If you get raped and become pregnant, thank Jesus - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

World news and Politics Discussions This is the place for all discussions about whats going on in the news and all of those political debates so many of us love to have.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 95 (permalink) Old 10-24-2012, 10:49 AM Thread Starter

Sportbike: CBR1000RR
Years Riding: Been around the block with training wheels
How you found us: Folks

If you get raped and become pregnant, thank Jesus

Quote:
"I struggled with it myself for a long time, but I came to realize life is that gift from God, and I think even when life begins in that horrible situation of rape, that it is something that God intended to happen" - GOP candidate for US Senate in Indiana, Richard Mourdock

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/richa...#ixzz2AEAtOEqW
Gotta love these religious nutballs.

The bigger questions here is, how can people worship someone/something that can allow such heinous acts of violence on innocent life? (I.e. take a 11 y/o gangbanged who then becomes pregnant)

You better be nice to America or we will bring democracy to your country.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 95 (permalink) Old 10-24-2012, 11:24 AM

Sportbike: Kawi ZX-10R
Years Riding: Since February 2012
How you found us: NESBA bbs

Send a message via Yahoo to Chills
Democrats might not be perfect, but you'd never see one spout this nonsense.

You know, its ironic how similar these extreme right wing religious Republicans are to the Muslim extremists. Both use religion to justify the most repulsive acts of people are capable of.

Never a bad time to climb... unless the weather is really horrible, and then you climb inside!

I bleed GREEN
post #3 of 95 (permalink) Old 10-24-2012, 11:27 AM

Sportbike: 08 YZ250F, 03 Tuono
Years Riding: Eh?
How you found us: .

Your big question has a very simple answer.

Confusing and painful things happen to human beings during their lifetimes. The human brain needs a coping mechanism, and if it can't be reached with understanding and rationalization it needs to come from other means. Religion (all religion) provides an umbrella answer to everything using faith in something all powerful and all knowing.

This is enough to satisfy the human brain and provide it with the will to move past whatever awful or confusing thing it was confronting at the time.

Conceptually - it's not all that difficult to understand.

Different strokes for different folks.

<---- Patrick

Property of Evil Monkey Racing

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 95 (permalink) Old 10-24-2012, 11:36 AM

Sportbike: yz250f
Years Riding: 25 years
How you found us: dont recall

why is religion and politics ever discussed together??

Mike

When the tailgate drops..the bullshit stops
Hunt ethically - Hunt with a trained Retriever !
post #5 of 95 (permalink) Old 10-24-2012, 11:40 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Confusing and painful things happen to human beings during their lifetimes. The human brain needs a coping mechanism, and if it can't be reached with understanding and rationalization it needs to come from other means.
One can use the same logic against God.

What I find interesting is that people worship in a wonderful, loving, and a just being, but with all the f-ed up things that happen to innocent people (rape, torture, infanticide), it completely contradicts all the things we've been taught about God.

My gripe is not with a conservative GOP candidate, but with the notion of God and how he can allow such things to happen to the people he himself has created.

How do religions jusitify such acts?

post #6 of 95 (permalink) Old 10-24-2012, 11:44 AM

Sportbike: Kawi ZX-10R
Years Riding: Since February 2012
How you found us: NESBA bbs

Send a message via Yahoo to Chills
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2weelpilot View Post
Good question. Wonder why its always Republicans that bring it up.

Never a bad time to climb... unless the weather is really horrible, and then you climb inside!

I bleed GREEN
post #7 of 95 (permalink) Old 10-24-2012, 11:44 AM
Old Squid on a Blade

Sportbike: 2000 929
Years Riding: Longer than most of you have been alive. And I'm still slow.
How you found us: The voices in my head told me to come here

Beat me to it.

I love it when ultra-right republicans shoot themselves in the foot before an election by pissing off the almost 200,000 women that annually report being victims of sexual assault and the 32,000 women in this country a year who get pregnant as the result of rape.

There is nothing firm, nothing balanced, nothing durable in all the universe. Nothing remains in its original state, each day, each hour, each moment, there is change. Change is the essence of life. Embrace change as you do life. To fight change is to live in the past.
post #8 of 95 (permalink) Old 10-24-2012, 11:44 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2weelpilot View Post
Because we have elected officials who actively implement their personal religious beliefs on others through laws.

post #9 of 95 (permalink) Old 10-24-2012, 11:50 AM

If I pretend that is a serious question - I'll give you my serious answer.

If you base your life/faith around the notion that "everything happens for a reason" and that reason was carefully carved out for each person by the being that loves and cares for you more than anything - then it's very easy to deal with hardships.

Examples: I broke my arm because God / Allah / Yaweh / Jah / etc. wanted me to understand pain and identify with those less fortunate. Or to learn how to wipe my arse with my other hand... or whatever.

Well then lesson learned and you can move on.

There are no religions that I'm aware of (and I'm aware of most) that suggest nothing bad will ever happen to you if your faith is strong enough.

<---- Patrick

post #10 of 95 (permalink) Old 10-24-2012, 11:59 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
If you base your life/faith around the notion that "everything happens for a reason" and that reason was carefully carved out for each person by the being that loves and cares for you more than anything - then it's very easy to deal with hardships.
The problem I see with that is, it does not apply to people who've been through extremely traumatic experiences -- to a point that causes them to completely lose their sanity because of the overwhelming impact on their psyche.

How can you tell someone like that..."yeah, god meant this to happen to you."

post #11 of 95 (permalink) Old 10-24-2012, 12:15 PM

Again - it's a coping mechanism. Not a solution. Those are fundamentally different things, and religion is careful to keep the two separate in the mainstream. Once that line becomes blurry - you become a radical and things tend to spiral sorta quickly.

Stockholm Syndrome is a fantastic (and interesting) example of how human beings can shape their situations in order to cope with bad shit.

<---- Patrick

post #12 of 95 (permalink) Old 10-24-2012, 12:31 PM

Sportbike: Triumph Bonneville...the original sportbike!
Years Riding: Since about 11 years after my adult teeth came in
How you found us: I tripped over ya on my way to the can!

Being a person of faith, my reply to Mr. Mourdock would be to remind him that God doesn't ordain the bad things in life. It's not his will that a woman is raped or that a pregnancy resulted and that he is totally ignoring the fact that evil exists and it's champion is constantly assaulting in an effort destroy faith in God.
I am pro life but, I am not and never have been so extreme that I believe that there should be no exceptions. Rape, incest, health and well being of the mother. The good and loving God I believe in forgives these types of exceptions.

"Dirt is for racing on...Asphalt is for getting there" OR "Flat trackers go in deeper and come out harder... OR (With apologies to General MaCarthur) "Old motorcycle racers never die, they just slip off the groove and fade into the dust!

If you want to anger a conservative, tell him a lie. To anger a liberal all one must do is tell the truth!
post #13 of 95 (permalink) Old 10-24-2012, 12:47 PM Thread Starter

Rape is not God's will? I thought he was all powerful and had dominion over everything?

post #14 of 95 (permalink) Old 10-24-2012, 12:55 PM
Special Agent Lance Boyle

Sportbike: 2010 KX250F
Years Riding: 26
How you found us: Sportbike Network

Send a message via AIM to Sticky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gone In 3 View Post
Rape is not God's will? I thought he was all powerful and had dominion over everything?
wouldn't people who believe in God also belief in the Devil and say that was "the Devil's work"?

either way is a bunch of fairy tale crap

<--------Sticky Nicky
post #15 of 95 (permalink) Old 10-24-2012, 01:02 PM
yo quiero su taco

Sportbike: Honda CBR 954 blk/slvr
Years Riding: 10 years
How you found us: They found me. Follow the white rabbit.

Freedom of speech is a b*tch sometimes lol

"includes 10 used-car dealers or auto repair shops, 11 liquor stores and bars--two of which advertise lingerie fashion shows and a third billed as a "gentlemen's club"--three cut-rate motels and one trailer park. The squat, brick municipal building is next to a currency exchange and a few steps from an adult video store. The bars open at 10 a.m. and close at 6:30 a.m."

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
Something must be fishy...I am going to go poke around in the back end..
post #16 of 95 (permalink) Old 10-24-2012, 01:40 PM

Quote:
You obviously don't have understanding of how the faith thing works. Either that or you don't understand because you don't want to...whatever...it's your choice... While God is all powerful and is capable of anything he gives us free will. With free will comes responsibility. With free will comes the opportunity for evil. Evil is not of God.
The struggle between God and evil is ongoing. It is through faith that we should reject the force of evil. He gives us the free will to choose a path. If we choose to follow him through faith we are rewarded with peace in spite of the evil that surrounds us and an eternal life with him.
If one chooses evil, they will eventually suffer the consequences of that choice.
There is forgiveness, which must be asked for, that will save you from the consequences of evil but, depending on the doctrine, certain requirements must be met for forgiveness.
What's interesting is every major faith is a variation on this same theme.

"Dirt is for racing on...Asphalt is for getting there" OR "Flat trackers go in deeper and come out harder... OR (With apologies to General MaCarthur) "Old motorcycle racers never die, they just slip off the groove and fade into the dust!

If you want to anger a conservative, tell him a lie. To anger a liberal all one must do is tell the truth!
post #17 of 95 (permalink) Old 10-24-2012, 01:53 PM
Pierced & tattooed freak!

Sportbike: 1999 GSX-R750
Years Riding: "None of your bleepin' business!" - Joe Pesci
How you found us: Read about it in a fortune cookie

Getting really sick of this. One's relationship with God, at whatever level that might be, is between them and God and is no one else's business. What a woman chooses to do with her body is also of no concern to anyone else. People need to stop trying to instill their own personal beliefs onto other people when it ultimately is none of their fucking business.

Dante: [to Randal] You never go ass-to-mouth!
Randal: [to Dante] Would you grow up!
Becky: [to Dante] OK, I'm only telling you this because we're friends, but sometimes, in the heat of the moment, it's forgivable to go ass-to-mouth.
Randal: [chuckling] Ha! I knew it.
post #18 of 95 (permalink) Old 10-24-2012, 01:56 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldTimeBiker View Post
You obviously don't have understanding of how the faith thing works. Either that or you don't understand because you don't want to...whatever...it's your choice... While God is all powerful and is capable of anything he gives us free will. With free will comes responsibility. With free will comes the opportunity for evil. Evil is not of God.
The struggle between God and evil is ongoing. It is through faith that we should reject the force of evil. He gives us the free will to choose a path. If we choose to follow him through faith we are rewarded with peace in spite of the evil that surrounds us and an eternal life with him.
If one chooses evil, they will eventually suffer the consequences of that choice.
There is forgiveness, which must be asked for, that will save you from the consequences of evil but, depending on the doctrine, certain requirements must be met for forgiveness.
What's interesting is every major faith is a variation on this same theme.
Didn't God create Satan?
If that's the case, then God's responsible for the actions of Satan.
If he didn't want all these bad things to happen, then he would have eliminated Satan.

So thus, God facilitates all the evil on earth through his spawn. Or through the will of man kind, which he allowed us to have.

Last edited by Gone In 3; 10-24-2012 at 02:03 PM.
post #19 of 95 (permalink) Old 10-24-2012, 02:08 PM

Sportbike: Moto Guzzi V-11 sport
Years Riding: since 1998

Quote:
Originally Posted by GixxerDave View Post
Getting really sick of this. One's relationship with God, at whatever level that might be, is between them and God and is no one else's business. What a woman chooses to do with her body is also of no concern to anyone else. People need to stop trying to instill their own personal beliefs onto other people when it ultimately is none of their fucking business.
Smartest post I've seen in a long time!! (especially from you! j/k)

Look, I can appreciate this. I was young too, I felt just like you. Hated authority, hated all my bosses, thought they were full of shit. Look, it's like they say, if you're not a rebel by the age of 20, you got no heart, but if you haven't turned establishment by 30, you've got no brains. Because there are no story-book romances, no fairy-tale endings. So before you run out and change the world, ask yourself, "What do you really want?"
post #20 of 95 (permalink) Old 10-24-2012, 02:17 PM
Chief Apex Inspector

Sportbike: The Bird is the *word* - XX
Years Riding: Lots
How you found us: Stuck on the bottom of my race boot.......

The guy is a moron ....but he just mis-spoke.

Clarifications.....

"
Mourdock, seeking to clarify his comments in a press conference following the debate, said he had intended to say that "God creates life," and that any interpretation of his comments to mean God "pre-ordained rape" were "sick" and "twisted."
"What I said was, in answering the question form my position of faith, I said I believe that God creates life. I believe that as wholly and as fully as I can believe it. That God creates life," Mourdock said. "Are you trying to suggest that somehow I think that God pre-ordained rape? No, I don't think that. That's sick. Twisted. That's not even close to what I said. What I said is that God creates life."

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-250_162-...-god-intended/

This is mostly idiots / political shills throwing gas on a fire.

I find it funny as it gets a bunch of morons all whipped up about "God" and "faith" and "freedom of choice".

Man it's easy to distract the public from real issues.

Tom

T2
It's ALL between the ears.....
NESBA Midwest CR #82 ( Hey - T2! ) Retired ?
FJR and a Big Red Wing-Thing
BLARNEY's GARAGE
post #21 of 95 (permalink) Old 10-24-2012, 02:19 PM
Pierced & tattooed freak!

Sportbike: 1999 GSX-R750
Years Riding: "None of your bleepin' business!" - Joe Pesci
How you found us: Read about it in a fortune cookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanditCPA View Post
Smartest post I've seen in a long time!! (especially from you! j/k)
Don't worry, I'll say something else eventually that will piss off the masses.

Dante: [to Randal] You never go ass-to-mouth!
Randal: [to Dante] Would you grow up!
Becky: [to Dante] OK, I'm only telling you this because we're friends, but sometimes, in the heat of the moment, it's forgivable to go ass-to-mouth.
Randal: [chuckling] Ha! I knew it.
post #22 of 95 (permalink) Old 10-24-2012, 02:19 PM

Sportbike: ninja
Years Riding: since I was a kid
How you found us: K.I.T.T.

Quote:
Didn't God create Satan?
If he didn't want all these bad things to happen, then he would have eliminated Satan.

So thus, God facilitates all the evil on earth through his spawn. Or through the will of man kind, which he allowed us to have.
wat?

God didn't create Satan. God's coworkers decided being good to people wasn't his cup of tea, so he decided to be a muslim.
post #23 of 95 (permalink) Old 10-24-2012, 02:24 PM
Chief Apex Inspector

Sportbike: The Bird is the *word* - XX
Years Riding: Lots
How you found us: Stuck on the bottom of my race boot.......

Speaking of idiots and shills .....

Tom

T2
It's ALL between the ears.....
NESBA Midwest CR #82 ( Hey - T2! ) Retired ?
FJR and a Big Red Wing-Thing
BLARNEY's GARAGE
post #24 of 95 (permalink) Old 10-24-2012, 02:28 PM

Sportbike: BMW R1100s
Years Riding: 13
How you found us: Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by GixxerDave View Post
Plus!

I think the fact that God was brought into this guys argument confuses things. When I read through his actual statement I gathered another way to look at it and leave God out of the equation would be:

A bad thing happened. But it certainly isn't the child's fault.

The way he said it the statement is all full of God's will and fire and brimstone.

That being said, I agree with Dave. Don't tell me what to think or believe. I'll let the woman make the decision about what to do. She'll have to live with the decision. Some will be able to make it with a clear conscious and others won't.

It's like when you read the stories about casualties. Some die and others survive. Survival doesn't mean you heal 100%. Some people are left with scars that impact the rest of their lives.

I don't know what I'd do if this happened to my wife or daughter but I'd try to support the decision they made and I'd talk it through with them. It would suck and it would leave scars. That's for sure. I just don't care if God wanted it to happen or not. All I know is that a child conceived under those circumstances didn't have any say in the matter.

Blah, Blah, Blah

Get your Portable ID!
post #25 of 95 (permalink) Old 10-24-2012, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLARNEY View Post
Speaking of idiots and shills .....

Tom

yeah, the republicans are paying me to post on clsb
post #26 of 95 (permalink) Old 10-24-2012, 03:07 PM
underpaid pilot

Sportbike: 2001 Honda F4i track bike, 2007 Harley VRSCDX
Years Riding: 12 years
How you found us: Evil monkey made me do it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLARNEY View Post

Man it's easy to distract the public from real issues.

Tom
For some people the freedom of a woman to choose is a real issue. For others it's gun ownership, others it's same sex marriage, and the list goes on and on. Everyone voter has issues they find important, and what's important to you may be very different then what's important to them.

An Angel who did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards

Dave
NESBA #3.14159 1/4
2001 Honda F4i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago Performance View Post

Man that dude has a nice rack though....
post #27 of 95 (permalink) Old 10-24-2012, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Didn't God create Satan?

No, God did not create the evil Satan. Lucifer, which was his heavenly name, had free will just as God's children on earth do.
I'm not going to run to a Bible and try and look it all up and quote scripture and I'm not a biblical scholar or theologian but, as I recall from my Sunday school and the religious rearing of my parents...and what I accept on faith...Lucifer was one of Gods closest and most trusted angels but he started to believe that he could replace God and that he could be a better God. That was of course unacceptable and he was cast from heaven along with any of the other angels who followed him. This was before God giving the earth form and light and the creation of man.
I accept these things on faith but, I also realize that fundamental literal acceptance is far fetched. I rationalize it to myself and my modern educated mind that these versions of events were put forth for a much simpler time and a much simpler group of people and the realities of what took place will one day be revealed to me at a time and place of God's chosing, not mine.
That said...There are events that science is aware of and has documented proof of that ONLY can be explained by accounts in the Bible. Like the great flood of Noah's Ark. and the story where God made the sun stand still in the sky for a full day...it just so happens that time as related to the earth revolving around the sun is off by 24 hours...The Bible account of the sun standing still in the sky is the only explanation anyone has ever found for this anomoly. AND...No, I'm not going to go off and try to prove that...It's a thing I heard in a lecture at Wheaton college decades ago that was told by a source I trust and I accept it on faith as well...If anyone wants to dispute it...I leave it to you to disprove.
I don't have a desire to force my faith on anyone else...If you've heard the message of God and choose to reject it, that's between you and God.
One final thing though...Gods words and laws and doctines and even his miracles have been misused and misinterpreted by men since God breathed life into Adam...American politicians from all ideologies are no exception...and the misuse and misinterpretation of Gods words and such should not be blamed on God.

post #28 of 95 (permalink) Old 10-24-2012, 06:00 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldTimeBiker View Post
No, God did not create the evil Satan. Lucifer, which was his heavenly name, had free will just as God's children on earth do.
I'm not going to run to a Bible and try and look it all up and quote scripture and I'm not a biblical scholar or theologian but, as I recall from my Sunday school and the religious rearing of my parents...and what I accept on faith...Lucifer was one of Gods closest and most trusted angels but he started to believe that he could replace God and that he could be a better God. That was of course unacceptable and he was cast from heaven along with any of the other angels who followed him. This was before God giving the earth form and light and the creation of man.
I accept these things on faith but, I also realize that fundamental literal acceptance is far fetched. I rationalize it to myself and my modern educated mind that these versions of events were put forth for a much simpler time and a much simpler group of people and the realities of what took place will one day be revealed to me at a time and place of God's chosing, not mine.
That said...There are events that science is aware of and has documented proof of that ONLY can be explained by accounts in the Bible. Like the great flood of Noah's Ark. and the story where God made the sun stand still in the sky for a full day...it just so happens that time as related to the earth revolving around the sun is off by 24 hours...The Bible account of the sun standing still in the sky is the only explanation anyone has ever found for this anomoly. AND...No, I'm not going to go off and try to prove that...It's a thing I heard in a lecture at Wheaton college decades ago that was told by a source I trust and I accept it on faith as well...If anyone wants to dispute it...I leave it to you to disprove.
I don't have a desire to force my faith on anyone else...If you've heard the message of God and choose to reject it, that's between you and God.
One final thing though...Gods words and laws and doctines and even his miracles have been misused and misinterpreted by men since God breathed life into Adam...American politicians from all ideologies are no exception...and the misuse and misinterpretation of Gods words and such should not be blamed on God.
So if God could have easily destroyed Lucifer but choose to let him live instead and have his evil influence, isn't God then responsible for all the evils on Earth? Because he allowed it to happen and continues to let it happen?

post #29 of 95 (permalink) Old 10-24-2012, 06:34 PM

Quote:
So if God could have easily destroyed Lucifer but choose to let him live instead and have his evil influence, isn't God then responsible for all the evils on Earth? Because he allowed it to happen and continues to let it happen?
pst, blaiming god for muslims.
post #30 of 95 (permalink) Old 10-24-2012, 07:14 PM
Jim
Tgf Og

Sportbike: trek
Years Riding: 2
How you found us: the smell

this is the one area i stray from my republican ways.. im pro life, however there are circumstances where having the choice should be allowed. Rape is one of them. Health of the mother, children under the age of 18 to give a few. That being said I also think there should be rules like anyone one on welfare or living off the government should not be allowed to reproduce without losing there aid, shit birth control should be given to them as part of there agreement to take the aid/ along with a mandatory yearly random drug test

Join the NRA, help protect our Second Amendment rights
GO Bears!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode