Reality of Chicago - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

World news and Politics Discussions This is the place for all discussions about whats going on in the news and all of those political debates so many of us love to have.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-21-2013, 06:32 AM Thread Starter

Sportbike: ninja
Years Riding: since I was a kid
How you found us: K.I.T.T.

Reality of Chicago

And i don't need a democrat, like this black woman commenting on youtube how its all not their fault because they are poor and not given any oppertunties. YET YET, the chinese, poles, Czech, Russians, vietnamese etc... parts of chicago are NOT killing each other. GIVE ME A BREAK.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-21-2013, 08:31 AM

Sportbike: CBR1100XX & CBR1000F
Years Riding: I can't remember that far back.
How you found us: Member

You left out all the political corruption.
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-21-2013, 10:18 AM Thread Starter

Sportbike: ninja
Years Riding: since I was a kid
How you found us: K.I.T.T.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strek View Post
You left out all the political corruption.
that adds to it, plus the liberals kicking people out of jail who are a threat to society.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-21-2013, 10:39 AM

Sportbike: FJR1300
Years Riding: greater than a decade.
How you found us: google

Send a message via AIM to NickIF
Don't you know that a couple hundred years ago they were made slaves?
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-21-2013, 02:35 PM
Pringles can user

Sportbike: 2005 YZ250
Years Riding: 1977
How you found us: Geo

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickIF View Post
Don't you know that a couple hundred years ago they were made slaves?
your point being? that was a couple of hundred yrs ago and the people living now - whats their excuse? so why is it that you could have some polish, russian, serb, etc immigrant who cant speak a lick of english come over here and get a job, work 80hrs a week, learn english, buy a house fuckin cash, nice car cash and some lazy fuck whos been here their whole life cant do shit but complain and use some old slave shit as a excuse?

DO YOU WANT TO BE A BETTER DIRT OR MX RIDER OR LEARN TO RIDE DIRT?

CLICK THE LINK!

http://www.club57mx.com/

Wiping my last dump was like cleaning Laffy Taffy off a hot car dashboard.
Doug Stanhope

Thanks to my Sponsors - Gaerne, Protaper, ScottUSA, MSR, Motomaster Brake systems, Faction MX, Sunline, Dr D, EVS, DECAL WORKS.
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-21-2013, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnat View Post
your point being? that was a couple of hundred yrs ago and the people living now - whats their excuse? so why is it that you could have some polish, russian, serb, etc immigrant who cant speak a lick of english come over here and get a job, work 80hrs a week, learn english, buy a house fuckin cash, nice car cash and some lazy fuck whos been here their whole life cant do shit but complain and use some old slave shit as a excuse?
totally not the same!
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-21-2013, 03:13 PM

Sportbike: CBR1000RR
Years Riding: Been around the block with training wheels
How you found us: Folks

Both examples have their different set of challenges. Can't compare apples to oranges.

But I agree with tnat, in this country, if you work hard and play a little smart, you can make a decent/good living.

You better be nice to America or we will bring democracy to your country.
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-21-2013, 03:25 PM

Sportbike: I don't ride

so black people bad. White people good?

<---- Useless Mufugga
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-21-2013, 03:34 PM
Bug
Ridiculously Good Looking

Sportbike: Sportbike?
Years Riding: No F'in Idea
How you found us: 4 & 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chunk View Post
so black people bad. White people good?
Honkies Suck

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming WOW, what a RIDE !!"
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-21-2013, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Ok... I was being completely sarcastic. As someone that competed heavily to get a job in the fire service, affirmitive action can kiss my white ass.
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-21-2013, 04:30 PM
Pringles can user

Sportbike: 2005 YZ250
Years Riding: 1977
How you found us: Geo

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickIF View Post
Ok... I was being completely sarcastic. As someone that competed heavily to get a job in the fire service, affirmitive action can kiss my white ass.
is it hard to get a job in the fd or a paramedic area? i could see in a big city but how about say out in the country areas? So with affirmative action - 2 equally qualified applicants one say white and one black - so black guy gets job just cause hes black?

DO YOU WANT TO BE A BETTER DIRT OR MX RIDER OR LEARN TO RIDE DIRT?

CLICK THE LINK!

http://www.club57mx.com/

Wiping my last dump was like cleaning Laffy Taffy off a hot car dashboard.
Doug Stanhope

Thanks to my Sponsors - Gaerne, Protaper, ScottUSA, MSR, Motomaster Brake systems, Faction MX, Sunline, Dr D, EVS, DECAL WORKS.
post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-21-2013, 04:33 PM

Sportbike: CBR1000RR
Years Riding: Been around the block with training wheels
How you found us: Folks

Quote:
is it hard to get a job in the fd or a paramedic area? i could see in a big city but how about say out in the country areas? So with affirmative action - 2 equally qualified applicants one say white and one black - so black guy gets job just cause hes black?
If the employer has a certain racial quota to fill, yes.

You better be nice to America or we will bring democracy to your country.
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-21-2013, 04:58 PM

Quote:
With a fire department, extremely hard. I just got hired just outside of Denver. There was 700 applicants for 7 positions. When I worked in Des Plaines there was something like 500 applicants when I tested and they hired 12. I believe Chicago had 20,000ish test and they've since hired a couple hundred. Same thing with police department testing.

Affirmitive action sucks because someone with the same score, or lower will be hired above you to meet a diversity quota. Out here they do a lot of lateral transfers and that's where they get their minority hires. When I was originally testing out here I filled out a lateral transfer app and heard nothing back. Statisically I'm the perfect candidate.... Mid 20's, good experience, lots of certifications, even a life saving award. They re-opened lateral transfers 3 months later and I reapplied with the exact same application, but this time I said I was African American. Within 5 business days I got a phone call saying they wanted me. I obviously laughed at the guy and told him no thanks. I talked to some people in the fire service out here and they showed me pictures of lateral transfer academies and there were no white people. Conversely a new hire academy was all white people.

It's just bullshit really, it should be the best candidate for the job, period.

Another thing, in big cities like Denver proper- if you speak spanish you get 10 bonus points on top of your overall score. One or two points can bump you 100 positions. If you're a veteran you get only 5 points. Bullshit...

Most fire department jobs outside of big urban areas are all volunteer.

Last edited by NickIF; 02-21-2013 at 05:04 PM.
post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-21-2013, 05:03 PM

Sportbike: I don't ride

even if it was best candidates for the job, someone would get fucked. Most likely a muffucka with a dark complexion.

<---- Useless Mufugga
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-21-2013, 05:11 PM
Pierced & tattooed freak!

Sportbike: 1999 GSX-R750
Years Riding: "None of your bleepin' business!" - Joe Pesci
How you found us: Read about it in a fortune cookie

Afirmative action aside, and the philosophy of "it should be the best fitting person for the job" aside, we all know the reality of filling any open position.

It's who you know, not what you know.

We all also have seen the most incompetent boobs in your company be promoted, while the people who actually know what they are doing are left to linger behind.

And now they want us to work around the clock, on holidays, and on weekends, basically telling us with families to fuck off, so that work/life balance thing that was so important is a total crock of shit too.

And despite whistle-blowing laws meant to protect the reporter of problems, if you complain about the work, they fire your ass. And because we live in a no-fault state, and your employer can terminate you for any reason, or no reason at all, and there ain't shit you can do about it.

The workplace is not fair, never has been, never will be.

Dante: [to Randal] You never go ass-to-mouth!
Randal: [to Dante] Would you grow up!
Becky: [to Dante] OK, I'm only telling you this because we're friends, but sometimes, in the heat of the moment, it's forgivable to go ass-to-mouth.
Randal: [chuckling] Ha! I knew it.
post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-21-2013, 05:25 PM
Obsessed and Deranged

Sportbike: SV1000S
Years Riding: too many years
How you found us: dumb luck

Chicago taxpayers must pay $78.4 million by Dec. 26 — twice as much as previously anticipated — to compensate nearly 6,000 African-American would-be firefighters bypassed by the city’s discriminatory handling of a 1995 entrance exam, a plaintiff’s attorney disclosed Monday.

Last year, the city agreed to hire 111 bypassed black firefighters and pay $30 million to $40 million in damages to about 5,900 others who would never get that chance to comply with a federal judge’s order.

the tests were very racist as they required reading and math skills, now whitey gotta pay up!
post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-21-2013, 05:31 PM
Obsessed and Deranged

Sportbike: SV1000S
Years Riding: too many years
How you found us: dumb luck

The 1995 firefighters entrance exam was drafted by an African American with an eye toward diversifying a Chicago Fire Department with a long and documented history of discrimination.

When results for minorities were disappointing, the city established a cutoff score of 89 and hired randomly from the top 1,800 “well-qualified” candidates.

In 2005, a federal judge ruled that the city’s decision had the effect of perpetuating the predominantly white status quo, because 78 percent of those “well-qualified” candidates were white.
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-21-2013, 06:21 PM
Grid Marshall.

Sportbike: Tweener
Years Riding: Do I have to start over now?
How you found us: Followed the Bread Crumbs...

Send a message via AIM to Cerk
Everyone realizes that there are rampantly poor areas all over the country that do NOT live with crime and violence, yes? This is a cultural problem, not a poverty problem...along with ridiculously stupid drug laws that perpetuate the issue.

Heck, by this notion the entire country should have been shooting at each other from 1929 to 1939. Oddly, that wasn't the case.

Excuses and assholes...

Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacitus
In a state where corruption abounds, laws must be very numerous.
post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-21-2013, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GixxerDave View Post
Afirmative action aside, and the philosophy of "it should be the best fitting person for the job" aside, we all know the reality of filling any open position.

It's who you know, not what you know.
BULLSHIT. I had to pass a written test high enough to move on in selection, then I did a physical agility test that was pass or fail, then a scored panel interview with 7 current members of the department, then an independent polygraph exam, then an independent psychological exam, then a medical exam including phsyical to make sure I was fit for duty. Granted, in the past in chicago it used to be who you know but not anymore. If that was the case I would have had a job there as my entire family works for the city of chicago.
post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-21-2013, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elroy121 View Post

the tests were very racist as they required reading and math skills, now whitey gotta pay up!

Negative, there was no math on the Chicago fire department exam, only spelling and reading comprehension... at least for the 2005 test. I/O solutions (independent company) proctored the exam, the same testing company that did the Des Plaines test... but the Des Plaines test had an entire portion devoted to Math and mechanical aptitude. I'm pretty sure you got a passing grade on the CFD exam if you spelled your name correctly. What that passing grade got you was basically a lottery ticket as it was then all "random selection". I'm currently # 14,000 and would move back if I got called.
post #21 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-22-2013, 07:48 AM

Sportbike: CBR1100XX & CBR1000F
Years Riding: I can't remember that far back.
How you found us: Member

Chicago has changed a lot since the Shakman decree. It used to be who you knew. Go do a few favors for an alderman and they help you out kind of thing. Now they don't even want to talk to you about jobs because they are afraid that you might be wearing a wire. Now I'm not saying that they aren't going to try to help out those close to them. They are just a lot more careful of who they will help. They have to know you well. The racial quota's are total BS. The newest thing that is ruining the city is all of these Pedestrian crosswalk stop signs that are going up. I've been fighting this nonsense in the ward that I live in. These signs cost $400.00 a piece to install. They are constantly being destroyed. Most don't last a month without needing repair or total replacement. The city is fucking bankrupt and we can't pay for schools or police but we are going to put stupid stop signs up all across the city at $400 a pop. A sign that tells the drivers what they should already know. I'm wondering what politicians family member has the company that puts these signs in or who is getting the kickbacks for arranging this deal.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode