Protein and Creatine, when? - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Health & Fitness Talk to fellow members about getting in shape, to diets, to supplements and what does and doesn't work.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-28-2006, 06:16 PM Thread Starter

Sportbike: 2009 Triumph Street Triple R, 2011 Triumph Bonneville SE
Years Riding: 11
How you found us: web search

Protein and Creatine, when?

Always took the old school approach of taking protein within that magic 30-45min window right after working out. When I took creatine I usually took it about 30 min before working out.
Now my problem, I picked up some new creatine, Cellmass. The stuff seems pretty good, it's the new cem3 stuff that really gets soaked up better than the regular creatine. Bit pricey but what the hell. The directions on it say to take one serving in the morning and the other within 25mins after working out. They also stress to try to take it on an empty stomach and not to eat anything a while after taking it. This really blocks out taking the protein within the magic window, wtf! Suggestions?????

Under200
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-28-2006, 06:18 PM

Sportbike: .
Years Riding: .
How you found us: .

It really isn't going to matter at all.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-28-2006, 07:39 PM
Listen to Motley Crue

Sportbike: POSER
Years Riding: 3 Years
How you found us: Shadrach

Hour of power after working out (this is when you want to ingest as much as whatever you can protein/creatine/carbs) but then again not everyone's body reacts the same
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-29-2006, 10:36 AM
Just make it clap!

Sportbike: '03 Ninja ZX-6R
Years Riding: Not Long...
How you found us: google

I was always told Creatine didn't really matter once you are loaded up, but caseine protein (there are two types, i believe this is the faster of the two) should be quickly after and whey (slower of the two) should be taken before bed so it stays in you throughout the night.

Those might be backwards though...

It's not the fall that hurts... it's the sudden stop at the end...
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-29-2006, 10:48 AM
Super Moderator

Sportbike: bikeless
Years Riding: 10
How you found us: Shit, you know I'm a clsb OG!

Send a message via AIM to Vcook
just use pure creatine after your workouts and stop spending so much money on creatine premixed with sugar.

Chris
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-29-2006, 11:50 AM
Listen to Motley Crue

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnitrcr
I was always told Creatine didn't really matter once you are loaded up, but caseine protein (there are two types, i believe this is the faster of the two) should be quickly after and whey (slower of the two) should be taken before bed so it stays in you throughout the night.

Those might be backwards though...

Yup gott em' backwards casein is slower whey is faster
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-29-2006, 11:58 AM
CLSB Pimpologist

Sportbike: K5 Gixxer 750
Years Riding: 9 years but not that many miles....
How you found us: Friend

Send a message via AIM to HEESH
creatine is for cheaters!!!! you like the bloated look huh?

------------------------------------------------
-Heesh

I can't wait for the summer...
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-29-2006, 12:02 PM
Listen to Motley Crue

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEESH
, better stay away from meat, especially steaks too
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-29-2006, 12:36 PM
1 piece at a time

Sportbike: Ninja ZX-6'DinoSaki'
Years Riding: Since I joined!
How you found us: teh intarwebz

Send a message via AIM to hexraptor Send a message via MSN to hexraptor Send a message via Yahoo to hexraptor
Quote:
Originally Posted by HEESH
creatine makes you look fat?...i dont know anything about this stuff, learnin something at least

- Steve
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-29-2006, 12:49 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vcook
just use pure creatine after your workouts and stop spending so much money on creatine premixed with sugar.
No, cellmass by BSN has 0 sugar. That's another reason I chose it. Some of those creatines like that Muscletech celltech shit has like 60gr of sugar, you will become a damn diabetic from that crap, screw that noise.
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-29-2006, 12:57 PM

There is Whey protein Isolate and Whey protein Concentrate. Isolate is the more expensive of the two, but both are needed by your body. An ideal protein supplement will have both. If you use the search button you will find plenty of discussions about creatine.
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-29-2006, 01:02 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagaro4
There is Whey protein Isolate and Whey protein Concentrate. Isolate is the more expensive of the two, but both are needed by your body. An ideal protein supplement will have both. If you use the search button you will find plenty of discussions about creatine.
Yep, I use Muscle Milk and ON Nutrition's liquid amino 2222. The liquid stuff I use when I am in a hurry and don't have time to make a shake. 3 table spoons has a shit load of amino's and 22 gr of protein. Good stuff when you just want to slam something real quick. The muscle milk does have some fat and real sugar in it but as far as shakes go it's the only one I like the taste of enough to take it religiously.

Were is Biggy for his 2 cents when to take protein and creatine?

Under200
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-05-2006, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by under200
Yep, I use Muscle Milk and ON Nutrition's liquid amino 2222. The liquid stuff I use when I am in a hurry and don't have time to make a shake. 3 table spoons has a shit load of amino's and 22 gr of protein. Good stuff when you just want to slam something real quick. The muscle milk does have some fat and real sugar in it but as far as shakes go it's the only one I like the taste of enough to take it religiously.

Were is Biggy for his 2 cents when to take protein and creatine?

Under200
hehe, I didn't realize that anyone still took the ON Amino drink. Though one slight clarification. You said '3 table spoons has a shit load of amino's and 22 gr of protein'. In reality...there's 22grams of aminos in there since aminos are what make up protein (basically the same thing when mixed together).

Yea like a few others said. Creatine is all the same. Here's a comparison for you. Let's assume for a split second that one creatine really is better than another one. Now let's take a nice shiny new gsxr1000 and a gsxr750. You do a few laps around a track on each one. In reality the 1000 is a bit faster...but your times and results will pretty much be the same on both of them. Creatine used to come from like 2 or 3 main distributors in the world. That means that you taking the cheapo stuff (so long as it's actual creatine monohydrate and not phosphate) has a good chance of being the exact same thing as the most expensive crap out there.

In the end there's only a couple things I can say. If something works for you...then take it. Why? Because the mentality that you're taking a better product, works. Don't take something because of the name, because of the following general statement: "All of the nutritional supplements out there are identical." Now yes, something you buy at Walgreens is most likely going to be crap, but if we're not talking cheap generic shit then they are all the same. And I mean all of them. NOW, ON, Twin Labs, EAS. From the cheap to the expensive, they are virtually identical. The products may vary by an ingredient or two but that's it. Oh and the products that put in a ton of extra stuff where you read "OUR PRODUCT IS STUPID FLY CRAZY LOADED WITH SO MUCH TESTOSTERONE BOOSTING THAT YOU'RE GOING TO BE A FRIGGEN HORSE DUDE!!!" Well, those products usually put in so little of yohimbe or whatever other crap they are claiming that it is 99.99% useless to you...in fact there's probably more of the ingredient on the label than in the bottle.

The reason you're taking the MM is a good one...because it tastes good. Take them whenever you want. The creatine can be mixed with the protein, so long as you're not just dumping it right into the shake, but taking it straight from a spoon or dropper if liquid. The creatine you take today, your muscles will only be using much much later. So taking it in the morning or in the afternoon is meaningless to your evening workout.
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-05-2006, 11:05 AM

just my 2 cents on BSN, I've used several other products over the years and tried a BSN stack last year, the results were about the same but what i liked most about it is that it didn't feel like my muscles were retaining water. Like everyone else has stated, bodies react differently to things.
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-05-2006, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibit
just my 2 cents on BSN, I've used several other products over the years and tried a BSN stack last year, the results were about the same but what i liked most about it is that it didn't feel like my muscles were retaining water. Like everyone else has stated, bodies react differently to things.
True as well, one ingredient can make or break a product for you if you have some reactions to it. Let's assume 2 creatine products out on the market. One has 100mg of Vitamin B12 in it (why I don't know, but they'll find some benefit to it), and the other has 100mg of Niacin added. Chance that the Niacin one might give you a flush and you'll find that the combo of the product doesn't work for you. And that's the sad part when they add in the extra stuff with the purpose of simply increasing claims.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode