"that" guy at the gym - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Health & Fitness Talk to fellow members about getting in shape, to diets, to supplements and what does and doesn't work.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-09-2006, 09:59 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Sportbike: bikeless
Years Riding: 10
How you found us: Shit, you know I'm a clsb OG!

Send a message via AIM to Vcook
"that" guy at the gym

The top 20!!

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/par10.htm

It's funny because it's true. I'd also like to add:

21. The guy that picks up his dumbells/barbell and does his set right in front of the rack so that no one else can pick up any other dumbells/barbells near it. Thanks a lot asshat.

22. The guy that takes a pair of dumbells and proceeds to either keep them for 5 minutes to do one set of 8(this should take 30 seconds!), or keeps them for 15 minutes to do a zillion sets of the same weight(what exactly is your goal here, and why can't you put them back between sets?).

Chris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-09-2006, 10:11 PM
Grid Marshall.

Sportbike: Tweener
Years Riding: Do I have to start over now?
How you found us: Followed the Bread Crumbs...

Send a message via AIM to Cerk
Nice

...i also like:

23. Flex Femme
...the vain dude walking around trying to covertly flex different muscles for himself in the mirror...the sideways tricep flex, the sneaky lift of the shirt to rock that pec

24. Multitasker
...the guy currently using 7 different machines/waits at the same time, he's on a rotation, don't use his shit, he's on it...but not right now.

Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacitus
In a state where corruption abounds, laws must be very numerous.
post #3 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-09-2006, 10:16 PM

I'll add:

The guy that wants to chat in a crowded locker room while in various states of undress. Dude ... just go in, do what you gotta do, and get out, I can chat later, and for petes sake, put a towel on while you are shaving, you fat ass!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-09-2006, 10:37 PM
BEER!

Sportbike: '01 SV650S (Pokey!) '02 Honda CR125 (Blockhead)
Years Riding: 5
How you found us: SBN

Send a message via AIM to Grover

From the same site.. the "don't be that internet guy"
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/par40.htm

NESBA/CCS #142
AIM: GroverSV650S
Dirtbikes are not submarines
post #5 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-09-2006, 10:55 PM
BH

Sportbike: KTM
Years Riding: Long enough to get arm pump
How you found us: find who?

Send a message via Yahoo to BH
Captain AmericaPants: sub category of Charlie Bandana
Attached Images
File Type: jpg napoleon8.jpg (18.8 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg DesignRex.jpg (27.0 KB, 1 views)
post #6 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-10-2006, 08:21 AM
yo quiero su taco

Sportbike: Honda CBR 954 blk/slvr
Years Riding: 10 years
How you found us: They found me. Follow the white rabbit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redduck21
Captain AmericaPants: sub category of Charlie Bandana

lol I'm surprised there isn't a Chuck Norris fact about Rex Kwon do.

"includes 10 used-car dealers or auto repair shops, 11 liquor stores and bars--two of which advertise lingerie fashion shows and a third billed as a "gentlemen's club"--three cut-rate motels and one trailer park. The squat, brick municipal building is next to a currency exchange and a few steps from an adult video store. The bars open at 10 a.m. and close at 6:30 a.m."

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
Something must be fishy...I am going to go poke around in the back end..
post #7 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-10-2006, 08:25 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteSeatEnvy
lol I'm surprised there isn't a Chuck Norris fact about Rex Kwon do.

now's your chance to be a fact creator!

Chris
post #8 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-10-2006, 08:37 AM
yo quiero su taco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vcook
now's your chance to be a fact creator!

Here's a fact, Vcook likes the c*ck.

I have to admit, I am a multitasker. And on more than one occasion, I have hogged the dumdbell rack by just not paying attention.

The one I hate is the one who rests in between sets on the machine or bench. It is usually an older person or someone who is not in the best shape. They put up 20 reps of like 5 lbs and then just sit there waiting to start the next set. My impatient stare and tapping of my foot is noticed by everyone in the room but this guy.

"includes 10 used-car dealers or auto repair shops, 11 liquor stores and bars--two of which advertise lingerie fashion shows and a third billed as a "gentlemen's club"--three cut-rate motels and one trailer park. The squat, brick municipal building is next to a currency exchange and a few steps from an adult video store. The bars open at 10 a.m. and close at 6:30 a.m."

Quote:

Last edited by whiteSeatEnvy; 02-10-2006 at 08:45 AM.
post #9 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-10-2006, 09:14 AM
yo quiero su taco

Chuck Norris attended a free session at Rex Kwon Do planning on addressing Rex's blatant disregard for flag etitque with a roundhouse to the face. But after seeing Darla's picture on the wall, Chuck rethought his decision saying "any man who would willing sleep with Darla is clearly a man who should not be f*cked with".

Quote:

Last edited by whiteSeatEnvy; 02-10-2006 at 09:41 AM.
post #10 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-10-2006, 09:14 AM

Sportbike: CURRENTLY LOOKING
Years Riding: since I was 8
How you found us: The NET is MINE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grover

LoL that was a good read, it should be stikied LOL

Logtar - John

My Blog - @Logtar - Google+
post #11 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-10-2006, 09:21 AM

Sportbike: 05 CRF50
Years Riding: "Since 1992"
How you found us: You found me

What about the guy that comes in shortly after New Years, hasn't been to the gym in 8 months, thinks he's freakin huge, and starts poking fun at all the "other" guys.

post #12 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-10-2006, 09:24 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kruz
What about the guy that comes in shortly after New Years, hasn't been to the gym in 8 months, thinks he's freakin huge, and starts poking fun at all the "other" guys.

its been far longer than 8 months!!

note: I haven't seen you there yet....

Chris
post #13 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-10-2006, 09:27 AM

Sportbike: 05 CRF50
Years Riding: "Since 1992"
How you found us: You found me

Im long gone by the time you step off the train.
post #14 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-10-2006, 09:44 AM
King Nothing

Sportbike: I ride Ur Mom
Years Riding: As long as Ive known Ur Mom
How you found us: u found me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grover

Internet Tough Guy - ODY!

Proof that the obvious may not be obvious to all, the Internet tough guy forgets the mode of communication that he's using. Constantly threatening people with physical harm and the dreaded ambiguous "consequences," the ITG tries to send the message that he is not someone to mess with.

Modsterbator - VCOOK!

Proof that power not only corrupts, but also makes you petty, the modsterbator uses his moderator position for self-gratification. Whether it's trying to push his products, agendas or pathetic need to lord over others, this crank-yanker uses his position for personal gain first and helping people last.

The Search Nazi - BWA!

Using the slightly flawed logic that if something's been asked once it shouldn't be asked again, the Search Nazi helpfully answers all queries with "use the search button." While there are times that this is appropriate ("what's creatine?"), many times this just irritates the poster and all of the silent masses (and there are a lot more than you think) that want to know the answer. Not to mention the silly arguments that end up ensuing from these responses.

The Contenda -WSE!

As in, coulda been one. The Contenda is always commenting on the accomplishments of others and comparing them to his own. Whether it's comparing their physique, poundages or professional achievements, the Contenda wants you to know that he could meet or beat you if he really wanted to.

Unfortunately, the Contenda misses one key aspect of his little struggle with the rest of the world: no one gives a shit.

The Parasite - SHADYNINJA!

The parasite is self-explanatory; he exists for the sole reason of feeding off whatever board he's participating on. Contributing little to nothing, yet always trying pimp his website, products or services, the parasite draws attention and money from those who invest their time and effort in making a site great.

Mangler - BIGNATE!

...of the English language. I understand that this is informal discussion. I understand that abbreviations have sprung up to help move things along (IIRC, etc.). What I don't understand is when someone asks me: "y r u brkn mi blz bro?" Until someone translates for me, I'm ignoring this crap. BTW, some attention to spelling wouldn't hurt either; there's no "T" in biceps.

Post Whore - KEGGER!

Many bumpers evolve into the much dreaded post whore, whose only purpose it seems is to accumulate posts. With such gems of wisdom as "I agree," "me too" and "I heard that somewhere," the post whore manages to accumulate 1000s of posts without ever really saying anything.

Witch Hunter - Cant say he would come after me!

The witch hunter is always out to make someone the bad guy. Whether it's someone's business practices, the advice they give or some imagined slight, the hunter is prepared to rally the troops and cry foul at a moment's notice. It doesn't matter if the allegations are true, it's just really important that the accused pay for the horrible crimes they've committed. Whatever the hell they are...............

Discuss.

Disclaimer:This is all in fun guys, dont get all bent outta shape!

"When in doubt, use full throttle. It may not improve your situation, but it will end the suspense."
post #15 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-10-2006, 09:55 AM
yo quiero su taco

Quote:
the Contenda wants you to know that he could meet or beat you if he really wanted to.
Nail on the head lol

Quote:
post #16 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-10-2006, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian
I'll add:

The guy that wants to chat in a crowded locker room while in various states of undress. Dude ... just go in, do what you gotta do, and get out, I can chat later, and for petes sake, put a towel on while you are shaving, you fat ass!
Absolutely. Had a guy come up to me as I'm sitting on the bench, face me, put one leg up on the bench as he's drying himself and kick off a conversation. It's like "dude I can feel the warmth of your schlong on the side of my neck!!! Get the fawk awaaaaay!"
post #17 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-10-2006, 11:10 AM
yo quiero su taco

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGGY
dude I can feel the warmth of your schlong on the side of my neck
That's hawt

Quote:
post #18 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-10-2006, 11:12 AM
yo quiero su taco

The naked talkers have to be homos trying to get a piece of ass. not that there is anythign wrong with that There is no other way to explain it. It's gotta be code for "you interested?"

Quote:

Last edited by whiteSeatEnvy; 02-10-2006 at 11:14 AM.
post #19 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-10-2006, 11:14 AM

There's another one which is mentioned in parts, but really a combo which I think was left out.

It's the small teenager, who thinks he's arnold (lifts with no shirt or shoes on), screams throughout the set, carries with him at least one lifting magazine and his home pre-made sports drink which looks as thick as cake, and has a strange smile on his face as he sets up for one set or the next.

I think I have seen at least one of each that was described on that list to a T.
post #20 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-10-2006, 11:15 AM

Quote:
The naked talkers have to be homos trying to get a piece of ass. not that there is anythign wrong with that There is no other way to explain it. It's gotta be code for "you interested?"
No, I think it's usually old dudes who just don't give a shit.
post #21 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-10-2006, 11:18 AM
yo quiero su taco

Quote:
That reminds me of the treadmill farter. You'll be huffin away 5 minutes into your 10 mph run on the treadmill when you are suffocated by some numb nut's ass smog. If you have to rip ass, go into the locker room!

Quote:
post #22 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-10-2006, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kegger
Internet Tough Guy - ODY!

Proof that the obvious may not be obvious to all, the Internet tough guy forgets the mode of communication that he's using. Constantly threatening people with physical harm and the dreaded ambiguous "consequences," the ITG tries to send the message that he is not someone to mess with.

Modsterbator - VCOOK!

Proof that power not only corrupts, but also makes you petty, the modsterbator uses his moderator position for self-gratification. Whether it's trying to push his products, agendas or pathetic need to lord over others, this crank-yanker uses his position for personal gain first and helping people last.

The Search Nazi - BWA!

Using the slightly flawed logic that if something's been asked once it shouldn't be asked again, the Search Nazi helpfully answers all queries with "use the search button." While there are times that this is appropriate ("what's creatine?"), many times this just irritates the poster and all of the silent masses (and there are a lot more than you think) that want to know the answer. Not to mention the silly arguments that end up ensuing from these responses.

The Contenda -WSE!

As in, coulda been one. The Contenda is always commenting on the accomplishments of others and comparing them to his own. Whether it's comparing their physique, poundages or professional achievements, the Contenda wants you to know that he could meet or beat you if he really wanted to.

Unfortunately, the Contenda misses one key aspect of his little struggle with the rest of the world: no one gives a shit.

The Parasite - SHADYNINJA!

The parasite is self-explanatory; he exists for the sole reason of feeding off whatever board he's participating on. Contributing little to nothing, yet always trying pimp his website, products or services, the parasite draws attention and money from those who invest their time and effort in making a site great.

Mangler - BIGNATE!

...of the English language. I understand that this is informal discussion. I understand that abbreviations have sprung up to help move things along (IIRC, etc.). What I don't understand is when someone asks me: "y r u brkn mi blz bro?" Until someone translates for me, I'm ignoring this crap. BTW, some attention to spelling wouldn't hurt either; there's no "T" in biceps.

Post Whore - KEGGER!

Many bumpers evolve into the much dreaded post whore, whose only purpose it seems is to accumulate posts. With such gems of wisdom as "I agree," "me too" and "I heard that somewhere," the post whore manages to accumulate 1000s of posts without ever really saying anything.

Witch Hunter - Cant say he would come after me!

The witch hunter is always out to make someone the bad guy. Whether it's someone's business practices, the advice they give or some imagined slight, the hunter is prepared to rally the troops and cry foul at a moment's notice. It doesn't matter if the allegations are true, it's just really important that the accused pay for the horrible crimes they've committed. Whatever the hell they are...............

Discuss.

Disclaimer:This is all in fun guys, dont get all bent outta shape!

The Original Quoter - This guy will quote the whole first post, when it's clear in his response that he can only be addressing the initial post and not a sub-conversation that has started in the thread.
post #23 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-10-2006, 11:20 AM
Listen to Motley Crue

Sportbike: POSER
Years Riding: 3 Years
How you found us: Shadrach

Quote:

+1, ever remember the Manshow (on comedy central) when they did a skit on this. I swear the next day in the gym some old naked guy fresh outta the shower walks up to me, as I am sitting on the bench, and decides to chat, I am like ok whatever then he proceeds to put his leg up on the bench and I too was like get the FAWK OUTTA HERE........
post #24 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-10-2006, 11:20 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Quote:
That reminds me of the treadmill farter. You'll be huffin away 5 minutes into your 10 mph run on the treadmill when you are suffocated by some numb nut's ass smog. If you have to rip ass, go into the locker room!

bahahahaha!!!!

Chris
post #25 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-10-2006, 11:25 AM

Oh I gotta add this one.

Mr. Debate Googler - He thinks that just because he Googled part of the debate that's going on for a topic which he is much less familiar with, that he is now 'entitled to voice his (often shitty) opinion'. General responses from Mr. Debate Googler are "I think we should just...leave, stay, bomb, attack, make peace, etc..." Generally the responses are useless, ignorant, and rarely longer than a sentence or two. To convince him of any other points is more difficult than getting a cow to toss your salad with A1 steak sauce.
post #26 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-10-2006, 11:31 AM
BH

Sportbike: KTM
Years Riding: Long enough to get arm pump
How you found us: find who?

Send a message via Yahoo to BH
Quote:
To convince him of any other points is more difficult than getting a cow to toss your salad with A1 steak sauce.
cows are into that kinky shit. doesn't take as much convincing as one might expect
post #27 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-10-2006, 12:08 PM
Grid Marshall.

Sportbike: Tweener
Years Riding: Do I have to start over now?
How you found us: Followed the Bread Crumbs...

Send a message via AIM to Cerk
Also, the overweight UnderArmor wearer...i don't know if this guy think's he's big and tryin' to represent...or if he's trying to girdle his liquifat in to look a little slimmer...either way, it's not an aspect of the human body i need accentuated by tight clothing...second that on the shaft framing a nice tight pair of sweatpants'll give a guy

Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacitus
In a state where corruption abounds, laws must be very numerous.
post #28 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-10-2006, 12:38 PM
BEER!

Sportbike: '01 SV650S (Pokey!) '02 Honda CR125 (Blockhead)
Years Riding: 5
How you found us: SBN

Send a message via AIM to Grover
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vcook
bahahahaha!!!!

+1 What's really bad is mine are concentrated to MY treadmill, so I'm stuck smelling it. Icky!

NESBA/CCS #142
AIM: GroverSV650S
Dirtbikes are not submarines
post #29 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-10-2006, 01:48 PM

Tiny Tee - related to overweight Under Armor wearer ... seriously, that's supposed to be hot??

Cell Phone Guy. Gee, you must be really important. It's a good thing they came out with that bluetooth earpiece so that you can lift a pinky and talk at the same time.
post #30 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-10-2006, 02:03 PM
Administrator

Sportbike: A couple of pasta rockets
Years Riding: Since 1989
How you found us: In the beginning there was CLSB and Tony saw that it was good.

Send a message via AIM to HDTony

HDTony.... Damn glad to meet you!

Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.

- Ronald Reagan

AirTek Heating & Air inc.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode