260k in sick days - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

World news and Politics Discussions This is the place for all discussions about whats going on in the news and all of those political debates so many of us love to have.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-23-2012, 02:28 PM Thread Starter
U-P-G-R-A-Y-E-D-D

Sportbike: 04 GSXR6
Years Riding: 2
How you found us: I thought it was a line for muffins

Send a message via AIM to FiReBReTHa
260k in sick days

Quote:
“… made up of School-board-stacking, taxpayer-fleecing, campaign insiders.”

Former Gov. Jim Edgar’s endorsement ad calls Roger Eddy (R-Hutsonville) a solid conservative. Say whaaat? He’s more like a “pay-to-play” organizer.

With a stacked school board of campaign cronies, school superintendent- state representative Roger Eddy (R-Hutsonville) has racked up over a quarter million dollars of “ill-gotten gains” in an “off-the-books” account.

By contract, Roger Eddy gets to accumulate unused “sick days and personal days” into a bank account. Eddy has 417 such days in his “sick bank” worth $260,929!

So who approved Roger Eddy’s 2011-2014 superintendent contract? See it here.

Tina Callaway, president of the school board is also treasurer of Roger Eddy’s campaign fund; Fred Clatfelter, Secretary of the school board is also immediate past Chairman of Eddy’s campaign fund. Clatfelter is also Roger Eddy’s paid staffer with over $127,000 plus pension benefits since 2005. Source: openthebooks.com

Roger Eddy,with cover from Jim Edgar, Has brought the Chicago Way to your town.

In January, the Better Government Association gave spotlight to the unused “sick day” bank accounts of the Chicago Public Schools. Since 2006, 300 Principals and administrators have individually cashed out over $100,000 of these “sick bank” days. The highest payout was $250,000. Eddy's benefits beat them all.

Very embarrassing moment for Jim Edgar and the Illinois Republican Party… no excuses.

We’ve detailed Roger Eddy as an across-the-board tax hiking, big spending, SEIU and union funded, double dipping, ethics law breaking, and now… a ‘sick’ embarrassment. He’s had no denials…

On Tuesday, February 28th, prepare for our For The Good of Illinois PAC “Blow Up Illinois Corruption Money Bomb”. My wife Kerry Andrzejewski is matching up to the first $10,000 contributed and you can get a head start today, click here.

Sincerely,

ADAM ANDRZEJEWSKI
Chairman | For The Good of Illinois PAC

PS. Even a five old year has a role to play… special thank you to my five and seven year old daughters for help “connecting the dots”.

thoughts?

www.firespeedtactical.com
Trial By Fire.
Like our page!
http://www.facebook.com/firespeedtactical

Quote:
"I'm spooning a barrett 50 cal. I could kill a building."
-Archer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-23-2012, 03:41 PM
Obsessed and Deranged

Sportbike: SV1000S
Years Riding: too many years
How you found us: dumb luck

someday we will take this seriously , probably the day after the world forcloses on us and we loose our country

The office of Senator Jeff Sessions, ranking member on the Senate Budget Committee, sends along this chart, showing that 'America’s Per Capita Government Debt Worse Than Greece,' as well as Ireland, Italy, France, Portugal, and Spain:
Attached Images
File Type: png -1_img_assist_custom-640x421.png (145.2 KB, 31 views)
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-23-2012, 04:13 PM

Sportbike: ninja
Years Riding: since I was a kid
How you found us: K.I.T.T.

I remember in junior high, my teacher was bragging how she was never sick and will be raking it in with all her sick days before retirement.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-24-2012, 01:47 PM

Sportbike: BMW R1100s
Years Riding: 13
How you found us: Rider

Well it's not like that everywhere. I worked for the city of Chicago and rarely took a sick day. After 11 years there I left for a new position. I accrued hundreds of hours of sick time over those 11 years. I probably could have taken close to two months off.

However that sick time expired when I left the city. I was not able to cash it in. Realistically, I would have been fired if I used all that time too, unless I had to take FMLA time because I got cancer or something.

So it's not everyone. Both my parents were high school teachers. My dad was at East Aurora and they didn't let you cash in sick time. My mom was in Cicero and that HS had a very hard time recruiting teachers. They let her cash in sick time as a recruiting perk. I think the village picked up that cost not the state though.

She might have had a lot of time but she got cancer and blew through it fast. My dad died less than a year after he retired.

Blah, Blah, Blah

Get your Portable ID!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode