like a man.
LOL!!!

Bikes can be replaced...people can't...ride safe!!
http://public.fotki.com/kemeiz/
Sex is like math... you add the bed, subtract the clothes, divide the legs and pray you don't multiply!
<---- Kristin
UR MOM RACING
post #13 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-04-2006, 05:41 AM
Your friendly Crazy Canuk

Sportbike: Ducati ST3 2005 Gloss Black, Monster 620, 2007 Sport Classic 1000
Years Riding: Crashing sucessfully since 1969
How you found us: Thru favorednation (ron)

Send a message via AIM to RickC1957 Send a message via Yahoo to RickC1957
I gave up on gyms 10 years ago. I go when I'm invited by friends, just to be social, I usually workout before I go to the gym! I usually workout early in the mornings. And in the winter, that means rolling out of bed, into my gear and down to my little workout room. I have threadmill, rowing machine, bike on fluid trainer, free standing heavy bag and free weights. I also have a stereo, TV with VCR and now my wireless laptop I have been thinking of putting in a sauna....I have the room. I have a ULTRA tub with 72 jets upstairs. So I have a pretty nice home gym.

Sometimes goodbye is your second chance.
post #14 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-04-2006, 06:08 AM

Sportbike: 2009 Triumph Street Triple R, 2011 Triumph Bonneville SE
Years Riding: 11
How you found us: web search

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norseman82
You must go to Bally's Kennedy-Cumberland, right?
Bingo.

Under200
post #15 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-04-2006, 07:37 AM
Administrator

Sportbike: A couple of pasta rockets
Years Riding: Since 1989
How you found us: In the beginning there was CLSB and Tony saw that it was good.

Send a message via AIM to HDTony
LOL, a buddy of mine used to complain about the same thing at lifretime. every january the gym would be filled with noobs and woudl last about 3 weeks. use it what its good for, all the fat out of shape guys are making yo look like a prince to the woman folk there, use it to your advantage and grab some tail.

its kinda like the night before thanks giving and new years eve, when all the amatuers come out and crowd up my favorite bars.

HDTony.... Damn glad to meet you!

Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.

- Ronald Reagan

AirTek Heating & Air inc.

Last edited by HDTony; 01-04-2006 at 07:50 AM.
post #16 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-04-2006, 07:45 AM
Model citizen

Sportbike: ktm
Years Riding: a few
How you found us: SBN

I'm going to Lifetime skokie today. First time in a month or so. Lifetime needs to enforce the motorcycle parking spots. I always wanna smack a tailight with my helmet when it's full of SUV's

Eric
post #17 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-04-2006, 09:42 AM
Slow Old Guy.

Sportbike: Inline Two Wheeled
Years Riding: Since the beginning of time
How you found us: Dan Ortega sent me

Mopar...

Work out at home... take the first two weeks of the year off.. when you return, all will be normal, hell, you deserve the break. Or better yet, come on over here for a couple of weeks. I have a full workout gym, as well as it is all ith free weights as VCook suggested.

Hell, you can even be the personal trainer!

LOL,

Wink

===========
Great Quote - One would think that the Secret Service was smart enough to get serviced secretly.

MotoVid hasbeen
NESBA hasbeen

CCS neverbeen
WERA neverbeen
post #18 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-04-2006, 09:48 AM
Hot-Wire Her With A Pin

Sportbike: Blue Mini Cooper
Years Riding: Done for now
How you found us: Bad weather bikers

Send a message via Yahoo to Paladin
That is the reason I bought a highend treadmill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bug View Post
I will sock ya square in your snot locker if you EVER use the term "Bron Bron" in my presence - BAHLEEDAT
post #19 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-04-2006, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wink
Mopar...

Work out at home... take the first two weeks of the year off.. when you return, all will be normal, hell, you deserve the break. Or better yet, come on over here for a couple of weeks. I have a full workout gym, as well as it is all ith free weights as VCook suggested.

LOL,

Wink
That's two places in Barrington Alex can work out for free. Alex I have a spare set of gloves, and I'm bored hitting the heavy bag....I promise your bruises will be gone in 7 to 10 days

post #20 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-04-2006, 10:15 AM

Sportbike: Kawi ZX-10R
Years Riding: Since February 2012
How you found us: NESBA bbs

Send a message via Yahoo to Chills
Alex I'm totally with you. I work out 6 days a week and I hate this time of year. It is annoying to see all these noobs that will not keep their resolutions in a month taking up space.

I went to the climbing gym on Monday and it was jam packed. People everywhere! The odd thing was that most weren't climbing. My partner and I didn't have to wait for any of the top rope routes. So I guess I can't complain.

But I bet once I get to the Union Station Metroplex later today it'll be packed with slack-ass noobs who'll be gone in 3 weeks.

Never a bad time to climb... unless the weather is really horrible, and then you climb inside!

I bleed GREEN
post #21 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-04-2006, 11:09 AM
Giddy Up

Sportbike: 2002 ZX7R
Years Riding: 8 Years
How you found us: google

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chills
Alex I'm totally with you. I work out 6 days a week and I hate this time of year. It is annoying to see all these noobs that will not keep their resolutions in a month taking up space.

I went to the climbing gym on Monday and it was jam packed. People everywhere! The odd thing was that most weren't climbing. My partner and I didn't have to wait for any of the top rope routes. So I guess I can't complain.

But I bet once I get to the Union Station Metroplex later today it'll be packed with slack-ass noobs who'll be gone in 3 weeks.
It was cool seeing you and Dave at The Wall on Monday. If you thought it was busy then you should have seen it earlier in the afternoon but it was fine with me b/c it gave me a break every now and then

And thanks for all of the tips...especially on my first Top Rope experience. My hands/forearms are still a bit sore today.

***Hans***
post #22 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-04-2006, 11:13 AM

Sportbike: Kawi ZX-10R
Years Riding: Since February 2012
How you found us: NESBA bbs

Send a message via Yahoo to Chills
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solo
It was cool seeing you and Dave at The Wall on Monday. If you thought it was busy then you should have seen it earlier in the afternoon but it was fine with me b/c it gave me a break every now and then

And thanks for all of the tips...especially on my first Top Rope experience. My hands/forearms are still a bit sore today.
That was pretty cool when I signed in at the desk hearing, "Chills?" It was good to see you and meet your wife. She's quite a climber in tennis shoes. I bet she'll put us all to shame when she gets climbing shoes on.

Glad we could help you out. Top rope is so much more fun than auto-belay. You did pretty well on the tall wall. Shoot me a PM next time you are heading out there and I'll try to meet you.

BTW, my forearms are also a bit sore.

Never a bad time to climb... unless the weather is really horrible, and then you climb inside!

I bleed GREEN
post #23 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-04-2006, 11:20 AM
Giddy Up

Sportbike: 2002 ZX7R
Years Riding: 8 Years
How you found us: google

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chills
That was pretty cool when I signed in at the desk hearing, "Chills?" It was good to see you and meet your wife. She's quite a climber in tennis shoes. I bet she'll put us all to shame when she gets climbing shoes on.

Glad we could help you out. Top rope is so much more fun than auto-belay. You did pretty well on the tall wall. Shoot me a PM next time you are heading out there and I'll try to meet you.

BTW, my forearms are also a bit sore.
Hey! I don't climb without jewelry for a reason....I just needed a climbing buddy for the day

***Hans***
post #24 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-04-2006, 06:25 PM

i thought mopar would be all pumped from replacing trans on those dodge mini vans.

I rather workout at home then pay to workout. Health clubs are all lame. You brag to your yuppie buddies that you got a membership. Then there like, "wow, you got money to buy an suv and money to waste at a gym you pose at" "yup, i need to spend my money, theres no more room in my money clip"

I loved working out at school. It was like rocky going to apollos old gym. All old school. You were there to work out and nothing more.
post #25 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-04-2006, 06:55 PM
kc6
I'm mad bro

Sportbike: butter churn
Years Riding: Lots
How you found us: Googled "bullshit artists"

I gotta agree, this is one of the main reasons I stopped going to the gym and got fat a couple years ago lol (excuse #452 of 923 ). If you have the space at all, the only way to go is home gym. I'll do some cardio at school cuz I got time in between classes and there is unbelievable eye candy, but otherwise home is far better.

Kevin

Ask me how to get a free kick in the teeth!
post #26 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-04-2006, 07:24 PM Thread Starter
CLSB's Florida Chapter.

Sportbike: Ducati
Years Riding: 3 days
How you found us: unemployment office

Send a message via AIM to MoparBoyy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vcook
I have to lift heavy objects all day, i dont' need to do that at the gym too i spend 99% of my time on the treadmill or bike anyways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maynard_002000
Lifetime needs to enforce the motorcycle parking spots. I always wanna smack a tailight with my helmet when it's full of SUV's
I dunno about the Skokie one.. but I go to the Schaumburg one, all bikers are allowed to park on the sidewalk by the front of the buliding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wink
I have a full workout gym, as well as it is all ith free weights as VCook suggested.

damn.. what kindof treadmill you got? i only run on LifeFitness stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldschoolninja
i thought mopar would be all pumped from replacing trans on those dodge mini vans.
naw... trans's are all straight now.. lately its been Rack and Pinions like crazy style.

-Mopar

1997 Dodge Viper GTS
2013 Dodge Dart Rallye
post #27 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-04-2006, 07:34 PM
Grid Marshall.

Sportbike: Tweener
Years Riding: Do I have to start over now?
How you found us: Followed the Bread Crumbs...

Send a message via AIM to Cerk
I'm with ya Mopar...New Year's and the Spring Breakers ...enough to make ya sick...how 'bout the fucksticks talkin' on the damn phone while working out...must be workin' REAL f'n hard

Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacitus
In a state where corruption abounds, laws must be very numerous.
post #28 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-04-2006, 07:42 PM
vrrooooooom!

Sportbike: 01 honda 929rr
Years Riding: 10 years
How you found us: from a member of fireblades.org

Send a message via AIM to trey
yeah the one in algonquin was nuts too, they had valet parking going on ahha

<------ Jason
post #29 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-04-2006, 09:24 PM
BSB > WSBK > MotoGP

Sportbike: '02 GSXR 600 / '98 CBRF3
Years Riding: Since '03
How you found us: Google

If you ever saw a black Eclipse in the farthest corner of the Algonquin Lifetime fitness lot, that was mine. WTF is with people that drive around looking for a close parking spot at a fucking gym.

Hell, I always take far spots, take the stairs when I can intead of elevators and escalators. Bruce Lee did it, so can I. :P

Jeff
NESBA #311
'02 GSXR600
'98
Smokin' Joe's F3
post #30 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-05-2006, 05:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerkMX
I'm with ya Mopar...New Year's and the Spring Breakers ...enough to make ya sick...how 'bout the fucksticks talkin' on the damn phone while working out...must be workin' REAL f'n hard
Your shitting me Talking on the phone and working out While I workout out for the hour to hour and half, I don't take calls, sorry working out is "my time".

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode