Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

Grasshopper won all his races (OK, not all)!

2K views 53 replies 38 participants last post by  NickIF 
#1 ·
In his second (and final) race weekend of the year, Grasshopper won Lightweight GT, Lightweight Super Sport, and Thunderbike. It wasn't even close...so yeah, white plates for next year! :laughing

Oh, and he got SPANKED at the GT unlimited race! :laughing Nick decided to go out and race the liter bikes :laughing and admitted to getting a bit too confident out there. :laughing We were laughing as they'd BLOW PAST HIM with all that horsepower while the little SV went GRUNT GRUNT! :laughing

#27 ·
Will you sign my tits?

Congrats Bra

Reactions: crashomon
#32 ·
I appreciate it guys. I ran LWGP (1st place), and immediately after Unlimited GP which is the only money race in CCS and I think that's BS. There should be one money race per class. For example, one in Lightweight, Middleweight, And Heavyweight. Oh well. I thought I'd give it a shot, it didn't work out too well. I was in about 5th going into turn 1 and hung for about 2 laps, but everytime the big bikes got stood up and gave it a squirt of gas they just left me. I also ran LWSB and Thunderbike. Got a 1st in both of those races too. Good weekend for sure, but it's a whole different ball game come next year as an expert. I examined lap times and I'm about 2 to 3 seconds off of Ed Key, Brian Lacy, Paul James and Moore. Kwak wasn't there but he's at least 2 seconds faster than me to. I just need to figure out where I'm going to find 3 seconds. Taking some weight off the bike to free up some ponies and doing a little motor work surely won't hurt but 3 seconds is big. Shit! In pro racing a half of second is big. I'm not looking to make a career out of this but I am motivated to hang with the experts next year and try to run ROC. All in all a great last weekend as amatuer, I can't really complain at all. It's been great and I look forward to improving my skills as expert racer next year.

Cheers everyone! And thanks for your support.

Nick

#38 ·
Grasshopper said:
Then why does Moore have the big #1 on his motorcycle? That must mean something.
That big #1 eh? I've seen it a few times this year. One time as I passed him on the outside of 5 and another time when I outbraked him into 1. You know what that big number 1 means? It means he had the most points overall last year. That also means that he ran every race he could on his R6 and SV. Number 1 plate in the region don't mean diddly squat. It'll mean something this year as the performance index comes into play but in previous years, the people who ran the most races ended up winning the number 1 plate.

#41 ·
Nick.............................:bow

That is all.:laughing

#42 ·
Reverend Rice said:
That big #1 eh? I've seen it a few times this year. One time as I passed him on the outside of 5 and another time when I outbraked him into 1. You know what that big number 1 means? It means he had the most points overall last year. That also means that he ran every race he could on his R6 and SV. Number 1 plate in the region don't mean diddly squat. It'll mean something this year as the performance index comes into play but in previous years, the people who ran the most races ended up winning the number 1 plate.
First of all congrats Nick!

Now a little off topic, does that mean if I run 1 race and manage to win it then I'm tied for the #1 plate? :laughing sorry couldn't resist.

#44 ·
lovebothkats said:
First of all congrats Nick!

Now a little off topic, does that mean if I run 1 race and manage to win it then I'm tied for the #1 plate? :laughing sorry couldn't resist.
You know Dave, I was thinking the same thing. I don't understand how this calculation works.

Brian, why don't you explain the calculation between the performance index and amount of points to come up with where a rider stands.

Because I've gotten 2 first places in LWSB and Thunderbike between Wegman weekend and Gingerman which leaves me with a 1000 (perfect performance index) does that mean I win the championship? :laughing If so kick ass, because it barely cost me any money and I did it on one set of tires and the rear was a street tire.

#48 ·
Grasshopper said:
You know Dave, I was thinking the same thing. I don't understand how this calculation works.

Brian, why don't you explain the calculation between the performance index and amount of points to come up with where a rider stands.

Because I've gotten 2 first places in LWSB and Thunderbike between Wegman weekend and Gingerman which leaves me with a 1000 (perfect performance index) does that mean I win the championship? :laughing If so kick ass, because it barely cost me any money and I did it on one set of tires and the rear was a street tire.
the championship is by adjusted points. That's calculated by multiplying your points by your performance index divided by 1000. Your performance index is based on where you placed relative to how many bikes were in the event you entered.... soooooo just racing a few weekends ain't going to win ya anything. :laughing

#49 ·
SuperSpud said:
the championship is by adjusted points. That's calculated by multiplying your points by your performance index divided by 1000. Your performance index is based on where you placed relative to how many bikes were in the event you entered.... soooooo just racing a few weekends ain't going to win ya anything. :laughing
I know that, but thank you for the explanation of the calculation.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.