Married or single/dating?

2K views 84 replies 36 participants last post by  Slowass 
#1 ·
How many have taken the plunge?

Personally not getting married for a long time :laughing

#33 ·
rvt2002 said:
Same here :)
If your girl looked anything like your avatar, that would be a good thing, no? :laughing And i've been off and on with the same girl for about 7 years, not sure if one would still consider that as 'dating.'

#34 ·
EndlessRR said:
And i've been off and on with the same girl for about 7 years, not sure if one would still consider that as 'dating.'
No, one would consider that stupid!! :laughing

Obviously something isn't right if you haven't asked her to marry you in the last 7 years!! Rules to live by, if you do not know if you want to marry her/him within the first year, or are not engaged within 2 years, you might want to get out there and find the right one for you. :)

Reactions: Arch
#35 ·
Gixx said:
No, one would consider that stupid!! :laughing

Obviously something isn't right if you haven't asked her to marry you in the last 7 years!! Rules to live by, if you do not know if you want to marry her/him within the first year, or are not engaged within 2 years, you might want to get out there and find the right one for you. :)
Don't think that's really correct. There are many reasons to not get married or engaged in that amount of time. I know people that have dated for 8 years then got engaged.. there is no real rush.... just as long as you know that person is for you! :)

#36 ·
Gixx said:
Rules to live by, if you do not know if you want to marry her/him within the first year, or are not engaged within 2 years, you might want to get out there and find the right one for you. :)
+1 - Key phrase here is if you do not know if you want to marry her/him within the first year

You don't have to be old to be wise. :)

#37 ·
Hunny said:
Don't think that's really correct. There are many reasons to not get married or engaged in that amount of time. I know people that have dated for 8 years then got engaged.. there is no real rush.... just as long as you know that person is for you! :)

+1 I still don't know everything about my family members, and I've lived with them most of my life. I think one year is too short of a time period to learn enough about someone to get married.

#38 · (Edited)
Ladies, no bickering over Bobbo. :laughing Put it this way, i'd rather know for sure then lose half my shit.:laughing And don't think that we have not conversed about this, we know for a fact that neither of us are ready, we'll just consider her as a 'prototype.' And look at it this way, by the time that we do get married, she'll already know that i'm a fat slob that likes head on sunday mornings and buttseks at noon. :laughing

To be honest, who the heck wants to get married to a guy that still lives with mommy and daddy?:laughing I personally don't just want the title of being married, i want to be able to support her, ya know, have our own place, a little doggie running around, his/her garage (of course, her's will be parked on the street:laughing ). Also, if she wanted to get married she would have left me a long time ago, and the fact that the relationship has been 'on and off' shows that were def not ready.

And maybe we aren't supposed to get married, but i have no complaints about the relationship. I enjoy being with her everyday (i literally see her everyday, and i live in the burbs and she's in the city) and wouldn't mind waking up next to her every morning, but as stated, i ain't got the funds to support her to buy the bed we can sleep on. lol

And lastly, i'm still trying to figure out what i want to do for the rest of my life, and i can't progress without having that settled. Now, enough about my shitty life, let's talk about something less depressing.

Reactions: Hunny
#39 ·
EndlessRR said:
Ladies, no bickering over Bobbo. :laughing Put it this way, i'd rather know for sure then lose half my shit.:laughing And don't think that we have not conversed about this, we know for a fact that neither of us are ready, we'll just consider her as a 'prototype.' And look at it this way, by the time that we do get married, she'll already know that i'm a fat slob that likes head on sunday mornings and buttseks at noon. :laughing
:laughing rep sent

#40 ·
Everyone's needs to do what they feel is mutually right. Every person and situation is different.

Some jump off the deep end early and sink; some swim just fine.
Some 'wait until everything is perfect' and that time never comes. Some wait and get things in order and it still goes tits-up and some do just fine.
...some realize that you get more attention when you have a ring on than without.. and some.. er.. nevermind.

#41 ·
the ring on is def a goldmine lol

#42 ·
Hunny said:
Don't think that's really correct.
Well, to each their own...I myself have always known what is right for me and what is not right for me. I might have not wanted to believe it at the time, but I always discover that my intuition was correct yet again!! I can honestly say that the relationship I am in now, I know for a fact without one single doubt in my mind is what I want for the rest of my life, and I'm only 25. I've never had that before, I've ALWAYS had doubts. :)

#43 ·
Gixx said:
Well, to each their own...I myself have always known what is right for me and what is not right for me. I might have not wanted to believe it at the time, but I always discover that my intuition was correct yet again!! I can honestly say that the relationship I am in now, I know for a fact without one single doubt in my mind is what I want for the rest of my life, and I'm only 25. I've never had that before, I've ALWAYS had doubts. :)
Cerk, you are in BIG trouble buddy.:laughing

#44 ·
Slowass said:
Married and taking applications for some side action. :1pimp
:laughing :laughing

Slowass said:
...like a zit on a dirty stripper's ass cheek. :laughing
Ah the romance of it all :rolleyes

#46 ·
<---- occasionally married. Always on the lookout for a new ex- Mrs. Hills.

Seriously, though, I've been married twice, divorced twice, and am engaged to a wonderful woman. Getting married in October.

#47 ·
EndlessRR said:
Cerk, you are in BIG trouble buddy.:laughing
ahahahhaah...hahahha....haha......ha.

:laughing

#48 ·
Chills said:
<---- occasionally married. Always on the lookout for a new ex- Mrs. Hills.

Seriously, though, I've been married twice, divorced twice, and am engaged to a wonderful woman. Getting married in October.
The funniest joke along those lines I heard was:

"I was in bed with my future ex-fiance...."

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.