hey biggy, how bout this stuff - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Health & Fitness Talk to fellow members about getting in shape, to diets, to supplements and what does and doesn't work.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-10-2006, 11:40 AM Thread Starter
NAZ

hey biggy, how bout this stuff

how bout this creatine? any good
http://www.allstarhealth.com/de_p/4240/BSN_Cellmass.htm
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-10-2006, 11:41 AM
Super Moderator

Sportbike: bikeless
Years Riding: 10
How you found us: Shit, you know I'm a clsb OG!

Send a message via AIM to Vcook
just get a quality creatine monohydrate, 100% pure. I like prolab.

my 2 cents.

Chris
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-10-2006, 07:47 PM
Joe

Sportbike: 2007 GSX-R600, 2007 KX250F, 2004 YZ450F, 2006 CRF50
Years Riding: As long as I been ridin your mama
How you found us: Joemama

Send a message via MSN to Joe Send a message via Yahoo to Joe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vcook
just get a quality creatine monohydrate, 100% pure. I like prolab.
That's a good reason not to get it!

j/k of course you are a manly man through and through.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-10-2006, 08:51 PM
Another Polak

Sportbike: '05 CBR 600RR
Years Riding: Since '04
How you found us: Friend

Creatine sucks a tons of water in your muscle cells.
You think you are getting bigger, but that's a BS.
After a while you stop taking creatine, and you start pissing like a sick man.

" Never drive faster, than your guardian angel can fly."

My Garage

PSN: chamala2000

Peter
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-10-2006, 09:32 PM
Super Moderator

Sportbike: bikeless
Years Riding: 10
How you found us: Shit, you know I'm a clsb OG!

Send a message via AIM to Vcook
Quote:
Originally Posted by c2000
Creatine sucks a tons of water in your muscle cells.
You think you are getting bigger, but that's a BS.
After a while you stop taking creatine, and you start pissing like a sick man.
it does more than just "suck tons of water into your cells". as in everything, your personal mileage will vary!!

Chris
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-10-2006, 11:11 PM
Work In Progress...

Sportbike: 2005 Harley Night Train
Years Riding: I dunno ?
How you found us: Been around a couple years

Send a message via MSN to BuzByU
I like CellMass... I started hittin the gym lately... and I see results as soon as a few weeks, but then again that is me.

2005 Harley Night Train
2001 Golf GTI VR6 - Super Charged-Intercooler, Nitrous = 305 HP... stage 4 to come soon! .. can you say 400? HP? in a Go Kart!
1999 Ford SVT Lightning - Super Charged @ 600 ponies

Yea I am compensating..

Gregg
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-10-2006, 11:12 PM
kc6
I'm mad bro

Sportbike: butter churn
Years Riding: Lots
How you found us: Googled "bullshit artists"

I recently started using creatine (optimum nutrition, monohydrate, pure) and so far I've noticed a difference in my workouts, and its cheap. Seems to be helping out with recovery too. thumbs up

Kevin

Ask me how to get a free kick in the teeth!
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-10-2006, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vcook
it does more than just "suck tons of water into your cells". as in everything, your personal mileage will vary!!
Yes it does more than suck water in. Pulling in the water is sort of a side effect of the creatine. You can also dehydrate yourself on this stuff too...as I've said many times. Putting a dry powder into the body needs to be countered with extra water. Creatine as I explained in a rant before, changes the actual muscular contractions (actin/myosin). Anyway it's not a creatine rant.

Our main focus is this new creatine...CEM3 or whatever cool name they have lined up for it. Now rule #1 as we all know. The more hyped and kick ass the label is with claims that it will make you as huge as vcook (nah, ok kidding on the one), the product is most likely bullshit. When we go to a job interview and we know what we're doing, then that easily comes through and we can talk in specifics...much like a good brand label would. If we don't know jack, then we say that "we're great and we can do the job gooder". So by initially looking at the label we have a hint of bullshit.

Here's the part where vcook is partially wrong. The creatine in cell mass is creatine monohydrate. But in addition to that they attached an ester. Some of you might have heard of Ester-C...supposed to help vitamin c absorb better. Well...the theory behind what they do is correct. I'm trully hazy on ester, so someone verify and correct me because I'm not researching a college paper here. But in short, ester is found in fat tissues of humans and animals. When we put shit into our bodies that has some sort of impact on our cells it's called ligand binding. There are several different ways which whatever supplement we use can get into or work with the cell...most of which I don't recall because it's been a looong time since I took my test. But, the way creatine works I believe is through a process which is called either 'passive permeation' or 'passive absorbtion'...this is a very basic process which requires the least amount of work for the cell in simply letting product X diffuse in, usually by way of lipids (I hope we all know what lipids are). For those that are confused, here's where it all ties back...hell maybe you got it already. Ester is found in lipids (ester helps absorbtion into lipids)...lipids are what help diffuse creatine into the muscle (Einhorn is Finkle! and Finkle is Einhorn!). Ergo, in theory, adding ester to creatine will help it absorb. See creatine doesn't absorb all that well...that's part of the reason why the creatine you take today will not be useful until tomorrow or the day after. We actually do make our own as well, but different topic. Creatine doesn't absorb well because of the method by which it is absorbed (passive). This lack of absorbtion is what causes that muscle bloating I've seen mentioned here a few times as well. So this should in theory...reduce some of the water retention we experience.

Now we know why the focus has been on products that help creatine absorb over the last X years. It's like you have a kick ass engine in a bike...but it has shitty tires...so you focus on the tires (delivery/absorbtion method) even though we all like more powerful engines

So that's our theory...but it's just a theory. So according to it, I should say that 'yes, this shit is better'. But my instinct tells me that it's crap. Again, if it really really worked, then I would have heard about it from every nutritional magazine (and those bodybuilding mags are not even close to being considered nutritional info), and it would most likely be made by many different brands, some of which I'd hope to actually hear of. No doubt there's a study out there that proves that it works. There's also a study out there that shows that Boron is proven to raise testosterone levels. And no doubt there's a study out there that shows it doesn't work. I haven't looked for any studies yet and who they are by. Usually you have to dig a lot to find out who really initiated the study. Because a company like EAS will release a product and one of it's subsidiaries-subsidiaries friends cousins moms dog will start the study...but in reality it's being run by EAS. Therefore a company that seems to have no financial interest in EAS actually does, and taints the results.

I am fairly confident that this product will work though. It's still using creatine monohydrate which works, period, end of story. Will it work better is the real question...I'm skeptical for now until I hear otherwise from a source I trust.

Last edited by BIGGY; 04-10-2006 at 11:40 PM.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-11-2006, 12:20 AM

I've heard from a few friends that have tried it that the BSN Creatine Mono is decent stuff, but overpriced for the quality. You can get bulk CEE (Creatine Ethyl-Ester - what Biggy was talking about) for a good price [especially if you browse online, bodybuilding.com etc - although most people like buying products from a store].

Anyways, if you want to stick with Creatine Monohydrate, I hate promoting a GNC product, but I've had a good experience with their Creatine Burst the two times I used it. The amount of water weight you add isn't that bad, but my strength seemed to shoot through the roof relatively quickly [partially probably placebo effect]. You can get it for a pretty decent price too if I recall.

If you're looking for some more info (albeit from some idiots and some guys that actually know what they are talking about), bodybuilding.com's forums seems to be pretty solid when I've browsed through them.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-11-2006, 12:35 AM
Cali's Twisty Tamer

Sportbike: '96 CBR F3
Years Riding: since 98
How you found us: met at Strat's

WOW!!! I just wanna workout and get a little bigger

The optimist believes that we live in the best of all possible worlds...
The pessimist fears this to be true.

<----Shane

Shane's Facebook

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode