For those going to Freddie's this week - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

NESBA.com This forum is for talking about Nesba events and for their members to communicate.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-08-2007, 11:21 AM Thread Starter
I'm a blessed man

Sportbike: GSXR 1000
Years Riding: not long enough
How you found us: Sportbikes.net

For those going to Freddie's this week

I was going over my notes in my workbook from last year's trip to Spencer's and thought I'd share page #1 of the workbook with you guys. It is a intro to the coarse written by Freddie Spencer.

This should give you an idea what to expect.

=========================

Freddie Spencer’s High Performance Riding School

The goal of this school is simple. It is to teach you how to become a better motorcycle rider.

Since beginning the school here, I have been fascinated to see things I learned as a racer, the techniques I employed to become a better more successful racer week in and week out, work for all riders who want to improve. Whether you want to keep up with your buddies on the weekend or are considering racing makes no difference because the process applies in every activity.

The next couple days will be devoted to beginning the process. They will be devoted to giving you the proper tools and teaching you how to use them. We’ll use structured classroom time to explain things followed by a series of on-track drills. We schedule plenty of time for you to ask questions about the drills. I believe you have think about and understand what’s going on if you expect your mind and body to respond in the right way.

In the next few days you will learn techniques that will help you reach your goals and my goals, and along the way you will be exposed to the process that I used to become a three-time world champion. You will figure out how to apply this process to every riding situation you encounter, whether on the street, on the track or on the trail.

We take a disciplined approach that will help you focus on doing the right thing at the right time. It means thinking about a situation and reacting with the appropriate control movements so you can make adjustments while in a corner…remember, nobody’s perfect.

At the heart of the school are two themes that we try to balance and unite on an ongoing basis. The first revolves around understanding the dynamics of how a motorcycle works: how it accelerates, turns and stops. The second comes from gaining a sound understanding as to how your inputs affect the motorcycle, then training your mind and body to do the right thing.

Those basic ideas underlie everything we will do over the next couple of days. By the end of our time here, you will have a much greater understanding of a motorcycle’s handling dynamics and you will be equipped to continue to learn how to get the machine to respond in the correct way.

I encourage you to takes notes. Write about your concerns, your questions and your victories. Before and after you ride back home, refer back to the workbook and your notes. Continue to add to them. The process never ends. You will always be learning. I continue to learn through out my riding / racing career.

- Let’s go have fun -

Ron Hix
MTD CR #975

Last edited by ronhix; 01-08-2007 at 11:29 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-08-2007, 11:21 AM Thread Starter
I'm a blessed man

Sportbike: GSXR 1000
Years Riding: not long enough
How you found us: Sportbikes.net

Here's some things we covered last year:

- Right thoughts, Right Actions, Right hand
- Reasons why you crash
- Corners, broken into zones
- Trail braking
- Down shifting
- Blipping
- Body positioning
- Vision
- Lines
- Bike placement
- Dissecting and mapping a track
- Race day prep
- And much more…

Ron Hix
MTD CR #975
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-08-2007, 03:28 PM
Unregister User

Sportbike: 09 Buell 1125CR, 02 Yamaha Warrior
Years Riding: .
How you found us: Dumb luck!

Damn I wish I was going. For you lucky ones have a blast.

Nesba #74 I

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode