Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

Kick ass Melandri slide short vid inside

468 views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  jrock 
G
#1 ·
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQWYienwhkk

:bow Balls the size of watermelons :laughing

Uhmmm I am sorry sir you will have to check those in they are too big for carry on luggage

But ma'am they are my balls

#9 ·
I do that shit on the Vespa all the damn time - Big deal

#14 ·
jrock said:
Now, if he was only on the rear wheel while doing that I would be impressed.
I know the clip from Faster that you are refering to - Who was that again?

#17 · (Edited)
Bug said:
Yes, you take the riders first initial and add azza. Barry Shene was affectionately known as Bazza. Darryl Beatie was sometimes called Dazza.

More info as I look for it:

"BAZZA" IS THE TYPICAL British nickname for Barry. However, it was given added import at the time that Barry Sheene came to prominence in the 1970s by the Adventures of Barry McKenzie, an extremely popular and very scurrilous cartoon character penned by Barry Humphries about the exploits in London of an expat Aussie whose mates all called him Bazza...as did Barry Sheene's.

#18 ·
jrock said:
Yes, you take the riders first initial and add azza. Barry Shene was affectionately known as Bazza. Darryl Beatie was sometimes called Dazza.

This normaly only applies to riders from England, Australia, Ireland, etc.
Just a wealth of, ahhhh, information, yeah, information you are :rolleyes

How do you know these kinda things ya fooookin wacko :laughing

#19 ·
Bug said:
Just a wealth of, ahhhh, information, yeah, information you are :rolleyes

How do you know these kinda things ya fooookin wacko :laughing
From listening to GP commentaters for 15+ years and reading alot. :laughing

Its an Australian thing. Gobert was called Azza, but Mick Doohan was never called Mazza that I can recall. Just called him Mick 'cause he was a hard bastard and kicked everyone's ass and you gave the man respect like it or not.

From a site I found:

Part VI: Naming Conventions

Almost nobody in Australia uses his or her actual name. Sometime in their lives, most Australians will be christened with the most unlikely moniker you can imagine.

If you are overweight, you'll be called Slim. If you're short, you'll be called Stretch. If you are a redhead, you'll be called Bluey. (I have a hypothesis that that last one relates to redheads having fierce tempers, because a fight is sometimes called a 'blue' over here. As in, "The wife and I had a bit of a blue about leaving the toilet seat up. I wish she'd stop doing that." But that could be complete crap.)

Similar to the 'ie' phenomenonie, if your name can be abbreviated and have an 'o' or an 'a' stuck on the end, it will be. For example:
Gibson: Gibbo
Robert: Robbo
James: Jimbo
Sharon: Shazza
Barry: Bazza
Warren: Wozza
(These are all pronounced with the same enthusiasm as "WHAZZZUP!" from the Budweiser commercials.)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.