US taxpayers paid more to Israeli defense budget than Israelis - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

World news and Politics Discussions This is the place for all discussions about whats going on in the news and all of those political debates so many of us love to have.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-18-2012, 03:41 PM Thread Starter

Sportbike: CBR1000RR
Years Riding: Been around the block with training wheels
How you found us: Folks

US taxpayers paid more to Israeli defense budget than Israelis

Quote:
The Israeli army’s chief of staff states that in the past three years, “US taxpayers have contributed more to the Israeli defense budget than Israeli taxpayers,” according to a report in the Jerusalem Post, a prominent Israeli newspaper.

by Alison Weir

According to the report, Lieutenant-General Gabi Ashkenazi made the statement during a speech on September 11th. In it he emphasized: “We must preserve ties with the United States. I believe this is a security necessity.”

According to the newspaper the speech was at the Calcalist Conference, which appears to be an annual event in Tel Aviv sponsored by the Calcalist newspaper, an Israeli Hebrew-only daily financial newspaper. It is is part of the group that publishes Yedioth Ahronoth, the largest circulation newspaper in Israel.

American taxpayers give Israel over $3 billion per year (over $8 million per day), more than to any other nation, despite the fact that Israel is smaller than New Jersey and is in the top 30 richest countries in the world.

Per capita, Israelis receive $10,000 more U.S. tax money than average.
Some of the other top recipients of US tax money, Egypt and Jordan, were provided this assistance in return for diplomatic recognition of the Israeli state.

According to the Congressional Research Service, Israel is given this money in a lump sum at the beginning of the fiscal year. Americans then pay interest on money they have given to Israel, while Israel makes interest on it.

In recent years Israel has reported a lower unemployment rate than the US and a better account balance.

Ashkenazi’s statements are extremely significant, since this is the first time that an Israeli leader has pointed out that American taxpayers pay more to Israel’s defense budget than do Israelis.

If the costs of the Iraq war, which was largely pushed by Israel partisans in the Bush administration, were added into the equation, the American tax money on behalf of Israel would quite likely dwarf the amount paid by Israeli taxpayers.

Some top economists predict that the cost of the Iraq war will be $3 trillion.

Israel has a population of about 7 million people.

Today, Israel partisans are similarly pushing attacks on Iran.

Israel has frequently been accused of using American funds in violation of U.S. arms control laws.
http://www.veteransnewsnow.com/2012/...than-israelis/

You better be nice to America or we will bring democracy to your country.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-18-2012, 04:14 PM

Sportbike: Kawi ZX-10R
Years Riding: Since February 2012
How you found us: NESBA bbs

Send a message via Yahoo to Chills
How much have we given to Pakistan?

Never a bad time to climb... unless the weather is really horrible, and then you climb inside!

I bleed GREEN
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-18-2012, 04:28 PM Thread Starter

Sportbike: CBR1000RR
Years Riding: Been around the block with training wheels
How you found us: Folks

For a country of 176 million, $2.6 billion in 2010. Of which, $1.2 B is military, $1.4 B is economic.

You better be nice to America or we will bring democracy to your country.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-18-2012, 04:33 PM

Sportbike: Moto Guzzi V-11 sport
Years Riding: since 1998
How you found us: .

worth every penny to keep that area in check

Look, I can appreciate this. I was young too, I felt just like you. Hated authority, hated all my bosses, thought they were full of shit. Look, it's like they say, if you're not a rebel by the age of 20, you got no heart, but if you haven't turned establishment by 30, you've got no brains. Because there are no story-book romances, no fairy-tale endings. So before you run out and change the world, ask yourself, "What do you really want?"
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-18-2012, 04:34 PM
Clever Girl

Sportbike: 'Fightered F3
Years Riding: 3 years
How you found us: I woke up here.

Send a message via AIM to Noodles
Meh, let them all blow each other up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noodles View Post
Noodles accepts no liability for the content of this post, or for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided, unless that information is subsequently confirmed in writing. Any views or opinions presented in this post are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Noodles.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-18-2012, 06:20 PM
PIKUACH NEFESH

Sportbike: Italian,British,Japanese,Czech
Years Riding: LONG TIME
How you found us: CRR

It's the only ally with the US in the mideast. I am guessing Mossad carries out a few operations to keep things in check.

MOTO AND MOTOR
1906 TECHNY RD.
NORTHBROOK IL 60062

SALES*SERVICE*PARTS
847-790-4848
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-18-2012, 06:44 PM
Jewrassic Park Runaway

Sportbike: 2008 Yamaha FZ1 Sleeper
Years Riding: I quit smoking 6 years ago
How you found us: www.chicagorussianriders.com

at least ISraeilis do not storm any US embassies, kill US citizens, blow up US property or burn US flags, like citizens of Egypt, Jordan, Pakistan and all other lesser recipients of US tax payer's money

and to say that Iraq war was started because of Jewish lobby, well... stupid...
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-18-2012, 10:52 PM

Sportbike: 2003 Aprilia Mille R Colin Edwards / 01-02 Ninj ZX6r Tracktoy / 2003 SV650
Years Riding: 12
How you found us: some guy at the IBM credit union told me about it

Quote:
Originally Posted by samal View Post
at least ISraeilis do not storm any US embassies, kill US citizens, blow up US property or burn US flags, like citizens of Egypt, Jordan, Pakistan and all other lesser recipients of US tax payer's money

and to say that Iraq war was started because of Jewish lobby, well... stupid...
Do you think they would if we stopped giving them billions of dollars? Did you refer to our aid system for Israel as a protection racket? That would be an odd protection racket since this shopkeeper could probably squish that mafia like a bug if they wanted to.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-19-2012, 12:11 AM
Jewrassic Park Runaway

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotgreg View Post
Do you think they would if we stopped giving them billions of dollars? Did you refer to our aid system for Israel as a protection racket? That would be an odd protection racket since this shopkeeper could probably squish that mafia like a bug if they wanted to.
wat?
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-19-2012, 12:23 AM

Sportbike: 2003 Aprilia Mille R Colin Edwards / 01-02 Ninj ZX6r Tracktoy / 2003 SV650
Years Riding: 12
How you found us: some guy at the IBM credit union told me about it

Quote:
wat?
He said we give them billions. You said they don't attack us. I said that they probably wouldn't anyway and mentioned the way you put it made it sound like a protection racket. Never mind I was fucking around anyway
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-19-2012, 12:36 AM

Sportbike: 2012 Ducati M696
Years Riding: 4
How you found us: Google

Quote:
Not True

Quote:
Originally Posted by STANIMAL View Post
It's the only ally with the US in the mideast. I am guessing Mossad carries out a few operations to keep things in check.
Your probably half right. They provide a base of operations in a volatile area for us, and probably a lot of really good intelligence. But on the flip side, most of the anti american sentiment we deal with on the world stage is rooted in the fact that we support Isreal.

Though we give them a fuck ton of money, something like 75 percent of it must be spent buying equipment from American companies so it's not like the money disappears. But again, on the flip side, they are allowed to spend the remaining 25 percent on domestic companies. They are the only country who receives military aid from us who are allowed to do this.

Nothing about the situation is black and white. But all in all, on a friendship meter, I'd rate Israel as a "Meh".

Last edited by Trinitrogen; 09-19-2012 at 07:52 AM.
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-19-2012, 08:40 AM
Jewrassic Park Runaway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinitrogen View Post

Really? it was a war time case of friendly fire. Comparing it to Iran embassy in 1979 to Libya Embassy 2012 and everything in between?

and the aid that US pays to Israel doesn't come as charity, nothing US pays to any other country in the world comes as charity. As you mentioned, Israel has to spend most of it in US, actually most of it doesn't leave US at all - it's allocated and then spent with US contractors and goods ship to Israel. in addition to all the intell and support, Israel Military Industries outfits lots of systems on US planes and ships, discloses it's military technology and has to be "non-competible" with US developments.

Do you know US anti-missile system "Arrow"? it started it's life as Israeli system "Hetz" (Arrow in Hebrew) after Iraq war 1991 when "Patriot" sucked so badly. Most of targeting and radar equipment on US fighter jets is Israeli developed and made. at the same time, when Israelis developed "Kfir" fighter that was superior to F-15, US ordered to cease its production and export and development on short notice and buy F-15s for Israeli airforce instead.

Israel is very grateful for US help, but none of it comes as charity or payment for being an ally, unlike the aid that goes to most muslim "allies" (not so Allies any more per BHO)
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-19-2012, 02:08 PM

Sportbike: 2012 Ducati M696
Years Riding: 4
How you found us: Google

Quote:
Really? it was a war time case of friendly fire. Comparing it to Iran embassy in 1979 to Libya Embassy 2012 and everything in between?

and the aid that US pays to Israel doesn't come as charity, nothing US pays to any other country in the world comes as charity. As you mentioned, Israel has to spend most of it in US, actually most of it doesn't leave US at all - it's allocated and then spent with US contractors and goods ship to Israel. in addition to all the intell and support, Israel Military Industries outfits lots of systems on US planes and ships, discloses it's military technology and has to be "non-competible" with US developments.

Do you know US anti-missile system "Arrow"? it started it's life as Israeli system "Hetz" (Arrow in Hebrew) after Iraq war 1991 when "Patriot" sucked so badly. Most of targeting and radar equipment on US fighter jets is Israeli developed and made. at the same time, when Israelis developed "Kfir" fighter that was superior to F-15, US ordered to cease its production and export and development on short notice and buy F-15s for Israeli airforce instead.

Israel is very grateful for US help, but none of it comes as charity or payment for being an ally, unlike the aid that goes to most muslim "allies" (not so Allies any more per BHO)
Relax, you said they don't attack us and I provided counter example. I'm only technically correct (The best kind of correct!). The whole point of my post is to point out that shit ain't black and white. I think people that are implicitly for or against isreal are missing the big picture.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode