Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

Harley dealerships?

3K views 41 replies 15 participants last post by  Sunshine 
#1 ·
Best harley dealership in the area? Thinking about picking up a sportster next season. Now that i know what i'm getting into with this whole college shit, i may be able to squeeze some payments into my budget. I wanna look at a few and discuss financing. Don't wanna be stuck dealing with douchebags though...seems to be the only thing the dealerships can afford to hire these days.

Feel free to PM me some phone numbers...

#4 ·
The guys I've dealt with over the years at Illinois on Harlem in Berwyn have been very good. They are part of the new multi dealer network that includes Wildfire and the shop that used to be Zylstras on Randall in St. Charles.
Tim Farrell is a great guy to talk with. I know he splits his time between Illinois and one of the other shops. I Don't know if he's in sales these days but if you start with him he'll put you with a good saleman that will help you come away happy. That I'm sure of. Good luck.

#7 ·
Marr can take care of you - If for some odd reason it does not work out, PM me and I'll introduce you to my guy at Heritage Harley - Great group of guys over there

#11 ·
Had a positive experience at Woodstock Harley this weekend when getting the tire removed from my son's kawi. Guys in service took him in right away and didn't charge us a dime! Needless to sy, if he needs custom parts for the project, we'll be stopping back (little things like that are a good way to make long term customers)

#14 ·
That's actually a good idea... Don't buy right away. Rent a few of them. I rent them quite a bit throughout my travels with work. They are all nice. I wildnt buy a new one though. The used market it swamped and you can have one for way less coin than new. Finance through you bank rather than through Harley.

#19 ·
Who in their right mind would buy a Dyna?

#22 ·
Howdy!

Yes, I work for Harley. We have formed a dealer group with four dealerships; Illinois(Berwyn), Wild Fire(Villa Park), City Limits(Palatine), Fox River(St Charles). Since I take care of all four dealerships I am required to travel to all four daily, so I am never in the same spot anymore.

Tim Farrell is no longer at Illinois H-D, he is now the General Manager of Wild Fire in Villa Park.

Illinois would definitely be your best bet since it is close to your house. Leo is the Sales Manager and will take good care of you with my referral :) When you mention my name it will be all good.
I am attaching a link of all our used bikes. The bikes listed are at all four stores, so if you see something you like from one of our other shops we can have it transferred to Berwyn for you to see.

http://www.ilharley.com/pre_owned_list.asp

Hope this helps ;)

#23 ·
Why go to a dealer? It's a buyers market and you can lowball private sellers easier. Sporsters are so similar you have thousands to choose from. I bought my 2000 1200S (dual plug heads, twin disc front and adjustable suspension) for $4000 with 6800 miles on it. Don't be afraid to buy a 883 if you get the right deal. The 1200cc conversion is not difficult.

#33 ·
I like the thruxton, but it's a lot more to insure for some reason. More than twice as much as the bonneville. Closer to super sport rates than modified standard. If i got a bonneville, i'd throw the thruxton seat on there and some lower bars.

I'll have to check out the bonneville. Thanks guys.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.