*Disturbing* - New photos of Buchenwald - WWII Concentration Camp - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

World news and Politics Discussions This is the place for all discussions about whats going on in the news and all of those political debates so many of us love to have.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-16-2011, 04:56 PM Thread Starter
Si Vis Pacem Parabellum

Sportbike: 955i Speed Triple, 100AE Road King, AP1 Honda S2000
Years Riding: 1/3rd of my life.
How you found us: Cave Johnson

*Disturbing* - New photos of Buchenwald - WWII Concentration Camp

From a private collection of US GI who was part of the liberation of Buchenwald - Just released to the Smithsonian, not published yet, these are photos very few people have seen as of now.

WARNING- the first few aren't horrific, but further down they are very disturbing.

From the grandson of the soldier, edited for context-

Quote:
He didn't say much about it to be honest. He mentioned liberating a concentration camp. He had a very strong dislike of Patton. The following is all I was ever able to get him to talk about. My mother knows more. I found out more about his military career after he died than when he was still alive.

When I asked about the prison guards he told me that they tried to surrender to some of his men. My grandfather was a sergeant or Lt at the time and his immediate supervisor said "We'll take one of you, and that's it". There were two other guards, one of which was given to the prisoners and the other was given to Russian troops who arrived a day later. The prisoners hung one of the guards. The Russians did things my grandfather wouldn't elaborate on other than to say he didn't feel sorry for them (the germans) at all.

He told me the story of how they initially tried to feed some of the starving prisoners. A couple GIs caught and killed a wild pig, cooked it, and began handing out pieces to prisoners. Several prisoners died when their stomachs burst. The men had to take the food away. My grandfather remembered this as being incredibly difficult.

In this camp, the Mayor and his wife of the adjoining town knew about the atrocities as did the townsfolk. My grandfather and several other went into the town and forced the residents help with the cleanup. You may have seen a similar situation in "Band of Brothers" series. All my grandfather would say was that the townspeople were no better than the guards holding the keys.

I later read that the Mayor's wife used to have the prisoners line up in the yard. She would walk past and select certain prisoners with tattoos or scars. The Nazi guards would pull the prisoner out of line and carve out the patch of skin with the tattoo or scar and would later give it to the Mayor's wife. Ever heard of the Nazi lampshades made of human skin? I believe this is where that story originated from since the Mayor's wife owned several skin lampshades.

In one of the pictures you'll also notice what appear to be cubes with something in them. Those are actually internal organs from prisoner test subjects. My grandfather only mentioned this once that I can remember. Apparently medical tests were performed on prisoners at Buchenwald.

I've got a lot more pictures. These were the ones already scanned that I grabbed.

Never forget.

Brian
NESBA #22
الكافرة مع بندقية سوداء
Si vis pacem parabellum

Quote:
Yeah, I quit doing blow, not being rad!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-16-2011, 05:26 PM
PIKUACH NEFESH

Sportbike: Italian,British,Japanese,Czech
Years Riding: LONG TIME
How you found us: CRR

And people wonder why we cant live in peace.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-16-2011, 05:36 PM

Sportbike: ninja
Years Riding: since I was a kid
How you found us: K.I.T.T.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STANIMAL View Post
And people wonder why we cant live in peace.

you know the people that support Ron Paul wants this to happen to the Jews again. There is still a huge hatred for jews thinking they run the country, and the US government are puppets for Jews from Israel.

I'll post up a great tv show I bought in Poland bout the poles being underground fighting the Nazis. I havn't had a chance to watch all of them, but lucky to see it in DVD.

well heres the intro to it. recently made tv show,but the intro is in black n white for some reason. the show is in color
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-16-2011, 05:39 PM
Super Moderator

Sportbike: bikeless
Years Riding: 10
How you found us: Shit, you know I'm a clsb OG!

Send a message via AIM to Vcook

Chris
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-16-2011, 05:44 PM
Wisconsin FIB

Sportbike: Speed Triple 06 Blue
Years Riding: Since June 2002
How you found us: Pilotx1

Quote:
Originally Posted by taledarkside View Post
you know the people that support Ron Paul wants this to happen to the Jews again. There is still a huge hatred for jews thinking they run the country, and the US government are puppets for Jews from Israel.
I wouldn't go that far, rather, we forget the atrocities that can occur when no country steps in. Ron Paul is the extreme case of smaller Govt, not the leader for a final solution.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-16-2011, 05:44 PM

staminal you shold check this movie out if you havn't . its comedy also sad about what happned in the Ukraine/russia about the slaughter of jews there

post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-16-2011, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleZ View Post
I wouldn't go that far, rather, we forget the atrocities that can occur when no country steps in. Ron Paul is the extreme case of smaller Govt, not the leader for a final solution.

he has huge following of anti jews. they like ron paul because of his small government. They believe he will break ties with Israel.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-16-2011, 05:51 PM Thread Starter
Si Vis Pacem Parabellum

Quote:
staminal you shold check this movie out if you havn't . its comedy also sad about what happned in the Ukraine/russia about the slaughter of jews there

That was a good film.

Brian
NESBA #22
الكافرة مع بندقية سوداء
Si vis pacem parabellum

Quote:
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-16-2011, 05:55 PM
Obsessed and Deranged

Sportbike: SV1000S
Years Riding: too many years
How you found us: dumb luck

Quote:
he has huge following of anti jews. they like ron paul because of his small government. They believe he will break ties with Israel.
there are alot more anti semites in the OWS crowd than in the paulites, ive seen videos of OWS shouting obsenities at "Jew bankers", obambi has snubbed ben net repeatedly and encouraged OWS in this
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-16-2011, 06:10 PM
PIKUACH NEFESH

Sportbike: Italian,British,Japanese,Czech
Years Riding: LONG TIME
How you found us: CRR

Quote:

I have seen this movie , its based on actual events .

I remember my father telling me what a friend of his did . The village he lived in with his family was invaded by the germans . Another russian (not jewish) family ratted his out to the germans ,stating that they were jews . He was a soldier at the time and was away .When he came back and found out his entire family was killed , he located all of the members of the family that ratted his out and killed everyone in the house .

Human beings are doomed . We keep repeating the same mistakes .
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-16-2011, 06:25 PM Thread Starter
Si Vis Pacem Parabellum

Quote:
Originally Posted by STANIMAL View Post
I have seen this movie , its based on actual events .

I remember my father telling me what a friend of his did . The village he lived in with his family was invaded by the germans . Another russian (not jewish) family ratted his out to the germans ,stating that they were jews . He was a soldier at the time and was away .When he came back and found out his entire family was killed , he located all of the members of the family that ratted his out and killed everyone in the house .

Human beings are doomed . We keep repeating the same mistakes .
"It is in your nature to destroy yourselves."

Brian
NESBA #22
الكافرة مع بندقية سوداء
Si vis pacem parabellum

Quote:
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-16-2011, 08:14 PM
lust for bikes!

Sportbike: a prostitute
Years Riding: a prostitute
How you found us: a prostitute

thanks for posting.

only thing that can be done is to attempt to learn from past exertions of hatred by peoples and governments. for those that are not familiar with atrocities committed by the khmer rouge, also the japanese, in the invasion of manchuria. specifically a camp called unit 741 should educate themselves. possibly most disturbing is the japanese denial of these atrocities. shame that these topics are not more well known.

and yes humanity is inevitably headed for non existence. hatred will prevail. after all its easier to shun and hate than accept and understand.

"Why are all these people here? There are too many people on this earth. We need a new plague…"

"Thats it, nobody gets out of here alive."

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRobbins View Post
I agree completely with Steve (nouseforaname)

Last edited by nouseforaname; 12-16-2011 at 08:17 PM.
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-17-2011, 02:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nouseforaname View Post
thanks for posting.

only thing that can be done is to attempt to learn from past exertions of hatred by peoples and governments. for those that are not familiar with atrocities committed by the khmer rouge, also the japanese, in the invasion of manchuria. specifically a camp called unit 741 should educate themselves. possibly most disturbing is the japanese denial of these atrocities. shame that these topics are not more well known.

and yes humanity is inevitably headed for non existence. hatred will prevail. after all its easier to shun and hate than accept and understand.

How about Russia invading Poland because the Nazis asked them too. Murdered a lot of people. And Russia had 25,000 prisoners of war, which were later executed. I think it was mainly because there was no food to feed them. This was a better idea then to let them go free.

There was MAO in china that starved his people. Sadam gassed people.

where should people learn this history? I know the nutjobs cry that the mass media doesn't talk about it. They do, but it isn't to educate people on a daily basis.
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-17-2011, 11:00 AM
I don't know...

Sportbike: more than one... one less now...
Years Riding: not long enough
How you found us: Some girl was talking about it.

Please don't forget that there were Germans that did things against it and tried to take Hitler down... not everyone agreed to this!

My grandfather was a soldier, he was in the Battle of Stalingrad. When the Russians came, he was taken to a Russian POW camp and most likely only survived because he was a dressmaker and was doing alternations to the Officers uniforms.

Never forget the past, but live for the future!

post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-17-2011, 11:55 AM

Sportbike: Triumph Bonneville...the original sportbike!
Years Riding: Since about 11 years after my adult teeth came in
How you found us: I tripped over ya on my way to the can!

The greatest horror of all is that there is a strong movement worldwide to erase the halocaust from history. To deny it ever happened. It is already being ignored in some school systems and even in some universities. Even in some academic circles in the USA!
It's not going to be erased while there are so many around with first hand memories or who have been taught the history, but what about 25 or 50 years from now?
Case in point...Ask any Japanese citizen under the age of say 40 what they can tell you about Pearl Harbor and their defeat in World War 2 and they won't know what you are talking about! They are taught nothing about it in their history! The generation that lived it has not fully passed and their grandchildren know nothing of it.
That's why these photos are so important to be shown...Thanks for sharing!

"Dirt is for racing on...Asphalt is for getting there" OR "Flat trackers go in deeper and come out harder... OR (With apologies to General MaCarthur) "Old motorcycle racers never die, they just slip off the groove and fade into the dust!

If you want to anger a conservative, tell him a lie. To anger a liberal all one must do is tell the truth!
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-17-2011, 12:43 PM
Üter Zörker

Sportbike: Silver 'Blade
Years Riding: Jan '07
How you found us: Stumbled onto it by mistake...

I just returned back from Far East Russia (Khabarovsk) about 3 weeks ago.

What blew my mind was one day we had dinner with one of my wife's friend's parents. This guy is in his late 70's. He remembers that Russia had Japanese POW's well into the late 1950's to build the flats they live in. He was in his mid-20's at this point and newly married. He said that as they finished a building his building he moved in and could see them working on adjacent buildings. I was absolutely floored when he said this. He said it in Russian and I thought I misunderstood because my Russian is not very strong. But I was right, he said 1956 and they were still working.

My jaw hit the floor and I didn't know what to say. The only thing I could mutter was the war had already been over for years. He looked back dead serious and said, "But we had work for them to do.....we built them a nice camp up the road."

post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-17-2011, 02:10 PM

Sportbike: Triumph Bonneville...the original sportbike!
Years Riding: Since about 11 years after my adult teeth came in
How you found us: I tripped over ya on my way to the can!

^^^ I would certainly agree that there is a case to be made that it was wrong for the Russians to hold Japanese POW's more than a decade after the war was over but that has no relationship to what the Germans did at places like Dachau, Buchenwald etc.
Remember...The Japanese were as guilty of atrocities during WW 2 as the Germans were and in some parts of the world they were sentenced to prison for their war crimes. The only reason they (the Japanese) were given a "pass" by the USA was because it was believed that if we started to bring the Japanese leadership, especially the Monarchy to trial to account for their atrocities, it would be impossible to control the Japanese people during the post war occupation. The Russians (who had been to war with Japan many times over about a 200 year span) and others did not share our "forgiving" concerns. BIG difference between POW work camps and Nazi Concentration(death) camps.

"Dirt is for racing on...Asphalt is for getting there" OR "Flat trackers go in deeper and come out harder... OR (With apologies to General MaCarthur) "Old motorcycle racers never die, they just slip off the groove and fade into the dust!

If you want to anger a conservative, tell him a lie. To anger a liberal all one must do is tell the truth!
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-17-2011, 02:32 PM
Old Squid on a Blade

Sportbike: 2000 929
Years Riding: Longer than most of you have been alive. And I'm still slow.
How you found us: The voices in my head told me to come here

One of my best friends is a survivor. He lost everyone, but his sister who hid in a nunnery. He is almost 80 and travels the country teaching about tolerance so atrocities like this don't happen again.

Of course, they have and will...

There is nothing firm, nothing balanced, nothing durable in all the universe. Nothing remains in its original state, each day, each hour, each moment, there is change. Change is the essence of life. Embrace change as you do life. To fight change is to live in the past.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode