POST: 4/16-4/17 Blackhawk Weekend / TeamGoFast report - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

NESBA.com This forum is for talking about Nesba events and for their members to communicate.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 78 (permalink) Old 04-17-2005, 08:35 PM Thread Starter
YO MAMA

Sportbike: 2010 Electra Glide Police Edition 103cu
Years Riding: a long time!

well i will try to make this small and sweet cause i am tired, and the wife wants me soon!

anyway, it was a great weekend!!!!
i distroyed a rear tire in 60 laps!

anyway, there was some FAST guys out there and a hand FULL of AMA riders, that were HAULING SOME MAJOR ASS!!!!!
some made some shitty moves passing others, others did AWESOME passes.
regaurdless it was fun watching them blow by you like your a fucken retard with your retard helmet on

well i went into this track day think? its been since sept of 04 since ive ridden, and stoped cause i had to fix my ride after my nasty lil crash.

all i wanted to do was get a 1:22 and be averaging 25's to start!
so i mounted some fresh tires and front pads, went out there 1/2 a day getting my legs back on, then started turning it up. i felt i got all my bugs worked out.

sunday: i said lets go baby, and started running average 22/21's got a couple 19's THEN BAM! 1:18.90

got the 2nd 18 so far there, i only hit it a few times late last year, and the 1st weekend out i hit a 18 mark.

BUT i still have a ways to go, i feel like i can do so much better and to tell you the truth, those NEW Dunlop GP american made ones tear up just as bad as the british ones did.

but they are cheaper, my front 208 is fine, so next time i go out ill just slap a new rear on, and throw them away when garbage, and then BACK to slicks for this boy!!!!

so thats my story.

highlights:

Odysseys: records fastest lap for TeamGofast this weekend? "can we comfirm this?

JimGoFast: getting alot faster with his new bike i can tell, like i said homie ill work with you more as you want with the suspension.

Kruz, this boy has grown a pair of balls over the winter! as he was riding more agressive, and i liked it dude!!!!

NONE TGF members that hung with us the whole weekend was underdog!

fun weekend brother! and for as much as you call yourself a monkey, you have the heart of a lion bro, keep up the good work!

it was so nice seeing all the people i did this weekend, faces from last year with nesba felt like it wasnt last year.

rock on all of there great people i saw this weekend, CLSB members, and NESBA members!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 78 (permalink) Old 04-17-2005, 08:35 PM Thread Starter
YO MAMA

p.s. i didnt spell check so blow me.

post #3 of 78 (permalink) Old 04-17-2005, 08:43 PM
"PC" ,my balls

Sportbike: '02 GSXR1000 (street),'02 GSXR600 (track),'94CR125 (dirt), 3x pocketbikes (oval), KTMs x 3
Years Riding: 20 years
How you found us: Google search

Good time today, except for when my bike fell off that POS rear stand.

Finally grew a set and got the bump to "I". Had a stopwatch on me and was running 1:24.XX

Good to see everyone after a long winter.

My wife thinks we're a bunch of Top Gun wannabes with our call signs, so for future reference, I'm Roger

I've done some things I'm not proud of...and the things I am proud of are disgusting - Moe on the Simpsons
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 78 (permalink) Old 04-17-2005, 09:18 PM
Jim
Tgf Og

Sportbike: trek
Years Riding: 2
How you found us: the smell

What a way to start the year!!!!!
First let me say there is nothing better then after a long winter, meeting up at the track and hangin with your buds. For the middle of April the weather was perfect, middle 70's and partly sunny to cloudy. TeamGoFast was a half staff for the first event, missing Jeff,Keith and Brent (though brent road up on his street bike ). But Ken,John,Shannon,Sam and I where there in full effect and having a good time.
Saturday morning started out well, Ken,John,sam and I took our time getting the feel back for the track, while Shannon did his best to check the health of benders colon, by raming into the back of him , both stayed upright and continued on. 3rd session out Ken and John got seperated from Sam and I. Sam and I had a good battle with him riding my tail for 5 or 6 laps till i went down one to many gears for 7 and he got by me he got a 7-8 bike lead on me going into 1 and i had caught back up to him by six but could not get by him sam was riding good. After Lunch our man Shannon (Ytrap) got his bumb to I . He's taking well to the 9r and looking good!!!
Sunday came with a bit a rain in the morning, we sat out the first session and Ken and Kruz went out for the second one. it was cool to see Kruz battling all i can SAY IS ITS ABOUT TIME!!! Kruz has grone some gonads and is passing people!! had fun dicing it up with him and chasing him after he passed me!
Cant forget to mention the EMR though he wasnt so evil, Patrick mucho gracias for the cervesas and that is one nice pink back protector you where wearing!! Good times bro good times.
Special props go out to Nesba for a great weekend, there where some fast mofo's out there this weekend but all where quite polite on the track.
Looking forward to the next event
JimGoFast

Join the NRA, help protect our Second Amendment rights
GO Bears!!!!!!!!
post #5 of 78 (permalink) Old 04-17-2005, 09:23 PM
I break everything!

Sportbike: SV650S, ZX6R, GSXR600
Years Riding: Since 04/2003
How you found us: Google

Beginner session was a fuckin crashfest, especially on Sunday from what I witnessed...

Very first session out on Sunday about 3 or 4 laps in, I was right behind a guy on a yellow GSXR and we were following some slower riders, going into turn 6 the guy didn't anticipate people slowing down so much and ran into the back wheel of another guy, flipped himself over and landed in the middle of the track and I had to run off the track to keep from running over the guy.

The very next session, exact same corner, a diff guy also binned it for the exact same reason, didn't brake hard enough to avoid running into the slower newbies in front of him. He didn't hit anyone but lowsided it on the outside of turn 6. Both guys looked like they locked up the rear wheel too, smoke pouring off the back of the tire before they crashed.

There's way too big a difference in speed in the B group, the faster beginners are running like mid-high 25's and the slower guys running as slow as like 50's. Can't run a single goddamn lap without getting stuck behind someone, and the guys on the liter bikes put so much distance on me at the end of the straights that I'm too big a wimp to pass em on the brakes. And people start getting impatient and we end up with crashes like what I mentioned above.

I wish I could run 1:18's hehe... My personal best is only a 1:29 with some minor traffic, I think I coulda made high 1:27's if I had a clear enough track, and probably even better if I weren't just following people the entire two days. Man I really just need to learn how to pass better

Jon Gu
CCS AM/NESBA #276
post #6 of 78 (permalink) Old 04-17-2005, 09:24 PM

Sportbike: '14 BMW S1000R, '06 Triumph Scrambler / '06 BMW R1200GSA
Years Riding: Long time...
How you found us: VTR 996 - in '02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odysseys
p.s. i didnt spell check so blow me.

Maybe later, but right now let's recap the day.

After starting off miserably both days, I finally recorded some fast laps on the last session of the day (Sunday). If my piece of $h*t XT lap timer is correct, a 1:18:57 and a 1:18:62. best previous time was mid-nineteens last year. So, no complaints. (If I ever learn how to get some drive out of turn 7, I might actually start going fast).

But frankly, that's all beside the point. The best part of the weekend was seeing so many good guys out at the track. The getting together and hanging out part has become half the fun.

Tom / '06 Triumph Scrambler / '06 BMW R1200GSA / 1969 Honda Mini-Trail / '14 BMW S1000R
post #7 of 78 (permalink) Old 04-17-2005, 09:29 PM
Jim
Tgf Og

Quote:
Originally Posted by vimkgt

Beginner session was a fuckin crashfest, especially on Sunday from what I witnessed...

Very first session out on Sunday about 3 or 4 laps in, I was right behind a guy on a yellow GSXR and we were following some slower riders, going into turn 6 the guy didn't anticipate people slowing down so much and ran into the back wheel of another guy, flipped himself over and landed in the middle of the track and I had to run off the track to keep from running over the guy.

so that was you sitting out in the grass waiting for the ok to go??? , that was me on the dirt bike telling you to go.

GO Bears!!!!!!!!
post #8 of 78 (permalink) Old 04-17-2005, 09:30 PM
CLSB's Florida Chapter.

Sportbike: Ducati
Years Riding: 3 days
How you found us: unemployment office

Send a message via AIM to MoparBoyy
Ken, I was there on sunday.... i would assume you knew that was me that hit ya.. i walked around for awhile and coun't find you anywere.. i was up there for about an hour then headed back home, at that point i was on the bike for about 4 hours already and needed to get home.. Didn't see you running out there.. but there were some damn fast guys out there.

-Mopar

1997 Dodge Viper GTS
2013 Dodge Dart Rallye
post #9 of 78 (permalink) Old 04-17-2005, 09:30 PM
Jim
Tgf Og

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kneeinpain
Maybe later, but right now let's recap the day.

Quote:
But frankly, that's all beside the point. The best part of the weekend was seeing so many good guys out at the track. The getting together and hanging out part has become half the fun.

GO Bears!!!!!!!!
post #10 of 78 (permalink) Old 04-17-2005, 09:30 PM
I break everything!

Hahaha, yeah that was me, I remember last time I was at Blackhawk they said at the riders meeting to never get back on the track until a corner worker waves you back on and that guy was just ignoring me the whole time

Jon Gu
CCS AM/NESBA #276
post #11 of 78 (permalink) Old 04-17-2005, 09:39 PM Thread Starter
YO MAMA

vimkgt , that was ohfugit that nailed the bike parker, cut him some slack.

also too ya dork, after you run off YOU GET BACK ON, not stay there and sun bath

also too you think A and runing 18's doesnt have its problems with traffic? youll figure it out when you get there and see what we are talking about, but glad you had fun bro.

Tom, wish i could have meet up with you more out there i reall need to start remembering who is whos #'s

mopar, AHHH that was you!

also yeah i was done for the day as my rear wasnt giving me the traction i needed. my 9r is a tire killer

ahhh time to go to bed, and BEG for a back rub and blow job

Last edited by Odysseys; 04-18-2005 at 10:08 PM.
post #12 of 78 (permalink) Old 04-17-2005, 09:50 PM
I break everything!

Ah, didn't know it was a CLSB guy, I talked to him for a couple of mins after he crashed in the pits. That highside definately sucked, but I was relieved to see him get up after a few seconds when I was sunbathing

Traffic is inevitable for sure, but I'm just complaining now cuz I've done enough track days that I'm running toward the front of the beginner group instead of the back. It was a lot easier to be one of the slowest guys out there, then nothing was holding me back but myself. I can't wait untill the day I get bumped to Intermediate, then I can be the traffic again instead of having problems with it

Jon Gu
CCS AM/NESBA #276
post #13 of 78 (permalink) Old 04-17-2005, 09:56 PM Thread Starter
YO MAMA

i hear ya brother we all go threw this

here is my tire now that i think about it, like i think dano was saying although he is ALOT faster then me about there grip, i did about 60 laps althought the tire is alittle fucked in appearance the grip is not there on the right side , i have ridden on a badder tires then this before doing 19-22 no problem, so i think these newer GP's has a shoter life span with traction.

although IF it makes a differance i used tire warmers the whole weekend but in essense that should HELP them, so i dont know.

but i know my riding style has alot fo go, and some more rear suspension adjustments, i JUST LOVE my front! the tires always looks smooth and no matter so far how bad i stick it, or break late to trail breaking, my front suspension like me

here is that rear tire.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC01116.JPG (102.9 KB, 61 views)

Last edited by Odysseys; 04-17-2005 at 09:59 PM.
post #14 of 78 (permalink) Old 04-17-2005, 10:05 PM

Yep this weekend Rocked Met a few new faces RonHix was railin, and get this, Makes the I bump on his 1st ever track day!! I myself made the bump and turned a respectable 1:23 Butch and I had a few hundred too many beers Fri night and I payed for it Sat afternoon heavily. Thanks to all who showed up for moral support. Mopar passed me on the way home like I was parked, I was doin 80 with the top down with the 9 on a trailer

Last edited by YTRAP; 04-17-2005 at 10:11 PM.
post #15 of 78 (permalink) Old 04-17-2005, 10:10 PM
Who's faster Lupi

Sportbike: 2004 ZX10R & 2005 CRF50
Years Riding: 20
How you found us: SBN

damn missed out on another good day glad you all had fun. I did too just not on my bike. Matty and I played ball and worked in the garage all day. Played some video games too. Was good for me.

NESBA #456 Intermediate
Always 1 step ahead of Lupi. 1:24:7 BHF
And 1 step behind Kimmy

"SoB gets to spend yet ANOTHER season faster than me." -LUPI-
post #16 of 78 (permalink) Old 04-17-2005, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YTRAP
RonHix was railin, and get this, Makes the I bump on his 1st ever track day!!
Wow Ron .... lovin the f4i, huh?

Ytrap .... nice paint on the 9! I have never seen it look so good
post #17 of 78 (permalink) Old 04-17-2005, 10:26 PM
BEER!

Sportbike: '01 SV650S (Pokey!) '02 Honda CR125 (Blockhead)
Years Riding: 5

Send a message via AIM to Grover
Quote:
Traffic is inevitable for sure, but I'm just complaining now cuz I've done enough track days that I'm running toward the front of the beginner group instead of the back. It was a lot easier to be one of the slowest guys out there, then nothing was holding me back but myself. I can't wait untill the day I get bumped to Intermediate, then I can be the traffic again instead of having problems with it
You probably should have discussed this with the control riders while you were still there. I got to that point but started going to other tracks and racing. NESBA's main goal out there is to facilitate its members having a fun time. If you aren't having fun, you need to tell them so they can fix it. Blackhawk is the worst for this because of its size and popularity. You don't find it as often at Putnam or Road America.

NESBA/CCS #142
AIM: GroverSV650S
Dirtbikes are not submarines
post #18 of 78 (permalink) Old 04-17-2005, 10:43 PM

Sportbike: R6, SV1000s, rm250
Years Riding: since 2001 in socal
How you found us: team chicago

Quote:

The very next session, exact same corner, a diff guy also binned it for the exact same reason, didn't brake hard enough to avoid running into the slower newbies in front of him. He didn't hit anyone but lowsided it on the outside of turn 6. Both guys looked like they locked up the rear wheel too, smoke pouring off the back of the tire before they crashed.

There's way too big a difference in speed in the B group, the faster beginners are running like mid-high 25's and the slower guys running as slow as like 50's. Can't run a single goddamn lap without getting stuck behind someone, and the guys on the liter bikes put so much distance on me at the end of the straights that I'm too big a wimp to pass em on the brakes. And people start getting impatient and we end up with crashes like what I mentioned above.

I wish I could run 1:18's hehe... My personal best is only a 1:29 with some minor traffic, I think I coulda made high 1:27's if I had a clear enough track, and probably even better if I weren't just following people the entire two days. Man I really just need to learn how to pass better
Great to meet some team gofast guys Saturday night. Thanks for the hospitality! Wow, mid-high 25's from beginners that's awesome! I started out the day in the beginner group. After two sessions of following the lead CR from beginner I got bumped up to "I"
It was a great day for riding and a pleasure to meet you all. I was pitted with team MSB racing (guys I normally ride with up here) and one of our faster "Advanced" riders ran a couple of 1:17's and even a 1:15 or two on a ZX-6R. We all had a blast and I hope to see and meet more of you all in the future.

Last edited by Superspud needs his med's; 04-18-2005 at 08:35 AM.
post #19 of 78 (permalink) Old 04-17-2005, 10:49 PM
Bop your way home...

Sportbike: Hypermotard
Years Riding: since 99'
How you found us: Googled "bullshit artists"

Guess I missed a great weekend, I'll be there next month though.

-Alan-
Balancing the Paradox
of Art and Profit
post #20 of 78 (permalink) Old 04-17-2005, 10:51 PM
I break everything!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSpud
Great to meet some team gofast guys Saturday night. Thanks for the hospitality! Wow, mid-high 25's from beginners that's awesome! I started out the day in the beginner group. After two sessions of following the lead CR from beginner I got bumped up to "I"
Woops, I meant to say mid-high 20's as in... 26-29's

Jon Gu
CCS AM/NESBA #276
post #21 of 78 (permalink) Old 04-17-2005, 10:57 PM

Sportbike: R6, SV1000s, rm250
Years Riding: since 2001 in socal
How you found us: team chicago

Quote:
Woops, I meant to say mid-high 20's as in... 26-29's
cool, I wasn't quite sure what you meant but I'd be happy running anything in the 20's. Guess I need to shell out for a lap timer to see how slow I am.
post #22 of 78 (permalink) Old 04-17-2005, 10:58 PM
BSB > WSBK > MotoGP

Sportbike: '02 GSXR 600 / '98 CBRF3
Years Riding: Since '03

Damn....I missed everything I can't wait to sell this house so I can afford to get back out on the track.

Jeff
NESBA #311
'02 GSXR600
'98
Smokin' Joe's F3
post #23 of 78 (permalink) Old 04-18-2005, 02:31 AM
Got my new Ride......

Sportbike: YZ250, GSX-R750 K1, ZX-7R (RIP)
Years Riding: Since I was about 10 yrs old
How you found us: JimGoFast

Good time as everyone said.

Good to re-unite with TeamGoFast (even though a few of us were missing).

Weather was perfect Saturday & put in some good lap times right from the start. Should be an interesting year as everyone seems to be getting in their groove right away

Looking forward to the next track day already

- Sam
NESBA #749
post #24 of 78 (permalink) Old 04-18-2005, 07:37 AM

Sportbike: Kawi ZX-10R
Years Riding: Since February 2012
How you found us: NESBA bbs

Send a message via Yahoo to Chills
I'm glad you all had such a great time. I'm also glad the weather cooperated.

I know my fellow TGF members missed me, but I'll be back out there in a couple of months. Shannon, I hope I can keep up with you!

Never a bad time to climb... unless the weather is really horrible, and then you climb inside!

I bleed GREEN
post #25 of 78 (permalink) Old 04-18-2005, 08:00 AM

Sportbike: A weed wacker
Years Riding: Just started today as a matter of fact..
How you found us: A dream I had once

Send a message via MSN to JRSMAIL
It was fun watching. There were some fast MowFO's there.

Jon
MSF Instructor

<---- Useless

Always Stand For What You Believe In... Even If Means You Stand Alone...
post #26 of 78 (permalink) Old 04-18-2005, 08:12 AM

Sportbike: 08 YZ250F, 03 Tuono
Years Riding: Eh?
How you found us: .

Great weekend everyone! Thanks to TeamGoFast for the hospitality - despite what I might say behind your backs, you clowns are alright.

Congrats to everyone that got the bump! Best I can recall the "I" group now gets to play with:

- YTRAP
- Ronhix
- Bluebusa (Roger)
- Superspud
- kc6 (?) I know you were testing that last session...and you were flying so I assume you got it?

Some of the less fortunate out there (who I'm happy to say will all live to pass me again)

- ButchF
- Ofugit
- Farmboy
- Others?

...and finally for the Mods that left their stones (and skills) at home:

- Underdog

Thanks again everyone. Had a great time, and it was great to meet some new folk. Looking forward to the next time!

<---- Patrick

Property of Evil Monkey Racing

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.

post #27 of 78 (permalink) Old 04-18-2005, 08:31 AM

WOW! This was my first track day...and I'm definatly hooked. KC6 and I went up together, and both had a blast. I'm going to sign up for the May Blackhawk run as soon as I'm done with this post..LOL

It seems like there are a lot of complaints about traffic...and I couldn't agree more. The last three runs KC6 & I were trying to get bumped up...and things would be fantastic until we made it around to everyone else. I guess that's something I'll have to work on....negotiating traffic. Any advice?

Don't know lap times, cause I don't have a lap timer...but the control rider in front of me on my best run was running 1:24's .... So I would assume I was around there somewhere.

Thanks for everyones help!
post #28 of 78 (permalink) Old 04-18-2005, 08:54 AM
BEER!

Sportbike: '01 SV650S (Pokey!) '02 Honda CR125 (Blockhead)
Years Riding: 5

Send a message via AIM to Grover
Quote:
Originally Posted by WELEPRO
It seems like there are a lot of complaints about traffic...and I couldn't agree more. The last three runs KC6 & I were trying to get bumped up...and things would be fantastic until we made it around to everyone else. I guess that's something I'll have to work on....negotiating traffic. Any advice?

Thanks for everyones help!
Best advice I can give is just talk to the CRs and telling them you aren't having any fun. They'll take the hint and check you out. B group has new passing rules that weren't in effect last year, allowing more opportunities. Coming out of T5 is a good place to pass, but you can't be on the person's butt or you'll be going through at their cornerspeed vs. yours. If they have more horsepower, you probably won't get a chance to safely pass. Other options:

1.) try other tracks. It forces you to slow down, still fun, exposes you to other types of corners.
2.) racing. It's a whole heaping helping of humble pie. 1:25:XX on an SV can is easily an "I" bump, good chance for an "A" bump (if you are super smooth and consistent). In racing, that's not even an amateur top 7 in lightweight supersport.

NESBA/CCS #142
AIM: GroverSV650S
Dirtbikes are not submarines
post #29 of 78 (permalink) Old 04-18-2005, 09:12 AM

Sportbike: 05 CRF50
Years Riding: "Since 1992"
How you found us: You found me

What a weekend...what a great feeling driving home after such a great opening weekend.

I was exhausted for sure, but not nearly as bad as last year. I really believe that getting my strength back over the winter and losing a few inches off the waistline are the reasons I rode so much better. My suit was more comfortable and I could muscle the bike around much better.

Ken...you never showed us your 18 so its not official biaatch.

For the record....this was the first trackday in quite a while where a TeamGoFast member was unable to pass me. (First lap of T2 or T3 does not count nor does motoring me on the straight)

It was nice to be the hunter and not the hunted...even if just for one day.
post #30 of 78 (permalink) Old 04-18-2005, 09:32 AM Thread Starter
YO MAMA

Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC01122.JPG (117.8 KB, 63 views)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode