Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

M109 vs. Warrior

5K views 17 replies 11 participants last post by  Muskrat 
#1 ·
So which muscle cruiser is better? Both are available for <$8000 or better...

#3 ·
I have ridden a warrior quite a bit and really like it. It does what it is supposed to.
I have only sat on a M109 and thought it felt bloated, but I am kind of a small dude. I don't like the styling either.
As far as power goes, the M wins hands down.

#4 · (Edited)
Bone stock, the M109 has a bigger engine, more power, and it's heavier. They are close in acceleration, but the M109 is a bit faster. It also has a stock 240 wide tire and it's shaft driven.

I'm a bit biased, but I chose the Warrior because I think it looks better and felt more comfy. I haven't ridden an M109, but I think the handling on the Warrior is second to none in the cruiser market. I'm not a fan of the wider tire on the M109 either. It may look better to some, but they are more expensive and I don't like the way they handle. Not saying it's good or bad, just not my style. Also, I felt like the Warrior stands out a bit more. You don't see them as often, and there isn't another cruiser in Yami's lineup that looks like it.

Edit - The Warrior also has great brakes. Riding other cruisers scares me if I need to slow down quickly. First time I rode an Indian I rolled through a stop sign into the middle of the intersection due to crap brakes (luckily nobody else was there).

#7 ·
Take a look at them side by side, is there really any choice? The Warrior looks more like Willie- G Jr. designed it (good to some, not so much to others) instead of Willie-san. And in this category, looks are at least 50% of the buying decision IMO...

#14 ·
What if I throw the Vrod into the mix? I have found 2 that can be purchased in the same <$8k price range. It really seems like a buyers market with the season wrapping up.

#15 ·
The v-rod is going to be a bit more money than a Warrior or M109. I wasn't a fan of the ergo's on the v-rod. It rode okay, but I felt more confident on the Warrior right off the bat. The v-rod didn't feel as planted when leaned over. It might be due to my power commander, but the throttle response felt better on my Warrior as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.