Mid Ohio Review...05/10/10 - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

NESBA.com This forum is for talking about Nesba events and for their members to communicate.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-12-2010, 07:34 PM Thread Starter
MajorLeagueRider

Sportbike: Buell
Years Riding: 06/30/2007
How you found us: Visionsports

Talking Mid Ohio Review...05/10/10

GREAT FUN!!!!!!

1st off I want to apologize to Fred, Nesba, and all the A guys for holdin up their 2nd session....Yeah I was the culprit that drew a red flag at the end of the 1st B session....I knew the track was pretty empty (missed the Pit In)

Sorry about that

Now that Thats out the way...

BIG OL THANKS GOES TO beac83...
Craig man, thanks for the ride out there and making everything possible....Great guy, Really great guy

Ok now for the CR's...
I didnt get much work done at this event as far as Towing goes...but it was so packed and so new to everyone I cant cmoplain...all and all I took my baby back home in one piece.

There was Greg, who gave me a couple laps before the end of a session...nice line through T9 and 10 there..

There was a CR on a red Aprillia I'm not sure of his name but i think it was Murff...but anyway, he gave me a good couple tips through T1 and the entrance to the back straight...really helped me...

Matt i think was the other CR...not much to say about him, but i got some thumbs up and he told me to keep working with my body position (which i will surely need to keep doing)

The track itself...again, was fun fun fun...my little Buell (xb12r) took a beating and showed me well...an oil change will be taken into effect A.S.A.P.... iamnotGreg suggest that i get a higher revving machine because i was ringing her out...lol, one day i'll get something else

the carousel was the only place that i really needed help with entering but I tore a$$ on the exit into the front straight...gave some guy on a 1k a real nice run around for a few laps...saw him in the grass later in the day hope all was well with his bike...saw him on a 600 right after. Greg(CR) suggested that i plan ahead more on passing and work on my setting up on exits more so than trying to outrun a 1k @ the same time...I'll have that to work on along with body position for blackhawk when i go back...

thanks again everyone, hope i can remember more names next time around

oh yeah before i forget...i forgot his name, someone on a black r6 had some footage of me...trailmug was all i remember...but he says i had some interesting lines and stuff so when i find the video somewhere i'll post it here and please do, comment and advise me

thanks again for making trackday #2 a success Nesba

you cant ride it like a 1000
you cant ride it like a 600
you just gotta ride it like a BUELL

-Taylor Knapp
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-12-2010, 07:47 PM

Sportbike: drz400sm
Years Riding: yes
How you found us: search engine

thats wat its all about!

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-13-2010, 08:45 AM

Sportbike: SV 650, FZR 400, RM 125
Years Riding: Since 1990
How you found us: Nesba!

Glad you enjoyed it. You've come a long way from the Trackday 101 seminar

Greg K.
STT Staff Member
CCS Expert #12
MSF Instructor

VinylSaurusRex.com - Cyclepath Racing - Safety First Racing - SMR Components - Apexjunkie.com - Yamaha Champions Riding School
"If you're headed toward trees, I'm guessing your on the wrong line." - S. Russell
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-13-2010, 09:22 AM
Fat guy on a sport bike

Sportbike: Schwinn
Years Riding: 7 minutes and 52 seconds
How you found us: ask.com

I had a blast out there as well. The morning was a little bit slick, but by the afternoon it began to get real interesting. I was concentrating on trying to improve my body position and continue to hit the same exact spots on the track every time. The track had its congestion at times (15-20 riders approaching the front straight at the same exact time) and some people were making some questionable passes. Instead of trying to go through what I evaluated as a bad situation, I decided to hot pit a couple times and had some clear roads or at least some better opportunities to practice passing under safer conditions.

Thanks to all the CRs and iamnotgreg for getting some good footage!
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-13-2010, 01:52 PM

Sportbike: 2003 Aprilia Mille R Colin Edwards / 01-02 Ninj ZX6r Tracktoy / 2003 SV650
Years Riding: 12
How you found us: some guy at the IBM credit union told me about it

Finally got her out there

This was my bike

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode