what happens when you go against the union herd. - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

World news and Politics Discussions This is the place for all discussions about whats going on in the news and all of those political debates so many of us love to have.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-16-2011, 12:04 PM Thread Starter
CLSB's Florida Chapter.

Sportbike: Ducati
Years Riding: 3 days
How you found us: unemployment office

Send a message via AIM to MoparBoyy
what happens when you go against the union herd.

you get bullied out your job..

-Mopar

1997 Dodge Viper GTS
2013 Dodge Dart Rallye
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-16-2011, 12:31 PM
habitual line stepper

Sportbike: F4,Brutale,Warrior,DRZ
Years Riding: X
How you found us: .

Send a message via AIM to Jack
Yeah, it's pretty sad to see the political BS here in WI. How things get spun is incredible, and sometimes it's hard to know who to believe.

honestly I think Walker had a plan of how to fix things. He got elected, I voted for him, and he implemented it. It would have been a lot easier and more popular to sit on your hands. But he did what he thought was right and from what I've read it has and is working.

It would have worked even better had the democrats not left Wisconsin to allow time for their contributors to renegoatiate contracts before Walker could get his changes passed.

BTW, did you know Scott Walker as the county exec of Milwaukee returned $375K of his salary during his 8 years. What? How many of us woul do that???
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-16-2011, 12:34 PM Thread Starter
CLSB's Florida Chapter.

Sportbike: Ducati
Years Riding: 3 days
How you found us: unemployment office

Send a message via AIM to MoparBoyy
i did not know that.

i love people are like "ugh all of walkers cuts are at the expense of government employees! its unfair!" last i checked thats who he is in charge of, what is he supposed to do? enact taxes against private sector so they lose more jobs? thats obamas job!

-Mopar

1997 Dodge Viper GTS
2013 Dodge Dart Rallye
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-16-2011, 12:35 PM
Obsessed and Deranged

Sportbike: SV1000S
Years Riding: too many years
How you found us: dumb luck

after the antics at the wisc capitol this year i could not have a lower opinion of teachers or their union, and karen lewis just re-inforces that opinion with every word she says
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-16-2011, 12:42 PM
We ride tomorrow?

Sportbike: i like 04's
Years Riding: not enough
How you found us: NESBA.com

the whole recall protocall here is utterly rediculous
- recall Walker because he is here doing what we elected him to do, balance the WI budget
- recall the republican senators because they came to work and voted for Walkers bill
- recall the democratic senators because they failed to show up to work for a month (that I do agree with)
We should not be allowed to organize recall efforts because the people in office are doing what we elected them to do and is represenative of the will of the majority of the population. The time to make your choice was last November.
Now the people of WI get to foot the bill for all of this nonsense.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-16-2011, 01:16 PM
Human lawn dart

Sportbike: 03 ninja 6r 05 ttr-230 04 klx300r
Years Riding: 12
How you found us: I know all

Send a message via AIM to rdrash
Did he actually do anything illegal?

I'm not short. I'm aerodynamically efficient.

Anti Helmet Laws Pro Darwinism
MotoGP 200 mph no roll cage
NESBA # 599
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-16-2011, 01:55 PM
habitual line stepper

Sportbike: F4,Brutale,Warrior,DRZ
Years Riding: X
How you found us: .

Send a message via AIM to Jack
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdrash View Post
Did he actually do anything illegal?
No, he just did what was not popular--he fixed the problem. But you have people saying whatever they can to sway people and paint him as the devil. And the sheeple follow.

From what I've read, Walker as county exec of Milwaukee saw the beauracracy and BS. The teacher union negotiates contracts with communities. Teachers HAD TO belong to the union. Teachers had health insurance that HAD TO be provided by a certain insurance company the teacher union is affiliated with. That health insurance provider didn't have to compete and charged way too much.

By Walker saying teachers didn't have to be in the union and saying communities could source other health insurance providers the communities are saving huge $$$ because the other providers are competitive. He balanced the budget by giving the communities less money but giving them the power to negotiate better more competitive contracts thus saving them money.

When Walker asked the union to make concessions, they said no, they would rather see teachers laid off.

The teacher union supports the democrats and the democrats in the past have been fine with the status quo. They knew if Walker got elected that would change and when he did there are e-mails thrown about suggesting the unions renegotiate before his changes passed and exploring ways they could delay implementing his changes even if they passed. I think part of the democrats leaving the state was so that some communities could have time to renegotiate. Now those communities suffer for it because they are getting less from the state and can't offset that with paying less in insurance because they are stuck with the union insurance.

I think being a teacher is one of the most honorable professions. I agree they don't get paid what they should and part of being paid less is understanding you get good benefits. But we ALL have had our insurance cut year after year, less benefits and having to pay more. It's a sad reality. I hope they are still getting good benefits and comparable insurance.

Walker did what should have been done a long time ago. If they recall him, I'll vote for him again as I hope most informed people will.

Last edited by Jack; 12-16-2011 at 01:57 PM.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-16-2011, 04:32 PM

Sportbike: A weed wacker
Years Riding: Just started today as a matter of fact..
How you found us: A dream I had once

Send a message via MSN to JRSMAIL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
No, he just did what was not popular--he fixed the problem. But you have people saying whatever they can to sway people and paint him as the devil. And the sheeple follow.

From what I've read, Walker as county exec of Milwaukee saw the beauracracy and BS. The teacher union negotiates contracts with communities. Teachers HAD TO belong to the union. Teachers had health insurance that HAD TO be provided by a certain insurance company the teacher union is affiliated with. That health insurance provider didn't have to compete and charged way too much.

By Walker saying teachers didn't have to be in the union and saying communities could source other health insurance providers the communities are saving huge $$$ because the other providers are competitive. He balanced the budget by giving the communities less money but giving them the power to negotiate better more competitive contracts thus saving them money.

When Walker asked the union to make concessions, they said no, they would rather see teachers laid off.

The teacher union supports the democrats and the democrats in the past have been fine with the status quo. They knew if Walker got elected that would change and when he did there are e-mails thrown about suggesting the unions renegotiate before his changes passed and exploring ways they could delay implementing his changes even if they passed. I think part of the democrats leaving the state was so that some communities could have time to renegotiate. Now those communities suffer for it because they are getting less from the state and can't offset that with paying less in insurance because they are stuck with the union insurance.

I think being a teacher is one of the most honorable professions. I agree they don't get paid what they should and part of being paid less is understanding you get good benefits. But we ALL have had our insurance cut year after year, less benefits and having to pay more. It's a sad reality. I hope they are still getting good benefits and comparable insurance.

Walker did what should have been done a long time ago. If they recall him, I'll vote for him again as I hope most informed people will.
Well put....

Jon
MSF Instructor

<---- Useless

Always Stand For What You Believe In... Even If Means You Stand Alone...
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-16-2011, 05:10 PM

Sportbike: ninja
Years Riding: since I was a kid
How you found us: K.I.T.T.

teachers make to much money for just talking all day?

I know a lot of liberals that become teachers. So they already have the entitlement logic when entering in that position.

love dis video
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-16-2011, 07:47 PM
TOOS Racing

Sportbike: gsxr 1000 gsxr 750
Years Riding: enough to know better
How you found us: googled "pussies on bikes"

the unions cry that its unfair that police, fireman and teachers should suffer because of "greedy fat-cat" wall street.

well, everyone else has had to suffer so the unions and all they represent can suck a bag of dicks as far as i am concerned.
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-17-2011, 07:04 PM
Cuddlie as a koala

Sportbike: Which bike?
Years Riding: Too long.
How you found us: Ken offered me money to join.

Public unions are nothing but a bunch of self centered cry babies. Janesville and Beloit are fucked. They locked in a new contract right before the deadline. Now the JSD is looking at layoffs and BSD closed 3 schools (but is spending $70M to renovate the HS pool and build a new middle school. Go figure). Typical spend spend spend.

Hell when they repainted the fire hydrant across teh street it took 3 people 4 hrs to do it. Really? 3 FUCKING PEOPLE and 4 HOURS? And these werent kids. Ya know it was at least 1-2 supers out of the 3 since one was doing all the work (albeit extremely slow).

And seriously do these recall retreads think that if a democunt is elected in that they will get back all their "rights"?

I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested.
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-18-2011, 12:16 AM

Sportbike: ninja
Years Riding: since I was a kid
How you found us: K.I.T.T.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YZFRob View Post
Public unions are nothing but a bunch of self centered cry babies. Janesville and Beloit are fucked. They locked in a new contract right before the deadline. Now the JSD is looking at layoffs and BSD closed 3 schools (but is spending $70M to renovate the HS pool and build a new middle school. Go figure). Typical spend spend spend.

Hell when they repainted the fire hydrant across teh street it took 3 people 4 hrs to do it. Really? 3 FUCKING PEOPLE and 4 HOURS? And these werent kids. Ya know it was at least 1-2 supers out of the 3 since one was doing all the work (albeit extremely slow).

And seriously do these recall retreads think that if a democunt is elected in that they will get back all their "rights"?

don't you have fox news in your state? They love people calling in when there is something wrong with public workers. They busted a bunch of highway maintenance guys sleeping on the job.... to alderman's having their bodyguards being their kids taxi cab.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-18-2011, 01:26 AM
TOOS Racing

Sportbike: gsxr 1000 gsxr 750
Years Riding: enough to know better
How you found us: googled "pussies on bikes"

drive around glencoe one day. all you see are 3 white guys and one black dude standing around watching 2 mexicans working.
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-18-2011, 02:15 AM
Cuddlie as a koala

Sportbike: Which bike?
Years Riding: Too long.
How you found us: Ken offered me money to join.

Quote:
Originally Posted by taledarkside View Post
don't you have fox news in your state? They love people calling in when there is something wrong with public workers. They busted a bunch of highway maintenance guys sleeping on the job.... to alderman's having their bodyguards being their kids taxi cab.
No alderman here. City council and city mgr (who is hire by the council, not elected). Fox news isnt gonna give a damn about some small city crap.

I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode