Post Autobahn South 10/8-10 - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

NESBA.com This forum is for talking about Nesba events and for their members to communicate.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-09-2005, 10:38 PM Thread Starter
Slow Old Guy.

Sportbike: Inline Two Wheeled
Years Riding: Since the beginning of time
How you found us: Dan Ortega sent me

Post Autobahn South 10/8-10

Well folks, a great showing by CLSBers at the Autobahn yesterday and today. It was great to see so many faces and to match some more faces with board names.

It looked like everyone was having a great time, and you just couldn't ahve asked for better weather that we got today. Yesterday was a little chilly, but today was perfect.

I'd like to thank Kruz & Butch & Ron for all the help with my brakes today. I think that today... it shoulda been spelled "breaks" because they did, but hey, always have to have something new to learn.

I am really looking forward to tomorrow, and based on the way the parking lot looked tonight when I left Autobahn, it will be a farily empty track tomorrow. Great for me to work on getting my form, my line and my smoothness.

Wish you guys were gonna be there tomorrow. Anyhow, it was good to see everyone and it was good that we made it through another day with no red flags.

Wink

===========
Great Quote - One would think that the Secret Service was smart enough to get serviced secretly.

MotoVid hasbeen
NESBA hasbeen

CCS neverbeen
WERA neverbeen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-10-2005, 09:50 AM
Chief Apex Inspector

Sportbike: The Bird is the *word* - XX
Years Riding: Lots
How you found us: Stuck on the bottom of my race boot.......

A great time ..... a great weekend.

You ever find those batteries Wink ?

Tom

T2
It's ALL between the ears.....
NESBA Midwest CR #82 ( Hey - T2! ) Retired ?
FJR and a Big Red Wing-Thing
BLARNEY's GARAGE
post #3 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-10-2005, 10:01 AM
that punk kid

Sportbike: '05 ZX-6R (636)
Years Riding: 1
How you found us: Friend

Send a message via AIM to AdrenalinJunkie Send a message via Skype™ to AdrenalinJunkie
This weekend rocked! It was my first time on the track, and im hooked!

I had a great time, and i wanted to thank everyone for helping me out, and giving me tips. By the end of the weekend i was zoomin...

Lookin forward to Putnam!

Adrenalin Junkie
- '05 Suzuki GSXR 1000
- ** retired ** '05 Kawasaki ZX-6R
- NESBA "A" #616
- Founder/President - Creatix, Inc.
- Founder - BartendChicago - BartendChicago.com

Wikipedia - Adrenaline Junkie - An adrenaline junkie is somebody who feels as if they are addicted to adrenaline. Adrenaline junkies may enjoy competing in extreme sports like skydiving, surfing, motorcycle racing, or anything else that gets their heart rate up. This sort of addiction is brought on by enjoying the (adrenaline) "rush" gained from these activities.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-10-2005, 11:18 AM

Sportbike: I don't ride
How you found us: google

Wink... were you the fella that was working on his bike in front of drucker's trailer?
post #5 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-10-2005, 11:25 AM

i had a lot of fun. gotta thank the reverend for trailering my stuff out there and passing along his knowledge. thanks bub!
post #6 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-10-2005, 06:27 PM
Failed rehab

Sportbike: Striple
Years Riding: Dunno, awhile?
How you found us: DML

Send a message via AIM to Rob, Esq. Send a message via MSN to Rob, Esq.
It was great today. 30 min sessions and very low track density.
post #7 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-10-2005, 06:44 PM Thread Starter
Slow Old Guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLARNEY
A great time ..... a great weekend.

You ever find those batteries Wink ?

Tom
On the way to the track this morning I went to Gas City, Home Depot, Dominicks, and Walgreeens... no joy.

Since they are that hard to find I will get some from radio Shack, and yes Blarney, I'll have extra in case you need any in Putnam.

===========
Great Quote - One would think that the Secret Service was smart enough to get serviced secretly.

MotoVid hasbeen
NESBA hasbeen

CCS neverbeen
WERA neverbeen
post #8 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-10-2005, 06:45 PM Thread Starter
Slow Old Guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend Rice
Wink... were you the fella that was working on his bike in front of drucker's trailer?
Yes, probably. Had a crowd around for some reason. Changed to a 48 on the rear, new chain, and I put new brake pads on while Matt was working on the chain.

Had a TON of fun!

===========

MotoVid hasbeen
NESBA hasbeen

CCS neverbeen
WERA neverbeen
post #9 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-10-2005, 07:35 PM
Wild slide rule roots

Sportbike: 2002 Suzuki TL1000R, yel/blk (Street) & '04 GSXR750 (Track)
Years Riding: 8
How you found us: Got the link through NESBA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wink
Yes, probably. Had a crowd around for some reason. Changed to a 48 on the rear, new chain, and I put new brake pads on while Matt was working on the chain.

Had a TON of fun!
Yeah, I have lots of fun changing brake pads too.

Good time out there, especially once the track warmed up and all that nice shiny sealant got sticky. It was interesting to pick up the lines again in bits and pieces rather than remembering them all at once.

There was, technically, one red flag on Saturday, but it was the better kind: no transport required.

It was good to see so many people pick up so much speed out there. AB seems to be a good track for picking up technique, somehow, despite its waviness.

Morrand
NESBA #561 (I)
Jabber/Google Talk: [email protected]
post #10 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-10-2005, 08:00 PM Thread Starter
Slow Old Guy.

I forgot about Marshall's (CR) crash in turn 3, is that the one that you are talking about?

As far as today, we had FOUR crashes.

Today saw 1 CR hit the ground (1 CR hit the ground on Saturday), 2 "A" riders, and 1 "I" that I knew about. It seems like there were a few issues with Beginners, although I don't know who or how many over the weekend.

As you say, none of them were the bad kind. Everyone got up and walked, no broken bones, and most of the bikes made it back out to the track.

I low sided today in turn 7, front tire just slipped right out, I got up, started the bike, and drove to back to my Pit. Missed the rest of that session, but had it ready by the next session and was out there working on form (translation: going slow!) the next session and was back to my best times by the end of the day. (Thanks to Ron and Fred for the help getting the bike ready to go back out)

Oh yeah, I forgot the nominee for the Darwin Award (luckily no one qualified). We had a Beginner take a right on Pit Road and head right out on the track counterclockwise (against traffic). He almost made it to the wrong end of the back straight-a-way. Fred (Lead Control Rider) took care of the problem. Scary moment, but no one got hurt.

Gotta love track days.

===========

MotoVid hasbeen
NESBA hasbeen

CCS neverbeen
WERA neverbeen

Last edited by Wink; 10-10-2005 at 08:14 PM.
post #11 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-10-2005, 08:08 PM
Failed rehab

I remember that guy. I was flyng down the back straight just behind Fred when I saw this cat heading right at us! Glad it didn't end up as bad as it otherwise might have.
post #12 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-10-2005, 08:16 PM
Your Tile Guy

Sportbike: No bike for now. 2008 Lotus Exige
Years Riding: Not long enough
How you found us: 2 wheel forum

Yeah, that was crazy. Come out of 10 and see the cornerworker pulling the red flag out. took it easy down the straight, and theres a guy coming the wrong way.
It was great to meet some new people today. with about 6 guys on the track after the intro guys left, I think i rode for 15 minutes in a couple sessions with out seeing anyone. Great time to work on some things and not worry about any traffic. Lots of one on one teaching today.
Congrats on the bump up to I today c5367!
Later

Rich
DONATE LIFE, BE AN ORGAN DONOR
post #13 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-10-2005, 08:16 PM

Sportbike: smokey one
Years Riding: a while
How you found us: stumbled onto you

First two days at the track, and the first two days with the Aprillia RS 250. Fun meter overload...
I came away very happy with my decision to track down a RS and very impressed with how NESBA operated.
Today/ monday was outstanding, I am starting to get more comfortable with the bike and am now able to give more attention to the track and my line choices. 2 days down and lots more to learn

A Sunday highlight was getting to watch Mr. Reverend Rice on his TZ...

Two strokes rule

C5367 Way to go on the bump to I. After my fairing mount gave up, I got to watch "our" group and you were looking great. I had a blast riding with you guys today!

WERA 917 EX
NESBA 917 A
CWIRA 917

Aprilia
RS250 dsb
Kaw 6r ss
ice
KX500 open C

Last edited by 5AXIS; 10-10-2005 at 08:21 PM.
post #14 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-10-2005, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by c5367
I was flyng down the back straight just behind Fred when I saw this cat heading right at us!
Wow, now that's something I thought I would never hear . Sounds like Monday was a fun...interesting day.

Saturday and Sunday were great. I got a chance to meet several more CLSB members. Everyone was riding well and having a good time. You could really tell that people were excited to be there, and so friendly. No one got injured, and everyone's riding improved greatly through the weekend. You can't ask for more than that! (

I can't wait for Putnam, even the weather forecast looks good.
post #15 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-10-2005, 10:05 PM

Sportbike: 08 YZ250F, 03 Tuono
Years Riding: Eh?
How you found us: .

Quote:

I low sided today in turn 7, front tire just slipped right out, I got up, started the bike, and drove to back to my Pit. Missed the rest of that session, but had it ready by the next session and was out there working on form (translation: going slow!) the next session and was back to my best times by the end of the day. (Thanks to Ron and Fred for the help getting the bike ready to go back out)

Gotta love track days.
What?! You scratched up Kruz' pretty bike?! You sonofa...

Sorry to hear about the getoff Brian. Glad to hear that you (and the bike) bounced back up! Don't forget that crashing well is just another skill!

Glad you're okay and having fun out there everyone!

<---- Patrick

Property of Evil Monkey Racing

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.

post #16 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-10-2005, 10:16 PM
I break everything!

Sportbike: SV650S, ZX6R, GSXR600
Years Riding: Since 04/2003
How you found us: Google

Yeah Monday was pretty interesting

That beginner that ran the wrong way on the track... when he finally turned around and exited, he missed the freakin exit too and went down the straight and pulled a u-turn down pit lane. Soon as he stopped, Fred grabbed the key outta his bike and had a talkin with him... what happened to that guy anyways, did they let him back on the track or was that the end of his day?

Overall a pretty good long weekend, I almost hit my goal of 1:40's by Monday but fell a bit short and got down to 1:41.8's before I gave it up, not gonna do something stupid just to prove to my lap timer that I'm a good rider plus when Sam (selston) highsided in front of me and I damn near ran him over, that was pretty much my cue to pack it up and head home. Made it out with no issues myself cept a couple of slides and one big endo braking too hard into T1, and a fuckin bee sting right on the inside of my lip, damn bees

Good times though runnin with Wink and Sam and Ron, man they just let anyone CR nowdays huh?

Jon Gu
CCS AM/NESBA #276
post #17 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-11-2005, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vimkgt
plus when Sam (selston) highsided in front of me and I damn near ran him over, that was pretty much my cue to pack it up and head home.
Sam ok? that sucks!
post #18 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-11-2005, 04:31 AM

Sportbike: Ducati Monster 900s,TT-R 125LE.SV650S, R6
Years Riding: 10
How you found us: ChicagoMonster,aka big Jeff

Sorry I missed all the fun, had a last minute change of plans. Sounds like everyone had a blast!
post #19 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-11-2005, 08:01 AM

Sportbike: 08 YZ250F, 03 Tuono
Years Riding: Eh?
How you found us: .

Selton went down? (and you went up?) If I'm reading that right, congrats on the BIG bump Jon! You earned it this season.

Sam hope you're alright man! Anyone have a status report?

<---- Patrick

Property of Evil Monkey Racing

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.

post #20 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-11-2005, 08:41 AM
I break everything!

Sportbike: SV650S, ZX6R, GSXR600
Years Riding: Since 04/2003
How you found us: Google

Sam is OK, he just busted up a finger pretty good. Pretty lucky considering how it looked from behind, there was smoke pouring off his rear tire for a fraction of a second and then the bike flipped him off... plus for a highside, his bike had minimal damage.

I didn't get bumped up, he was the only A group rider that day so they combined our sessions. It was pretty fun following him around though

Jon Gu
CCS AM/NESBA #276
post #21 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-11-2005, 09:37 AM
I'm a blessed man

Sportbike: GSXR 1000
Years Riding: not long enough
How you found us: Sportbikes.net

Quote:
Good times though runnin with Wink and Sam and Ron, man they just let anyone CR nowdays huh?

Ron Hix
MTD CR #975
post #22 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-11-2005, 10:37 AM

Sportbike: I don't ride
How you found us: google

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5AXIS
First two days at the track, and the first two days with the Aprillia RS 250. Fun meter overload...
I came away very happy with my decision to track down a RS and very impressed with how NESBA operated.
Today/ monday was outstanding, I am starting to get more comfortable with the bike and am now able to give more attention to the track and my line choices. 2 days down and lots more to learn

A Sunday highlight was getting to watch Mr. Reverend Rice on his TZ...

Two strokes rule

Dave... it was nice meeting you bro. You were having way too much fun on that bike.

Two strokes do rule!
post #23 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-11-2005, 11:47 PM
Failed rehab

Thanks 5axis and Costlyducati!

It was good meeting you guys out there. It was a great 2 days, and Monday was by far the best trackday I've ever been to. Then again I've only been to 4, but still, it's hard to beat 30min session where you can literally go 10 of them without even seeing another rider. It was almost as if we had the whole thing to ourselves. I just wish I brought more gas!

Can't wait til next season. I'm more than a little tempted to go to Putnam instead of studying and just wing it on my midterms. Summer is just too damn short. Looking forward to riding with y'all again!
post #24 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-12-2005, 12:03 AM
G97
I heart NEG REP

Sportbike: Fast One
Years Riding: 32 years
How you found us: ?

Quote:
Yeah Monday was pretty interesting

That beginner that ran the wrong way on the track... when he finally turned around and exited, he missed the freakin exit too and went down the straight and pulled a u-turn down pit lane. Soon as he stopped, Fred grabbed the key outta his bike and had a talkin with him... what happened to that guy anyways, did they let him back on the track or was that the end of his day?
End of his participation with NESBA, forever.

GARTH
www.nesba.com
post #25 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-12-2005, 07:15 PM
Got my new Ride......

Sportbike: YZ250, GSX-R750 K1, ZX-7R (RIP)
Years Riding: Since I was about 10 yrs old
How you found us: JimGoFast

Hey Yall

Had good time on Monday - good to see the gang & meet a few new folks.

Yea - I either had brain fart or an equipment malfunction. For right now - I'm assuming rider error. Thought I was going easy during the warm up laps in the begining of the 6th session - but apparently I lit up the rear commin through T3 & ended up being tossed off the bike. It seemed like a pretty bad situation from most angles (including mine) - but somehow I skated by with just a brusied finger and very minor damage to the bike.

Thanks to all who were concerned - I look forward to seeing everyone next time around.

- Sam
NESBA #749

Last edited by selston; 10-14-2005 at 01:24 AM.
post #26 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-12-2005, 07:17 PM
Got my new Ride......

OH YEA - I think I was promised a few beers in return for the 30 minute sessions - you know who you are !!

- Sam
NESBA #749
post #27 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-12-2005, 08:10 PM Thread Starter
Slow Old Guy.

Sam - I think I might be the one that owes you the beer. Just to celebrate how well your high-side came out. Gla deverything turned out so well, and that you are ok. You were turning some hot laps there once you got comfortable on Monday.

John - Man you were ripping it up on that SV. Perfect lines, great form... I need to follow you around a lot more. Looking forward to Putnam.

Udog - Correction, I slipped out in 8, not 7, my mistake. Front wheel just let loose. Kinda weird the new A guy had the same thing happen to him not 6" from where I slipped out. Anyhow, Hernan and Ron were right behind me. Could be a combination of going in too hot, and trail braking... who knows. Hope to avoid that in the future. Bike is fine, I didn't even get a scratch.

Looking forward to Putnam.. going to look for the silver SV!

===========

MotoVid hasbeen
NESBA hasbeen

CCS neverbeen
WERA neverbeen
post #28 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-12-2005, 09:34 PM
Got my new Ride......

Quote:
...Just to celebrate how well your high-side came out..........
Amen to that

- Sam
NESBA #749
post #29 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-12-2005, 10:54 PM
What?

Sportbike: Muzzy Raptor
Years Riding: 28
How you found us: turbo guy

Matt Drucker

AMA Pro # 140 for: DMG/AMA Daytona Sportbike UN RETIRED
CCS/Formula USA # 140 UN RETIRED
NESBA CR OFF Sabbatical
post #30 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-13-2005, 09:48 AM
I'm a blessed man

Sportbike: GSXR 1000
Years Riding: not long enough
How you found us: Sportbikes.net

Glad you are OK, Sam. I hated to see you go down Bro.

Ron Hix
MTD CR #975

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode