US department of spending, caught spending - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

World news and Politics Discussions This is the place for all discussions about whats going on in the news and all of those political debates so many of us love to have.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-09-2012, 04:15 PM Thread Starter

Sportbike: ninja
Years Riding: since I was a kid
How you found us: K.I.T.T.

US department of spending, caught spending

i guess there is a dept of spending that is suppose to look into things. They had some convention in Las Vegas which costs the tax payers more than 500,000 dollars. (i can look up the real numbers if the liberals want it)

So they were dumb enough to make a video about how they were living it up in vegas. I heard they were canned.

fox news clip
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-09-2012, 04:26 PM
Obsessed and Deranged

Sportbike: SV1000S
Years Riding: too many years
How you found us: dumb luck

it was $800,000
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-09-2012, 04:42 PM
Obsessed and Deranged

As part of its Easter Egg Roll festivities, the White House is conducting a basketball clinic for kids featuring pro players.

Apparently, the basketball lesson doesn’t include instruction in humility.

i wonder how much we paid for vanity basketballs
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Obama-basketball.jpg (67.8 KB, 33 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-09-2012, 04:50 PM

Sportbike: CBR1000RR
Years Riding: Been around the block with training wheels
How you found us: Folks

Irony is that GSA is the organization whose job is to enforce government spending.
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-09-2012, 05:06 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gone In 3 View Post
Irony is that GSA is the organization whose job is to enforce government spending.

thats what happens when you have democrats running the government. They pretty much have the same mentality as Occupy wallstreet.

"the government owes me"

The government is rich and should give money. oh wait, isn't the government paid for by the people.
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-09-2012, 05:14 PM
The Victim Newbie

Sportbike: 2007 mountain bike
Years Riding: just started
How you found us: svrider.com

Send a message via AIM to clearwaterms Send a message via MSN to clearwaterms Send a message via Yahoo to clearwaterms
Quote:
Originally Posted by taledarkside View Post
i guess there is a dept of spending that is suppose to look into things. They had some convention in Las Vegas which costs the tax payers more than 500,000 dollars. (i can look up the real numbers if the liberals want it)

So they were dumb enough to make a video about how they were living it up in vegas. I heard they were canned.

fox news clip
so now government employee's are not allowed to have fun? It was a joke, it was a parody video. Big companies do stuff like this ALL the time, and most companies say it is great because it builds moral and when employee's enjoy their jobs they will naturally do it better. This was clearly an inside joke, it was not meant for public consumption.

This is Fox news trying to fabricate a story out of something that nobody else thought was that big of a deal.

<-- Chris

turn the bars left and go right; that just isn't right
post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-09-2012, 05:18 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by clearwaterms View Post
so now government employee's are not allowed to have fun? It was a joke, it was a parody video. Big companies do stuff like this ALL the time, and most companies say it is great because it builds moral and when employee's enjoy their jobs they will naturally do it better. This was clearly an inside joke, it was not meant for public consumption.

This is Fox news trying to fabricate a story out of something that nobody else thought was that big of a deal.

What does fox news have to do with this? This event was on every single news channel.

government employees are not allowed to have fun in las vegas when it costs 800,000 dollars. I guess you can't comprehend the difference between the wasteful spending they did vs the video they made.
post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-09-2012, 05:40 PM
Obsessed and Deranged

Quote:

nice try, if a private compny does it they waste their own money, when govt employees do it they waste our money, and then they joke about it and you cant get over your bias against FOX news? weak, really weak , of course it was not meant for public consumption, and neither was barrys hot mic comments to the ruskies either, these folks do alot of stuff that they dont want to be public, and the news outlets has helped them a great deal here, which is most likely why you hate FOX news
post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-09-2012, 08:10 PM
The Victim Newbie

Sportbike: 2007 mountain bike
Years Riding: just started
How you found us: svrider.com

Send a message via AIM to clearwaterms Send a message via MSN to clearwaterms Send a message via Yahoo to clearwaterms
Quote:
Originally Posted by elroy121 View Post
nice try, if a private compny does it they waste their own money, when govt employees do it they waste our money, and then they joke about it and you cant get over your bias against FOX news? weak, really weak , of course it was not meant for public consumption, and neither was barrys hot mic comments to the ruskies either, these folks do alot of stuff that they dont want to be public, and the news outlets has helped them a great deal here, which is most likely why you hate FOX news
I don't hate Fox news. I hate the news in general. I just assumed because this is the first I am hearing of this Fox was the only one that bothered to pick it up. I apologize for that piece. I have nothing more against Fox than I do against, ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN, etc. They are all profit driven and as such sensationalists.

As for the comments of wasting our money. I would disagree, it is my point that the small cost of making the video causes an increase in employee moral. So while they might have wasted 6-8 hours per person, over the next year they will accomplish more because they enjoy the job more because they get to do stuff like this.

It is my opinion that people make statements like your comment about wasting money our money is because some part of them believes they could do the job better than the person currently doing it. This always bothers me. Elroy, I have no idea what you do, but more than likely you do it better than I what I do. At the same time, I do what I do because I am better at it than the people I help to do it. The boss that was in charge of these people approved this video (if they hadn't they would not have won an award for it) and because they approved it, clearly that means they think it brings value to the department, organization, etc.

If you want to discuss wasting money, lets discuss the war in Iraq. Let's discuss the never ending increase in government hand outs. Let's discuss the fact that we gave money to Big oil when they made a SHIT ton of money last year. Let's discuss the ever increasing debt ceiling. Let's discuss the cost of social security against the received benefits. Let's us discuss all of the really important debt pieces in this country. These discussions are the ones that are costing our countries BILLIONS. This video cost this country hundreds or MAYBE a few thousand dollars. The trade show at 800,000 is something different, but again, I see value in employee's coming together to work on tasks that the entire company needs to be together for.

<-- Chris

turn the bars left and go right; that just isn't right
post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-09-2012, 08:23 PM
Super Moderator

Sportbike: bikeless
Years Riding: 10
How you found us: Shit, you know I'm a clsb OG!

Send a message via AIM to Vcook
The daily show panned this too, even going so far as to compliment fox news! Stewart was cringing when he did it..

Chris
post #11 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-10-2012, 02:26 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
I don't hate Fox news. I hate the news in general. I just assumed because this is the first I am hearing of this Fox was the only one that bothered to pick it up. I apologize for that piece. I have nothing more against Fox than I do against, ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN, etc. They are all profit driven and as such sensationalists.
first of hearing of this? thats sad

How profit driven is local news? Looks like you are confused by cable news.

Quote:
As for the comments of wasting our money. I would disagree, it is my point that the small cost of making the video causes an increase in employee moral. So while they might have wasted 6-8 hours per person, over the next year they will accomplish more because they enjoy the job more because they get to do stuff like this.
you mean the 800,000 dollars they spent making the video?

Oh man, i hope Mcdonalds, spends 90,000 dollars on me, and i will come back and flip burgers like no man has before.

Quote:
It is my opinion that people make statements like your comment about wasting money our money is because some part of them believes they could do the job better than the person currently doing it. This always bothers me. Elroy, I have no idea what you do, but more than likely you do it better than I what I do. At the same time, I do what I do because I am better at it than the people I help to do it. The boss that was in charge of these people approved this video (if they hadn't they would not have won an award for it) and because they approved it, clearly that means they think it brings value to the department, organization, etc.
WAT?

I can do everyones job better. That doesn't mean the taxpayers should give me 10,000,000 for it. why should the public sector get a 800,000 vacation when the private sector doesn't not do that?

Quote:
If you want to discuss wasting money, lets discuss the war in Iraq. Let's discuss the never ending increase in government hand outs. Let's discuss the fact that we gave money to Big oil when they made a SHIT ton of money last year. Let's discuss the ever increasing debt ceiling. Let's discuss the cost of social security against the received benefits. Let's us discuss all of the really important debt pieces in this country. These discussions are the ones that are costing our countries BILLIONS. This video cost this country hundreds or MAYBE a few thousand dollars. The trade show at 800,000 is something different, but again, I see value in employee's coming together to work on tasks that the entire company needs to be together for.
because the topic isn't about government spending. it is a discussion about government employees blowing 800,000 dollars for something that doesn't help anyone.

"we gave money to big oil when they made a shit ton of money"
oh thought you said we should "REWARD" people so they can do better work next year.

"debt ceiling" maybe if 800,000 dollars was't blown, it wouldn't be so high.
post #12 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-10-2012, 03:02 PM Thread Starter

oh snap, this isn't fox news

post #13 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-10-2012, 03:53 PM
Obsessed and Deranged

Quote:

you are unhinged for sure, posting a whole paragraph against things i never commented on in the first place, you sound like an angry liberal who has lost his sense of reason, but i will try to reason with you anyway

the simple act of making a video is not the cardinal sin here, the subject of the video seems to mock the way they waste money when their reason for being is to controll spending,in addition to blowing $800,000 for a party which was in the video too a clear conflict of interest, i see no upside to "employees coming together to work on tasks" if the task is to see how fast they can bankrupt this country, it would be like a police dept make a video joking about muggings and how they wont do anything about it

every dollar this government wastes, or gives to a foreign dictator bothers me, not just the liberal whining points you spout
post #14 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-10-2012, 04:35 PM
Obsessed and Deranged

The agency, whose lavish 2010 conference in Sin City drew controversy — and led to the firing or discipline of eight officials — was slated to go back to the scene of the proverbial crime later this month. But alas for slots lovers, the GSA has cancelled “GreenUP 2012 Training Conference and Vendor Showcase,” set to take place in a Vegas hotel on April 25.

A spokesman says the event has been axed, noting that acting Administrator Dan Tangherlini promised in a letter to employees to review all of its upcoming conferences “that involve travel or substantial expenditures of public funds.”

The confab was supposed to bring contractors and GSA workers together to learn about eco-friendly products and services, from plug-in cars to green paper products.

here is the rub, why the F do they need to blow 800K to go to vegas, to "learn" about hybrid cars or "green paper", hold a training conference, or attend a vendor showcase? didnt obama tell us how great these things are? maybe he wasnt clear enough, or maybe those meanies at fox news that are trying to force everyone to be a pregnant christian are obscuring the greatness of the green agenda and us stupid civilians who dont know how to spend money as fast as those pros at the GSA are not enlightened enough to understand whats best for us, oh i know, they needed a morale boost so they will work harder for the rest of the year according to clearwater and somehow that will pay off

answer, because it wastes money, the payback on a Volt has been calculated at 37 years, far longer than the car will last, its a boondoggle to prop up obamas green fallacys, if any of these products actually works the market will decide and people will buy it
post #15 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-10-2012, 04:37 PM
BH

Sportbike: KTM
Years Riding: Long enough to get arm pump
How you found us: find who?

Send a message via Yahoo to BH
Quote:

wtf?
you be retarded.
post #16 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-10-2012, 04:43 PM
Clever Girl

Sportbike: 'Fightered F3
Years Riding: 3 years
How you found us: I woke up here.

Send a message via AIM to Noodles
Quote:
Originally Posted by taledarkside View Post
I can do everyones job better. That doesn't mean the taxpayers should give me 10,000,000 for it. why should the public sector get a 800,000 vacation when the private sector doesn't not do that?
You mean like how AIG spent $440,000 on a retreat for it's salesman days after receiving $85,000,000,000 from tax payers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noodles View Post
Noodles accepts no liability for the content of this post, or for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided, unless that information is subsequently confirmed in writing. Any views or opinions presented in this post are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Noodles.
post #17 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-10-2012, 04:54 PM
Obsessed and Deranged

Quote:
You mean like how AIG spent $440,000 on a retreat for it's salesman days after receiving $85,000,000,000 from tax payers?
again, a bad premise, as a liberal you should know that most people you are trying to argue were against stimulas and bailouts, yet your question implies that the questioned approved of such, typically dishonest arguement from a lib

secondly once AIG had the money they were under no obligation to do the right thing with it, that would require government oversight which obama views like a vampire views a sunrise

thirdly a point lost on all libs, if the rich spend on luxuries, someone is drawing a paycheck to provide such, like when bambi attacked the jet owners which led to the loss of jobs building private jets,flying said jets,refeuling, maintenance,

if you listen to OWS and eat the rich, dont be suprised when your quality of life does not improve, but the governments does
post #18 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-10-2012, 04:59 PM
Clever Girl

Quote:
again, a bad premise, as a liberal you
Stop reading after this.

You're a liberal.

Quote:
Noodles accepts no liability for the content of this post, or for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided, unless that information is subsequently confirmed in writing. Any views or opinions presented in this post are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Noodles.
post #19 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-10-2012, 05:07 PM Thread Starter

Quote:

I said a private company, which would use it own money. It is't my fault the democrats gave them bailout.

So how many burger flippers got a $800,000 las vegas trip?
post #20 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-10-2012, 05:32 PM
Obsessed and Deranged

Quote:
Stop reading after this.

You're a liberal.
you can try to deny.......
post #21 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-10-2012, 05:35 PM
Clever Girl

Quote:
you can try to deny.......
You can try to assume...

Quote:
post #22 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-10-2012, 05:41 PM
Obsessed and Deranged

you fight the liberal side of everything i see so if the shoe fits, wear it with pride
post #23 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-10-2012, 05:43 PM
Clever Girl

Quote:
you fight the liberal side of everything i see so if the shoe fits, wear it with pride
I've explained this many times.

It's a lot more fun and thought provoking to argue the side opposing your beliefs. If I went along with my beliefs, it would just be +1 to most of the posts in here, which is boring.

Quote:
post #24 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-10-2012, 05:45 PM

Quote:
I've explained this many times.

It's a lot more fun and thought provoking to argue the side opposing your beliefs. If I went along with my beliefs, it would just be +1 to most of the posts in here, which is boring.
+1

Plus, there always someone who's willing to bite
post #25 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-10-2012, 05:46 PM
Obsessed and Deranged

so you simply troll and dont believe in the points you defend? and never state your true feelings? got it
post #26 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-10-2012, 05:47 PM
Obsessed and Deranged

Quote:
+1

Plus, there always someone who's willing to bite
you are a different story habibi
post #27 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-10-2012, 05:59 PM
Clever Girl

Quote:
so you simply troll and dont believe in the points you defend? and never state your true feelings? got it
FINALLY!

Damn, how many times do I have to explain it!?

I make it clear when I do express my true opinion, but it's pretty rare in the politics forum.

You want to know my ideals? I align the most with Ron Paul in this upcoming election. And no, I did not vote for Obama.

Quote:
post #28 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-10-2012, 06:00 PM

Quote:
you are a different story habibi
Walla?
post #29 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-10-2012, 06:05 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
You want to know my ideals? I align the most with Ron Paul in this upcoming election. And no, I did not vote for Obama.

So you are a conspircy theorist. thats worse than a liberal.
post #30 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-10-2012, 06:05 PM
Obsessed and Deranged

well then you shouldnt break character when i reply to your bait, you should become the enraged liberal we all love to hate

i'm a RP repub( Gin3 too i think) on domestic issues, but he goes off the rails on FP and muzzie issues

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode