Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

Scumburg LifeTime Fitness

909 views 18 replies 14 participants last post by  Muskrat 
#1 ·
Anyone know when the construction of the Men's locker room is gonna be done? i'm a lazy sack and just got back to the gym and didn't see any signs about it.

all's i know its fricken annoying.

ALSO: to the guy on the new RR.. did you know you can park on the sidewalk next to the bike racks instead of taking up a whole parking spot? i'm lazy and don't want to walk far from my car to get into the gym! :laughing

#3 ·
MoparBoyy said:
ALSO: to the guy on the new RR.. did you know you can park on the sidewalk next to the bike racks instead of taking up a whole parking spot? i'm lazy and don't want to walk far from my car to get into the gym! :laughing
What..that guy Tony keeps seeing must have traded in the Gixxer!

#6 ·
MoparBoyy said:
No you can't. :nono

I've parked my bike there before (well, at the Orland Park Lifetime) and they told me that I can't do that.

I'm gonna start going to the Scumburg LTF once my class at Orland is over the end of next month, so you can use the ladies locker room then cuz you'll have an "in". :thumbsup Lots to see in there! :laughing

#7 ·
I believe the locker room will be done this week... a few weeks ago the womens locker room was shut down too and it was for a week... It was a huge pain in the ass since the family locker room is so small... :mad I am just pissed about all the renovations in general... It's a $2 million renovation and it barely makes a difference so far...

I was wondering about where to park the bike... Last summer I saw everyone park their bike by the bike racks, but knowing my luck they'll get pissed if I do it... :(

#8 ·
pinkrider said:
I was wondering about where to park the bike... Last summer I saw everyone park their bike by the bike racks, but knowing my luck they'll get pissed if I do it... :(
Eh...do it. There's NO WAY they'll ticket or tow you. You pay a gajillion dollars to work out there, and they're pretty nice to their members. Until you see a sign there that says "No motorcycles" or they make public announcements (like they do at Orland) then don't worry about it...

#9 ·
Slowass said:
Eh...do it. There's NO WAY they'll ticket or tow you. You pay a gajillion dollars to work out there, and they're pretty nice to their members. Until you see a sign there that says "No motorcycles" or they make public announcements (like they do at Orland) then don't worry about it...

That's a good point... :googlyeye

#10 ·
pinkrider said:
I've been going there (Schaumburg and Bloomingdale) for years and have parked the bike up on the sidewalk near the bike rack everytime. They have never said a thing. It is a more secure spot (with a disc lock), would be hard to carry away the bike cause they would have to lift the bike over the cars parked near the sidewalk or walk it down the sidewalk.

#11 ·
You can for sure bike your bike up on the sidewalk at the Scumburg one. i have been doing it for 3 years now.

sometimes in the summer there is as many has 15 bikes parked there :laughing

the first time i rode my bike there, the guy at the front desk told me to park there, since the parking lot is always overflowing, it frees up one more spot.

Brian, Bloomingdale one is too far for me, scumburg is easy to get too from work to home. and i'm normally there at around 4:15 mon-fri.

#12 ·
Slowass said:
No you can't. :nono

I've parked my bike there before (well, at the Orland Park Lifetime) and they told me that I can't do that.

I'm gonna start going to the Scumburg LTF once my class at Orland is over the end of next month, so you can use the ladies locker room then cuz you'll have an "in". :thumbsup Lots to see in there! :laughing

+1, I saw a guy with a Buell get a ticket at the Warrenville location for parking on the sidewalk in front of the handicapped spots. When I asked the officer what the guy had done, he said that it interfered with handicapped parking. It was total bullshit since the bike was not on the sidewalk in front of the spot but rather in front of the Emergency exit... I guess either way it was a bad place to park. I'd rather take up a full parking spot than end my workout owing Warrenville $100.

#13 ·
Algonquin has parking for motorcycles.

#16 ·
I was at the Scumburg Lifetime last night, and the new facilities are GREAT! New carpet, hardwood floors in the floor exercise area -- tre chic!

BTW, Scumburg has a lot more half-nekkid chicks working out than at Orland, in case anybody cares...Orland has more fat people, so I'm more comfortable there! :jester

#19 ·
Slowass said:
I was at the Scumburg Lifetime last night, and the new facilities are GREAT! New carpet, hardwood floors in the floor exercise area -- tre chic!

BTW, Scumburg has a lot more half-nekkid chicks working out than at Orland, in case anybody cares...Orland has more fat people, so I'm more comfortable there! :jester

warrenville's club just had the same things done... looks okay but i don't know if it was a $2mil improvement

and the scumburg club has the most posers than any ltf in the chicagoland area as i have been at them all when i worked for ltf

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.