Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

MFing NFL

1K views 25 replies 15 participants last post by  flinchy 
#1 ·
they switched the packer game to 7:15 this sunday, talk about SCREWING up new years eve, what the FUCK.

i had tickets to this game, thinking, okay it's a noon game, home by 5 or 6 off in time to get ready to go out for NYE, now, instead, Im stuck either missing the game, or SEVERLY upsetting the GF, saying that either A, we don't go out and we celebrate when we get home, or I don't party with her, NEITHER is something that I am looking forward to, but at the same time, i dont want to miss the game...

the bears are 13-2, playing for NOTHING, sure the packers have a chance at the playoffs but its such an outside chance, isn't there some AFC game with some importance to go after?

#6 ·
COuld be worse. The NFL could had did to teh bears l;ike they did to the packers last thursday. Nothing like screwing the fan base over that doesnt have Direct TV and trying to force the cable companies to carry the NFL Network.

Seriously this is gonna get worse. Any bets they start saying only their network can show games? Next thing in line is PPV football games.

#19 ·
Why would you hate the flex schedule? I'd much rather see seattle vs denver, NO vs Dallas, SD vs KC, etc then the usual crappy matchups they have on sunday night when they pick them at the begining of the year. Sure Bears fans get screwed on this but that's only because it's new years.

#17 ·
Rex has a slightly higher rating. Same # of INTs, Rex has 6 more TDs. Farve has more yds but over 100 more attempts as well. Slight edge to Rexy.

Player Team G Att Att/G Cmp Pct Yds Yds/G Lng TDs Int Sck SckY Rate
Rex Grossman CHI 15 468 31.2 260 55.6 3160 210.7 62 23 17 20 137 77.8
Brett Favre GB 15 571 38.1 322 56.4 3600 240.0 82 17 17 19 125 72.9

P.S. - I have a designated driver and a canopy. My tailgating plans are saved!

#18 ·
flinchy,

where are you going to be at? we always tailgate in the 31st lot, if your going to out there, we should try to meet up for a beer before the game. If your interested, im really easy to find, we fly a very unique flag at every game...

PM for details

#20 ·
I hope you chose to keep the GF happy and go out and celebrate. I know the game was meaningless but what a piss poor preformance by a playoff team! Grossman threw more TDs to the Packers than he did to the Bears....in fact I think he threw more completions to the Packers than he did to his own team. Looks like last year all over again.

#24 ·
I think I'm finally recovered from that Packers game. We normally tailgate at the 31st street McCormick place lot but for this game we had a south lot pass. We left in the middle of third quarter this game sucked so bad. It was obvious they didn't prepare for Green Bay and didn't care about winning that game. Cedric Benson was the only one I saw playing hard.

If Ron Turner doesn't give Benson the ball 30+ times and let Rex throw downfield at least 2 times a quarter in the playoffs then I am going to call for his ass to be tossed out of town like so many of our other illustrious offensive coordinators. The Bears O needs to revolve around pounding Benson until the D comes up to stop it and then going play action for all the marbles downfield. Anything else and I will be livid!

#25 ·
flinchy,

do you have tickets for the playoffs? We always tailgate at the 31st lot. Except for the NFC championship game we got a spot at 16th and LSD. But we will be in the 31st lot for the division game.

#26 ·
I'm waiting to hear if I'll be at next weeks game or not. I don't have season tickets but have two friends that almost always have extras. Nice seats right on the 50 but in the 400 level sections. I usually don't find out until the day before the game though....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.