*Note to self, Underdog retains too much info.
Our racing org up here in MN (www.cra-mn.com
) started a spec class for the Ninja 250's. It's been an awesome class to run in and has been growing a little each year. Throw in some sweet contingency money and it's almost free racing.
Reading on WERA it sounded like there was one or two guys running the CBR's and winning, but it also sounded like that was on tighter/shorter tracks.
So maybe at BHF Ninja v.s. CBR it'd come down more to rider, but AutoBahn or RA would come down to HP. HP and speed advantage: Ninja.
As far as maintenance ... what maint? I set the valves and cleaned the carbs on mine at the begining of the season then just did oil changes after every weekend.
Our rules are as follows; The basic rules for SuperSport, plus...
1.US Market Ninja's only. This rules out anyone sneaking in a fuel injected canadian bike.
2. Engine, trans and airbox must remain unaltered. *I have a small beef with this one. I think removal of the snorkle should be permitted.
3. Carbs can have needles and jets changed.
4. OEM style windscreens. Aftermarket is OK but no double bubble.
5. Kickstand mounting tab on 2008 and newer MUST be removed.
6. US Market ECU must be used.
7. Standard pump gas, no race fuels.
Good Luck, these bikes are a ton of fun!