Someday... Pic from Vegas - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

General Cruiser Discussion This is a forum for all you Cruiser owners in the chicagoland area. We dont discriminate here at CLSB.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-24-2004, 05:48 PM Thread Starter

Sportbike: 08 YZ250F, 03 Tuono
Years Riding: Eh?
How you found us: .

Someday... Pic from Vegas

FINALLY got around to loading up some pics from my Vegas trip last year. Rented this Night Train for a day and tooled around Red Rock Canyon and some other places. Unreal time, and I highly recommend the experience to anyone that lost all their money the night before and needs to get some fresh air.

BTW - this has long been my favorite HD. Aside from dragging pipes around the corners, it was a blast to ride. Wouldn't mind having one in my stable someday (sans poser skull stickers of course)

That is all.

<---- Patrick

Property of Evil Monkey Racing

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-24-2004, 05:58 PM
SICK OF IT ALL

Sportbike: missing my RC51
Years Riding: 9+
How you found us: drove by Strats one night & stopped in

Wayne

Standing together
Side by side
Staying true to what’s inside
United as one, we fight

post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-24-2004, 06:03 PM
yo quiero su taco

Sportbike: Honda CBR 954 blk/slvr
Years Riding: 10 years
How you found us: They found me. Follow the white rabbit.

Re: Someday... Pic from Vegas

Quote:
Originally posted by Underdog
FINALLY got around to loading up some pics from my Vegas trip last year. Rented this Night Train for a day and tooled around Red Rock Canyon and some other places. Unreal time, and I highly recommend the experience to anyone that lost all their money the night before and needs to get some fresh air.

BTW - this has long been my favorite HD. Aside from dragging pipes around the corners, it was a blast to ride. Wouldn't mind having one in my stable someday (sans poser skull stickers of course)

That is all.
Nice bike!! Beautiful pic Tell us more about the bike and the trip.

"includes 10 used-car dealers or auto repair shops, 11 liquor stores and bars--two of which advertise lingerie fashion shows and a third billed as a "gentlemen's club"--three cut-rate motels and one trailer park. The squat, brick municipal building is next to a currency exchange and a few steps from an adult video store. The bars open at 10 a.m. and close at 6:30 a.m."

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
Something must be fishy...I am going to go poke around in the back end..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-24-2004, 06:23 PM

Awesome Pic, Hopefully I get a chance to experience some thing like that someday.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-24-2004, 06:37 PM Thread Starter

Here's a quick recap (since I'm not as eloquent as our sport touring crowd with the recaps - and it was over a year ago)

I rented a Heritage Softail and a Fatboy about 5 years ago when I was in Maui. Had the time of my life and did some serious exploring. Learned that it was the BEST way to enjoy a vacation when time and funds permitted.

This particular trip the tables were unkind - and my liver was begging for an afternoon off - so I hit the yellow pages and called up Eagle Riders (just off the strip). They were super cool, and the girls that worked there should have been very wealthy strippers.

Anyway, they cut me a deal on the Night Train ($75 for the day) and gave me some maps and ideas about where to ride. Other than it being stoopid hot outside (like 120deg on the blacktop), it was perfect. Put a little over 200miles on it, and got to see some really cool sights in the process.

The roads were mint, some nice canyons and twisties out there. Had to look out for rattle snakes sunning themselves on the road, and the signs posted about wild donkeys were more than a little amusing. Hardly any traffic outside of town, and I'll admit that there's something about the hum of an HD that makes you feel like a man.

The Night Train (aside from looking pretty badass) was a fun bike. The drag bars took a little getting used to as it wanted to flop over in the slow speed turns - but once you got the hang of it you felt like regular biker trash. Nice torquey cruiser that in some strange way made you understand why people refinance their houses to buy one.

Finished off the ride going up and down the strip trying to pick up girls that I wouldn't have to pay to sleep with - to no avail. Next time I'll do more burnouts to impress em.

All in all, I hope everyone gets the pleasure. HD is really good about renting bikes - and there seriously is no better way to get out and enjoy a vacation. Especially when the chips are down.

El fin.

<---- Patrick

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-24-2004, 06:41 PM
YO MAMA

Sportbike: 2010 Electra Glide Police Edition 103cu
Years Riding: a long time!

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-24-2004, 06:53 PM
Rev

Underdog should write articles for a magazine or something like that.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-24-2004, 06:57 PM Thread Starter

(I sent my resume in to Hustler, Club, and Barely Legal... keep your fingers crossed!)

<---- Patrick

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-25-2004, 11:33 AM

Friend of mine bought a Freight Train(as I like to call it)......what a waste of money.....I drove it home for him as he'd been drinking.....your feet vibrate right OFF the pegs! How the hell can anyone think that's fun?

Anywho, looks like a great place to see some sites.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-25-2004, 11:40 AM
I'm always learning......

Sportbike: 2k14 FLHXS, 1981 FXE, 1949 HD EL Panhead, Yami PW80
Years Riding: Long, long, long, long, long time.
How you found us: GPS

Quote:
Originally posted by taziscool
Friend of mine bought a Freight Train(as I like to call it)......what a waste of money.....I drove it home for him as he'd been drinking.....your feet vibrate right OFF the pegs!
You think that vibrates. That's a balanced engine. Try a 1949 Panhead.......pure heaven.

Synthetic Lifelike Organism Responsible for Observation and Logical Learning - SLOROLL

Remember there's a big difference between kneeling down and bending over. Zappa 1974

And I said....."Look here brother, who you jiving with that cosmik debris? Now is that a real poncho or is that a Sears poncho? Zappa 1974
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-26-2004, 12:29 AM
Grammaton Cleric

Sportbike: 2005 Suzuki Hayabusa LE
Years Riding: Since 07-01-2001
How you found us: Google, I believe

Send a message via AIM to MrBusa Send a message via Yahoo to MrBusa
Quote:
Originally posted by taziscool
Friend of mine bought a Freight Train(as I like to call it)......what a waste of money.....I drove it home for him as he'd been drinking.....your feet vibrate right OFF the pegs! How the hell can anyone think that's fun?

Anywho, looks like a great place to see some sites.
That is why I prefer the Road King over the Softails. The ride is much smoother on the RK.

-- Matthew --

"I'm just a simple man trying to make his way in the Universe" - Jango Fett

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode