LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-28-2012, 02:13 PM Thread Starter
Make my day!!!!!

Sportbike: Looking at a shiny Huffy!
Years Riding: 20+ yrs.
How you found us: member

chain cleaning/lubrication

froglube

I no longer have a bike with a chain so I can not test to see how well it works. This stuff was designed for guns. I went to a gun show a couple months ago. I bought this stuff off a Tinley Park cop selling it at the show. I was skeptical about his claims so I bought the smallest he had. I have someone picking me up more next week. Check out the last three video's by hoffner's and covered 6. The fifth video down the guy shows hows to apply it and even eats some. I have been using this stuff for a couple months now. I have since started using it on all my guns. This stuff is phenomenal. I got rid of all my petroleum based stuff and froglube is the only thing in my cleaning box. This stuff has a wintergreen smell, biodegradable, and comes from plants. I believe in one video I have seen it had to be approved by the FDA due to it's content. It was created by an ex-navy seal captain. 100% American made and he donates part of his profits to serviceman. As far as cleaning, my gun looks new. The only thing I use is a bore snake and a rag. No more scrubbing! Anyone with a gun would know what a pain in the ass it is to clean one and how much scrubbing you do to keep them clean. I think this stuff would work great on a chain so I thought I would post something.

Living life! Because before you know it it is over!

Joe

FACEBOOK
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-28-2012, 02:42 PM
Bek
Your Cigar Aficionado

Sportbike: 2007 Yamaha FZ6 & 2000 Kawasaki Vulcan 800 Classic
Years Riding: Long enough to know not long enough...
How you found us: Google-fu

Send a message via Yahoo to Bek
I'm a big fan of FrogLube. Firespeed Tactical sells it. Never thought about using it on a chain.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-30-2012, 05:12 PM

Sportbike: 2012 Ducati M696
Years Riding: 4
How you found us: Google

Isn't there stuff in chain lube meant to treat and protect the o-rings too? Not sure frog lube (which I fucking love) will help with that. Plus its expensive!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-30-2012, 05:23 PM
The Halo hides my Horns

Sportbike: SV650
Years Riding: 1 year
How you found us: Google

I'm pretty skeptical (and old skool when it comes to gun cleaning) and Firebretha kept pushing me to try Frog Lube. I first tried it on my bullet press, since everything else was mucking up the main shaft and it was getting gritty. I was shocked at how well Frog Lube smoothed out the presses movement, it doesn't gum up like friggen *everything* else I've tried, and it smells awesome oddly enough. Just using it on the bullet press sold me on it and now I use it on all my guns as well. Especially after I had a rust issue after a shooting event in the rain; I've not had any issues since switching to Frog Lube.

http://firespeedtactical.com/product...ng-lube-tools/

aut cum scuto aut in scuto

http://www.firespeedtactical.com

My ZenFolio Gallery: www.LonelyRaven.ZenFolio.com

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode