Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

insurance on a BUSA!

1K views 32 replies 26 participants last post by  MaxLean 
#1 ·
Wow!! I just got insurance put on the Busa and was extremely shocked to say the least!!

State Farm with $500 deductible------$187.30 a year!!:thumbsup

Thats only $2.70 a year MORE than my KAT was!

Dang i love State Farm!!:thumbsup

#7 ·
Lucky SOB. My rates aren't too bad - only about $415/yr from Country Companies. I'll be turning 29 this June and married shortly thereafter.

I think Country Companies go by engine cc size - when I told them the actual size was 1147cc, it was a slightly lower rate than having it at 1200.

Companies like State Farm totally hose you unless you're over 30 and/or married.

My car on the other hand, still sucks - $1200/yr. Bah!!!!

#10 ·
I'm 29 and I've had State Farm for the past 4 years with no problems.
They go by cc of the bike instead of what type of bike it is.
I had full coverage w/ $250 deductible on my '00 R1 and I was paying like $30/month and for my '02 F4i I am paying $22/month.

#19 ·
lovebothkats said:
State Farm is THE BEST plain and simple. EVERYONE is high on sportbikes when you are under 25. But trust me State Farm not only offers great rates, but they also take care of you and actually come through in the event that you need it.
I'll 2nd that. Just switched from Progressive to State Farm after a proposed premium increase. With $1k deductables & high liability limits, SF hooked me up for $232/yr on the XX & $243/yr on the Deuce.

Thanks for the tip!!

#20 ·
I pay 380 a year for both of my bikes through Progressive. I keep hearing all these great things about State Farm but then I'd have to switch my house and cars there too, which I'd rather stay with Allstate.

#23 ·
Jynxx said:
I pay 380 a year for both of my bikes through Progressive. I keep hearing all these great things about State Farm but then I'd have to switch my house and cars there too, which I'd rather stay with Allstate.
I agree with the Allstate part. Not a company can touch what I pay for the cars and house. Why pay now in them just to save pennies for a bike.

Jon

#24 ·
Labdog said:
Wow!! I just got insurance put on the Busa and was extremely shocked to say the least!!

State Farm with $500 deductible------$187.30 a year!!:thumbsup

Thats only $2.70 a year MORE than my KAT was!

Dang i love State Farm!!:thumbsup

Is that just for Liability ? I assume ? Cuz I pay alot more than that through State Farm

#25 ·
Kelly is right. SF is awesome when it comes to motorcycle insurance. I pay $212 a year for my Busa and that includes everything, not just liablity. Anything is better than Progressive. They wanted $3000 per year. F%$# that!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.