Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

Opinion on purchasing bike

886 views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  G2G 
#1 ·
Hello,

I am new here and am looking for your opinions on buying a bike. I am not looking into anything very expensive. I am new in bike riding.

I have found two websites please share your opinions..Also, I am tall 6'0 and 225lbs..What kind of bike should i get?

Here is my first choice....viva-motors.com/dirt-bike-250cc-perimeter-aluminium-frame.html

and my second...xxx-motorsports.com/250cc-roketa-db36a-dirt-bike-p-340.html?cPath=3_70

Thanks,
Pete

#3 ·
they're both crappy chinese knockoff dirtbikes, I wouldnt recommend either. The first link takes you to a page that tries to load viruses or spyware too, I wouldnt recommend going there often. why do you want a junky knockoff dirtbike?

#8 ·
Knocks off are Chinese copies of quality Japaneses bikes. workmanship and materials are inferior and will cause you nothing but problems.

if you want a dirtbike, buy a honda, it will last for many many years, and they have plenty of financing options if your straped for cash.

#9 ·
those are chinese junk bikes using knock off engine designs of japanese bikes. Get a real dirtbike(ktm,honda,kawi,zook,yami) either that or carry a metric fuckton of tools and parts along with you when you ride to fix one of those chinese hunks of crap.

#11 ·
If you're looking new...look at 250F's from Yamaha, KTM, Suzuki and Honda...you can't miss on any of them.

Keep in mind though, that you can get a slightly used dirtbike (lots of guys buy 'em and never use 'em) for a very low cost...something to consider for a "first" bike.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.