motorcycle routes Needed - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-10-2012, 07:53 PM Thread Starter

Sportbike: None
Years Riding: 3 days
How you found us: google

motorcycle routes Needed

I have been looking for some good trips to take that are local to chicagoland. I am supprised clsb does not have some routes already mapped out for us newer riders. Anyone got some suggestions for a good ride with not so much of straight line roads. I would like to start working on my chicken strips soon. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-10-2012, 08:00 PM
I am the Stig.

Sportbike: 09' Triumph Daytona 675, 06' Triumph Thruxton, 74' CB360
Years Riding: Some say he's been ridin motorcycles since before they were invented... all we know is he's the Stig
How you found us: Met Chills while rockclimbing.

Easiest way is to get out of Chicago... or hit up a cloverleaf somewhere, but I'm spoiled - my ride home, depending on how I wanna get there contains a road with 6.1 miles of more corners than I care to count.
post #3 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-10-2012, 08:03 PM
lust for bikes!

Sportbike: a prostitute
Years Riding: a prostitute
How you found us: a prostitute

paranoia. they think they are being watched on here by every federal and govn agency.

there is sheridan road you can cruise. what do you mean work on chicken strips?

"Why are all these people here? There are too many people on this earth. We need a new plague…"

"Thats it, nobody gets out of here alive."

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRobbins View Post
I agree completely with Steve (nouseforaname)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-10-2012, 08:16 PM
C2M
ǝɹoɯʎuɐ ʞɔnɟ ɐ sǝʌıƃ oɥʍ

Sportbike: 636/ zzr600/ r6
Years Riding: Since 07
How you found us: bathroom stall

Quote:
Originally Posted by behappy View Post
I have been looking for some good trips to take that are local to chicagoland. I am supprised clsb does not have some routes already mapped out for us newer riders. Anyone got some suggestions for a good ride with not so much of straight line roads. I would like to start working on my chicken strips soon. Thanks
Indiana and Wisconsin would be considered local routes fyi for most chicagians since we don't like riding in the city due to traffic and and discriminating signs etc etc

go time traveler style and go back in time, fuck his grandma, then shoot forward in time and then fuck his mom. Then return back to present state and call him a the product of two incest whores and hes your son and show video of you plowing the both members of his family. .
post #5 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-10-2012, 08:31 PM

Sportbike: 2010 Yamaha R1
Years Riding: 4
How you found us: Google

Send a message via Skype™ to drozek
I love the clovers on palatine and 53, but those are right handed turns. Anyone know of left hand clovers?
post #6 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-10-2012, 08:50 PM
lust for bikes!

there is a 180 blind turn on the entrance to the eoe. take the first exit westbound. thats the best left hander i know. and martingale is close there too. fun. and you can jump on 53 and hit the butterfield exit i think northbound hard then get back southbound and hit the thorndale exit hard as fucking fuck. then get back and hit that 180. actually if you turn right on that road that turns into martingale after the exit...its a light...you can hit that hard too the pavement is good. then take a left into the industrial park..there are some curves you can rail and that actually meets up to the exit you want for that 180. i used to run a loop through all that shit over and over then run up to euclid and rail the shit out of it till i got paraniod. i grew my sack on those turns out there. fuck trackdays. watch this shit all get deleted lol

actually after i learned to ride a bike you see turns all over the place you can rail the fuck out of everywhere. i was in a transitional pussy phase at that time and was blind to them like everyone else lol. now i dont have to ride more than five minutes to find all the corners i want. fuck you can throw a bike into full lean at intersections if the grip is good once you get comfortable.

"Why are all these people here? There are too many people on this earth. We need a new plague…"

Quote:

Last edited by nouseforaname; 07-10-2012 at 08:56 PM.
post #7 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-10-2012, 09:15 PM
Thee original azzhole!

Sportbike: 97 900rr-rip 09/09, 69 chevelle SS, & ???
Years Riding: it doesnt matter
How you found us: i see all

Send a message via AIM to Thunderstruck
I watched some asshat newbie take that entrance lefthander onto EOE, and went from the left lane to the right lane SHOULDER. Took it far to fast and nowhere enough lean. Thankfully the full size pickup truck he cut off was able to hit the brakes into b4 he got squished like a grape. And the rider was super lucky he didn't do it in front to a semi trailer because he would have been squished. Then the retard looks back at the p/u driver, no wave, nothing, and just kept going. I seen this because the biker was in front of me getting on the road in the left lane and I saw all this happen. I was all set & ready, cell phone in hand to dial 911 for an ambulance dispatch.

Dude, if your new riding, take your time. Your best bet with new tires you have not scrubbe in yet, is to go and do slow turns and get comfortable with your lean angles. Then after you get off the bike, look at your tires to see exactly how close to the edge of the tire you truely are. Keep in no closer then a 1/2" from the edge of the tire. When your on the street, some pebbles, oil, antifreeze can cause your tires to low side you. Of your not all the way to the edge, you still have some safety room to do a quick rub off of any fluids. Streets are not a controlled situation, where anything stupid can happen. Unlike a track day and a closed environment.

...plus my gf was with me saying "omg slow down, slow down" and I was thinking "Lose annoying squalk box in passenger seat, afford more mods and have less weight in the car and on the back of the bike"...so i dumped her and I'm single again as usual...HERE KITTY KITTY!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch View Post
pussy is the root of all evil...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunny View Post
mmmm pussy
You dont like me....i dont give a fuck...cause i'll still put ya in the hospital...me tollerating you is all that matters...
post #8 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-10-2012, 09:17 PM
lust for bikes!

that was prob pretty confusing lol. if you quick look on google maps its easy to see. that 180 once you come around puts you on in a merge of the exit of the eoe eastbound. back to that light (rowhling er whtvr) so you can get on 53 north right there using the thorndale ramp. thats a 270 right hander and i think they repaved it cus it was fucked up a few years back. that one usually has traffic tho. so yeah ur back on 53..exit butterfield....turn left...get back on 53 south...exit thorndale...turn right at rowhling light...turn left a few hundred feet into industrial park...meets up to right hand turn then like 1/8 mile to that 180. rinse repeat. take a sighting run always of course goes without saying...and time of day when nobody is out there...you can ride agressive and be sensible at the same time if you have a brain in your head. certain people ride a certain way and they need to realize their abilities and ride inside of them. this type of shit imo, at least for me personally is safer than running through some random woods and getting caught up wondering why you are in a ditch like a joe.

Quote:

Last edited by nouseforaname; 07-10-2012 at 09:22 PM.
post #9 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-10-2012, 09:19 PM
lust for bikes!

my posts are directed at drozek by the way. think hes been on here a while. the op should stick to whatever he is doing now lol, actually u can go out in a parking lot with nice pavement and practice. get a feel for what the bike does underneath you. start getting over that feeling like you think you are totally leaned over with your ear about to scrape the pavement and you are actually ten degrees from center lol. most important thing is to be smooth. smooth throttle, smooth transition in and out of lean, dont scream a gear, use 2nd in lots. get your braking all 110% done BEFORE the corner. << this is what kills new/most/all riders. they freak out and crash. dont ever put yourself in that position. you can never take a corner too slow. but you can take one too fast for your abilities and what your brain perceives to be TOOOOO fast. remember that...

it takes time but if you are willing and take baby steps and keep at it one day it literally clicks. you start to realize what you can do when your fear goes away. most people are full of shit and can barely ride themselves but think they kno it all. but if you find the right type of rider you can learn a lot fast.

Quote:

Last edited by nouseforaname; 07-10-2012 at 09:36 PM.
post #10 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-10-2012, 09:43 PM
lust for bikes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderstruck View Post
I watched some asshat newbie take that entrance lefthander onto EOE, and went from the left lane to the right lane SHOULDER. Took it far to fast and nowhere enough lean.

that turn is a scary one being blind like that and can easily catch people out fast as fuck. i used to never let people id ride with follow me in there, always let them in first even if they kno the corner well.

my big fear coming in there was always by the time i got back around (no fucking way to get back there quick) was that somebody broke down and stopped under there since i came around. always have to hold back that bit more than i wanted. but that corner will get your heartrate up blind like that. traction for days on the siped concrete tho. id love it when there was cars going like 50 strait there eastbound just driving and being fat... and suddenly come throught there, slingshot and fly right the fuck by them lol. if it was timed perfectly right you can come in the corner and just as you are turning in... and they see you hauling ass...for a split second you can see their terror face thinking you are going to totally torpedo them lmao

Quote:

Last edited by nouseforaname; 07-10-2012 at 09:56 PM.
post #11 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-10-2012, 10:06 PM

Sportbike: R6s
Years Riding: 7th season
How you found us: co-worker

Quote:
Originally Posted by behappy View Post
. I would like to start working on my chicken strips soon. Thanks
Go to an open parking lot and start doing some donuts works for me everytime.

My 2" chicken strips now .25" FTW...
post #12 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-11-2012, 12:25 AM
Imperator

Sportbike: 2006 Ducati 749
Years Riding: 3 Years
How you found us: sandplasma

Send a message via AIM to quetzal
The Sheridan Route is pretty good during the day but the curves are getting more and more trashed. They need to repave. We usually stop at Hollywood Shell, take Sheridan all the way up to Willow and then take the eway back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grasshopper View Post
I'll bet anyone on this board could be on Valnetino Rossi's Moto GP machine and Valentino could be riding on a big yellow fucking chicken and still ride better.
2008 Honda CBR 1000RR
post #13 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-11-2012, 01:21 AM
Pathological Thrill Seekr

Sportbike: Trek Marlin
Years Riding: Noob
How you found us: Followed the fast guys

Send a message via AIM to Deuces
Meet some people and head out on rides. Most of the roads I know were picked up this way. There is some great riding out there once you are shown where it is! BTW, the EOE exit turn is great and there is a little loop to have some fun right there :-)

Ride smart... stupid hurts.

Everyone crashes. Some get back on. Some don't. Some can't...

Godspeed 788!!! We miss you!
post #14 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-11-2012, 01:25 AM
Imperator

Sportbike: 2006 Ducati 749
Years Riding: 3 Years
How you found us: sandplasma

Send a message via AIM to quetzal
^What does EOE stand for? Where exactly is this place? Im from near Midway.

Quote:
I'll bet anyone on this board could be on Valnetino Rossi's Moto GP machine and Valentino could be riding on a big yellow fucking chicken and still ride better.
2008 Honda CBR 1000RR
post #15 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-11-2012, 02:09 AM
Orgynizer

Sportbike: 07 600RR
Years Riding: 8 years
How you found us: ......................

Most people aren't going to post their routes...IMO

Just come out to rides, explore and make your own

Shelly
STT Northern Promotions Coordinator
post #16 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-11-2012, 02:29 AM
G2G

Sportbike: It changes everyday
Years Riding: since 1991
How you found us: Ur mom

Yeah let me post up my routes so every Tom Dick and Harry can burn them up and I lose out on my nice peaceful riding with no cops or traffic. What's ur email address so I can send them off to u. Lol
post #17 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-11-2012, 03:13 AM
I am the Stig.

Sportbike: 09' Triumph Daytona 675, 06' Triumph Thruxton, 74' CB360
Years Riding: Some say he's been ridin motorcycles since before they were invented... all we know is he's the Stig
How you found us: Met Chills while rockclimbing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nouseforaname View Post
there is a 180 blind turn on the entrance to the eoe. take the first exit westbound. thats the best left hander i know. and martingale is close there too. fun. and you can jump on 53 and hit the butterfield exit i think northbound hard then get back southbound and hit the thorndale exit hard as fucking fuck. then get back and hit that 180. actually if you turn right on that road that turns into martingale after the exit...its a light...you can hit that hard too the pavement is good. then take a left into the industrial park..there are some curves you can rail and that actually meets up to the exit you want for that 180. i used to run a loop through all that shit over and over then run up to euclid and rail the shit out of it till i got paraniod. i grew my sack on those turns out there. fuck trackdays. watch this shit all get deleted lol

actually after i learned to ride a bike you see turns all over the place you can rail the fuck out of everywhere. i was in a transitional pussy phase at that time and was blind to them like everyone else lol. now i dont have to ride more than five minutes to find all the corners i want. fuck you can throw a bike into full lean at intersections if the grip is good once you get comfortable.
Quote:
that was prob pretty confusing lol. if you quick look on google maps its easy to see. that 180 once you come around puts you on in a merge of the exit of the eoe eastbound. back to that light (rowhling er whtvr) so you can get on 53 north right there using the thorndale ramp. thats a 270 right hander and i think they repaved it cus it was fucked up a few years back. that one usually has traffic tho. so yeah ur back on 53..exit butterfield....turn left...get back on 53 south...exit thorndale...turn right at rowhling light...turn left a few hundred feet into industrial park...meets up to right hand turn then like 1/8 mile to that 180. rinse repeat. take a sighting run always of course goes without saying...and time of day when nobody is out there...you can ride agressive and be sensible at the same time if you have a brain in your head. certain people ride a certain way and they need to realize their abilities and ride inside of them. this type of shit imo, at least for me personally is safer than running through some random woods and getting caught up wondering why you are in a ditch like a joe.
Quote:
my posts are directed at drozek by the way. think hes been on here a while. the op should stick to whatever he is doing now lol, actually u can go out in a parking lot with nice pavement and practice. get a feel for what the bike does underneath you. start getting over that feeling like you think you are totally leaned over with your ear about to scrape the pavement and you are actually ten degrees from center lol. most important thing is to be smooth. smooth throttle, smooth transition in and out of lean, dont scream a gear, use 2nd in lots. get your braking all 110% done BEFORE the corner. << this is what kills new/most/all riders. they freak out and crash. dont ever put yourself in that position. you can never take a corner too slow. but you can take one too fast for your abilities and what your brain perceives to be TOOOOO fast. remember that...

it takes time but if you are willing and take baby steps and keep at it one day it literally clicks. you start to realize what you can do when your fear goes away. most people are full of shit and can barely ride themselves but think they kno it all. but if you find the right type of rider you can learn a lot fast.
Quote:
that turn is a scary one being blind like that and can easily catch people out fast as fuck. i used to never let people id ride with follow me in there, always let them in first even if they kno the corner well.

my big fear coming in there was always by the time i got back around (no fucking way to get back there quick) was that somebody broke down and stopped under there since i came around. always have to hold back that bit more than i wanted. but that corner will get your heartrate up blind like that. traction for days on the siped concrete tho. id love it when there was cars going like 50 strait there eastbound just driving and being fat... and suddenly come throught there, slingshot and fly right the fuck by them lol. if it was timed perfectly right you can come in the corner and just as you are turning in... and they see you hauling ass...for a split second you can see their terror face thinking you are going to totally torpedo them lmao
JEEEBUS you writing a fucking novel?
post #18 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-11-2012, 08:02 AM

Sportbike: '06 SV650N
Years Riding: 4 years

Quote:
Originally Posted by quetzal View Post
Elgin/O'Hare Expressway. It goes to neither Elgin, or O'Hare.

http://goo.gl/maps/czyT
post #19 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-11-2012, 08:16 AM
Thee original azzhole!

Sportbike: 97 900rr-rip 09/09, 69 chevelle SS, & ???
Years Riding: it doesnt matter
How you found us: i see all

Send a message via AIM to Thunderstruck
Quote:
Originally Posted by quetzal View Post
EOE mean the "Elgin Ohare Expressway". It's off 290/53/355 where they all merge. But I'm warnin you, and others, DON'T GET IN OVER YOUR HEAD taking those roads. They are surprisingly devious and will come up and bite you if you haven't take then at lower speed to see what the turns are like. I live right here and seen many an idiot get in over their head. I drive them every day. My car can max out at 50mph taking the turn, the bike was max at 60 entering the eway. New area for people, take your time to find out how the road conditions are, the angle of the road, and how well your comfortable takin the turns on all of them. They are all BLIND CORNERS!!! U go too hot into the turns, u will crash. Especially if you don't know them and how they are. Be smart on new roads you don't know shit about. Don't get in over your head. One turn is all metal gaurd rails. Another is a concrete wall. Both will fuck you up. Seen it happen. Learn the route. It would be no different going to a new track you haven't been to. Gotta learn the angles, lean spots, and apex's and exits. Otherwise your going to leave in an ambulance or worse.

...plus my gf was with me saying "omg slow down, slow down" and I was thinking "Lose annoying squalk box in passenger seat, afford more mods and have less weight in the car and on the back of the bike"...so i dumped her and I'm single again as usual...HERE KITTY KITTY!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch View Post
pussy is the root of all evil...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunny View Post
mmmm pussy
You dont like me....i dont give a fuck...cause i'll still put ya in the hospital...me tollerating you is all that matters...
post #20 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-11-2012, 08:38 AM

Sportbike: 2010 Yamaha R1
Years Riding: 4

Send a message via Skype™ to drozek
Quote:

i totally forgot about EOE, as I have no reason to go ride out there. But now I do, will def be hitting it up on Thursday afternoon.
post #21 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-11-2012, 09:56 AM

Sportbike: Triumph Bonneville...the original sportbike!
Years Riding: Since about 11 years after my adult teeth came in
How you found us: I tripped over ya on my way to the can!

This was advice from an old sage when I was trying to map out a fun scenic ride for a motorcycle club's Fall color ride some time back...Get yourself a Rand Mc Nally Gazeteer of Illinois...It looks like an atlas but it's not. It breaks the state down into sections and shows every little back road down to almost unmarked goat trails. Study it and you can map out a route of the curvyest roads Illinois has!
But...keep this in mind about our fair state..."The Dragon...318 curves in 11 miles...Illinois...11 curves in 318 miles!"
Good luck.

"Dirt is for racing on...Asphalt is for getting there" OR "Flat trackers go in deeper and come out harder... OR (With apologies to General MaCarthur) "Old motorcycle racers never die, they just slip off the groove and fade into the dust!

If you want to anger a conservative, tell him a lie. To anger a liberal all one must do is tell the truth!
post #22 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-11-2012, 10:00 AM

Sportbike: 2003 Aprilia Mille R Colin Edwards / 01-02 Ninj ZX6r Tracktoy / 2003 SV650
Years Riding: 12
How you found us: some guy at the IBM credit union told me about it

Have you checked these guys out? I've used them in the smokey mountains and they were awesome but that said most roads down there are.

https://www.madmaps.com/roadtrips/ci...---chicago,-il
post #23 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-11-2012, 10:10 AM
You got the talkin' done

Sportbike: 2016 Honda Africa Twin & 1979 Honda CB750F
Years Riding: long enough to have fallen off a few times - glad I wear a helmet!
How you found us: Loose Lips Sink Ships, Loose Wires Cause Fires

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotgreg View Post
Have you checked these guys out? I've used them in the smokey mountains and they were awesome but that said most roads down there are.

https://www.madmaps.com/roadtrips/ci...---chicago,-il
They have a "Get Out of Town" map for Chicago.

If you ain't with us, then it's just bad news.
post #24 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-11-2012, 10:13 AM

Sportbike: 2003 Aprilia Mille R Colin Edwards / 01-02 Ninj ZX6r Tracktoy / 2003 SV650
Years Riding: 12
How you found us: some guy at the IBM credit union told me about it

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrock View Post
They have a "Get Out of Town" map for Chicago.
Sorry on my phone at the gym. Thoughts that what I linked? Maybe the mobile link messed it up. That said not sure if you're being ironic. I've never taken the route just used their paper maps. Bought their iPhone app but I haven't ridden on the street since.
post #25 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-11-2012, 10:14 AM

Sportbike: 05 SV
Years Riding: ...
How you found us: ...

Depending on how comfortable you are so far, take I-90 all the way past Rockford, into WI. Get off somewhere near Janesville and then head west. Once you get to around Monroe, start hitting some of those letter roads (F, J, A, etc) going North. Do this until you get to Black Earth/Mt. Horeb, eat lunch, and do the same thing on the way back. Its almost 500 miles round trip, but man its a blast. Same thing, go slow, alotta blind corners.
post #26 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-11-2012, 11:47 AM
*blender sounds*

Sportbike: Honda VFR800 25th Anniversary
Years Riding: 3 Years.
How you found us: Friend

Www.motorcycleroads.com not the best but it's something...

Want twisties? Good luck in northern Illinois, I find myself going up to the lake genva area more and more >
post #27 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-11-2012, 12:32 PM

Sportbike: Triumph Bonneville...the original sportbike!
Years Riding: Since about 11 years after my adult teeth came in
How you found us: I tripped over ya on my way to the can!

Here's another one for you...If you have reason to go down to Peoria...like for the Grand National TT motorcycle races on August 12...just sayin'...Head west from the city to IL 47. Take 47 south through Yorkville to IL 71. Head west on 71 through Ottawa, Starved Rock and a few more small towns to where it ends at IL. 26. Take 26 south along the east bank of the Illinois river to where it ends (about 40 miles) at IL.116. That will put you on the outskirts of East Peoria in Tazwell county. That is a fantastic ride even if you just turn around and head back the way you came.
If you're going to the races follow 116 west across the river and through the city of Peoria out through Bellevue and into the Bartonville suburb of Peoria. When you get to Cameron Lane (you can't miss it on race day) turn left and follow all the bikes to the Peoria Motorcycle Clubgrounds where you will see the oldest continually run club promoted race in America with the best motocycle racers in the world (flat trackers) competing!
Have a great ride!

"Dirt is for racing on...Asphalt is for getting there" OR "Flat trackers go in deeper and come out harder... OR (With apologies to General MaCarthur) "Old motorcycle racers never die, they just slip off the groove and fade into the dust!

If you want to anger a conservative, tell him a lie. To anger a liberal all one must do is tell the truth!
post #28 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-11-2012, 12:35 PM

Sportbike: Slow
Years Riding: all of them
How you found us: a real person

Are we really suggesting to people to hit off ramps as motorcycle routes in this thread? Seriously?!?!

"I pity the poor people who don't ride motorcycles"
-Malcolm Smith, champion motorcycle racer

Nick
STT Staff
Midwest Division
www.sportbiketracktime.com
post #29 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-11-2012, 01:10 PM

Sportbike: 1998 GSX-R600
Years Riding: 4th season
How you found us: Sportbikes.net

Quote:
Are we really suggesting to people to hit off ramps as motorcycle routes in this thread? Seriously?!?!
When theres a will theres a way

-Chris
post #30 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-11-2012, 01:20 PM

Sportbike: Slow
Years Riding: all of them
How you found us: a real person

Quote:
Originally Posted by project15 View Post
When theres a will theres a way
Exactly... Where there is a will to fall down on an oil, antifreeze, air conditioner moisturized off ramp there's a way. Good point.

"I pity the poor people who don't ride motorcycles"
-Malcolm Smith, champion motorcycle racer

Nick
STT Staff
Midwest Division
www.sportbiketracktime.com

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode