Chicagoland Sportbikes

NESBA.com This forum is for talking about Nesba events and for their members to communicate.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-10-2005, 02:31 PM Thread Starter
YO MAMA

Sportbike: 2010 Electra Glide Police Edition 103cu
Years Riding: a long time!

well what a WEIRD fucken weekend.

me and jim went up there ot kick some ass and have some fun, both me and him by 3pm were packed up and calling it a day.

we both have on soft to medium compound tires that already had a few track days on em, and making the choice of not putting on our fresh rubber to get fucked up on putnams track was a hard one so we said, fuck it and we will go for the blackhawks and autobahn to use our tires on.

i forgot what jim got, but i heard it was his best time yet there...maybe something like a 20. somthing?

me well i dont fucken have a clue, they had the beacon in a weird spot, and i barley got any lap times to register.
i got a few 20's and 21's, but jim can say for sure, the other laps that were getting i had easy 19's and i bet i even busted a 18 no doubt, but who will know cause my darn thing didnt catch em. but last time i was which was the 1st time ever there, i pulled 18's on a wet track.

anyway so we packed it up, and eat like kings, and drank like winos at the ramada while we laughed our ass;s off with listening to the locals to kareokee.

hey BUTCH i hope you didnt get to fucked up last night, i know you said you WANTED to ride

Patrick, how ya feeling today? sore? that sucks about the bike, but glad your perfectly fine and now you know what it feels like to crash at what ever speed you were at.

me, right now....i am thinking of getting another track bike..maybe a 636?
gotta itch right now for 1

anyway, GREAT times, this weekend.

and Jim, it was fun bro

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-10-2005, 06:07 PM
Jim
Tgf Og

Sportbike: trek
Years Riding: 2
How you found us: the smell

well, I forgot how much fun that track is and how much fun you can have when your not worried about what everyone else is doing out there. In the morning sessions I took Leen (Lane for us english folks) aka Factory Rod and showed him some faster lines around the track, he went from a 1:26 to a 1:22 following me before I started to wick it up myself. I ran a 1.20.88 for a best lap time for me at Putnam, I had alot more in me but after lunch the clouds moved out and the HEAT moved in. when that happen the track just ripped up the tires. Like ken said, we chose not to mount new tires only to destroy them on sunday and opted to save them for our next track weekend.
We packed up and went to Ricks Steakhouse in Cloverdale, highly recommend that for your next visit to Putnam, good steaks, good desert and fresh greens
After that it was back to the Hotel to kill some time in the pool before our night out on the town Ken, as we discussed 636 would be cool but a 750 may fit better, id see if you could get a ride on both before deciding!

Then it was Karaoke at the Ramada, man I could go down there just for that, what a Riot, and Elvis wasnt even there! Ken, bro good fun weekend man

as for kens lap times i can say he was definetly in the 19's maybe 18 but i cant say 18s forsure 19's yeah. I ran a bunch of high 20's but mostly consistent 21's

bring on black hawk

Join the NRA, help protect our Second Amendment rights
GO Bears!!!!!!!!
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-10-2005, 06:08 PM
Jim
Tgf Og

oh yeah butch??? I called the alcohol abuse cops on you when you didnt drink that last beer i bought you!!!!

GO Bears!!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-10-2005, 06:15 PM Thread Starter
YO MAMA

Sportbike: 2010 Electra Glide Police Edition 103cu
Years Riding: a long time!

yeah it was a fun ass weekend, thats for sure!

jim can you do me a favor?

i want to upgrade my lap timer.

can ya give me some links to some of the cool shit TGF has found?
on our site or here just let me know.

also bump that thread you were talking about with the pic, thanks homie.

post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-10-2005, 06:45 PM
Jim
Tgf Og

here is the lap timer info, we got them from dano

http://www.aimsports.com/products/tg/index.html

we got the battery powered one because the hardwired ones where on back order. id a prefered the hard wired one but the one i got Rocks!!!

GO Bears!!!!!!!!
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-10-2005, 07:34 PM

Sportbike: A weed wacker
Years Riding: Just started today as a matter of fact..
How you found us: A dream I had once

Send a message via MSN to JRSMAIL
Congrats guys, Everyone had fun

Jon
MSF Instructor

<---- Useless

Always Stand For What You Believe In... Even If Means You Stand Alone...
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-11-2005, 07:59 AM

Sportbike: 08 YZ250F, 03 Tuono
Years Riding: Eh?
How you found us: .

Thanks Ken... still a little stiff from the ill-advised barrel roll, but I think I'll pull through and be just as ugly as ever. The bike on the other hand... well let's just say we can re-build it - we have the technology!

Thanks for everyone that helped me out. BIG thanks to Brian (bmoney) for the laughs, the lift, and the post-getoff assist. Had a great time inspite of the short day. Those that I saw out there looked great! CLSB was representing well as usual.

Congratulations to danch for the bump. Of course I say this tongue in cheek as I'm insanely jealous ( )...but congrats where congrats are due.

Thanks again for the help everyone. NESBA continues to prove themselves as a standup organization. Looking forward to zip tying the pile together and getting back out there SOON!

<---- Patrick

Property of Evil Monkey Racing

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.

post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-11-2005, 10:29 AM

Sportbike: none...all gone
Years Riding: a while
How you found us: ken

Wow

What to say, but Saturday nite hurt!
Jim, I had no clue I left behind a cold one. Of course, I had no clue about anything by then. Just name your poison next time its on me.

Ken, thanks for getting me safely across the street. Did I fall out of your van?

Patrick, so sorry for your get off. I know you'll be back even stronger.

As for me, I signed up Sunday. Rode the 1st session just to clear some cob webs out and pulled in early feeling good. Then the crash fest started in "I". Two red flags their 1st session and two more their 2nd session. As Fred and I picked up the "Kawasaki yard sale" off turn 1, the EMT's were putting splints on the riders leg and hands. This was a bad one folks. The track manager stated "this has got to stop". The rider was transported to the hospital and had nobody with him at the track. Broken leg and broke both hands. They kept him overnite 'cause nobody was there to get him home.

Lesson here folks---don't do track days alone. Friends at the track can only do so much for you. Either make sure someone can drive your stuff home or at least can get ahold of your emergency contacts.

After this crash recovery experience, I guess my head got f'd up. I skipped my next session and waited for the 3rd which came after lunch. All was good until the faster traffic caught up with me. the first couple of passes didn't bother me at all then one guy passed me when I was picking up my pace. He passed real clean but my head went into over load. The next thing I knew I couldn't see the lines, everything looked like it was upside down, and I caught myself closing my eyes around a corner. I couldn't pit out any quicker and I was totally freaked. Made pit out just in time only to pull up to my pit shaking like a leaf. Done for the day but safe.
By the end of the day I started feeling much better and thought I'd go out for the last session as most had already packed up. Well that was the thought when CR Tom came riding up to my pit during last "A" to tell me Chris went down.
He's all good when Fred and I get there with the crash Jeep. Hell he was already making jokes with the corner workers. Big hug from Dad before we loaded that "punk-ass" on the trailer. Damn that was hard on an old guys heart. I'll wait until my head gets straight before I ride again.

Enough of that story.

Hey people, new guy in "A". Way to go KC6, Kevin.
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-11-2005, 10:53 AM
kc6
I'm mad bro

Sportbike: butter churn
Years Riding: Lots
How you found us: Googled "bullshit artists"

Had a great time at Putnam once again! I don't know why but its like a mini vacation when I go to putnam, more so than other tracks. Saturday night hangin with the Nesba family is always a blast, and Sunday was great riding and hangin out. The 4 red flags in the first 2 sessions was CRAZY! hope that never happens again. Before lunch I broke into the 1:18s and was offered a bump to "A" which I happily accepted. Had a great time in A group, much more flowing, and was playing cat and mouse with my buddy Cyril on his CBR1000RR for a while. Chris played CR with me (thanks Chris!!) in A group to help me quicken my pace, but I was just getting too tired at that point, and I sat out the last session. Chris low-sided at the bus stop last session, but thankfully he was okay and his usual grin was back without delay.

Great weekend, my best one yet this year, and I've really come to appreciate the whole Nesba experience. The friends I've made at the track are great people, and each time out I meet more and it gets better and better. I'm really going to miss being so far away in a couple weeks. I'll still make it to putnam as its close to Ohio, but Blackhawk is gonna be a lil harder to get to. But as I was driving home from Putnam this weekend I thought: hey, if Tom and Carol larson can drive all those long hours to ride, so can I. GOOD TIMES!!

Kevin

Ask me how to get a free kick in the teeth!
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-11-2005, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog

Congratulations to danch for the bump. Of course I say this tongue in cheek as I'm insanely jealous ( )...but congrats where congrats are due.
Thank you! I'm sure you'll be joining the I party soon enough - you were moving real well 'till the Dead Bear Bit.

Congrats to KC as well - no surprise at all to anyone who's been watching your last few days.

Butch - it was good to see you out there again, even if it was just a couple of sessions. It always takes a while to shake that kind of memory loose and get things to quite down so that you're comfortable again.
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-11-2005, 02:23 PM

Attached Images
File Type: jpg phuck.JPG (16.5 KB, 41 views)

<---- Patrick

post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-11-2005, 02:28 PM

Sportbike: yz250f
Years Riding: 25 years
How you found us: dont recall

bondo?????

Mike

When the tailgate drops..the bullshit stops
Hunt ethically - Hunt with a trained Retriever !
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-11-2005, 03:35 PM
I break everything!

Sportbike: SV650S, ZX6R, GSXR600
Years Riding: Since 04/2003
How you found us: Google

Oopps... now ur bike looks just like mine after BHF

Jon Gu
CCS AM/NESBA #276
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-11-2005, 03:40 PM
habitual line stepper

Sportbike: F4,Brutale,Warrior,DRZ
Years Riding: X

Send a message via AIM to Jack
Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog
Oops. That's looks like a crispy stunta machine!

I remember when mine looked like that at MAM. I had people walking bike looking at pieces and wondering if that would fit on their bike. I'm like WTF???
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-11-2005, 04:39 PM

Yeah, our very own JimGoFast was hovering around my minty pile like a vulture all afternoon. I can't prove it, but I think he went out to the corner after the sessions and harvested all the parts I couldn't find!

<---- Patrick

post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-11-2005, 04:44 PM
Jim
Tgf Og

Offer still stands patrick. 3 grand and your bike for my beautiful bike!!!

GO Bears!!!!!!!!
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-11-2005, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimGoFast
Offer still stands patrick. 3 grand and your bike for my beautiful bike!!!
After serious consideration of your kind offer - I have arrived at the following conclusion:

(but I still want all your spare parts!!)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pissonTGF.jpg (29.0 KB, 4 views)

<---- Patrick

post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-11-2005, 06:07 PM
kc6
I'm mad bro

Sportbike: butter churn
Years Riding: Lots
How you found us: Googled "bullshit artists"

Quote:
Originally Posted by danch
Congrats to KC as well - no surprise at all to anyone who's been watching your last few days.
thanks, and congrats to you as well! I've been tryin to soak up all the help CR's and other riders have given me, and trying to put it to use too. I've been told its tough to spot me on the track, with the bright white leathers and all

Kevin

Ask me how to get a free kick in the teeth!
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-11-2005, 08:45 PM

Hey guys, my sales manager Patrick (not Underdog) was up there Saturday on his R1 and he had a great time. He was really impressed with how professional and smooth everything went. Just thought you'd like to know.

Patrick (Underdog), sorry to hear about your get off but at least it's better to do it on the track...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode