Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

Anyone Seen These Yet!!!????

1K views 31 replies 24 participants last post by  Chills 
#1 ·
And what do you suppose the cost is?????????

Radical new tire design by Michelin. The next generation of tires.

They had a pair at the Philadelphi car show

These tires are airless and are scheduled to be out on the market very soon.

The bad news for law enforcement is that spike strips will not work on these tires.

This is what great R&D will do, and just think of the impact on existing technology:

a... no more air valves
a... no more air compressors at gas stations
a... no more repair kits

These are actual pictures taken in the South Carolina plant of Michelin. It will be awhile before they are available to the automotive industry.

See less See more
#29 ·
Well, remember in the horse-and-buggy forum they were making fun of rubber tires because wooden wheels were the way to go! Not to mention they didn't like 'engines' because they scared their horses! :laughing

Very cool technology, I'd love to see how this plays out.

#30 ·
hexraptor said:
i dont think they would work for motorcycles, unless you dont want to lean while you turn....:laughing

I bet they can develop the technology so that the wheel would be sturdy enough to support a bike in a turn.

#31 ·
Chills said:
I bet they can develop the technology so that the wheel would be sturdy enough to support a bike in a turn.
A lot of energy goes into the one inch or less of tire you are riding on when you're cranked over going 90 mph in a turn. Amazing isn't it?

#32 ·
Grasshopper said:
A lot of energy goes into the one inch or less of tire you are riding on when you're cranked over going 90 mph in a turn. Amazing isn't it?

It sure is... I get scared if I think about it too much. :laughing

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.