Californians ban Gay marriage - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

World news and Politics Discussions This is the place for all discussions about whats going on in the news and all of those political debates so many of us love to have.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 294 (permalink) Old 11-06-2008, 08:23 AM Thread Starter
Pringles can user

Sportbike: 2005 YZ250
Years Riding: 1977
How you found us: Geo

Californians ban Gay marriage

I thought this was very interesting, For all of the Obamatons.

What happened in California? it looks like THE People Voted against Gay Marriage How could that be? California is one of the most liberal states and most Pro Obama in the country, All of those democrats that are such great supporters of Barack Obama and his vision of unity in this country, Tolerance, love for one another how could this happen? I guess this is the NEW ERA, Gays cant get married. So much for Unity,love,tolerance and diversity. I bet the gay and lesbian population out there never thought they would get ass fucked by their own liberal friends out there. It looks like they are pretty pissed off.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,447744,00.html

http://slog.thestranger.com/2008/11/black_homophobia

Last edited by tnat; 11-06-2008 at 02:29 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 294 (permalink) Old 11-06-2008, 08:25 AM

Sportbike: yz250f
Years Riding: 25 years
How you found us: dont recall

despite the vote - law suits have already been filed against this.. etc etc etc
WTF good is a vote whenit will be tied up in courts, costing 10's of millions, only to be voted upon again in the next election

chop the state off and let it float away

Mike

When the tailgate drops..the bullshit stops
Hunt ethically - Hunt with a trained Retriever !
post #3 of 294 (permalink) Old 11-06-2008, 08:26 AM
Serious inquiries only

Sportbike: Specialized Allez Comp; Gkotlin's SV650
Years Riding: Always learning
How you found us: Google

Send a message via AIM to Mort82
I thought marriage was part of the institution known as a "church" and the "church" follows a guideline book called the "bible" which states we should hate homos. If you are hated by a church, why would you want to use their form of unity? Probably for tax and legal reasons.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 294 (permalink) Old 11-06-2008, 08:28 AM
Hot-Wire Her With A Pin

Sportbike: Blue Mini Cooper
Years Riding: Done for now
How you found us: Bad weather bikers

Send a message via Yahoo to Paladin
Good, it made my marriage stronger when they did that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bug View Post
I will sock ya square in your snot locker if you EVER use the term "Bron Bron" in my presence - BAHLEEDAT
post #5 of 294 (permalink) Old 11-06-2008, 08:30 AM
The Victim Newbie

Sportbike: 2007 mountain bike
Years Riding: just started
How you found us: svrider.com

Send a message via AIM to clearwaterms Send a message via MSN to clearwaterms Send a message via Yahoo to clearwaterms
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mort82 View Post
I thought marriage was part of the institution known as a "church" and the "church" follows a guideline book called the "bible" which states we should hate homos. If you are hated by a church, why would you want to use their form of unity? Probably for tax and legal reasons.
fair enough, but we have freedom of religion, meaning we are free to express what ever religious rights we choose providing it does not harm our fellow americans. I fail to see where two people who love each other should not be allowed to announce there love in much the same way I did to my wife. As such, they should be given the same rights and tax breaks that I am given. I have no problem with gay marriage, and I think it's near sighted and prejudice of the people that do.

<-- Chris

turn the bars left and go right; that just isn't right
post #6 of 294 (permalink) Old 11-06-2008, 08:32 AM
The Victim Newbie

Send a message via AIM to clearwaterms Send a message via MSN to clearwaterms Send a message via Yahoo to clearwaterms
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
Good, it made my marriage stronger when they did that.
I don't follow this logic? I don't need to compare my marriage to others to see if it's strong enough, if it works for me and my wife, then great, that is really all that matters.

<-- Chris

post #7 of 294 (permalink) Old 11-06-2008, 08:33 AM
1 piece at a time

Sportbike: Ninja ZX-6'DinoSaki'
Years Riding: Since I joined!
How you found us: teh intarwebz

Send a message via AIM to hexraptor Send a message via MSN to hexraptor Send a message via Yahoo to hexraptor
Quote:
Originally Posted by clearwaterms View Post
fair enough, but we have freedom of religion, meaning we are free to express what ever religious rights we choose providing it does not harm our fellow americans. I fail to see where two people who love each other should not be allowed to announce there love in much the same way I did to my wife. As such, they should be given the same rights and tax breaks that I am given. I have no problem with gay marriage, and I think it's near sighted and prejudice of the people that do.
+1

- Steve
post #8 of 294 (permalink) Old 11-06-2008, 08:35 AM Thread Starter
Pringles can user

Quote:
I guess they have their own version of the bible, I personally dont care who marrys who, i just find it interesting that they got sold out by their own fellow liberals, it appears that the african american community really had a problem with it. voting 70% against it.

So much for unity and diversity - I bet the gays are pretty pissed right now

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...MNH413UTUS.DTL

It also trumped racial identification. While Obama publicly backed the "No on Prop. 8" effort, African American voters had no trouble voting overwhelmingly for the man who will be the nation's first black president and then voting 70 percent in favor of Prop. 8, exit polls showed.
post #9 of 294 (permalink) Old 11-06-2008, 08:36 AM
Serious inquiries only

Sportbike: Specialized Allez Comp; Gkotlin's SV650
Years Riding: Always learning
How you found us: Google

Send a message via AIM to Mort82
Quote:
That's the problem with separation of the Church and the State....

Freedom of religion and Marriage by law... What a fucked up situation. I'm done thinking about it as my head hurts trying to figure out how to help the homos.

Where's Vern?!?!
post #10 of 294 (permalink) Old 11-06-2008, 08:39 AM

Sportbike: ninja
Years Riding: since I was a kid
How you found us: K.I.T.T.

I don't care about if it is right and wrong.

So they legalized it last month and are banning it this month now?

i remember that star trek guy being the first to get married.
post #11 of 294 (permalink) Old 11-06-2008, 08:40 AM
Hot-Wire Her With A Pin

Sportbike: Blue Mini Cooper
Years Riding: Done for now
How you found us: Bad weather bikers

Send a message via Yahoo to Paladin
Quote:
I don't follow this logic? I don't need to compare my marriage to others to see if it's strong enough, if it works for me and my wife, then great, that is really all that matters.
In Yoda voice.

Sarcasm it was spoken with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bug View Post
I will sock ya square in your snot locker if you EVER use the term "Bron Bron" in my presence - BAHLEEDAT
post #12 of 294 (permalink) Old 11-06-2008, 08:43 AM
The Victim Newbie

Quote:
That's the problem with separation of the Church and the State....

Freedom of religion and Marriage by law... What a fucked up situation. I'm done thinking about it as my head hurts trying to figure out how to help the homos.

Where's Vern?!?!
Marriage isn't defined only by the bible. Atheists get married, Budishts get married, etc. Marriage is an institution, it's a public promise made by you and your partner that you agree to be with that person for the remainder of your lives.

<-- Chris

post #13 of 294 (permalink) Old 11-06-2008, 08:43 AM
DONATING MEMBER

Sportbike: Trackdayz "I" bike!
Years Riding: since last year
How you found us: In a fortune cookie

Love the pop up banners on this thread.

------->> Best motorcycle shop ever!

http://www.chicagoperformance.com/
post #14 of 294 (permalink) Old 11-06-2008, 08:43 AM
The Victim Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
In Yoda voice.

Sarcasm it was spoken with.
figured as much.

<-- Chris

post #15 of 294 (permalink) Old 11-06-2008, 08:49 AM
B.O.B

Sportbike: 'nana.
Years Riding: Look at my join date, ruh-tard.
How you found us: SBN?

Send a message via AIM to EndlessRR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago Performance View Post
Can't rep ya anymore, Bob.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G2G
No one says you have to get drunk everytime you drink.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoodles
Isn't that like having sex and not finishing though?
post #16 of 294 (permalink) Old 11-06-2008, 08:50 AM
Super Moderator

Sportbike: bikeless
Years Riding: 10
How you found us: Shit, you know I'm a clsb OG!

Send a message via AIM to Vcook
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnat View Post

What happened in California? it looks like THE People Voted against Gay Marriage How could that be? California is one of the most liberal states and most Pro Obama in the country, All of those democrats that are such great supporters of Barack Obama and his vision of unity in this country, Tolerance, love for one another how could this happen? I guess this is the NEW ERA, Gays cant get married. So much for Unity,love,tolerance and diversity. I bet the gay and lesbian population out there never thought they would get ass fucked by their own liberal friends out there. It looks like they are pretty pissed off.

Does carrying that chip around on your shoulder ever get heavy?

Chris
post #17 of 294 (permalink) Old 11-06-2008, 08:52 AM

Sportbike: nada
Years Riding: 8
How you found us: Member

i once saw 2 guys kissing.
post #18 of 294 (permalink) Old 11-06-2008, 08:59 AM Thread Starter
Pringles can user

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vcook View Post
Does carrying that chip around on your shoulder ever get heavy?

Never, im so used to carrying all of that 300Lbs of " White guilt"

actuall with this one i find it funny, all of the gay and lesbians out there probably thought they had it in the bag with all of their support for Obama, they might have thought the minority community - african american community might have backed them up on this one and they got ASS Fucked - no pun intended. Pretty funny shit as far as im concerned. Ya just never know who will stick a knife in your back. It just proves to me that people are full of shit especially with this Obama rhetoric of unity and shit, they are all full of shit. Its a fuckin farce and with that kind of unity demonstated out in california, if Obamas counting on americans to unite, good luck. Obama will never get anything done its real sad.
post #19 of 294 (permalink) Old 11-06-2008, 09:00 AM

Sportbike: A couple
Years Riding: too long to have any sense
How you found us: NESBA

The no on 8 folks messed it up. Again.

There are actually two kinds of Marriage - Religious Marriage and Civil Marriage. This is a point that pro same-sex marriage campaigns always fail to articulate.

Religious Marriage is controlled by the Church (actually any religion). And no one was trying to mess with that. That is covered by the 1st Amendment in the US Constitution. Religious marriage carries no state recognition, no state rights, responsibilities, or privileges. It is a commitment a couple makes before God and man.

Civil Marriage is the state's recognition of that religious marriage. This is the process of acquiring a marriage license and having it executed as proscribed under law. The state's recognition of marriage gives couples rights under law in many areas, including property, death, taxes, inheritance, and benefits in many other areas. In addition, there are literally thousands of state and federal laws that reference "marriage" and not "civil unions", not to mention things like insurance policies and other generally common (and generally non-negotiable for an individual [- think about your cell phone and credit card contracts]) private contracts which contain standard wording regarding "marriage".

In addition to state Civil Marriage (marriage license properly executed), California has Civil Unions under law for same-sex and opposite-sex couples. However the state's grant of recognition and the rights and privileges that come with Civil Unions are unequal to those granted couples who have an executed marriage license (civil marriage).

It is the unequal recognition of those rights between state recognition of "marriage" and its recognition of "civil unions" that was the subject of the California Supreme Court ruling. The court said that under other provisions of the California Constitution, you can not discriminate against same-sex couples in granting rights and privileges when compared to opposite-sex couples.

Prop 8 sought to legalize this discrimination in the states' treatment of it's citizens. It had absolutely nothing to do with and would not have affected what any church, synagogue, mosque, or any other religious institution did in regards to religious marriage.

Because people have a hard time seeing the distinction between religious marriage and it's civil counterpart, many interpreted this court decision as an attack on their religious beliefs. And they reacted as expected.

The court challenges filed yesterday challenge the constitutionality of passing an amendment to the California Constitution that is at odds with another section of the same document, without also modifying that other section, which concerns guaranteeing equal rights for all California citizens.

----------

Personally, I think that the entire government at all levels should not recognize religious marriages. Rather, any couple should have to register a civil union with the government to get state recognition of their relationship and commitment to support each other. This state recognition should not be tied to religious marriage. The state should have no interest in, nor should it recognize, religious marriage. I believe that all the laws that recognize religious marriage are in violation of the separation of church and state.

This battle will rage on for many more years. In the end, a greater understanding of equality will prevail.

Craig

Last edited by beac83; 11-06-2008 at 09:14 AM. Reason: clarity
post #20 of 294 (permalink) Old 11-06-2008, 09:03 AM
Irony helps us play!

Sportbike: 2000 F4
Years Riding: Long enough to know better
How you found us: some hot MILF whispered it in my ear

Quote:

Sometimes stereotypes don't end up being true. Odd thing that.

Everyone Exaggerates

We're being taken for a ride... agaaaaaaain.....

Best Auto/Moto Insurance | Motorcycle Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #21 of 294 (permalink) Old 11-06-2008, 09:03 AM

Sportbike: A couple
Years Riding: too long to have any sense
How you found us: NESBA

Quote:
Ya just never know who will stick a knife in your back.
Gays, like every other minority, are quite used to getting F-'d over and stabbed in the back.

And every time it happens, it strengthens the resolve to fight back. That's why these issues never go away until they are resolved in the direction of more equal treatment of all.

That's why eventually, things get better.

Craig
post #22 of 294 (permalink) Old 11-06-2008, 09:04 AM
Irony helps us play!

Quote:
Never, im so used to carrying all of that 300Lbs of " White guilt"

actuall with this one i find it funny, all of the gay and lesbians out there probably thought they had it in the bag with all of their support for Obama, they might have thought the minority community - african american community might have backed them up on this one and they got ASS Fucked - no pun intended. Pretty funny shit as far as im concerned. Ya just never know who will stick a knife in your back. It just proves to me that people are full of shit especially with this Obama rhetoric of unity and shit, they are all full of shit. Its a fuckin farce and with that kind of unity demonstated out in california, if Obamas counting on americans to unite, good luck. Obama will never get anything done its real sad.
Yes.. such words of unity.

Everyone Exaggerates

post #23 of 294 (permalink) Old 11-06-2008, 09:13 AM
Slow Old Guy.

Sportbike: Inline Two Wheeled
Years Riding: Since the beginning of time
How you found us: Dan Ortega sent me

Quote:
Not true, according to Jesus (a polular Biblical figure) we are to love everyone. We all sin, that is just another form of sin.

Stolen:
The first thing you need to understand is that what Jesus taught isn't accepted by everyone in society. This isn't the answer to your question, but I am pointing out that you ask your question as if the teachings of Jesus are followed by everyone. This is not the case. I certainly do not base my ethics on the teachings of Jesus.

The reason that believers in these teachings do not follow them (and actually often do the opposite) is that humans have a fascinating ability to justify their actions in a string of cognitive illogic. Thus, we are all capable of holding one ideal very high, yet not following it at all. We are capable of holding two completely conflicting views simultaneously.

The truth is that believers have been looking for all the exceptions to "love thy neighbor" and "judge not lest ye be judged" since the words were uttered/written in a spectacular effort to prevent changing themselves and their world-view, and to change the focus from improving themselves to fixing others to conform to their world-view. Christians seek out scriptures in the Bible to justify their exceptions to these teachings.

This tendency is not solely limited to Christianity or Christians, either.

===========
Great Quote - One would think that the Secret Service was smart enough to get serviced secretly.

MotoVid hasbeen
NESBA hasbeen

CCS neverbeen
WERA neverbeen
post #24 of 294 (permalink) Old 11-06-2008, 09:14 AM Thread Starter
Pringles can user

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch View Post
Yes.. such words of unity.
You cant put me in that category, I would have voted it in. i dont care what grown adults do, apparently, those people in cali are the ones that have the problem. So dont try to label me. I guess in the new era you cant laugh at something either or find it amusing. Otherwise youre a hater. Liberals ya gotta lovem. I guess when ever you speak the truth in the NEW ERA youre called Divisive.
post #25 of 294 (permalink) Old 11-06-2008, 09:21 AM
Irony helps us play!

Quote:
You cant put me in that category, I would have voted it in. i dont care what grown adults do, apparently, those people in cali are the ones that have the problem. So dont try to label me. I guess in the new era you cant laugh at something either or find it amusing. Otherwise youre a hater. Liberals ya gotta lovem. I guess when ever you speak the truth in the NEW ERA youre called Divisive.
Throwing stones isn't unity.

Everyone Exaggerates

post #26 of 294 (permalink) Old 11-06-2008, 09:26 AM Thread Starter
Pringles can user

Quote:
Throwing stones isn't unity.
Maybe i dont give a shit, Thats the problem with most libs they dont know how to reach across the table. Unless youre of thier thinking youre a jag. Then again all of them follow the New Messiahs lead as we all know how he actually reached across the table to work with repubs and put out his hand. NOT!
The old saying when it comes to raising kids " They do as you do" well all the Obamatons are following the lead pretty well.
post #27 of 294 (permalink) Old 11-06-2008, 09:28 AM
Irony helps us play!

Quote:
Maybe i dont give a shit, Thats the problem with most libs they dont know how to reach across the table. Unless youre of thier thinking youre a jag. Then again all of them follow the New Messiahs lead as we all know how he actually reached across the table to work with repubs and put out his hand. NOT!
The old saying when it comes to raising kids " They do as you do" well all the Obamatons are following the lead pretty well.
It's rather obvious by your posts the past two days that you don't give a shit and are angered by the election results.

Everyone Exaggerates

post #28 of 294 (permalink) Old 11-06-2008, 09:31 AM
Halt, Navy security force

Sportbike: Black '05 Kawasaki Ninja 250EX
Years Riding: 6 years
How you found us: Dean

Send a message via AIM to SweetCheeks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago Performance View Post

<------- Erin
"Happiness is a belt-fed weapon"
www.moto-angels.org
post #29 of 294 (permalink) Old 11-06-2008, 09:36 AM Thread Starter
Pringles can user

Quote:
It's rather obvious by your posts the past two days that you don't give a shit and are angered by the election results.
Dissapointed is the word youre looking for, Im just thinking about the millions more of Late term abortions that are going to happen due to barack the Butcher getting in. I do have a conscience, unlike some people on this board.

With One stroke of his pen a few more million maybe. How crushed skulls and sucked out brains sound to you? If you voted for him just know that you are partly responsible for the horrible deaths of innocent babies. millions of them. But it probably doesnt bother you, you dont have to see it. And those gays who cares about them right. Obviously they are not citizens and have no civil rights. Its amazing how they are being treated as second class citizens like the blacks were in the 60s, man weve come a long way. Thank god for Unity though.
post #30 of 294 (permalink) Old 11-06-2008, 09:38 AM
i need a new bike, this one is trashed

Sportbike: Yammies
Years Riding: A few
How you found us: fellow rider

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in