Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

Congrats to GKOTLIN!!!

669 views 16 replies 12 participants last post by  Kim 
#1 ·
Congrats on the bump, Greg and welcome to Intermediate!!!

You earned it and you certainly deserved it! You looked great out there in "I"!!

Way to go!

#5 ·
Come to think of it, I shoulda mentioned that Greg moved from B grop right to the middle of I group. Nice. :)

#11 ·
Thanks for all the well wishes and kinds words. Like Wink said, I worked hard for it. I still have a long way to go. But man when you finally relax, things get smooth, it's easier, and I dropped 3 seconds! It took me a few track days to really apply the information the CR's were giving. They all rock! Though I have to give a special shout out to Wink, Carol, Heath and Melissa.

"I" group is so worth the effort! I had a great time following Adolfo, Melissa and Ron when I got out there. It was good to ride with Sam and Kim again since their bumps at Autobahn. Kim was my first! Pass that is. Before her husband hunts me down I should clarify that. Though she didn't make it easy. I think she gave my pity and let the new guy by. I was so bummed to see her crash in the afternoon. Hopefully your arm an ego were only bruised and you'll be showing me the fast lines again soon. Since I'm the new guy, it's your duty!

#12 ·
Shoot, Greg, I have been off the boards for a few weeks, and you turn around and get bumped to "I"!!! Congrats!!! I guess I'll be following you around now.

So, since I was supposed to show you the ropes and get you acclimated to all this stuff, you mind giving me a few tips to get faster? :)

Nice Job!!!

#13 ·
Haha. Thanks Tom. I think your still faster, but I'm working on it. When you were out at BHF and got your bump, that was the first time I got a knee down and got the rear loose. Both of those were chasing you!

I actually pulled 2 seconds of of my laps that weekend.

This past event at BHF when I got the bump, I pulled off 4 seconds.

I just did what I saw you doing the day I was chasing you. :bow

Your a solid rider, and I wouldn't mind following you around again. Hopefully I'll get to ride with you again before the season ends.

Thanks again for giving me good advice when I didn't know anyone here. You were the first person to show me how great Nesba people are.

#14 ·
gkotlin said:
Thanks for all the well wishes and kinds words. Like Wink said, I worked hard for it. I still have a long way to go. But man when you finally relax, things get smooth, it's easier, and I dropped 3 seconds! It took me a few track days to really apply the information the CR's were giving. They all rock! Though I have to give a special shout out to Wink, Carol, Heath and Melissa.

"I" group is so worth the effort! I had a great time following Adolfo, Melissa and Ron when I got out there. It was good to ride with Sam and Kim again since their bumps at Autobahn. Kim was my first! Pass that is. Before her husband hunts me down I should clarify that. Though she didn't make it easy. I think she gave my pity and let the new guy by. I was so bummed to see her crash in the afternoon. Hopefully your arm an ego were only bruised and you'll be showing me the fast lines again soon. Since I'm the new guy, it's your duty!
Congrats Greg! Hopefully my bike will be back together before Autobahn on the 23rd/24th. Then you can practice passing me some more...:laughing

Oh, and I'm doing fine, thanks for asking!

#15 ·
Yes, I did "Pass" you kim. Let it be noted that it was on the front straight. I didn't get past you. You let up and let me by. I couldn't pull on you enough to pass, you let up a bit at the start / finish line.

Hope to see you out there again soon. It's great to be riding with you and Sam again. I think we'll keep pushing each others abillites and growing together as we ride.

#16 ·
Oh yea. Since your bike easy to find in traffic, I decided to follow your lead!

My bike is now bright yellow! I have to get a good photo and update my avitar. Unfortuntely Mopar and I ride in "I" so we only got photos of B and A from the weekend.

#17 ·
gkotlin said:
Oh yea. Since your bike easy to find in traffic, I decided to follow your lead!

My bike is now bright yellow! I have to get a good photo and update my avitar. Unfortuntely Mopar and I ride in "I" so we only got photos of B and A from the weekend.
Sweet. Yellow bikes are the coolest.:1pimp

I will probably be rockin' some sweet primer-only track plastics at Autobahn - no time to paint. That'll be one of my (Nolan's) winter projects.:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.