For the last time, you won't get that big and make your legs thin. - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Health & Fitness Talk to fellow members about getting in shape, to diets, to supplements and what does and doesn't work.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-11-2006, 11:09 AM Thread Starter

For the last time, you won't get that big and make your legs thin.

Stop asking me about Relacore or whatever it's called...it won't help you lose "belly fat". And don't complain to me that you doing 1000 crunches a day is doing nothing for your stomach not getting any smaller. My guess is that the bowflex and weight loss commercials are to blame. I come across more and more people asking me how to burn off fat in their legs, abs, or wherever. The shock on their face when I say: run, jump, swim, sex, x-country ski, or some other activity of your choice (aside from eating more).

I had a guest client the other day who I put through an intense workout. She said she was worried about getting too big and muscular. "Slow down killer, let's not forget that we've gotta prep you by cutting that 40-50lbs of fat off of you before the Ms. Olympia comes calling." And the strange thing is that I've heard that argument many times (usually from women). It's like me learning to ride a motorcycle today and then going to the track and worrying about dragging knee and not having any knee pucks the next day. Aside from the biological reasons of why you will never naturally be even remotely close to being as big as some of the horse sized gals on ESPN bodybuilding shows, we must also remember that up until today you have considered "driving the minivan around and grocery shopping" as your workout.

And one final thing. When you're asking a nutritionist or personal trainer about taking a diet pill, you will probably be asked "What are your workouts like?" (among other questions) An appropriate answer is not "My day is busy, so I haul the kids around, grocery shop, and walk all over the place." See that's everyone...some more than others of course, and unless 'hauling the kids' means that you grab them by the hair in each hand and do walking lunges to the destination, then it's not a workout. Neither is sliding the minivan door closed or pushing that cart around the store. In fact, I give more credit to mall walkers there (which confuse the living hell outta me, can anyone explain how that got started?) And another final response that is not acceptable "I simply have no time." BS. Some of my clients are very high level execs who are very busy, but still find 2-3 days a week to workout. Another couple I had were somehow able to workout 3-4 times a week, for one hour with 6 kids...so let's not play the busy card either
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-11-2006, 11:11 AM
Super Moderator

Sportbike: bikeless
Years Riding: 10
How you found us: Shit, you know I'm a clsb OG!

Send a message via AIM to Vcook
the only people I've ever known to "accidentally" get too muscular were genetic freaks.

Chris
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-11-2006, 11:12 AM
U-P-G-R-A-Y-E-D-D

Sportbike: 04 GSXR6
Years Riding: 2
How you found us: I thought it was a line for muffins

Send a message via AIM to FiReBReTHa
what do you mean?

I read on those pills in the walgreens line that they get rid of belly fat.

Specifically!
like little pill ninjas that go after belly fat and kick its ass.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-11-2006, 11:21 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiReBReTHa View Post
what do you mean?

I read on those pills in the walgreens line that they get rid of belly fat.

Specifically!
like little pill ninjas that go after belly fat and kick its ass.
I'm assuming you're joking?

And Vcook, yea there's some gals out there who in a matter of months will bulk up 'like a guy'. However it's a very very tiny number.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-11-2006, 11:27 AM
BSB > WSBK > MotoGP

Sportbike: '02 GSXR 600 / '98 CBRF3
Years Riding: Since '03
How you found us: Google

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vcook View Post
the only people I've ever known to "accidentally" get too muscular were genetic freaks.
Like Carrottop? That guy is a freak...

Jeff
NESBA #311
'02 GSXR600
'98
Smokin' Joe's F3
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-11-2006, 11:33 AM
Super Moderator

Sportbike: bikeless
Years Riding: 10
How you found us: Shit, you know I'm a clsb OG!

Send a message via AIM to Vcook
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadrach View Post
being on the juice is not an accident

Chris
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-11-2006, 11:43 AM
U-P-G-R-A-Y-E-D-D

Sportbike: 04 GSXR6
Years Riding: 2
How you found us: I thought it was a line for muffins

Send a message via AIM to FiReBReTHa
.....course im..joking...

but yea I am just kiddin round, people just wish it was true and possible, all the results and none of the work.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-11-2006, 11:45 AM

Sportbike: .
Years Riding: .
How you found us: .

The best response to the girls that are afraid to get big...

"Are you scared of work too, because you might get too rich?"
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-11-2006, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadrach View Post
I had no idea what you were talking about so I went to googleimages:

seriously,
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-11-2006, 11:49 AM
[Online]

Sportbike: Multistrada 1100S; CBR600RR
Years Riding: Since 2004
How you found us: CRR

With that pic above you need to mark the thread with "warning, puke alert"

- Stas

Thou shalt not disfigure the soul.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-11-2006, 11:57 AM
OBAMA FTW!!!!1!

Sportbike: Bike less, link to pictures of crashed bike in signature
Years Riding: Riding 3.5 years
How you found us: Hunny's Mom!

Send a message via AIM to .:K2:.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGGY View Post
Stop asking me about Relacore or whatever it's called...it won't help you lose "belly fat". And don't complain to me that you doing 1000 crunches a day is doing nothing for your stomach not getting any smaller. My guess is that the bowflex and weight loss commercials are to blame. I come across more and more people asking me how to burn off fat in their legs, abs, or wherever. The shock on their face when I say: run, jump, swim, sex, x-country ski, or some other activity of your choice (aside from eating more).

I had a guest client the other day who I put through an intense workout. She said she was worried about getting too big and muscular. "Slow down killer, let's not forget that we've gotta prep you by cutting that 40-50lbs of fat off of you before the Ms. Olympia comes calling." And the strange thing is that I've heard that argument many times (usually from women). It's like me learning to ride a motorcycle today and then going to the track and worrying about dragging knee and not having any knee pucks the next day. Aside from the biological reasons of why you will never naturally be even remotely close to being as big as some of the horse sized gals on ESPN bodybuilding shows, we must also remember that up until today you have considered "driving the minivan around and grocery shopping" as your workout.

And one final thing. When you're asking a nutritionist or personal trainer about taking a diet pill, you will probably be asked "What are your workouts like?" (among other questions) An appropriate answer is not "My day is busy, so I haul the kids around, grocery shop, and walk all over the place." See that's everyone...some more than others of course, and unless 'hauling the kids' means that you grab them by the hair in each hand and do walking lunges to the destination, then it's not a workout. Neither is sliding the minivan door closed or pushing that cart around the store. In fact, I give more credit to mall walkers there (which confuse the living hell outta me, can anyone explain how that got started?) And another final response that is not acceptable "I simply have no time." BS. Some of my clients are very high level execs who are very busy, but still find 2-3 days a week to workout. Another couple I had were somehow able to workout 3-4 times a week, for one hour with 6 kids...so let's not play the busy card either
Well said! I hear the excuse from girls all the time that they don't want to get muscular *when* they start working out. Last I checked, complaining about how fat they are hasnít caused them to loose any weight.

<---- Andy

Gear saved my life - there is no luck involved in wearing gear.

Crashed Bike pictures:
https://www.chicagolandsportbikes.com...&postcount=138
https://www.chicagolandsportbikes.com...&postcount=139

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode