Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

Food pet peeves

984 views 37 replies 23 participants last post by  Noodles 
#1 ·
I blame Ken for starting me on this whole food thing with his spumoni thread.

What frost your nuts in the area of food or places food is served.

Mine:
Fake Heinz ketchup, what the fuck why even try to give me fake stuf. I really hate the ones that put the fake stuff in the old Heinz bottles and try to pass it off as the real thing. The only place in the world that can serve something other than Heinz is McDonalds, I don't know how they do it but it taste the same.
Another ketchup related one is being sat at a table that has the solid red colored Heinz ketchup bottle. You pick it up only to realize that the damn thing is empty!
And last was something that happen to me on a ride that brought me to the middle of nowhere. I stopped at Dairy Queen hungry as shit. It was one of those really small ones about the size of a closet that only have about 3 things to order other than ice cream. I order a hot dog and this dumb but hot as hell chick tosses the god damn hotdog in the microwave:rolleyes I paid like 3 bucks for a hot dog microwaved on a paper plate. Then the real kicker was that it triggered another pet peeve, it was not a Vienna dog. It tasted like a Jewel generic hotdog!

Rant off, so what are your food gripes?

Under200

See less See more
#28 ·
You want to know what pisses me off. I'll tell ya what pisses me off.

When you order a chicken nuggets they ask you what kind of sauce, you get the food but no sauce. Why did you even ask?

They f--- in the drive through! :laughing

#29 ·
Kruz said:
Does anyone else hate tomatoes...but love BBQ and tomatoe sauce?

Same thing with all melons...watermelon, etc. I hate them, but love things with those flavors.

It's all in the dilution/concentration.
A good food processor can liquefy a multitude of sins...

#30 ·
Kruz said:
Sure texture is different, but the taste is so watered down I dont see the point.
You haven't had a really good tomato then, or melon for that matter. There are some varieties that aren't as easy to get that would blow your socks off with as much flavor as they have.

#32 ·
Kruz said:
Does anyone else hate tomatoes...but love BBQ and tomatoe sauce?
Absolutely!!!! :bow
I HATE raw tomatoes!! but i love catsup, tomato paste, sauce, soup etc.....

I also hate raw onions but GRILLED-- look out!!! I can eat grilled onions like there's no tomorrow!:laughing

My biggeswt thing is when in the drive through they barely speak english! Then when they finally get the communication part done the order is all phucked up!:bangin :bangin :bangin

#33 ·
Labdog said:
Absolutely!!!! :bow
I HATE raw tomatoes!! but i love catsup, tomato paste, sauce, soup etc.....

I also hate raw onions but GRILLED-- look out!!! I can eat grilled onions like there's no tomorrow!:laughing
Now this is scary. That makes 3 of us that hate raw tomatoes. I thought I was the only freak. +1 on the onions, only like grilled too, burn those fuckers a bit and I am in heaven.

Under200

#34 ·
scout67 said:
You want to know what pisses me off. I'll tell ya what pisses me off.

When you order a chicken nuggets they ask you what kind of sauce, you get the food but no sauce. Why did you even ask?

They f--- in the drive through! :laughing
Chicken Nuggets = Beaks and Feet !!:laughing :laughing

Reactions: Arch
#35 ·
under200 said:
Now this is scary. That makes 3 of us that hate raw tomatoes. I thought I was the only freak. +1 on the onions, only like grilled too, burn those fuckers a bit and I am in heaven.

Under200
I used to hate tomatoes and strawberries in the raw...until college. Amazing what lack of funds will do to your "What I'm willing to eat" list.... I've always enjoyed the 'byproducts' of them though.

Getting a hold of locally grown ripe ones definitely helped... most of what is in the store is under ripe and manipulated to 'appear' ripe. Wait, keep mind on topic... quit thinking about boobies...

For Onions, have you tried Vidalias? They have a a very low sulphur content (the source of the zing/bite) Admittingly though, I much prefer them at least cooked in some form or another versus raw...

#36 ·
chicken salad sandwiches...i get VIOLENTLY ill eating them...cant even take a single bite without immediatly spitting it out...there is just something about the way its made that doesnt appease to my palet...

the fucked up part..i can eat just about anything...except BRUSSLE SPROUTS

#37 ·
I'ma server part time and I don't even want to talk about food pet peves. I've got a ton of them.

#38 ·
under200 said:

Under200
Make that 4. I HATE them with a passion, but like everything made from them. I always tell people that question it that if I went on Fear Factor and they put a raw tomato infront of me, I wouldn't be able to eat it.

+1 on the onion thing as well. Maybe we all aren't weird after all.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.