Registration advice - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

NESBA.com This forum is for talking about Nesba events and for their members to communicate.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-29-2009, 09:18 PM Thread Starter
The Plumber

Sportbike: 05 SV650S
Years Riding: enough
How you found us: Another member on another board I visit

Send a message via AIM to Matoo
Registration advice

Ok, Looks like I will be joining NESBA this year. Here is my question.
Do they require you run beginner your first day with them? This is now my second season on track and I run in I with STT. I've done 4-5 (I honestly can't remember right now) days at ACC with one of them being this year.
I guess I just really don't know what to sign up for. Blackhawk would be a new track for me, so that would slow my pace as I learned. I'm also afraid beginner will move to slowly for me or be frustrating not being able to pass in turns. I generally left in the dust on straights since I am down on power but make up most my ground with corner speed.
As far as the bike goes, it looks like I just have to pick a number and find a way to put it on the bike?

I guess I'm just looking for advice from those familiar with the way NESBA runs vs STT.

"If you love your motorcycle let it go, if it comes back you've highsided"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-29-2009, 09:27 PM
Serious inquiries only

Sportbike: Specialized Allez Comp; Gkotlin's SV650
Years Riding: Always learning
How you found us: Google

Send a message via AIM to Mort82
Ok, here we go with the good ole NESBA vs STT argument. I'll say STT has an excellent beginner program that is very thorough. If you skipped that, you are missing out. After novice, you get thrown into a group where guys are running for advanced pace. I love riding with all organizations. With STT you can sign up with any group and go out. Granted, you will most likely get bumped down if you are not riding safely at the right pace.

In NESBA, you must work your way up to intermediate. When the CRs feel you are riding safe and at the right pace, they will bump you. Many people get frustrated when they are at "intermediate" pace with STT, then try it out with NESBA and don't get bumped. Most likely it's because you are not on the race line, smooth enough, or riding over your head.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-29-2009, 09:42 PM Thread Starter
The Plumber

Sportbike: 05 SV650S
Years Riding: enough
How you found us: Another member on another board I visit

Send a message via AIM to Matoo
I did run the beginner program with STT and got a lot out of it and I'm glad I did it. The reason I'm asking is I really have no idea how NESBA runs their days and the only thing I have to compare to is STT.
I want to be in the group that is right for me. I got a bit perplexed when I saw the option on the NESBA registration form. If B is the group to start with I am cool with that. I just want to have fun and be safe for me and others, not trying to say one org is better than the other. Any org that gets me on track if fine by me

So as far as the bike goes though, from what I have read, the number is the only thing I would need to change with my normal track prep?

"If you love your motorcycle let it go, if it comes back you've highsided"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-29-2009, 10:06 PM
Gixxer Rider

Sportbike: K6 & K9 GSXR1000s
Years Riding: 12th season
How you found us: SBN

Its your choice but I would highly recommend signing up for Beginner since Blackhawk is a new track to you and you haven't ridden with NESBA before. You will get a better feel for how the sessions are run and what is expected from you and your fellow riders. The passing rules are there for everyone's safety. When you are able to run a Intermediate pace within the beginner rules, you WILL get noticed and evaluated for the bump. Feel free to ask lots of questions as we are all there to help.

As far as a number goes, you can use tape or pick up some numbers from your local dealership.

Track Junkie #79
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-29-2009, 10:09 PM
Serious inquiries only

Sportbike: Specialized Allez Comp; Gkotlin's SV650
Years Riding: Always learning
How you found us: Google

Send a message via AIM to Mort82
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matoo View Post
I did run the beginner program with STT and got a lot out of it and I'm glad I did it. The reason I'm asking is I really have no idea how NESBA runs their days and the only thing I have to compare to is STT.
I want to be in the group that is right for me. I got a bit perplexed when I saw the option on the NESBA registration form. If B is the group to start with I am cool with that. I just want to have fun and be safe for me and others, not trying to say one org is better than the other. Any org that gets me on track if fine by me

So as far as the bike goes though, from what I have read, the number is the only thing I would need to change with my normal track prep?
I see... It runs pretty much the same way... You show up nice n early, get teched, have a rider's safety meeting and start shortly after with 3 groups running 20 minute sessions. Beginner group with NESBA is a big moosh of riders. It's not broken up into peas in a pod like STT. Just can't pass a CR anytime, unless they wave you on, and can't pass other riders in a corner. I think you'll like it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode