excuse me MAM - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

NESBA.com This forum is for talking about Nesba events and for their members to communicate.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-07-2007, 02:47 PM Thread Starter
d0 work s0n!

Sportbike: '06 GSX-R
Years Riding: Moment I got off the street
How you found us: twinky in the donut?

Cool excuse me MAM

I know I already posted about my bump this past weekend but I wanted to let it be known that NESBA and the members within are the greatest ever. After Blackhawk I didn’t expect it to get much better but I was wrong. My riding as a whole was rough. It was hot and I was overly exhausted. I was getting “lost” on the back half of the course and I was getting frustrated. But in the end it was worth it. I learned even more about riding and realized that NESBIAN’s go out of their way to hope out fellow riders.

Some further examples of this –
- FIRECAT went 150 miles out of his way to pick me up and drop me off before and after driving another 450 miles to and from the track.
- Instead of staying in our tent Dave Frick – who I’ve never met – let us stay in his “ubercamper” which had A/C and kept us out of a hot and sticky tent. He also fed everyone with some of the greatest meat I’ve ever had, including the best brat I’ve ever had. If that wasn’t enough I got a flat tire somewhere on or off the track and he changed the tire out for me. Not to mention the 3 or 4 sessions he spent with me on the track. FRICK you are amazing.
- FIRECAT taught me how to bleed my brakes.
- Greg lent me an extra pair of gloves since the pair I came with didn’t fit well.
- All the CR’s were helpful and provided great input. Thanks to everyone including Punkass who helped with my bump – …sorry wink.
- Wink allowed me to use his facilities and tools and for once again putting in time with me on the track. Thank you for everything.
- FIRECAT for taking another 1000 pictures of me and everyone else.

The NESBA team is amazingly accommodating and helpful in every way possible. The Larson’s are top notch. I can’t say enough about them and the organization as a whole.

I don’t know what to say besides THANK YOU to everyone.

"if i close my mind in fear, please pry it open. if my face becomes sincere beware.
when i start to come undone, stitch me together.
when you see me stretched remind me of what left this outlaw torn."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-07-2007, 03:11 PM

Sportbike: SV 650, FZR 400, RM 125
Years Riding: Since 1990
How you found us: Nesba!

You know what Lars. Thank you! Like a few other members that have progressed so quickly this year you make me proud to be with Nesba. There is nothing more rewarding then seeing someone come out for a free day. Sign up, listen, apply and progress. You've come a long way in 4 short days! Congrats to you. Props to Wink and the other CR's that have helped you get where your at. Thanks for sharing your experiences with everyone.

Greg K.
STT Staff Member
CCS Expert #12
MSF Instructor

VinylSaurusRex.com - Cyclepath Racing - Safety First Racing - SMR Components - Apexjunkie.com - Yamaha Champions Riding School
"If you're headed toward trees, I'm guessing your on the wrong line." - S. Russell
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-07-2007, 05:02 PM

Sportbike: Track: 08 GSXR 1000; 08 GSXR 1000; 2005 R6 Dirt: 08 CRF 250 06 KLX 110
Years Riding: 15 years
How you found us: NESBA

Lars,

Thanks for the nice post...I have enjoyed seeing you come to the track and have a blast...I never thought convincing you to stay the second day at BHF would turn you into a full fledged track whore (ok..so maybe I did know)...I was organizing some of your pics today and its amazing to see how your riding has progressed from your first day at BHF to your last day at MAM, you certainly deserved and are worthy of the bump you received.

I also appreciate the company on the trip down, even though your music sucks!! (and yes I know your going to flame me for having ABBA on my IPOD) If you need anything...let me know and I will see if I can help you out.

WWW.TRACKDAYSTORE.COM The only online store where you earn free track time when you make a purchase
WWW.NESBA.COM
Nesba Midwest CR #803
Hix Racing #803
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-07-2007, 05:13 PM Thread Starter
d0 work s0n!

Sportbike: '06 GSX-R
Years Riding: Moment I got off the street
How you found us: twinky in the donut?

^^^get me those pics. ha ha. can't wait.

and just for you FIREFLY....

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

"if i close my mind in fear, please pry it open. if my face becomes sincere beware.
when i start to come undone, stitch me together.
when you see me stretched remind me of what left this outlaw torn."
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-07-2007, 05:31 PM

Sportbike: Track: 08 GSXR 1000; 08 GSXR 1000; 2005 R6 Dirt: 08 CRF 250 06 KLX 110
Years Riding: 15 years
How you found us: NESBA

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintedblue View Post
^^^get me those pics. ha ha. can't wait.

and just for you FIREFLY....

I never guessed that was coming

WWW.TRACKDAYSTORE.COM The only online store where you earn free track time when you make a purchase
WWW.NESBA.COM
Nesba Midwest CR #803
Hix Racing #803
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-07-2007, 09:39 PM

Well written post. I've just started with NESBA this year as well and have had a similar experience to yours. I agree with everything you had to say. NESBA people are just the Greatest. I've only been to Mid-Central events so far (HPT, Hallet, MAM) but hope to get to BHF or other Mid-West events as well in the future.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-08-2007, 03:33 AM
Slow Old Guy.

Sportbike: Inline Two Wheeled
Years Riding: Since the beginning of time
How you found us: Dan Ortega sent me

Welcome to the site Mike!!

===========
Great Quote - One would think that the Secret Service was smart enough to get serviced secretly.

MotoVid hasbeen
NESBA hasbeen

CCS neverbeen
WERA neverbeen
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-08-2007, 11:49 AM

Thanks Wink. I found this board awhile back from some links on NESBA. I tend to lurk on a number of boards and tend to be slow to post.

Missed the chance to ride with you at MAM, but had a great time with the other CRs. I actually thought about sitting in at the B meeting but since I had my wife along I spent the time with her.

Looking forward to Iowa Speedway. Can't believe I've got a track 30 minutes from home.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-08-2007, 01:22 PM
Slow Old Guy.

Looking forward to seeing you at Iowa Speedway Mike. Hope your wife wasn't too bored or too hot at the event!

===========
Great Quote - One would think that the Secret Service was smart enough to get serviced secretly.

MotoVid hasbeen
NESBA hasbeen

CCS neverbeen
WERA neverbeen
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-08-2007, 01:26 PM
We ride tomorrow?

Sportbike: i like 04's
Years Riding: not enough
How you found us: NESBA.com

hey Wink, have you decided on Newton for that weekend?
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-08-2007, 02:58 PM
Slow Old Guy.

PLanning on going to Newton, yes Jesse. Wanna go with us?

===========

MotoVid hasbeen
NESBA hasbeen

CCS neverbeen
WERA neverbeen

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode